• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Noi

I think any tavern quest you pick can be a co-op quest...unless those are just boss quests anyway.

The quests in the HQ are the same as the ones in the tavern. What I'm not sure about, since I haven't played online yet, is whether you can progress via Tavern missions or if you have to beat the missions in the HQ for the story to move on.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the heads up. Was actually at $49 after tallying so I am gonna end up having to add a few more bucks to reach a hundred.

NP:) It's a bit odd, especially since I'm used to XBLA myself. Everything so nice and rounded... no 3 or so cent to keep track of.

Can you cancel attacks with Mage? Super Armor is great... until you die lol.

And one worrying thing about Sterling's review is time limit. I wanna continue my cleric... but don't wanna reach that ceiling :S

Negative. Mage has double casting though. To quote the book:

"At the end of a combo, press and hold the circle button to engage a magical charge. If you hold this charge for a time, then release, you may find yourself casting double the magic in one fell swoop."

You can Dash-Cancel out of combos with everyone, I believe. You can even jump-cancel spell charges, I believe. It's a pretty free-flowing system.

As far as reaching a time ceiling... I think there's only time limits within the missions. Not within how long you can play a character or anything...

is COOP for campaign or just boss fights?

It's for the whole game. Every mission can be tackled alone, or co-op.

Reposting

There's the normal game quest, then all the stuff that was added through the JP Expansions / DLC. Not sure if they're super bosses, or anything like that.

Note that the Merc Edition mentions that it doesn't cover the cards or enemies that came with the expansions, so there's even more to the game, than what you see in that nice book.

apricot

The quests in the HQ are the same as the ones in the tavern. What I'm not sure about, since I haven't played online yet, is whether you can progress via Tavern missions or if you have to beat the missions in the HQ for the story to move on.

I believe the progress will count, if you're the one who's at that point in the game and not backtracking, if that makes any sense? Someone correct me if I'm wrong – I'm just jumping into multiplayer today, but I'll be with someone who's earlier in the game than I am anyway so I won't be able to tell.

Emitan

2012-10-30-1935368posm.jpg

Noi

You can Dash-Cancel out of combos with everyone, I believe. You can even jump-cancel spell charges, I believe. It's a pretty free-flowing system.

In my defense, I've only played as my Sin, so I have no idea what the other jobs can/can't do, haha. I knew about dash cancelling, at least.

I believe the progress will count, if you're the one who's at that point in the game and not backtracking, if that makes any sense? Someone correct me if I'm wrong – I'm just jumping into multiplayer today, but I'll be with someone who's earlier in the game than I am anyway so I won't be able to tell.

You're right, I just tested it out myself in Single Player Tavern, which is the same. You'll miss out on the NPC dialogue if you do back to back missions online, but you can definitely co-op through every quest.

I don't get it?

enemys

apricot

You're right, I just tested it out myself in Single Player Tavern, which is the same. You'll miss out on the NPC dialogue if you do back to back missions online, but you can definitely co-op through every quest.

Oh, great! Good to know

pyrandes

just got home, and this baby was sitting on my doorstep; gonna be hopping in shortly :D

now to figure out what class im gonna level up... for some reason Im kinda partial to cleric atm...

Haha. You would post that, Billie. Wait 'til you see the text for the Bronze Gyrfalcon trophy.

Wait for it...
"Blow a group of 7 enemies with a Strong attack."
Heeheehee

It's not our final text (obviously). Tom is frothing over here. I'm looking into it.

I did it...

I bought a PSV. The system is charging right now. The call of Ragnarok was too strong.

Thanks a lot XSEED! D:

I love you guys!

Noi

Haha. You would post that, Billie. Wait 'til you see the text for the Bronze Gyrfalcon trophy.

Wait for it...
"Blow a group of 7 enemies with a Strong attack."
Heeheehee

It's not our final text (obviously). Tom is frothing over here. I'm looking into it.

8140224967_303639f74a_z.jpg

That's a lot of money.

elWze.gif

denshuu

Has anyone tried Cleric yet?

Haven't given it a shot yet (Only 274 hours left in the download -- Thanks PSN) but from what I've seen it's the class for me. Being able to guard counter makes every third person action game that much more fun.

Also I like the sound maces make you hit things with them. In every game.

Noi

Well I think I'm thoroughly stuck at the chapter 1 boss. Who's down to beat it together? lol

Yo. PSN is Noisama, invite away!

Edit: Or rather, I made a room. It's number 5506, though you still need to send me a friend request. :)

Noi

Wait, how do you do an online quest?

Scratch that.

Go to the tavern, hit online play, then search for Room 5196. Password is BOSS. Anyone else that wants to hop on is free to do so!

Can you make a private room with a password? Or is it just random / invite?

It's room-based. You can either have no password but restrict it to friends only, public with a password (so you don't have to friend request the other person), or any combination of the two.

The game looks really clean.

native res games on vita. Who knew?

btw: I'm a bit confused about getting stronger in this game, I get the gist of cards, but where do I get better weapons? Baddies seem to drop stuff as good as the stuff I have atm (starting weapon).

Don't see any weapon crafting system. o_O.

And I figured out dualcasting with mage, but it takes FOREVERER :(

Cleric is my current main. Could finish the first extra quest easily :D

btw: where does one get better potions?

Toki767

Scratch that.

Go to the tavern, hit online play, then search for Room 5196. Password is BOSS. Anyone else that wants to hop on is free to do so!

It's room-based. You can either have no password but restrict it to friends only, public with a password (so you don't have to friend request the other person), or any combination of the two.

Ah well I sent you a friend request anyways. My PSN is Knight613

fionel

I bought the jp version like 6 months ago and havent touched it in a loooong time. The game doesnt run on native res when you get into a multiplayer games in the jp version - did they actually "fix" that in the NA release?

Teknoman

IGN has a review up for this. It's not pretty.

Are those Slimes from Dragon Quest? Nah, probably not.

Really IGN?

It just sounds like he doesn't like Hunting games at all, because basically every single complaint he he had could be said about any of them. Even the camera issues, lol.

I was about to say that when they brought up the tavern.

EDIT: Guess I cant help on the boss since I havent reached that point in the story?

Roubjon

But what I really want in an RPG like this is to have complete control over my character. I want to feel like I’m doing something with him, that I’m not just going through the motions. Ragnarok Odyssey makes you go through the motions, though, and they’re pretty boring motions at that.

This makes on sense at all. I find this review more hilarious than most.

Top Bottom