• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

drotahorror

You can choose an act from the timeline and it'll prompt you to change the difficulty.

Thanks.

So yeah I only played for about 30 minutes on tuesday morning and I guess I don't remember something.

early game spoilers (first 2 or 3 chapters or w/e)

Didn't jack get captured before you take control of Serene the first time (before the first episode of live action stuff?) I thought I remembered him and his brother getting caught, so it's strange that he's on the loose right now in the live action parts

I'm probably remembering things wrong though.

Got that live action thing on pause hopefully someone can chime in.

GavinGT

Banned
Thanks.

So yeah I only played for about 30 minutes on tuesday morning and I guess I don't remember something.

early game spoilers (first 2 or 3 chapters or w/e)

Didn't jack get captured before you take control of Serene the first time (before the first episode of live action stuff?) I thought I remembered him and his brother getting caught, so it's strange that he's on the loose right now in the live action parts

I'm probably remembering things wrong though.

Got that live action thing on pause hopefully someone can chime in.

He escapes from the van at the beginning of the first live action episode.

drotahorror

He escapes from the van at the beginning of the first live action episode.

I'm like 10 min in and that hasn't happened yet. The first live action episode I've watched (watching now) is the one right after you decide with serene on one of those 2 choices, the PR thing or the other.

Seems like I missed an episode? How do I go back? It's not in the time line.

derFeef

Just watch and play folks. I am bewildered at the fact that some pauses the game/show and ask when something is going to happen, or what exactly.

drotahorror

Just watch and play folks. I am bewildered at the fact that some pauses the game/show and ask when something is going to happen, or what exactly.

I asked if I missed an episode. I lost track of what had happened having only played for 30minutes monday at midnight when the game released.

I was confused because when I chose the PR approach it acted as if Jack was already loose when I thought he had been captured.

I should have restarted the game, I wasn't comprehending fully what was happening. I don't give a shit what you fucking think by the way.

fucking ignored way to fuckin make me pissed off for something so petty and almost innocent.

gfxtwin

I'm playing this on a PC. Someone remind me how this game is broken again? Runs as well as anything I've played on my 980. I can see it chugging on lower end graphics cards with 2 or 4 gigs memory, but that's the nature of the current gen beast. These graphics are among the best of any game on PC. Better than The Witcher 3, Ryse, Arkham Knight, etc. So far my only complaint about the technical side of things is that you can't download the show...yet.

Filben

Were you able to buy it on the US Windowd 10 store with a non-US credit card? My understanding was that after the whole ROTTR thing, Microsoft locked that down.
I payed via my German PayPal Account. Worked flawless.

This is the third Xbox One game in a row I've played that has weirdly imprecise or slightly wonky aiming. You notice it most when you're fighting dudes where your powers are taken away and you're forced to just aim well and essentially get headshots only. I'm starting to wonder if it's a flaw with the controller design and inherent deadzones.
Nope, it's definitely NOT the XOne controller. Just played Max Payne 3 again. Absolute flawless, smooth and precise controls. They aren't any better out there in a 3rd-person-shooter. It's just that some developers don't know how to pull that off.

That's one thing I disagree with completely.

It would have been a categorically, massively better paced and presented game with the story bits from the live action show integrated smoothly into the game as regular cutscenes, like any other videogame out there. The 20 minutes breaks and the fact that they are live action add nothing to the game, IMO.

Agree 100 percent, all the show did was pull me out of the game, ruined the pacing for me.

I thought the show was very well done. Telling a completely different story that occurs concurrently with the main story; just any other point of view amidst the chaos. It was super weird playing a game and then watching a TV Show, in a good way.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh, is that where this Nick character comes in? He follows you around in Act 2 instead of the flat-butt protester girl?

Bro.....don't be dissing on my Amilia Rose Blaire......she's a beautiful woman.

edit: is it also sad that the PC thread on QB is going to have more posts than this OT within the next few days?

MacBosse

Alright so I've played up to Act 4 now and wow, truly awesome game. The TV show segments are better than I expected and really does a good job at expanding the characters and the narrative.

The gunplay is very fluent and using the powers in progression feels awesome.

Great work Remedy!

Doffen

I imagine launching Quantum Break on Windows 10 has done more harm than good.
It sucks because I think it was a solid
2/5
experience on Xbox. The game deserves to be a success.

blakep267

I imagine launching Quantum Break on Windows 10 has done more harm than good.
It sucks because I think it was a solid
2/5
experience on Xbox. The game deserves to be a success.
I don't feel that way. Not saying the PC version doesn't have issues,because it does. but things on this site get blown to much bigger proportions than out in the real world. You'd think that the W10 version of QB is as worse as Arkhan knight PC reading some of that other thread

Episode 1. It isn't working with a huge budget, but I think many people are selling it short. It looks pretty good, has some pretty decent action beats, and I particularly love that it focuses on the other side of the story. My only real narrative gripe is that
Liam is very quick to believe Beth and go against Monarch. I'm willing to bet there's a narrative reason he immediately believes her, but I do think we needed to see at least more of a hint of it now to make it feel a little less clunky.

Edit: And I love how act 2 opens in relation to episode 1. Digging the hell out of this structure so far.

If you read all the emails then yeah, that bit makes sense. I think the ones pertaining to that scene come along in Act 2.

I'm like 10 min in and that hasn't happened yet. The first live action episode I've watched (watching now) is the one right after you decide with serene on one of those 2 choices, the PR thing or the other.

Seems like I missed an episode? How do I go back? It's not in the time line.

You didn't miss anything, finish the episode and start the next act and all will become clear.

Ricky_R

Gotta love the "subtle" Microsoft product placement in the TV show.

