• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Cystm

SalsaShark said:
you've just been Carmack'd

ibqpzPRosKNtOw.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Grinchy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
this looks kinda lame. invisible bullets out of the gun?
I go to a shooting range every now and then with a friend of mine.

We both love how we can watch the bullets travel out of our guns.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Grinchy said:
I go to a shooting range every now and then with a friend of mine.

We both love how we can watch the bullets travel out of our guns.

but.. but.. but.. the tracers! where are they?!

Gattsu25 said:
Thanks, mateWhy the hell are you expecting to see the individual pellets? Are you purposefully being daft?

I seem to recall individual nails being rendered in Quake 1 back in the day.

But yes, shotgun is not the gun to be discussing such things about.

Poimandres said:
I seem to recall individual nails being rendered in Quake 1 back in the day.

But yes, shotgun is not the gun to be discussing such things about.

Not to mention, soundless gifs do no justice without a meaty id BOOM-KERCHIK.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh, guess i just like how bioshock does things better. there's no fire animation or anything coming out of the gun. here is a shotgun in real life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJcn1DnTVU

the rage gif above looks like he's working with a fucking air pellet gun. but whatever
did you ever play Max Payne? that did the pellets, but then it also gave you super slow motion powers to see them. i don't know that, even at a mighty sixty frames per second, that you'd really be able to see the pellets shoot out of the gun.

plagiarize said:
did you ever play Max Payne? that did the pellets, but then it also gave you super slow motion powers to see them. i don't know that, even at a mighty sixty frames per second, that you'd really be able to see the pellets shoot out of the gun.

i guess my issue isn't necessarily with seeing the bullet but having SOMETHING coming out of the gun (look at how the real shotgun lets out a fire burst vs. the one in Rage to see the difference)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh, guess i just like how bioshock does things better. there's no fire animation or anything coming out of the gun.

I love Bioshock as much as the next man, probably more, but I'm pretty confident Rage will easily trump its gunplay.

Maybe the shotty could use a little more flash, but if I'm being swarmed with enemies I'll take clean functionality any day of the week!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i guess my issue isn't necessarily with seeing the bullet but having SOMETHING coming out of the gun (look at how the real shotgun lets out a fire burst vs. the one in Rage to see the difference)

Having shot shotguns for many years, you often don't see any "fire burst" come out of them. Most give off nothing more than a big blast of smoke. Once in a great while you will see a hint of orange when I fire my 12 guage

kevm3

jfkgoblue said:
game looks badass... still trying to decide between PC Version and 360 version, the game will look so much better on my laptop, but I just prefer playing games on a console for some reason

Get the game on PC, HDMI out to your TV and use a 360 controller.

D6AMIA6N

This game looks sick, but I seriously don't know if it is worth $60 especially considering the competition during October (Forza, Battlefield, Dark Souls, Batman AA). 15 or so hours and some basic multiplayer? Kind of disappointing. I want to play it so bad, but damn, those other games appear to be a much better value; long SP campaigns, tons of MP stuff, etc. Am I missing something?

D6AMIA6N said:
This game looks sick, but I seriously don't know if it is worth $60 especially considering the competition during October (Forza, Battlefield, Dark Souls, Batman AA). 15 or so hours and some basic multiplayer? Kind of disappointing.

Don't forget the co-op!

Also, does anyone actually pay $60 for games? I'm in Australia where games can retail for up to $120 and even I haven't payed the "full" $60 for a game in a long while...

I love this gif, awesome animation on the bad guy. I wish there was a demo of Rage. I really want to see how it runs on my e8400 and 285gtx. It will probably kill both.

Poimandres said:
Don't forget the co-op!

Also, does anyone actually pay $60 for games? I'm in Australia where games can retail for up to $120 and even I haven't payed the "full" $60 for a game in a long while...

Especially if you're considering the PC version. Some great steam key sites out there.

IntKeys, for one.

I've been pretty down on this game for the last few months cos of the scaling back of graphics, gimped PC visual options, etc.

But I find myself becoming more excited now. I hope it will surprise me and make up for all of the bad news about it.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is this site legit? why is it cheap

It's as legit as any other professional site dealing in Steam/Origina/GFWL keys. You've got to read the fine print on certain titles - a friend picked up CODBLOPS from CDkeyshere and didn't read it was the Russian digital version (most of these sites operate out of Eastern Europe, hence the lowered price), but a lot of GAFfers use sites like this, Greenmangaming etc.

