• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

franconp

As I said yesterday I would bet you can't cure an infected level 2. You guys never listen I swear. Quite the conundrum we have now though. Two confirmed townies and a director all on the loose.

I'm pretty sure I can't. That's why I can use it during the day phase. Also if I could use it on a level 2 and he can enter a scum chat the game would be broken.

Fat4all

Banned
I am pretty sure day 1 had two possibilities;

1. There was one infected who was already level 2.

2. There were at least two level 1 infected.

I don't think fran could of ended the game early yesterday, even if Kark wasn't bluffing at first.

NOTE: My new infected form had no information whatsoever about being able to kill OR infect. I think it's either randomly done at night, or only level 2's can infect or kill.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well Dusk posted again and we didn't get a big 'science doggo is now cured!' post so I'm assuming we just don't get one.

For now...I'll believe you both. The command was accepted so it's not like Fran was making something up, although a Doctor + Masons combo is crazy strong. But if Fran was lying about the Mason part then I'm not sure why Fat4All would back him up unless it was a crazy Scum Gambit....but I don't think that's the case.

Although now comes the fun question of Masons and Lovers in one game? Curious to see who Kark's other half is now.

Also I don't know if Dusk will confirm something here if the injection worked or not.

In case someone didn't notice Fat4all and I are masons. I'm a head research and he is my assistant. We have a secret chat were we can talk. But if any of us get infected he has to leave the chat. He didn't responded there but keep posting here so something was wrong.

I also have a couple of vaccines. I can use it both during the day or night to cure someone. I have just used one. So I have only one left.

Now the interesting part. Were do we heard about the vaccines before? Kark talked about them. He said that them could cure him. Which is weird, because a vaccine isn't something you use to cure an infection, is something you use to prevent one. So how did he know that a vaccine would cure him?

I didn't trusted him and was all over him because of this. He was looking for someone able to cure. I don't know what's his objetive but we should lynch him.

If you had the ability to cure during the Day and Night phases why didn't you try to cure kark on Day 1?

Although the bolded is a good point and I believe someone pointed that out yesterday as well.

As I said yesterday I would bet you can't cure an infected level 2. You guys never listen I swear. Quite the conundrum we have now though. Two confirmed townies and a director all on the loose.

How is that a conundrum?

Sawneeks

Banned
I am pretty sure day 1 had two possibilities;

1. There was one infected who was already level 2.

2. There were at least two level 1 infected.

I don't think fran could of ended the game early yesterday, even if Kark wasn't bluffing at first.

NOTE: My new infected form had no information whatsoever about being able to kill OR infect. I think it's either randomly done at night, or only level 2's can infect or kill.

I agree there has to be some balance here if Fran could use his command during the Day as well but #2 goes against the Araxometer since it read '1' yesterday.

If anything it would likely be #1 and whoever was Infected to start could never be cured.

Karkador

Banned
Now the interesting part. Were do we heard about the vaccines before? Kark talked about them. He said that them could cure him. Which is weird, because a vaccine isn't something you use to cure an infection, is something you use to prevent one. So how did he know that a vaccine would cure him?

I didn't trusted him and was all over him because of this. He was looking for someone able to cure. I don't know what's his objetive but we should lynch him.

Why are you parroting what Natiko said yesterday?

Also in regards to this, vaccines do not treat an infection, but they instead prevent an infection. If vaccination is a mechanic I would guess it prevents someone from contracting the disease, but that it does not cure someone who already is infected. Again, I doubt there is anything that can cure you at this point.

Faddy

Banned
I agree there has to be some balance here if Fran could use his command during the Day as well but #2 goes against the Araxometer since it read '1' yesterday.

If anything it would likely be #1 and whoever was Infected to start could never be cured.

So until you kill you can be brought back is my read. Since Fran says he can submit at night vaccines probably cancels the infected kill command and brings them back to town.

So if there is no level 1 there should be no infected kill tonight.

franconp

Well Dusk posted again and we didn't get a big 'science doggo is now cured!' post so I'm assuming we just don't get one.

