• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Karkador

Banned
Actually, no. Our claim has nothing to do with how you played the early game. If you had said nothing day 1 and I still got infected, fran would of cured me and I would of said exactly the same things.

There's no proof for this

You're the only one to blame for how you played day 1 and how other view you now.

I have no regrets

Melonrabbit, what you found should be what we are discussing today. This karkador stuff is trying, when acohrs blatently calls out an infected target before he reveals himself via vomiting...

Karkador

Banned
I do have some reservations about what is going on between our supposed Mason pair. But for the moment I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since outside of Kark's second tier gambit we haven't learned that much about the game mechanics at large.

This is entirely new business to consider. Was there's any breadcrumbs from the prior day?

That last bit, about Kark, was sarcasm by the by.

Yes, there were

What do we do with Kark then? We need him gone.

Kark is a typical scum red herring today. They know not to target him since town is all huffing over him, with a director Lynch on day 4 (my recommendation on when to kill the three votes).

With kark dying either he is telling the truth (which literally teaches town nothing) or he is scum. If he is scum it's literally one of the most ridiculously dumb day 1 scum moves since "no night Kill" (aka operation surf) a few games ago. If last night was a "no night kill" then...

Putting acohrs to the test (even if we don't Lynch him) gets us information that karkador doesn't if we Insta-Lynch him.

franconp

Kark is a typical scum red herring today. They know not to target him since town is all huffing over him, with a director Lynch on day 4 (my recommendation on when to kill the three votes).

With kark dying either he is telling the truth (which literally teaches town nothing) or he is scum. If he is scum it's literally one of the most ridiculously dumb day 1 scum moves since "no night Kill" (aka operation surf) a few games ago. If last night was a "no night kill" then...

Putting acohrs to the test (even if we don't Lynch him) gets us information that karkador doesn't if we Insta-Lynch him.

You understand the part of the vaccines, right? He knew about the vaccines and he tried to get cured the first day. He have something to do with it. We need him gone or most likely I will be done. And with me the other vaccine.

I realized I didn't complete my thought.

Day 3 makes more sense with karkador, it eliminates weird win conditions (why else would someone want to die day 2) and still gives us options if we learn more.

Acohrs needs to be questioned about how he started sniffing around for someone who we are now all pretty sure was infected and is now cured. It could easily have been a scum reach out so that fat4all could "help" them along today.

Acohrs obviously didn't think that cures (or maybe just day cures) existed in the game.

Letting acohrs go without a kill is asking for araxia to infect someone else.

Karkador

Banned
You understand the part of the vaccines, right? He knew about the vaccines and he tried to get cured the first day. He have something to do with it. We need him gone or most likely I will be done. And with me the other vaccine.

I didn't, and my role flip will prove it. Enjoy digging out of this hole you're desperately burrowing into.

It's a game about a virus that infects and kill, guessing flavor isn't hard... vaccines seems inocuous at best for inclusion.

I honestly think that if scum is a limited team we might just have acohrs dead to rights. And with it potentially a day 2 win, Not even trying to question him today on his very questionable post to fat4all is ludicrous.

Karkador

Banned
Anyway, as for what I wanted to talk about today, it's our Histories.

My History mentions someone I wanted to ask out, but couldn't because of the quarantine. They may or may not know who it is, but I have a feeling they might.

Alas, I didn't become a lover with them, but I share this in the hopes that someone might use it to piece together a part of the story. I have been wondering if there's any kind of visual novel element going on here, where we have intertwining histories somehow.

Whether or not I die doesn't matter really matter, I just wanted this out there, since it's not gonna reveal when my role flips.

franconp

It's a game about a virus that infects and kill, guessing flavor isn't hard... vaccines seems inocuous at best for inclusion.

I honestly think that if scum is a limited team we might just have acohrs dead to rights. And with it potentially a day 2 win, Not even trying to question him today on his very questionable post to fat4all is ludicrous.

Guessing? A vaccine doesn't generally heals, it prevents. If he would have said the cure or the remedy it could pass. But he said the vaccine. That would a really weird and lucky guess. There's no way it's true. We need Kark out if we want to keep the vaccine for day 3.

Karkador

Banned
Guessing? A vaccine doesn't generally heals, it prevents. If he would have said the cure or the remedy it could pass. But he said the vaccine. That would a really weird and lucky guess. There's no way it's true. We need Kark out if we want to keep the vaccine for day 3.

