• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Deadbeat

Banned
keit4 said:
So, the 360 version is the way to go?
Id say so. They focused on building this game for controller support and it was made for consoles first, so Id say going with the 360 is the safest bet. I mean how many multiplatform games exist out there where the 360 version is the worst of the 2/3/4? platforms the game is on? Very few.

FrankT

So which game to play first RAGE or Dark Souls. May have to flip a coin. Have a feeling if I put oin DS first it will be quite sometime before I take it out heh.

Man

Jtyettis said:
So which game to play first RAGE or Dark Souls. May have to flip a coin. Have a feeling if I put oin DS first it will be quite sometime before I take it out heh.
You will finish Rage faster.
On the other hand, going from 60fps to 30fps might not be the best.

DaBuddaDa

Go with whichever control method you're most comfortable with, be it kb/m, xbox controller or dual shock 3. That will affect your gaming experience tenfold more than any indistinguishable graphical fiddle-faddles. They all run at 60 fps.

DaBuddaDa said:
Go with whichever control method you're most comfortable with, be it kb/m, xbox controller or dual shock 3. That will affect your gaming experience tenfold more than any indistinguishable graphical fiddle-faddles. They all run at 60 fps.
This sounds reasonable.

Dyno

What's the 360 install? Comparable with other titles? I read in an earlier thread that the 360 install was huge, like 20+gb. Is that not the case?

DaBuddaDa

Dyno said:
What's the 360 install? Comparable with other titles? I read in an earlier thread that the 360 install was huge, like 20+gb. Is that not the case?
It is ~22GB, but you can install one disc, play through it, uninstall it, install the second disc and continue playing, so you'll only have ~11GB installed at any given time.

Gravijah

oh damn, so soon? guess i'll be renting the ps3 version after i finish up ico/sotc. need dat id gunplay.

edit: people saying "go with the 360 version over the pc version": why not just use the 360 gamepad on the pc?

aeolist

Banned
The whole point of the engine is identical content and 60fps across all platforms

PC will be higher res with better controls and faster loads, that's about it

Wallach

Man, somehow it's hard to believe this game is almost out. Feels like we've been waiting for so long.

I still can't get over the animation. It's so fucking good to look at, this game.

This will be me on release day

untitled-2050rb.gif

kamspy

Deadbeat said:
Id say so. They focused on building this game for controller support and it was made for consoles first, so Id say going with the 360 is the safest bet. I mean how many multiplatform games exist out there where the 360 version is the worst of the 2/3/4? platforms the game is on? Very few.

Are you really here to troll the PC version of an id game?

Salsa

Deadbeat said:
Out of all the games to buy to support PC game development, you pick the console port? This game isnt even getting proper settings in the menu. There is no respect for the PC platform here.

You are making judgements on a PC version of a game by John fuckin Carmack.

He made a 2 hour long speech saying how they needed to break into the console platform, i respect that, he's right, they wanna sell well and it makes sense. They said the PC version was a port, and that the game would be better vissually/performance-wise/etc if it wasa PC exclusive since the beggining. Does this mean the PC version is gonna be some kind of crappy bad controls console port? fuck no. He specifically said that the PC version was still about 10 times better, regarding every aspect. And he said it as something he didnt needed to clarify, he thought people would asume that, because you know, he's fuckin John Carmack.

Im not a selfish master race prick, i do 99 percent of my gaming on a PC and i love every bit of it, but Id can do whatever they want and as long as i can play a good PC game by them, im fine with whatever decisions they make. This means more people get to play the game, and with groundbreaking technologies on their system no less. There's a TON of PC game these days that are console ports yet you barely notice. The term being related to something like "INSTANT FAILURE ITS GONNA BE CRAP" is a big mistake.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll probably get it for PS3 over PC so I can use a controller and play it on my TV.

Anyways, I didn't realize this was out so soon. It looks pretty good but I'll probably have to wait for a holiday sale since October and November are already too busy.

Kuno

Is there a 60fps gameplay video anywhere? All the ones I've seen are at 30fps.

I'm really hyped for this game, and a big reason is the smooth framerate.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
aeolist said:
The whole point of the engine is identical content and 60fps across all platforms

PC will be higher res with better controls and faster loads, that's about it

actually in the interview i posted earlier in the thread, Tim said PC's with good GPU's will get much more detail in distance textures as well.

legbone

Kuno said:

there was one in one of the hype threads. i think it was the most recent one prior to this ot. you might be able to google it. it was the only 60 fps video i have seen of this game.

Salsa

codhand said:
JC actually said that the PC is 10 times more powerful than the console, not that Rage is 10x better on PC.

well mh, of course its not 10 times better, the game itself isnt better, but as far as what the best version is, PC is more than clearly the best. That's all i need for wanting to get the PC version of a game, port or not.

epmode

jaekwon15 said:
Did you just spoil a scene from this week's Breaking Bad? WTF. Thanks, you ass.
Some jackass does this every week. Total internet shutdown until you've seen the episode IMO.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Kuno said:

Interestingly enough, I did run across a 60 fps trailer on a gaming related site (possibly Eurogamer). It was simply an ad for the game, but that ad was running at 60 fps. Very cool.

Derrick01

Banned
SalsaShark said:
well mh, of course its not 10 times better, the game itself isnt better, but as far as what the best version is, PC is more than clearly the best. That's all i need for wanting to get the PC version of a game, port or not.

Seriously people the PC version of any game will always be the best, we have to go through this for every new game it seems. The only time it's not is when you get an all time bad port like Saints Row 2 which rarely happens.

Derrick01 said:
Seriously people the PC version of any game will always be the best, we have to go through this for every new game it seems. The only time it's not is when you get an all time bad port like Saints Row 2 which rarely happens.
it's nonsense like people saying it was designed for 'consoles first' or inaccurately calling multiplatform games 'console ports' that gives a lot of PC versions bad names. so many PC versions which are the best version of a good game get flack for minor minor things like 'Press Start to play' and menus you can't use a mouse on.

the is a PC game designed by ID. if it's 'as bad as' the PC version of Crysis 2... fucking awesome. Crysis 2 was optimised up the wazoo and looked and ran awesome on PCs. if Rage is 'as bad as' that... i'm all in.

DaBuddaDa

How about we wait for the game to come out and play it and read impressions and reviews before passing judgements on the quality of each version instead of aimless speculation on something none of us have played.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Digital Foundry analysis of this game on the consoles. Just curious to see how it turned out after all this time.

My interest in the game is quite limited, but if it really got rave reviews I'd consider it. Just too much other amazing stuff to play this fall.

Gvaz

Banned
Deadbeat said:
How many PC/360/PS3 released games are the worst on the PC? Other than the Saboteur.

Dyno

DaBuddaDa said:
It is ~22GB, but you can install one disc, play through it, uninstall it, install the second disc and continue playing, so you'll only have ~11GB installed at any given time.

Hmm... Interesting.... Thanks for the tip! I still have the launch 20gb X-Box so I was going to have to get the PS3 version no matter what. If the 360 version is noticeably better then at least I have that option. Still, I'll wait until the day of and get those comparisons.

Top Bottom