For now...I'll believe you both. The command was accepted so it's not like Fran was making something up, although a Doctor + Masons combo is crazy strong. But if Fran was lying about the Mason part then I'm not sure why Fat4All would back him up unless it was a crazy Scum Gambit....but I don't think that's the case.

Although now comes the fun question of Masons and Lovers in one game? Curious to see who Kark's other half is now.

If you had the ability to cure during the Day and Night phases why didn't you try to cure kark on Day 1?

Although the bolded is a good point and I believe someone pointed that out yesterday as well.

How is that a conundrum?

Because I didn't trusted him. I said that plenty of times. I keep pressing him and all his answer were wrong. All the ruled made no sense. Also I thought the game could be broken that way. I only have a couple of shot, didn't wanted to waste one on someone who was lying. If he was lying a trap I didn't wanted to fall for it.

So how did you know this?

He can't go back into our mason chat until the night phase.

Why are you parroting what Natiko said yesterday?

Because I realized after he said that. And also is true.

Sawneeks

Banned
So until you kill you can be brought back is my read. Since Fran says he can submit at night vaccines probably cancels the infected kill command and brings them back to town.

So if there is no level 1 there should be no infected kill tonight.

Yeah, that's where my guesses are as well. I think you could be cured up until you gain access to the Scum Chat which might be at the same time they could Kill.

It is possible that Scum did try to kill someone last Night but was stopped by a Doctor/Blocker/etc. but until when/how the kills work I'm super sure.

Because I didn't trusted him. I said that plenty of times. I keep pressing him and all his answer were wrong. All the ruled made no sense. Also I thought the game could be broken that way. I only have a couple of shot, didn't wanted to waste one on someone who was lying. If he was lying a trap I didn't wanted to fall for it.

No I agree with you not using it on Day 1, I was just curious as to why you didn't. Thank you. c:

Also, no Turbo yet. Want to hear from Kark's Lover first.

Fat4all

Banned
I'll cut to the chase, then

How do we know that was a cure you just injected him with?

Hell, I'm not even sure what I was injected with, but I trust fran, and you seemed to know about a vaccine before any other person in the game brought it up.

Why is that?

Karkador

Banned
It could be confirmed when the day ends. Maybe it could lower the level.

We could also lynch Fat4all and see if he burns blue

After all, you can't infect a pile of ashes, so it shouldn't get the Araxometer any higher, especially if you just cured him. It's locking in a point against Araxia.

I do have some reservations about what is going on between our supposed Mason pair. But for the moment I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since outside of Kark's second tier gambit we haven't learned that much about the game mechanics at large.

This is entirely new business to consider. Was there's any breadcrumbs from the prior day?

That last bit, about Kark, was sarcasm by the by.

Kalor

Yeah, that's where my guesses are as well. I think you could be cured up until you gain access to the Scum Chat which might be at the same time they could Kill.

It is possible that Scum did try to kill someone last Night but was stopped by a Doctor/Blocker/etc. but until when/how the kills work I'm super sure.

No I agree with you not using it on Day 1, I was just curious as to why you didn't. Thank you. c:

Also, no Turbo yet. Want to hear from Kark's Lover first.

He said "partner to be" recently so it might not be possible to hear from them.

Fat4all

Banned
Hey science doggo, was a cure or vaccine mentioned in your Infected PM at all?

Nope. At level 1 all I had was 'Recovery', which means nothing could kill me but the incinerator.

No kills commands or infect commands as well. My guess is that stuff gets added when you reach level 2.

I wonder if anyone was already level 2 on day one...

franconp

After all, you can't infect a pile of ashes, so it shouldn't get the Araxometer any higher, especially if you just cured him. It's locking in a point against Araxia.

This a new level bullshit. I don't know your game but I don't trust you at all. But we will know after we lynch you.

While flipping Fat4all may give us some insight on what just transpired -- I feel like you would say just about anything to save your own skin.

Sawneeks

Banned
Nope. At level 1 all I had was 'Recovery', which means nothing could kill me but the incinerator.

No kills commands or infect commands as well. My guess is that stuff gets added when you reach level 2.

I wonder if anyone was already level 2 on day one...

