• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Noi

Ah OK. I think my air dashing and running is what did it then. I'm still doing the first few Chapter 1 missions, so it MAY be explained later, haha. Thank you. :)

E: Any reason to save the weapons I CAN'T use on my current character? The stash isn't shared, is it?

You can change jobs midway through Chapter 2. :)

Teknoman

Once I get a good grip on the game mechanics, i'll join you guys online. Hopefully its like Monster Hunter, where its still fun to help people tackle lower level quests.

ZeroAKA

Oh my...So my character can be everything? O_O
Yep, that was one of the main selling points for me.

It's so weird that the dash button is assigned to square when most games use square as the light attack button. I'm going to have to get used to this.

pyrandes

finished off the orc king; not a bad fight. that earthquake punch does pack a wallop tho, and freaking thing draws you in :/

I really like how quickly you get into the action. Pretty much made my character and was in the first mission within a minute or two killing Porings. I get so tired sometimes having to sit through 30 mins or so in game's openings before I even get to play. So far so good. It looks really crisp too. As someone who loved PSO and that kind of game this one looks like it's gonna be good!

And the hair color choices are fantastic too. Using face 9 has me looking pretty damn creepy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I really like how quickly you get into the action. Pretty much made my character and was in the first mission within a minute or two killing Porings. I get so tired sometimes having to sit through 30 mins or so in game's openings before I even get to play. So far so good. It looks really crisp too. As someone who loved PSO and that kind of game this one looks like it's gonna be good!

Yeah seriously - it really just dumps you in, and I appreciate that IMMENSELY.

Noi

I searched for the GAF room and there was some not you guys person in there. Are you guys still in a quest?

Edit: Nevermind!

Toki767

Those were pretty fun games. Online is very smooth (when Noi isn't lagging) and this game is definitely much better playing with others.

I searched for the GAF room and there was some not you guys person in there. Are you guys still in a quest?

I had to go. Not sure if they're continuing.

Noi

Those were pretty fun games. Online is very smooth (when Noi isn't lagging) and this game is definitely much better playing with others.

I had to go. Not sure if they're continuing.

I'm carrying on with Obsolete. Also, I had a better bar connection during the 5 seconds when Billie was the host. D:<

Toki767

I don't think mage is for me. It's just strange that you have to melee attack and chain into casting spells. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a mage when you have to attack with the staff.

Noi

Seeing obsolete hit for 10-20 damage per arrow while I smack things once for 200+ isn't gonna stop amusing me anytime soon.

I don't think mage is for me. It's just strange that you have to melee attack and chain into casting spells. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a mage when you have to attack with the staff.

You can always whiff the melee attacks on purpose.
KuGsj.gif

pyrandes

sounds more akin to my vision of a battle mage. i'll have to switch it up when i open up the class changing stuff.

Speaking of that ign review... when do I get new weapons and stuff?

All the loot I'm finding (currently just finished 1-8) are worst then the stuff I have currently. And the tradeoffs for most of these cards don't seem worth it tbh.

Teknoman

All the loot I'm finding (currently just finished 1-8) are worst then the stuff I have currently. And the tradeoffs for most of these cards don't seem worth it tbh.

The weapons seem like rune modded versions of your starting stuff in Chapter 1. It still seems like the tutorial chapter, so I bet things really open in 2. I guess they'll explain whatever tension is later, or maybe i should check the e-manual (why is there not a Paper Mario character named Emanual).

Noi

You're pretty much playing the loot game during chapter 1. Getting weapons, comparing them for benefits/disadvantages, etc etc. Chapter 2 starts giving you stuff with a higher base stat pretty quickly.

Wahz

Useful weapon start coming from chapter 8,
Standard weapon mostly from EP2, Desert ones from extra mission, no need to finish the game to have access.
Ultimate one come from EP3, you need to finish the story to get access

Wahz

Basic game mainly concentrated on card management learning and upgrade your weapon and armor.

Do you know that high power player can clear all story boss missions within 3 minutes.

EP2 & EP3 weapons really meant for extra missions.

Guys Halp!

I am a Hunter and feel woefully underpowered. Getting past the first chapter seems hopeless. Is there no way to "grind" my way up and become stronger? All the drops I am finding are the same.

Or do I basically have to start over as a different character?

Edit: I'm talking most of my attacks are hitting for 1 HP, and I have to get deadly close just to get 50 HP. I say deadly because a single hit knocks off 100+ HP from my measley 800 HP

Noi

Guys Halp!

I am a Hunter and feel woefully underpowered. Getting past the first chapter seems hopeless. Is there no way to "grind" my way up and become stronger? All the drops I am finding are the same.

Or do I basically have to start over as a different character?

Edit: I'm talking most of my attacks are hitting for 1 HP, and I have to get deadly close just to get 50 HP. I say deadly because a single hit knocks off 100+ HP from my measley 800 HP

I was going to help you beat the Orc King before you poofed. :V

I haven't played as Hunter though, so no idea. I imagine that the distance = damage thing comes into effect. Are you equipping cards to boost your attack/defense and the like?

Where do you even get cards to boost attack?

And why do weapons all have lower attack than the one that I start with :/

Are the skills on them worth more than weapon attack?

Can't seem to find a detailed stat sheet anywhere :(

Beat the orc king on my cleric though ^^

Won by DoT lmao. Really fucking sucks that you can't block in the air :X

I bought this because I want a Monster Hunter game on the Vita. This game has strangely worded dialogue and I really don't understand where to go around the home hub. At least some people on my friend's list have it (who also want mon hun).

I was going to help you beat the Orc King before you poofed. :V

I haven't played as Hunter though, so no idea. I imagine that the distance = damage thing comes into effect. Are you equipping cards to boost your attack/defense and the like?

Yea, I think you just have to be super super patient as a Hunter. Which means I am going to start again using a different class. It could possibly take 20-25 minutes to beat the orc king according to other forum posts

Noi

Yea, I think you just have to be super super patient as a Hunter. Which means I am going to start again using a different class. It could possibly take 20-25 minutes to beat the orc king according to other forum posts

Or you could let me or someone else help you out so you can just job change and not have to restart the whole thing over. Your choice! :V

I bought this because I want a Monster Hunter game on the Vita. This game has strangely worded dialogue and I really don't understand where to go around the home hub. At least some people on my friend's list have it (who also want mon hun).

There's 4 areas in the Hub, the Tavern to the left (which is where you do multiplayer), the HQ in the middle (single player), the Inn to the right (Save, Closet and Angeling to receive DLC/Near gifts) and the shops on the outside. Both the Tavern and HQ have a chest which lets you change your equipment, cards, and items, as well as the Kafra shops where you can buy cards and potions.

MooMoo

Impulse bought! I don't have much spare time as I'd like in order to play this and NFS: MW though haha. This is the first MH-ish game I'll be playing though so I'm hoping it'll be fun!

Maybe I can get in some multiplayer action with you guys sometime: my ID is yoshiDeKiller.

Wahz

2 combo you needed to learn for Hunter,

Machine gun, tri,tri,O,O,O
Arrowstorm, tri,tri,tri,O,O or tri,O,tri,O,O
AIR MODE reversed the two combo

Top Bottom