• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

FINALBOSS said:
Is anyone even going to play Rage's MP? Driving? Fuck that.

Yeah, the car combat mp doesn't interest me at all but the co-op missions should be fun for a short while.

Def looking forward to this game though. Have it pre-ordered and am good to go.

Grayman

randomwab said:
I really don't know whether to get this on PC or 360. I keep changing my mind every few days. Fuck, what to do?!
PC, use the 360 controller if you want or only for driving and go back to mouse for on foot. Unless you want to play coop with your best friend in the world who only has a 360, if that is the case you should get your friend a PC then buy Rage.

Derrick01

Banned
randomwab said:
I really don't know whether to get this on PC or 360. I keep changing my mind every few days. Fuck, what to do?!

PC. Why are you even debating that with yourself? It's a very simple question.

I've got a Rage code for an avatar t-shirt.

I don't necessarily want to give it to the first come first serve, but I'm not sure it will attract that many.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't even realize there was MP racing until recently. Will try it out, but I don't care about it yet. In fact, now that I've ordered Dark Souls, I might have to hold off on this game altogether :(

I am really hyped to try it out though.

jediyoshi

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i guess my issue isn't necessarily with seeing the bullet but having SOMETHING coming out of the gun (look at how the real shotgun lets out a fire burst vs. the one in Rage to see the difference)

99% of shooters are now flawed.

FrankT

NateDrake said:

Disc 1 -- 7.7GB

Disc 2 -- 7.4GB

Disc 3 -- 6.7GB

No there is at least a gig-1.5 left in all there. 7.7 is larger than the 7.5 on Gears, but not sure where the cap is 100%. 7.7 might be it, but was thinking 7.8 if DF was correct. It was 6.8 before iirc and they said originally they were freeing up 1gig.

Edit; 2nd Largest 360 game to date though.

Hmmm ... Game have the normal version for £29.99 or the collectors pack for .... £29.99. Well that was a difficult choice ...

*preorders collectors pack*

Salsa

DarkChild said:
Carmack says, all platforms have the same textures.

Weird, he made some statements that were kinda different regarding that. At least in the size of the textures.

Still, seems like the main problem is how fast textures pop up again once you turn around and whatnot, wich wont be an issue on the PC version considering its based on memory cache.

You know what my only concern is at the moment? difficulty. I hope the game has a difficulty setting, i want to play this on impossible badass motherfucker.

Any word on which of the two console versions is the one to buy?

Would prefer to not have to swap discs if I can avoid it, but not if the PS3 version looks/runs like shit.

FrankT

LowEndTorque said:
Any word on which of the two console versions is the one to buy?

Would prefer to not have to swap discs if I can avoid it, but not if the PS3 version looks/runs like shit.

Not until proper comparisons are made next week.

DryvBy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh, guess i just like how bioshock does things better. there's no fire animation or anything coming out of the gun. here is a shotgun in real life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJcn1DnTVU

the rage gif above looks like he's working with a fucking air pellet gun. but whatever

Beating a dead horse, but I just recently had fun shooting a real 12-gauge and after unloading about a dozen shells into whatever I was shooting at. Maybe I was just deafened by the sound, and paying attention to what I was shooting, but outside of smoke, I never saw anything leave the gun and I was shooting far away.

Good ol' Norcal!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Review copy came today. =)

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
~Kinggi~ said:
Ah yes, gameplay depth, the secret sauce that might make this surprisingly awesome. Up until now a lot of the hype has surrounded graphics and a racing mechanic.

And that just secured a purchase.

Maffis

GeoramA said:
Glad they're trying something different. You can get your arena deathmatch fix from a million other games.

This game would've been sweet with fps-multiplayer too if it still was in 60 fps of course.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can't talk about any details of the game. I can say I'm playing it on 360.

DarkChild said:
Would you break NDA if you said what version you have for review and if it looks as good as everyone was saying? :)

I'm not going to comment on the version I'm playing now, but I played this back at E3 and PAX, and it looked phenomenal on both 360 and PS3. :)

Definity

I need to start pre-loading this thing so I can actually play it on release day. When does steam usually start pre-loads?

Solo

The fact that anyone doubted gameplay of all things in an id game has me shaking my head. Say what you will about them, these dudes do shooting/gunplay and mechanics better than anyone.

DarkChild

Banned
Dacvak said:
I can't talk about any details of the game. I can say I'm playing it on 360.

I'm not going to comment on the version I'm playing now, but I played this back at E3 and PAX, and it looked phenomenal on both 360 and PS3. :)
Ok, thanks, waiting for that review :) Is embargo lifted on 4th?

Dacvak

EvilDick34 said:
Do you or anyone else know when review embargo is up?
Tuesday at 12:01am. I believe that someone has allowance to post their review on Monday - not sure who, though.

DaBuddaDa

Dacvak said:
Tuesday at 12:01am. I believe that someone has allowance to post their review on Monday - not sure who, though.
IGN has had a lot of exclusive lead-up content/previews the past two days. I bet it's them.

Salsa

Also i should clarify jic: the Mega Textures thing never meant that the textures are gonna be MINDBLOWING in terms of quality. Of course if you put your face 1 milimiter away from them they're gonna look blurry. Mega texture technology is basically clip mapping for textures. Its just one big ass texture instead of tiny ones, and it kinda just means that the game will run and look great on lower-end system since it requires much, much less specs, yet it'll look high-end. So its basically another thing to add to the constant framerate and flow they are trying to achieve.

This was already used in Enemy Territory though, but they expanded it for RAGE (and supposedly Doom 4) and now textures can measure up to 128000×128000 pixels.

Top Bottom