• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

garath

I wonder how the PC UI is going to compare to the console. The only footage I can find right now shows the console selection of weapons (the two dials for right and left sticks).

MonkeyKnuckle said:
We got an hour with this at GAMEfest in the UK the other week, wrote up a little preview if you're bored. :)

http://mkgaming.com/xbox360/previews/hands-on-rage/

From what we played it's going to be a fantastic game.

Nice preview! The only quibble I have with it is where you talk about the co-op. It's a little misleading talking about story co-op. It reads like there is full storyline co-op where it's only select missions separate from the main storyline.

Good read though :)

Suairyu

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
What is the word on the texture pack? I know people sad it'd be like 75gb but I don't give a fuck.

If there is any chance of it coming I will wait to play it that way.
Carmack mused that it will probably be only for one area as an experiment. Make no mistake, RAGE as released is by and large the best it will look. Anything released after the fact will be experimental, not intended to definitively be an upgrade.

Mrbob

Effect said:
Is the lack of hype and OMG reaction to this game something to worry about?

Rage is going up against Dark Souls on October 4. Tough to win that battle.

I'll still pick it up, but might not be day one.

DaBuddaDa

Mrbob said:
Rage is going up against Dark Souls on October 4. Tough to win that battle.
Why will it be tough for a id-made first person shooter to beat the spiritual sequel to a game that only sold a bit over 500k in the US?

Mrbob

Hah, I forgot I got in on a newegg deal for $42.99 for the pc version. I will be getting this on day one!

DaBuddaDa said:
Why will it be tough for a id-made first person shooter to beat the spiritual sequel to a game that only sold a bit over 500k in the US?

It was a joke response to a weird question to ask. :p Though Dark Souls is going to be taking up a lot of my time. Bart Scott can'twait.gif

Salsa

garath said:
The only quibble I have with it is where you talk about the co-op. It's a little misleading talking about story co-op. It reads like there is full storyline co-op where it's only select missions separate from the main storyline.

I like the way they supposedly implement co-op. Apparently you hear legends from NPCs about the wasteland during your SP playthrough, and you can play those same legends/tales in co-op mode.

Xander51

Fallout-NL said:
It's only 7 pages, and it should be way longer considering the pedigree.

To be fair, the pedigree regards a developer whose last major release was 7 years ago and rather contentious among hardcore gamers. Now, I loved Doom 3, and I love many id games, but it's also easy for me to see why modern gamers might be skeptical of Rage.

Do we have any idea of how long the game takes to complete?

Sullichin

garath said:
Livestream!

I'm watching the archive first. He just finished putting it in and is choosing difficulty.

Easy/normal/Hard/Nightmare

I know what mode I'm playing on :)

Just seeing that they're using the word nightmare makes me happy. I'm expecting some ultra satisfying gunplay with this game. Doom 3 was fucking awesome, die haters etc

garath

rofl. He dies in about 3 minutes worth of playing and he ended up starting over completely! lol

I don't even know why I'm watching this. We're days away and I'm ruining it for myself. But such a strong temptation......

Xander51 said:
To be fair, the pedigree regards a developer whose last major release was 7 years ago and rather contentious among hardcore gamers. Now, I loved Doom 3, and I love many id games, but it's also easy for me to see why modern gamers might be skeptical of Rage.

Do we have any idea of how long the game takes to complete?

20-25 hours if you do everything. 15 for just main storyline stuff.

OMG. He goes flying off the ATV when he slammed into a wall. Hilarious!

Definity

Part 2 of that recorded video is seriously on the 360? Really impressive looking at the draw distance and taking into account how fast the buggy is moving. Things looks so smooth.

FrankT

60fps with these visuals really is something that has not been done this gen. Props to that whole team. Going to be jarring switching to this and 30fps games from here on out.

DarkChild

Banned
Jtyettis said:
60fps with these visuals really is something that has not been done this gen. Props to that whole team. Going to be jarring switching to this and 30fps games from here on out.
Yea, I really think this is just top...And man...he says he DIDN'T install disks, there wasn't any noticeable pop ins, great! :)

I thought it will be really bad, but, great news!

megalowho

I've been burnt out on FPS games for a while and don't enjoy them like I used to, so I will wait for reviews to be sure. But this seems way more cohesive and fun than what I was expecting from previews. It's so smooth, and the story seems interesting enough. Cautiously hyped.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Jtyettis said:
I want to buy this on console just to support the effort.

Grinchy

Banned
Suairyu said:
Carmack mused that it will probably be only for one area as an experiment. Make no mistake, RAGE as released is by and large the best it will look. Anything released after the fact will be experimental, not intended to definitively be an upgrade.
I will be their guinea pig. I have plenty of HDD space.

LQX

Man, it reminds me some of Borderlands, especially when he started using that sniper rifle.

gcubed

LQX said:
Man, it reminds me some of Borderlands, especially when he started using that sniper rifle.

but borderlands was an infinitely better game with co-op then by yourself. I wish this had full co-op

NullPointer said:
splain, Lucy?

* Lame revival mechanic.
* Terrible animations!
* Weapons disappear. lol. In this day and age.
* How isnt this doom 3 with colors?
* How isnt this a game of random shooting? I don't get what's happening at all.

And so on...

NBtoaster

Fratkabula said:
* Lame revival mechanic.

And so on...

Revival? In single player? Explain more.

Salsa

Fratkabula said:
* Lame revival mechanic.

And so on...

I dont get what's happening either

these are.. the lamest cons ive heard in a long time. Could you be more specific?

forrest

formerly nacire
Well shit, I got to see the second recorded stream before it was made private just like the first one. I'm guessing someone isn't happy with them making these videos public.

Top Bottom