• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Truant

Fratkabula said:
* Lame revival mechanic.
* Terrible animations!
* Weapons disappear. lol. In this day and age.
* How isnt this doom 3 with colors?
* How isnt this a game of random shooting? I don't get what's happening at all.

And so on...

This reads like a mix between a gaf post and some weird scam email.

Fratkabula said:
Alright, alright I'll stop. But 60$ for this? Please. This game just feels lazily made.
It would help others understand more if you went into more detail, right now you sound like a angry gamefaqs troll. No offense to gamefaqs but that's what I see there most the time.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Because of dark souls and several other rpgs I'm going hold off until this until the holiday steam sale (like DE HR and RO2) looking really awesome from what I'm seeing though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fratkabula said:
Alright, alright I'll stop. But 60$ for this? Please. This game just feels lazily made.

LOL what

I'd love to hear how a game that took id 5 years to make, has mega textures on EVERY SURFACE and runs at 60fps on both 360 and PS3 is lazily made.

Lafiel said:
Because of dark souls and several other rpgs I'm going hold off until this until the holiday steam sale (like DE HR and RO2) looking really awesome from what I'm seeing though.
I'm actually doing the opposite. I'm going to put Dark Souls on hold and pick it up later. No way I'm delaying on picking up an id game.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Fratkabula said:

Wait what, I genuinely thought you played it with the way you were criticizing it, have...have you even played it? And no I'm not trying to be funny, did you actually play it?

Wallach

thetrin said:
LOL what

I'd love to hear how a game that took id 5 years to make, has mega textures on EVERY SURFACE and runs at 60fps on both 360 and PS3 is lazily made.

You can't fill up bars and level up. In this day and age? Please.

garath

Fratkabula said:
* Lame revival mechanic.
* Terrible animations!

And so on...

Revival mechanic is mildly interesting. It fits with the story. I really don't see how you can say the animations are bad.

Your final two points aren't really points so I can't talk to them.

Fratkabula said:

Lazily made? oh jeez.

nacire said:
Well shit, I got to see the second recorded stream before it was made private just like the first one. I'm guessing someone isn't happy with them making these videos public.

Damn. Well at least I got to watch some of the first one. Will just have to continue waiting patiently. From what I saw of part 1, I am very happy about my decision to pre-order.

garath said:
Livestream!

I'm watching the archive first. He just finished putting it in and is choosing difficulty.

Easy/normal/Hard/Nightmare

I know what mode I'm playing on :)
Who is this guy in the livestream? "How do you reload?" Hmm...

CoilShot

garath said:
Livestream!

I'm watching the archive first. He just finished putting it in and is choosing difficulty.

Easy/normal/Hard/Nightmare

I know what mode I'm playing on :)

I will probably play on Nightmare after I beat it on Hard first.

Effect

SalsaShark said:
what lack of hype? this thread is 13 pages long and the game hasnt been released

I just expected more reception considering who is behind the game. Same for hype considering who the publisher is.

TrojanBlade said:
what is the resolution on the consoles? Is it 720p or subHD?

720 but it supports dynamic resolution, so it may be lower than that for a few frames here and there based on the amount of stuff onscreen. I don't think the fluctuation is supposed to be visible.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Effect said:
I just expected more reception considering who is behind the game. Same for hype considering who the publisher is.
Why should people be hyped by the publisher? I never understood this.

Fratkabula said:

Fucking ignorant juniors.
get-out-gif.gif

thetrin

Solo said:
Carmack making everyone his bitch like its 1994

And he doesn't even need to fake his own death to do it.

pakkit

Banned
Effect said:
id's been out of the spotlight for a long time. DOOM 3 hasn't been remembered fondly, even though it was a pretty great game. Bethesda's publishing has been tarnished by Brink's lackluster release.

thetrin

Genesis Knight said:
He had to mean developer. Fuck Bethesda, all hail based iD\Carmack.
If publishers did more than set development schedules, print manuals and market the product, maybe I'd give a fuck who was publishing the game.

Effect

thetrin said:
Why should people be hyped by the publisher? I never understood this.

What I mean is based on the publisher I would expect a certain level of hype to be generated by them leading up to the product they are wishing to sell going on sale. Yes they have Skyrim coming out but that is an RPG. I expect them to go all out pushing that as well. Here we have what seems to be a great FPS, from a great pedigree as far as developers are concerned, that is unique enough to separate itself from the Battlefield 3 and CoD: MW3 pissing match that is going on yet I find it strange they aren't trying to put the spotlight on it. At least not in any way that I can really see.

thetrin said:
If publishers did more than set development schedules, print manuals and market the product, maybe I'd give a fuck who was publishing the game.

