• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

JCizzle

Grrr. Torn between sword warrior because of the big ass swords and the shield character for having a shield. Anyone have any links to some cool looking shield models that might be in the game?

pyrandes

this game is gorgeous on the oled. been playin for the past 2ish hrs now and liking the combat of the cleric. very tanky like character so far.

Toki767

Looks like the online servers might be down now. Keep getting connection dropped when trying to go into the Tavern.

B.O.O.M

lol ign...I swear game reviews in general are horrible nowadays. Especially when it comes to handheld games.

And not even finishing a game to review it. ...yeaaaah

Necrovex

I like how reviewers don't even have to finish games now... He literally said that he didn't even finish the game. I can understand if it's unplayable, but if it's totally a bug-free game.... uhh??

You wouldn't expect a book critic to actually finish a novel? Who has that type of time?!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So jelly... still no shipping confirmation from Newegg.

I knew Sandy would bite me in the ass somehow!

Stupid Canada, delaying this game till next week. I would buy this game on the PSN store, but I'd much prefer a physical copy. T__T

You wouldn't expect a book critic to actually finish a novel? Who has that type of time?!

Reminds me of that nier review by Joystiq where he gave up on the game because he couldn't catch a fish. True story. I am shocked how disconnected I have become with reviewers. It used to be my opinions lined up fairly well, but now it seems like every reviewer has their own idea of how all games should work before even playing them.

I'm in the newegg boat, but feel free to add me as I will get it eventually... I hope. Seems like a lot are jumping on the PSN version. nice! PSN: darkjedi187

CaLe

I don't like playing online, is this game fun alone ?

The reason why I don't play online is... Because I have no one to play with.

Selvaria

My brother and I each have a Vita, but we share the same PSN ID. If I buy the digital release and install it on both Vita, is it possible to play ad hoc with each other?

I know this works for Silent Hill: Book of Memories, but it was not possible in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. In UMvC3, the game will always display your PSN ID, so the game kind of glitches in the lobby and doesn't allow you to start a match. With SH:BoM, the game only displays your character name, so this isn't an issue.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

kuroshiki

My brother and I each have a Vita, but we share the same PSN ID. If I buy the digital release and install it on both Vita, is it possible to play ad hoc with each other?

I know this works for Silent Hill: Book of Memories, but it was not possible in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. In UMvC3, the game will always display your PSN ID, so the game kind of glitches in the lobby and doesn't allow you to start a match. With SH:BoM, the game only displays your character name, so this isn't an issue.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

I will answer you just because you have awesome ID.

If you play ad-hoc mode, then yes you can play with your bro which shares same PSN ID.

If you playing online however, no. can't be done.

Selvaria

I will answer you just because you have awesome ID.

If you play ad-hoc mode, then yes you can play with your bro which shares same PSN ID.

If you playing online however, no. can't be done.

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply!

So you like Selvaria too, eh? I say you've got good taste!

Eusis

Well, I'd use that for a more story focused game. Unless I'm misreading Ragnarok Odyssey you can probably get a good enough feel after sinking something like 30 hours in. Ideally you'd ALWAYS finish a game, but if story isn't a motivating factor to playing then it probably won't budge much with 20 or even 200 more. Now, say, Virtue's Last Reward, yeah, you'd be a complete idiot to review before finishing.

Though what was said in response is what makes me hesitant: I have yet to really get into hunting games. Maybe this could change it! Or it'd be another to fall to the wayside.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Still a few mechanics that I don't get. I'm SURE the bear was almost dead from the extra quest, but I couldn't dash anymore. So I just had to run around until I was eventually caught in a shitty corner. Bah.

Also, what's the crystal in the bottom corner?

E: Do we get penalized for failing a mission?

Noi

Still a few mechanics that I don't get. I'm SURE the bear was almost dead from the extra quest, but I couldn't dash anymore. So I just had to run around until I was eventually caught in a shitty corner. Bah.

Also, what's the crystal in the bottom corner?

E: Do we get penalized for failing a mission?

A. You ran out of AP from sprinting/dashing too much. It's the yellow bar under your health. If that happens, you can't do anything that requires AP (except jumping) for a few seconds.

B. That's the tension meter. The higher it gets in the middle of a fight, you more damage you dish out.

C. You aren't penalized, but any consumables you used are gone. You still receive any items you picked up along the way.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
A. You ran out of AP from sprinting/dashing too much. It's the yellow bar under your health. If that happens, you can't do anything that requires AP (except jumping) for a few seconds.

B. That's the tension meter. The higher it gets in the middle of a fight, you more damage you dish out.

C. You aren't penalized, but any consumables you used are gone. You still receive any items you picked up along the way.

Ah OK. I think my air dashing and running is what did it then. I'm still doing the first few Chapter 1 missions, so it MAY be explained later, haha. Thank you. :)

E: Any reason to save the weapons I CAN'T use on my current character? The stash isn't shared, is it?

Top Bottom