• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Kaizer

Banned
I just caved and bought this, I'll play a little bit of it, but I still need to work through Virtue's Last Reward and AC3: Liberation. At least I spent $100 on PSN for the $20 back deal though. Can't wait to try this out!

Emitan

I am adorbs~

8142915527_9efc6ecc72_b.jpg

Okay I think I kinda get this now. I saw Grendel and couldn't kill him. Turns out I'm not SUPPOSED to kill him yet. The quest was to just collect 15 of some item. Duh.

I've tried Monster Hunter before but it just didn't click with me. I think this one is mostly because the controls are much more fluid.

Doombear

I don't have the game yet, hopefully tomorrow or Friday... but I have a question.

This is not at all intended to sound snarky or a dig at all, but I am seeing a few people that are trying to kill bosses (Ape and Grendel) when that isn't what the point of the mission is. So is it not clear what you are supposed to do in each mission? Is there no objective that is given to you? Again, really just curious if that is just a possible mistake on the game's part or people are just excited and spamming "LET ME IN TO THE QUEST!" and just go go go.

Noi

I don't have the game yet, hopefully tomorrow or Friday... but I have a question.

This is not at all intended to sound snarky or a dig at all, but I am seeing a few people that are trying to kill bosses (Ape and Grendel) when that isn't what the point of the mission is. So is it not clear what you are supposed to do in each mission? Is there no objective that is given to you? Again, really just curious if that is just a possible mistake on the game's part or people are just excited and spamming "LET ME IN TO THE QUEST!" and just go go go.

You have an objective in each quest that you're plainly told. It's just the normal gameplay instinct of wanting to kill everything that pops up, even if it's not possible to do so at that point.
KuGsj.gif

You have an objective in each quest that you're plainly told. It's just the normal gameplay instinct of wanting to kill everything that pops up, even if it's not possible to do so at that point.
KuGsj.gif

Yeah it's pretty much this. You have to pay attention to what the game tells you for sure.

Kyon

Banned
CONGRATS EMILIE SIS ON THE JOB! XD

So this game is one of the best looking games on the vita screen O__O the colors and its native res right? that probably explains why it looks amazing

Doombear

Ha, I figured as much. Good to know. I could absolutely see myself doing that as well if I hadn't read this thread. That instinct to just go for it is too strong. If it is in my quest area, and it isn't named Jho, kill it!

Toki767

Hati.

I ran out of potions and started freaking out until I remembered that
A) You can die twice
B) I'm a cleric so I can heal myself

>_>

Haha. Oh I got a cleric weapon that's really nice. If I could send it to you I would. The Ullr Grand Cross. Got it from beating the Orc King and Orc Hero.

So wait. People are getting LE in the mail, in bubble mailers from Newegg? Mine better not be squished too :( It says that it left the distribution center in TN, so it doesn't have that far to go in NJ.. Still sorry to hear that your's got damaged Oyashiro :\

Noi

Orc Hero card. <3 Immune to Stun, so good.

Downloaded!

Add: SomewhatGroovy

Can someone explain how best to use mic function on vita? Havent used it yet. I imagine its straight forward. Can i just plug in iphone ear buds and use mic?

If you want to chat with someone, you gotta get into a Party with him/her via the Vita OS. Then you can chat it up just fine while playing the game.

Guard right before the attack hits.

I think you can send items over near. Which is worthless unless you happen to live nearby.

Fucking 3-11. Boss can one shot me.

I honestly don't think I know how to guard. I have a cleric, and I've tried every button but nothing seems to guard. I'm on 1-7.

branny

Game is fabulous. Mage is super fun. I wasn't even expecting English voices, lol.

So happy. Thank you, XSEED. <3

Top Bottom