• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Sawneeks

Banned
The description was:

You can self-heal from most injuries including death. You're also immune to Araxia. I wouldn't test my luck in the incinerator though...

That's how I read it.

Why won't you guys let me help you?

So that kinda verifies CCS claim at least. The Incinerator is never mentioned in the opening flavor and ( according to gaf's search function anyway ) that was the first time it was mentioned in the thread.

Abusing your power already? What's all this you're trying to charge me with?

I'm renaming Director to Dictator.

After you made your reads list both Verelios and I asked you why you didn't mention anything regarding how people reacted to you in that list. Normally you make a gambit to gauge reactions to see how people react and figure out who knows more than they let on but you never went of that.

And before you say you simply missed those questions, I brought it up again and you still ignored it there too.

Are you infected Saw?

No.

I see our Director is using their new voting power already.

oh LP I wanted to ask

what was that at Day End? What made you switch to me right at the end?

Faddy

Banned
You mean, the second claim where I say there isn't anything special about me (ordinary Town)? You are holding out on flipping Nothing, because that's valuable?

The incinerator turning up as a town mechanic does make me realise I was over reading things on day 1

But that doesn't mean you aren't infected now!

Sawneeks

Banned
So no kill because infected only kill when level 1 and the lone infected killed the Director on Night 0 and was level 2 for Night 1 and spread the infection to someone else.

So there will be a kill tonight if we don't incinerate the level 1
And the infection will spread to another person if we don't incinerate the level 2

That's the assumption but until we get a flip that details the mechanics we can't be 100% certain.

Sawneeks

Banned
After you made your reads list both Verelios and I asked you why you didn't mention anything regarding how people reacted to you in that list. Normally you make a gambit to gauge reactions to see how people react and figure out who knows more than they let on but you never went of that.

And before you say you simply missed those questions, I brought it up again and you still ignored it there too.

*out who knows more than they let on but you never did any of that

acohrs

Dubious statistics

latest

Karkador

Banned
I'm renaming Director to Dictator.

Alright, have fun explaining that to your constituents

I gave a very thorough list of impressions from my gambit, much more than anybody else contributed. That post took me like 3 hours to put together. I couldn't get to every last thing, especially as I got more and more tired as the work went on, and the rest of the game day was during the workday which didn't allow me to dig so deep.

You and others were expecting me to solve the mystery day 1, which is downright impossible. Nevertheless, you try to demean my efforts to generate discussion we can look back at, offer reads and chase after people.

Despite my methods, you are effectively targeting pro-Town behavior with your wrecking ball of votes, and you're doing it on impulse with no Day 2 discussion from other players.

Burbeting

Banned
I will be busy during D2 (Bear parties!), but I'll try to be as active as possible.

So CCS' claim was at least partly true.

And some of you thought I was crazy for believing CCS's claim.

The claim is still dubious, though. Member of who cannot be night-killed or infected (Assuming there aren't night killing powers dealing with fire)? Feels overpowered on terms of balance, that's for sure. Scum could claim a role like that on order to explain why they were never assumingly infected or killed.

Karkador is still the most dubious person in the game. It's possible he is scum who thought they could jump ship. It doesny help that the extra information he claimed to have got from players didn't result into much, imo.

Burbeting

Banned
With Araxoidmeter meter being 2 now, it's likely either:

1. The level 1 araxoid turned into level 2, if we assume the level 2 counts as 2 araxoid meter numbers. Most likely nobody else was then turned?
2. If we assume number basically means the number of infected, then someone was infected last night, bringing number to 2.

I think second option is more likely.

Natiko

Banned
I will be busy during D2 (Bear parties!), but I'll try to be as active as possible.

So CCS' claim was at least partly true.

The claim is still dubious, though. Member of who cannot be night-killed or infected (Assuming there aren't night killing powers dealing with fire)? Feels overpowered on terms of balance, that's for sure. Scum could claim a role like that on order to explain why they were never assumingly infected or killed.

Karkador is still the most dubious person in the game. It's possible he is scum who thought they could jump ship. It doesny help that the extra information he claimed to have got from players didn't result into much, imo.
This is a game with lots of crazy, does it really seem that unlikely roles like that might exist?

Faddy

Banned
Kark explain this wording. It is the only reason I'm not sure we can trust you.