Are we sure this is MS and not Remedy? I'm not implying that MS doesn't do product placement, but Alan Wake had a few as well and I assumed it was a Remedy initiative.

They can work if done right.

Doffen

Gotta love the "subtle" Microsoft product placement in the TV show.

They had a Windows Phone in the reveal trailer back in 2013.

4wbW0i4.png

On Act 2 and not impressed. Whats up with the animations? There is no animation to pop out of cover? It just happens 0_o No Animations to pick up a gun or change your gun? This is 2016. The aiming is wonky and the game just doesn't feel polished at all.

I'm sorry but these things completely pull me out the game and things I wouldn't expect from Remedy

On Act 2 and not impressed. Whats up with the animations? There is no animation to pop out of cover? It just happens 0_o No Animations to pick up a gun or change your gun? This is 2016. The aiming is wonky and the game just doesn't feel polished at all.

I'm sorry but these things completely pull me out the game and things I wouldn't expect from Remedy

The time egg is broken bruv.

im adoring the game so far.

combat is just so fun. story is super solid.

live action show is basically 24 with a drunk guy with a gun yelling for chloe

shandy706

If the animations were lengthened...we'd be dying a lot more. LOL

Zedox

I've never taken so many screenshots on my Xbox as with this game (thank you based Kinect). Truly beautiful game. I'm in the final act. I know in the early acts I missed some extra stuff. I'm gonna have to go back and get some clues and see what's different. I think this may be a game that I may go for 100% completion and 100% Gamerscore. I'm only sad that I know it's coming to an end and someone from Remedy mentioned no DLC. :(

DSmalls84

Time dodge/rush are amazing! Definitely my two favorite skills and they basically turn you into Quicksilver. Got to Act 5 last night so I should be nearing the end.

Udder

Neo Member
I'm about halfway through my playthrough and i'm bored to tears. This game feels like one of those dime a dozen "innovative shooters" that appeared halfway through the 360's life cycle. I am really disappointed cause i expected better from Remedy, i honestly think they should of just stuck with Alan Wake 2.

That's cause you're not meant to stick to cover. Complaining about this game not having enough animations for the simplest thing that would mess up combat flow? I guarantee people would be losing their shit if Jack had to be animated to pick up every piece of ammo. It's what I dislike in Uncharted. People complained about that in the new Wolfenstein, too.

That's cause you're not meant to stick to cover. Complaining about this game not having enough animations for the simplest thing that would mess up combat flow? I guarantee people would be losing their shit if Jack had to be animated to pick up every piece of ammo. It's what I dislike in Uncharted. People complained about that in the new Wolfenstein, too.

hated it in wolfenstein.

combat is fast and easy and fun. i like how it is now a lot.

if you think its a cover shooter cause youre spending time in cover, youre playing wrong

Jumeira

Banned

It would have been a categorically, massively better paced and presented game with the story bits from the live action show integrated smoothly into the game as regular cutscenes, like any other videogame out there. The 20 minutes breaks and the fact that they are live action add nothing to the game, IMO.

OK, but I'm glad they didn't. The story (so far) has been enjoyable partly because of the live action sections, and given the graphics are already fantastic the transition to gameplay didn't break the immersion. I mean the comic relief segments, car chases, stand off etc wouldnt have been possible with CG as there's naunces that is generally difficult to recreate. The world itself was faithfully represented inlive action and it was this attention to detail that enriched the story for me. I would love them to do the same for Alan Wake.

Gotta love the "subtle" Microsoft product placement the TV show.

Perhaps, but they paid for this game it's not really surprising.

I've never taken so many screenshots on my Xbox as with this game (thank you based Kinect). Truly beautiful game. I'm in the final act. I know in the early acts I missed some extra stuff. I'm gonna have to go back and get some clues and see what's different. I think this may be a game that I may go for 100% completion and 100% Gamerscore. I'm only sad that I know it's coming to an end and someone from Remedy mentioned no DLC. :(

No DLC?!
Really are you sure? I could have swore they said DLC was coming.
I'm definitely going for 100%

Trup1aya

I don't think they add anything to the GAME, but they definately add to the universe.

The best thing about the pacing is that you don't have to watch them during your playthrough, and the game still makes sense.

There are ingame cutscene's where needed. But if you want to learn more about Monarch and their motivations of individual characters, the live action episodes do a surprising good job. Better than any game I ever recall trying to do something similar (ingame or otherwise).

It's akin to watching having a movie with ties to a TV show, like MCU. It's complimentary

Edit: I think the Halo franchise did a pretty good job with this sort of thing with the novels up until the Promethean stuff. But the delivery of live action media makes for a much more seem less experience, naturally.

New game means new game. There is also warnings and this concept isn't exactly new. Countless other games do it this way. Some people man smfh.

Usually collectibles and upgrades don't get wiped.

Whatever, I just won't be replaying it. My love for this game is now gone. No need to be rude.

shandy706

Usually collectibles and upgrades don't get wiped.

Whatever, I just won't be replaying it. My love for this game is now gone. No need to be rude.

It was pointed out to you, and you even asked a few pages back...that you can do it from Level select.

If you did it by accident...that totally sucks...yikes.

Sorry bud.

I don't feel that way. Not saying the PC version doesn't have issues,because it does. but things on this site get blown to much bigger proportions than out in the real world. You'd think that the W10 version of QB is as worse as Arkhan knight PC reading some of that other thread

Umm.... that's because it is.

Edit: Correction. It's worse then Arkham Knight.

Strootman

Man, shooting in this game with all these powers is just awesome.

They definitely should release an horde mode or something like that.

Top Bottom