How am I somehow more suspicious for guessing the wrong word?

One more thought, if we have a watcher, they should watch you like a hawk tonight. Your practically a lightning rod now. Scum wants though dead because you actively extend the game in a negative way for them, we would gain information from people that visit you in the night.

That's only if scum got blocked Or chose to surf the first day by... if they truly can't kill until an infected lasts until the nighttime (big BIG assumption, personally Iike the idea they were blocked as no night kill is ridiculous). Then you are clear until tomorrow night anyways as whoever gets infected can just reveal themselves and get cured (or we could just Lynch them instead). Cut the scum team off at the root and break the game completely

My History mentions someone I wanted to ask out, but couldn't because of the quarantine. They may or may not know who it is, but I have a feeling they might.

Alas, I didn't become a lover with them, but I share this in the hopes that someone might use it to piece together a part of the story. I have been wondering if there's any kind of visual novel element going on here, where we have intertwining histories somehow.

Whether or not I die doesn't matter really matter, I just wanted this out there, since it's not gonna reveal when my role flips.

Makes me wonder if our histories don't point toward each other (mine points to x person but x person's history points to a different person y)

I mean this isn't a bad episode of grey's anatomy, did everyone of us sleep with multiple people before getting locked in this room?

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Karkador (4)
Sawneeks (Director) #1085
Natiko #1286

No active vote for Day 2: 11037, acohrs, Burbeting, CCS, exmachina64, Faddy, Fat4all, franconp, Kalor, Karkador, Kawl_USC, Lone_Prodigy, melonrabbit, Ourobolus, Swamped, TheExodu5, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 2 ends:
tur_1485813600.png

Automated vote tally here

Karkador

Banned
Makes me wonder if our histories don't point toward each other (mine points to x person but x person's history points to a different person y)

I mean this isn't a bad episode of grey's anatomy, did everyone of us sleep with multiple people before getting locked in this room?

That's my guess as well

Natiko

Banned
There is only one thing confirmed so far: "INJECT:" was a valid command in the game.

That's it. It doesn't even mean it was a cure.
Yes, but that's a lot more than you have going for you. What do you have to backup that you're town? Why did you lie repeatedly? What did we gain from your supposed fake claim?

So you're not gonna question how fran and fat4all come forward with a story, bringing nothing new to the information table besides what they're picking and choosing from the flurry of false information flying around yesterday?
So we have a two on the araxometer. You think that means we specifically have two scum, both of which made a plan to reveal themselves and spend some sort of power on themselves D2 when they could've just stood by and watched you get lynched? Please Kark explain how that would make any sense. You were fucked regardless of if they even posted this day phase.

Let this post stand for the record. You're gonna have a very hard time explaining this when I'm gone.
Oh and now there's three scum. Hi guys I'm apparently scum now with fran and fat4all. Go ahead and turbo me.

You're right, there will be no direct conflict between my role and what they're claiming. But their entire claim hinges on me being actually being scum and actually having told the truth when I dumped all that 'info' about what Infected do. When my flip proves that premise false, they can coast on a false claim until actual infected flip.

If I guessed the infected rules right, I should be playing the lottery, not mafia.
Their entire claim does not hinge on you being scum. There claim verifies that there's an increased chance that you're scum. If you're an ordinary town as you claim you would not have had any info in relation to the game. It seems increasingly likely that you do.

franconp

One more thought, if we have a watcher, they should watch you like a hawk tonight. Your practically a lightning rod now. Scum wants though dead because you actively extend the game in a negative way for them, we would gain information from people that visit you in the night.

That's only if scum got blocked Or chose to surf the first day by... if they truly can't kill until an infected lasts until the nighttime (big BIG assumption, personally Iike the idea they were blocked as no night kill is ridiculous). Then you are clear until tomorrow night anyways as whoever gets infected can just reveal themselves and get cured (or we could just Lynch them instead). Cut the scum team off at the root and break the game completely

That would work if Kark is scum. If he really is neutral as I feel he is it doesn't work. He maybe can kill, maybe he can steal. We can't be sure.

I need to live with my vaccine so I can cure the new infected tomorrow. That way we keep the infection to a minimum. I don't think I can if Kark is still around.