To be clear, I think we must assume that "Infected" is the thing we need to focus on lynching/killing with fire. That' the goal of the game. My wonder is if there are players who are aligned on the enemy side, with the goal of spreading the disease, that are not themselves carrying disease. Does that make sense?

That is too on the nose.

Sawneeks

Banned
I gave a very thorough list of impressions from my gambit, much more than anybody else contributed. That post took me like 3 hours to put together. I couldn't get to every last thing, especially as I got more and more tired as the work went on, and the rest of the game day was during the workday which didn't allow me to dig so deep.

You and others were expecting me to solve the mystery day 1, which is downright impossible. Nevertheless, you try to demean my efforts to generate discussion we can look back at, offer reads and chase after people.

Despite my methods, you are effectively targeting pro-Town behavior with your wrecking ball of votes, and you're doing it on impulse with no Day 2 discussion from other players.

None of us asked you to completely solve the mystery on Day 1 but so far I have seen no point in your gambit from a Town perspective. You claimed you did it in order to get discussion going but you could have also done that without having to go full 'I'm going to claim Scum!'. So what's the benefit of claiming Scum as a Townie? Maybe it's to look at reactions, see who didn't believe you immediately vs those who did, look at those who awkwardly danced around your claim, or maybe even look into the Infection mechanics discussion to see who brings up something they treat as fact?

But you didn't. You gave a general sweep of all the players and put them into your reads list.

And don't start with the whole 'I'm trying to get discussion going and you're stopping me' shtick, I tried to get a discussion going with you yesterday. Twice. And you ignored me both times.

Also, it's 3 votes less than an hour into Day 2. Unless 9 other people suddenly decide to vote for you there is no danger right now of you being lynched. No need to get on the defensive so quickly.

Karkador

Banned
None of us asked you to completely solve the mystery on Day 1 but so far I have seen no point in your gambit from a Town perspective. You claimed you did it in order to get discussion going but you could have also done that without having to go full 'I'm going to claim Scum!'. So what's the benefit of claiming Scum as a Townie?

The opportunity to pull such a stunt is there because I couldn't be lynched D1. The benefit is that it's a shocking stunt to pull, and I aim to shock people into doing stupid things.

Maybe it's to look at reactions, see who didn't believe you immediately vs those who did, look at those who awkwardly danced around your claim, or maybe even look into the Infection mechanics discussion to see who brings up something they treat as fact?

Yes, that's what I said

But you didn't. You gave a general sweep of all the players and put them into your reads list.

You're sweeping aside that I cited quite a few posts for players I found suspicious. I'd call that more than a "general sweep", and it's putting myself out there a lot more than most of the player base.

And don't start with the whole 'I'm trying to get discussion going and you're stopping me' shtick, I tried to get a discussion going with you yesterday. Twice. And you ignored me both times.

Because you flop around and wont take a position, which was noted. Otherwise, I didn't deem you that important.

Also, it's 3 votes less than an hour into Day 2. Unless 9 other people suddenly decide to vote for you there is no danger right now of you being lynched. No need to get on the defensive so quickly.

It's not just three votes - you're making a statement

Sawneeks

Banned
The opportunity to pull such a stunt is there because I couldn't be lynched D1. The benefit is that it's a shocking stunt to pull, and I aim to shock people into doing stupid things.

Well...yeah, that's the point of a gambit?

But if you're going to pull a gambit that confuses Town to a point where you will probably be lynched ( and if you are Town, a mislynch ) shouldn't the outcome of that be worth it? The reward should outweigh the risk.

You're sweeping aside that I cited quite a few posts for players I found suspicious. I'd call that more than a "general sweep", and it's putting myself out there a lot more than most of the player base.

I can't disagree with that last part, your reads list was more than some other people have done in the game. But Activity =/= a Towntell, just because you put work into a reads list doesn't make you Town. :/

Because you flop around and wont take a position, which was noted. Otherwise, I didn't deem you that important.

It's not just three votes - you're making a statement

'You don't take hard stances so I ignored you'

'You took a hard stance and made a statement - how scummy!'

:x

Then if you ignored me for being noncommittal why did you ignore Verelios? He also asked you the same thing.