Gotcha, thank you.

Lover?

I feel like I'm missing something with the love boat references.

Anyway, I'm actually sick.

Love sick.

That's Level 2. You may now freak the fuck out, happeningbunker.gif

BOOM MUTHAFUCKA WE IN THIS

KARKADOR GAMBIT STAGE 2

I AM 'INFECTED' WITH LOVE

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

and I'm gonna keep on lovin' youuuu

I believe Kark is claiming Lover, or at least that he has 'fallen in love' with someone and was made into a Lover, and is waiting for his other half to confirm.

Lovers are Masons ( secret chat and all ) but if 1 of the pair dies they both end up dying.

Gotcha, thank you.

I believe Kark is claiming Lover, or at least that he has 'fallen in love' with someone and was made into a Lover, and is waiting for his other half to confirm.

Lovers are Masons ( secret chat and all ) but if 1 of the pair dies they both end up dying.

Wait. So supposedly we have a Mason pair and Lovers? It is typically to have one or the another or do both commonly occur in the same game?

franconp

Gotcha, thank you.

It could be another lie to avoid getting lynched. Can we trust him? I say no. He is avoiding answering questions.

Sawneeks

Banned
Wait. So supposedly we have a Mason pair and Lovers? It is typically to have one or the another or do both commonly occur in the same game?

Usually it's only one or the other since it's usually Townies with secret chats who can 100% confirm each other but since we have an Infection mechanic it sort of makes sense having both...?

Not really...but this is a 9 so I can see it being role madness crazy times.....

It also sounds like Kark was turned into a Lover and that he didn't start out that way? I believe there is a role called Cupid that can do that but at the same time I don't see why Kark would outright lie about being a Lover if no one would back him up.

Faddy

Banned
It could be another lie to avoid getting lynched. Can we trust him? I say no. He is avoiding answering questions.

I'm for lynching him but I don't think he is infected. I think you want him lynched for your own ends.

So Kark you need to come up with something that is better than a doctor.

Sawneeks

Banned

Honestly I'm debating lynching him even if the Lover does step forward. There's too much confusion surrounding him that will only stay as the game continues and I'd rather potentially mislynch now while we have the chance than debate later if Kark is scum or not.

I'm for lynching him but I don't think he is infected. I think you want him lynched for your own ends.

?

If you don't think he is Infected why do you want to lynch him?

Faddy

Banned
Honestly I'm debating lynching him even if the Lover does step forward. There's too much confusion surrounding him that will only stay as the game continues and I'd rather potentially mislynch now while we have the chance than debate later if Kark is scum or not.

?

If you don't think he is Infected why do you want to lynch him?

Well he hasn't played a friendly game and our confirmed town doctor is asking us to do it. If kark is a threat to the doctor then it potentially removes a vaccine from the game which could be very important later on.

I'm on franconp's side but I am still willing to listen to what Kark has to say.

franconp

I'm just worried about what is Kark after. I just claimed myself and Kark seems to be after the vaccines or something. So what do you think could happen this night phase?

Usually it's only one or the other since it's usually Townies with secret chats who can 100% confirm each other but since we have an Infection mechanic it sort of makes sense having both...?

Not really...but this is a 9 so I can see it being role madness crazy times.....

It also sounds like Kark was turned into a Lover and that he didn't start out that way? I believe there is a role called Cupid that can do that but at the same time I don't see why Kark would outright lie about being a Lover if no one would back him up.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Well that may be true and all Kark did start the game false claiming infected right out of the gate and I don't think anyone would advise that reasonable strategy. So, certainly he's beyond playing it safe. He has little to lose and any bits of doubt he casts now could save him from being lynched.

I agree. He hasn't created must trust.

Did you and Fat4all breadcrumb your Mason-ness on D1? Considering how rushed I was to catch up on the day it is certainly possible I missed it.

Karkador

Banned
This a new level bullshit. I don't know your game but I don't trust you at all. But we will know after we lynch you.

See, I don't think you'd be making this bet unless you thought you could win it.
Dusk confiming your command has covered you, and you knew it would. Furthermore, Fat4all was practically the perfect accomplice to the act.