Karkador

Banned
Yes, but that's a lot more than you have going for you. What do you have to backup that you're town? Why did you lie repeatedly? What did we gain from your supposed fake claim?

What does anybody have to backup that they're town?

So we have a two on the araxometer. You think that means we specifically have two scum, both of which made a plan to reveal themselves and spend some sort of power on themselves D2 when they could've just stood by and watched you get lynched? Please Kark explain how that would make any sense. You were fucked regardless of if they even posted this day phase.

They are buying time with the value of having "shots" of a "cure".

Oh and now there's three scum. Hi guys I'm apparently scum now with fran and fat4all. Go ahead and turbo me.

What happened to Day 1 Natiko? I'd prefer you press them on a flimsy claim

Their entire claim does not hinge on you being scum. There claim verifies that there's an increased chance that you're scum. If you're an ordinary town as you claim you would not have had any info in relation to the game. It seems increasingly likely that you do.

I just finished telling you this, but their claim ONLY verifies one thing: a "INJECT:" command. That says absolutely nothing about me. Nothing else they're claiming about any terminology is proven whatsoever.

You three are really trying to stress this flimsy point about me using the word "vaccinated", and claiming it's a real game term, but casually ignoring that I never said anything about an injection, the actual keyword that actually proved to do something.

Karkador

Banned
That would work if Kark is scum. If he really is neutral as I feel he is it doesn't work. He maybe can kill, maybe he can steal. We can't be sure.

I need to live with my vaccine so I can cure the new infected tomorrow. That way we keep the infection to a minimum. I don't think I can if Kark is still around.

Is the game is unwinnable if we lynch you?

Natiko

Banned
What does anybody have to backup that they're town?
Well a claim followed by a mod verified action looks better than a claim followed by stumbling and scrambling and claiming everyone is going to look so bad when they lynch the person that claimed Infected.

They are buying time with the value of having "shots" of a "cure".
Why would they need to buy time? They could sit back as we lynch town according to you. They wouldn't need to do anything to remain safe.

What happened to Day 1 Natiko? I'd prefer you press them on a flimsy claim
The only way them being scum even lines up is if franconp is the D1 scum, he infects fat4all at night, and then today he uses his power on him which presumably at that point I can only guess would mean it maybe bumps him to level 2 instantly? Again though, why would they do this when they could have just done nothing. In fact, it would have made much more sense if they're scum in this situation for franconp to wait until someone on his team gets confirmed scum and then go "Oh I'm a doctor look I can cure him". That would be ACTUALLY buying time. This doesn't get them anything they wouldn't have got by just staying quiet. No one was going to turn around and lynch fat4all or franconp today. They had no real suspicion on them.

I just finished telling you this, but their claim ONLY verifies one thing: a "INJECT:" command. That says absolutely nothing about me. Nothing else they're claiming about any terminology is proven whatsoever.
See above regarding how they gain nothing by publicly drawing attention to themselves when you're almost certainly being lynched today.

You three are really trying to stress this flimsy point about me using the word "vaccinated", and claiming it's a real game term, but casually ignoring that I never said anything about an injection, the actual keyword that actually proved to do something.
I've been saying from the start everything you've ever uttered about cures was odd. Why were you so confident early on that there would be cures if you're just a normal townie? Why try and draw attention to yourself knowing it could cause town to waste PRs on you when you're apparently fine? If you're town then you've done us all a disservice.

Kawl_USC

Drunk board game bjhht.

Interesting developments

Kark be less of a duck dude

No world in which Fran and fat moves make sense as a scum gambit

More coherence thoughts tomorrow

Karkador

Banned
If I choose to believe you then I wonder if Exodu5 would have the same role as you, and if his history mentions you too. Of course, I'm not gonna speculate further and I'll wait for Exodu5 to chime in.

No idea, but for whatever it's worth, Exodu5 offered almost no pushback against me yesterday. I don't assume his role is the same (since ability and history are distinctly separate categories on the role), but he might have had something about me there.

The history is the main thing I really wanted to get out, because that wasn't gonna show with the flip and I was thinking about playing combatively. That's why I looked for a way to breadcrumb it early.

Karkador

Banned
Maybe I'm just lost in all your claims. So far you have claimed Infected, Ordinary town, lovers and Doctor.

What did I missed?

Top Bottom