Karkador

Banned
Well...yeah, that's the point of a gambit?

But if you're going to pull a gambit that confuses Town to a point where you will probably be lynched ( and if you are Town, a mislynch ) shouldn't the outcome of that be worth it? The reward should outweigh the risk.

We haven't gotten a single flip in this game, what exactly are you assessing as an outcome right now? You can't say whether or not there was a success.

I can't disagree with that last part, your reads list was more than some other people have done in the game. But Activity =/= a Towntell, just because you put work into a reads list doesn't make you Town. :/

So, as elected Town leader, are you trying to send a message to Town that activity isn't important?

Then if you ignored me for being noncommittal why did you ignore Verelios? He also asked you the same thing.

I simply did not have the time to follow up a huge time-consuming reads list with another megapost to explain what I'm up to.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, so if someone else was infected last night...then...ok, I have no idea how this damn meter works.

We think we had one infected yesterday, which would be a Lv 1 infected. Since we didn't lynch them yesterday, then they are probably Lv 2 now, but if they infected someone else we may have another Lv 1 running around (since Dusk told us to check our PMs). So the Araxia level leads me to believe it's a count of how many are infected, but the fact that it gets to 10 seems pretty ridiculous to me, since at that point we should have lost the game.

So whatever. I'm just going to ignore that number for the time being.

Kark is yesterday's news. But since we had no death and no flip, and the meter doesn't tell us much, I guess that's all we have for now.

Unless anyone feels like offing our Director now?

Faddy

Banned
Ok, so if someone else was infected last night...then...ok, I have no idea how this damn meter works.

We think we had one infected yesterday, which would be a Lv 1 infected. Since we didn't lynch them yesterday, then they are probably Lv 2 now, but if they infected someone else we may have another Lv 1 running around (since Dusk told us to check our PMs). So the Araxia level leads me to believe it's a count of how many are infected, but the fact that it gets to 10 seems pretty ridiculous to me, since at that point we should have lost the game.

I think through tied votes and blocked infected kills the counter could theoretically reach 10.

Sawneeks

Banned
We haven't gotten a single flip in this game, what exactly are you assessing as an outcome right now? You can't say whether or not there was a success.

True, we don't have any mark of whether or not this was a success and we won't until we start flipping people. But so far with what you have provided it doesn't read like this is some master plan on your end to catch Scum, it reads to me like this was a gambit that backfired horribly and you're picking up the pieces.

And if I'm wrong? Well I'll come back and apologize and I won't doubt your weird gambits again.

So, as elected Town leader, are you trying to send a message to Town that activity isn't important?

Clearly that's what I'm saying here.

Down with activity, up with votes.

I simply did not have the time to follow up a huge time-consuming reads list with another megapost to explain what I'm up to.

Soooo what would we have done if you died last Night? Just guess and be like 'well we think that's what Kark meant by that...' and hope we figured it out?

Sounds to me like you didn't expect to die. I wonder why that is.

Sawneeks

Banned

I kinda assumed that it was 10 because that's half of the player list and if half of the players got infected then we would lose automatically.

I'm still guessing the Meter just reads how many Scum are currently in the game.

Kark is yesterday's news. But since we had no death and no flip, and the meter doesn't tell us much, I guess that's all we have for now.

Unless anyone feels like offing our Director now?

Not even 2 hours in and you already want me dead

<3 you LP

Karkador

Banned
Soooo what would we have done if you died last Night? Just guess and be like 'well we think that's what Kark meant by that...' and hope we figured it out?

Yes, that's what usually happens in a mafia game. My Ordinary Town role would have flipped, everybody would have collectively slapped their foreheads, and the game would go on.

Day 1 is hardly ever a miracle of information, and it especially wont appear that way on Day 2. I think you should be thankful that there was actual scum discussion in Day 1.

Sounds to me like you didn't expect to die. I wonder why that is.

The only way I die in the first round is by cop suicide, you all know this.

Kalor

While CCS isn't completely cleared I guess the incinerator shows that he knows something. For all we know he was the first infected and was told how he could die.

Karkador

Banned
BOOM MUTHAFUCKA WE IN THIS

KARKADOR GAMBIT STAGE 2

I AM 'INFECTED' WITH LOVE

&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;&#10084;&#65038;

Top Bottom