It's a godsend for Australians, that's for sure.

Pylon_Trooper said:
It's as legit as any other professional site dealing in Steam/Origina/GFWL keys. You've got to read the fine print on certain titles - a friend picked up CODBLOPS from CDkeyshere and didn't read it was the Russian digital version (most of these sites operate out of Eastern Europe, hence the lowered price), but a lot of GAFfers use sites like this, Greenmangaming etc.

It's a godsend for Australians, that's for sure.

It seems that $34.99 is the sweet spot for new PC releases. At that price, who could refuse?!

Poimandres said:
It seems that $34.99 is the sweet spot for new PC releases. At that price, who could refuse?!

Absolutely!

I will add that, in the case of the CODBLOPS mishap, a quick email rectified the situation with a refund - and he picked up a key for Space Marine for a mere 27USD, which was fine. The operators of these sites have already made the outlay, so their revenue stream revolves around legitimacy and effectiveness, as the competition with Direct Download outfits is fierce enough as it is without jamming up an enterprise with lousy customer service and fast-spreading bad word of mouth.

Gvaz said:
The reason is Russia is poor as fuck

Another reason to buy. Do 'em a favour.

garath

I'm greedy. I want more footage.

I've seen the number 15 hours tossed around for length. Is that pretty accurate? Anything under 15 hours is generally too short for me to want to pay $50 for. Rage MAY be the exception but I'd still like some length. 20 hours is a sweet spot imo. 10 is just plain too short.

DaBuddaDa

voltron said:
When can we expect reviews? Pretty keen to see some numbers (and text ;))
Sometime between 12:00am the Monday before through 12:00pm release day Tuesday is the fairly standard embargo time.

A guy on gamefaqs got it early, but his impressions are borderline unintelligible. He seems to like it though. He complained about the texture load times, but said the combat was fun and the 'windstick' (I think) was really fun to use.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I think I'm going to get this...but RedBox has it too....Choices choices. DarkSouls is gonna eat up a ton of my time but still.

pakkit

Banned
canadian crowe said:
A guy on gamefaqs got it early, but his impressions are borderline unintelligible. He seems to like it though. He complained about the texture load times, but said the combat was fun and the 'windstick' (I think) was really fun to use.
You weren't lying. Still, got some useful information.

He said texture pop-in exists even after the 20 GB install, but that the graphics are still excellent. He said it's noticable when you quick turn (which is something Carmack said too). Exploration is rewarded (derp). The enemy variety is great to the gameplay, AI seems strong. He did complain about one group being pretty dumb, but they're the enemy clan that id themselves describe as lacking in combat.

garath

Anyone post the Gamespot interview with Matt Hooper and Jason Kim?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/r...hooper-and-jason-kim?tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Something that caught my eye was:

GSA: Concerning Rage's modes, do you see more people playing the single-player more than the multiplayer, or the other way around?

MH: Our goal is to create a lengthy campaign, probably about 15 hours. But for a shooter, that time count is significant because most shooters are eight hours or less. If you do the game's side quests, that adds up to 20 to 25 hours.

That makes me feel good. 15 hours of main campaign with another 5-10 hours of side quests. Now that's a length I can get behind with my $50.

Another Q&A from QuakeCon with Tim Willits

This Q&A was pretty good. Couple of highlights from that:

- 360 controller on PC
- Autosave and manual save

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
what? what! NO!!

october 7th??!

GAaaaaaaaah, why god why... I was planing on playing RAGE for like 3 days straight and then jump into dark souls the 7th...

Just shoot me now.

Salsa

Corky said:
what? what! NO!!

october 7th??!

GAaaaaaaaah, why god why... I was planing on playing RAGE for like 3 days straight and then jump into dark souls the 7th...

Just shoot me now.

Steam games have been known to unlock for me with the European date even though im in South America..

If this game doesnt unlock for me on the 4th im gonna go on a killing spree

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
SalsaShark said:
If this game doesnt unlock for me on the 4th im gonna go on a killing spree

:(((((((((( Its not, just checked my eu store and it says 7th....

APOCALYPSE INITIATED!

Top Bottom