But you're using the logic of the game mechanics I made up to back up your claim. For your claim to work, I had to have either literally played against my own win condition (in which case, just cancel the game, I ruined it), or I managed to perfectly guess all of this correctly:

1) The infections are random
2) The Level 1 and Level 2 effects and scum chat things work exactly as I said
3) There are cures in the game and they're called vaccines, despite not following the definition of the word

There's actually nothing you and Fat4all are claiming that I didn't already say, and it was all made up. Even if I was scum, there is no gambit on earth that would justify a scum player giving away 100% perfect information about their role.

Faddy

Banned
I'm just worried about what is Kark after. I just claimed myself and Kark seems to be after the vaccines or something. So what do you think could happen this night phase?

So if Kark steals your vaccine do you think he wins?

If you think he has a win condition that isn't simply letting the infection win then it stands to reason he is a neutral.

And right now if everything you said is true we are down to 1 infected and we can win the game by successfully lynching the infected.

franconp

Hmmm. Interesting.

Well that may be true and all Kark did start the game false claiming infected right out of the gate and I don't think anyone would advise that reasonable strategy. So, certainly he's beyond playing it safe. He has little to lose and any bits of doubt he casts now could save him from being lynched.

I agree. He hasn't created must trust.

Did you and Fat4all breadcrumb your Mason-ness on D1? Considering how rushed I was to catch up on the day it is certainly possible I missed it.

We didn't. What's the point of doing it?

See, I don't think you'd be making this bet unless you thought you could win it.
Dusk confiming your command has covered you, and you knew it would. Furthermore, Fat4all was practically the perfect accomplice to the act.

But you're using the logic of the game mechanics I made up to back up your claim. For your claim to work, I had to have either literally played against my own win condition (in which case, just cancel the game, I ruined it), or I managed to perfectly guess all of this correctly:

1) The infections are random
2) The Level 1 and Level 2 effects and scum chat things work exactly as I said
3) There are cures in the game and they're called vaccines, despite not following the definition of the word

There's actually nothing you and Fat4all are claiming that I didn't already say, and it was all made up. Even if I was scum, there is no gambit on earth that would justify a scum player giving away 100% perfect information about their role.

1) we don't know. How can we know if they are random. Who said that?
2) it's in the flavour of the game.
3) you didn't guess nothing and you have am objetive regarding the vaccines. I'm pretty sure you are a neutral.

Fat4all

Banned
I find it very hard to believe Kark bringing up the vaccine was coincidental.

Also, my infection doesn't confirm whether or not attacks happen randomly, I said it was a possibility since I didn't have any other commands.

So I guess Kark just tripped over all this scum info, eh? Lucky guess?

franconp

So if Kark steals your vaccine do you think he wins?

If you think he has a win condition that isn't simply letting the infection win then it stands to reason he is a neutral.

And right now if everything you said is true we are down to 1 infected and we can win the game by successfully lynching the infected.

Do you know who is the infected? So why don't we lynch Kark before he does what he needs to do and if I'm alive day 3 cure who got infected tonight?

Karkador

Banned
Also I'm not strictly opposed to getting lynched today...all I needed to do today was complete stage 2 of the gambit.

This is actually pretty good. If you guys kill me, I'll flip town and this really scummy claim gets shot down. Besides, I suppose my ashes won't be eligible for infection.

Burbeting

Banned
Science Doggo, how close your claim about Araxoids not being able to be killed is to CCS claim about not being able to be killed? The wording CCS used was:

Screw this, I'm not going to hide like a coward.

I should be director. Why?

Because I'm perfect for it.

Why?

Because I'm town. But that's not enough.

So why?

I am bulletproof. I cannot be infected. According to my role PM, I am immune to Araxia and can heal from death. I can only die in the incinerator (which I assume is lynching).

Who am I?

I am a mutant. I was a scientist, but an experiment went wrong (or right?). I was working with the other scientists to try and make use of my mutation when the quarantine began.

I CAN SAVE YOU. I CAN SAVE YOU ALL. TRUST ME. PLEASE.

Top Bottom