I was agreeing with you.

But publishers can very much screw over a game by pushing the dev to get it out the door before it's fully baked.

Effect said:
What I mean is based on the publisher I would expect a certain level of hype to be generated by them leading up to the product they are wishing to sell going on sale. Yes they have Skyrim coming out but that is an RPG. I expected them to go all out pushing that as well. Here we have what seems to be a great FPS, from a great pedigree, that is unique enough to separate itself from Battlefield 3 and CoD: MW3 pissing match that is going on yet I find it strange they aren't trying to put the spotlight on it. At least not in any way that I can really see.

Oh yeah, I see what you're saying. You were saying "where's Bethesda's hype?!" I agree with you there - goddamn, they couldn't even roll out 60FPS footage.

thetrin

Genesis Knight said:
I was agreeing with you.

But publishers can very much screw over a game by pushing the dev to get it out the door before it's fully baked.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. ;)

Ricker

Fratkabula said:
* Lame revival mechanic.
* Terrible animations!

And so on...

You kind of lost me on terrible animations...animations look awesome to me in this,remembering that spider kick the AI does in one of the earlier videos for example,anyway...

thetrin

Effect said:
What I mean is based on the publisher I would expect a certain level of hype to be generated by them leading up to the product they are wishing to sell going on sale. Yes they have Skyrim coming out but that is an RPG. I expect them to go all out pushing that as well. Here we have what seems to be a great FPS, from a great pedigree as far as developers are concerned, that is unique enough to separate itself from Battlefield 3 and CoD: MW3 pissing match that is going on yet I find it strange they aren't trying to put the spotlight on it. At least not in any way that I can really see.
Ah, you were commenting on Bethesda's inability to market the game competently. I totally agree.

Grayman

thetrin said:
in the case of id they don't even do the first one, or have not in the past.

Ricker said:
You kind of lost me on terrible animations...animations look awesome to me in this,remembering that spider kick the AI does in one of the earlier videos for example,anyway...

Animations look awesome?! Dude, the bullets are going one way and the bodies are going another.

Bloodrage

Banned
Fratkabula said:
Animations look awesome?! Dude, the bullets are going one way and the bodies are going another.
Kind of like how the graphics are going north but the gameplay keeps moving south? We get it, Carmack knows how to work magic on completely muting an environment of any life and texture deletion while you aren't looking (you could actually catch them in the act of popping back up again if you move the camera too fast). A lot of this Carmack dick-riding comes from uh... yeah, I have no idea. Rage is walking that Doom 3 path of pretty graphics and no substance.

DarkChild

Banned
Bloodrage said:
Kind of like how the graphics are going north but the gameplay keeps moving south? We get it, Carmack knows how to work magic on completely muting an environment of any life and texture deletion while you aren't looking (you could actually catch them in the act of popping back up again if you move the camera too fast). A lot of this Carmack dick-riding comes from uh... yeah, I have no idea. Rage is walking that Doom 3 path of pretty graphics and no substance.
It still looks better on the eyes in comparison to some other high profile multiplat games which run at twice lower frame rate and look worse. Carmack is genius. Period.

Bloodrage said:
Rage is walking that Doom 3 path of pretty graphics and no substance.

A campaign longer than most with fully developed racing mechanics, co-op missions, and a good variety of items, weapons and enemies and the game still lacks "substance"?

If you think this game has no susbtance... I hope you feel that way about the majority of shooters out there.

I will happily ride the phallus of Carmack. Uppity bloody kids don't know a good romance when they see one.

Go and roll with the stacks and backslaps of Cliffy B and crew. I'll be on the Texas rocket range...*wink*

thetrin

Bloodrage said:
Rage is walking that Doom 3 path of pretty graphics and no substance.
Uh, what? The game has side quests, plenty of dialogue and lore, secret levels, is 15-20 hours long, and the world itself is vast.

How is this anything like Doom 3 in terms of substance?

Pylon_Trooper said:
I will happily ride the phallus of Carmack. Uppity bloody kids don't know a good romance when they see one.

Go and roll with the stacks and backslaps of Cliffy B and crew. I'll be on the Texas rocket range...*wink*
You can tell how old someone is by how much they like/dislike Carmack.

After being on the fence, I just paid off my whole pre-order. The game should be pretty amazing, and so far I've seen a ton of positive previews and impressions.

Top Bottom