• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

fernoca

Got it!
EpGKQ.jpeg
Quite busy with other games right now..but still wanted it.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I know they have the original RO music in the game right? Can I listen to the Prontera town music at any point while playing? Or Payon? Nostalgia man...

maven

Picked this up yesterday with AC Lib. Haven't even started AC. RO is so good. Exactly what I was looking for (mon hun with slicker controls).

Up to the Orc boss, but had to go to work. Cleric is fun. Free heals are nice.

PSN: maven5000 - will probably hit some of you up for co-op at some stage. Should get some near card trading happening.

Yuterald

I'm so jealous of you all. This game looks really cool, but I don't have/can't afford a Vita right now. One day I'll play this. =(

rockx4

Just picked this up on PSN, had some gamestop credit so I bought PSN cards lol. So far the game is really fun, I got my ass handed to me by Grendel (one of the early missions), not knowing all I had to do was destroy barrels for ore (should have read the quest).

Does multiplayer add extra loot? Or can you earn everything solo.

rockx4

Is there any reason for me to keep weapons I find for other classes? Like can I send it to one of my other characters? Or should I just sell them.

Kurod

Banned
So I get home today hoping to see my package had arrived only to be disappointed again. Checking Amazon's tracking website reveals that my package had been and is still sitting in a Knoxville center since 1:38am last night.

Noi

Let me know if you're gonna do 3-11 anytime soon Emillie~

8143473725_247278f0dd_z.jpg

These guys are into the business of running over me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Go figure, I take my own advice and treat bosses like Monster Hunter bosses and take the Orc King down with no problems that time. -_-

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Has anyone dropped a number of how much hours of content there are in this game? Deciding between this and Persona 2, and I probably only will be able to grab one atm.

Noi

The Hammersmith is so lame...

I can see the appeal to using him, but after spending 90% of the game as a super fast Assassin, his slow movement ain't for me. Though hitting for tons of damage in one hit has it's perks, and I (think) they can stun/break armor pieces faster than the others.

Teknoman

Time out, we get to visit Glast Heim? Also get waves of nostalgia just seeing the npcs talk about Morroc. Better have Ant Hell in the game.

Noi

Time out, we get to visit Glast Heim? Also get waves of nostalgia just seeing the npcs talk about Morroc. Better have Ant Hell in the game.

It's not quite Glast Heim, but it has Raydrics a' plenty. Unsure of Ant Hell, though I've already killed off hundreds of Killer Ants. @_@

Noi

I need help in 3-11 :(

Cleric simply doesn't do enough damage to beat it in time.

Just let me put on my cat ears.

Edit: Cat ears get. Make room, let's kick Grendel butt.

Edit2: That was actually harder than the single player version. He did a lot of attacks that he didn't do when I fought him...

Noi

So I guess I should sell all this junk...

EDIT: Im kinda glad this is like Monster Hunter in the way that you dont level up, just get better equip. That way, its a little easier to go back to earlier missions with people.

You actually do sort of level up. After you finish a chapter, your base HP, AP, Atk and Def go up, but those are the only times when it happens.

Also, don't sell the good junk, you can change jobs later~

Emitan

Just let me put on my cat ears.

Edit: Cat ears get. Make room, let's kick Grendel butt.

Edit2: That was actually harder than the single player version. He did a lot of attacks that he didn't do when I fought him...

I had never seen that poison breath attack before. It one shot me ;~;

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yea, lack of level progression is kind of a bummer for me also.

It's not really lacking, it's just streamlined. You DO get more powerful each chapter, and the shops "level up" along with this progression. So instead of seeing it as a lack of levels, see it more as there are just 9 levels in the game, and you get one per chapter.

I prefer this kind of style for multiplayer personally; It cuts down on the OP-ness that'd run rampant with level systems, and gives a tighter core of atributes for balancing the game for teamwork.

Heh, it's great to see Raydrics again. And I'm not sure of Ant Hell (you DO have to hunt for ant eggs for a quest, though!), but the 2nd Expansion of the game in Japan was Sograt Desert...

___

I have to say, I love the animationwork in this game. The Kafra girls all take their old artwork poses while idling, the enemies have death animations just like they did in 2D, and even they have much of their old spritework idle animations. The Lizard Boss in Chapter 2 is so spastic and insane looking, it's like watching a "Wacky friend" character on whiskey in a Disney Cartoon.

I'm quite impressed with the overall production values. Basically everything is overflowing with personality. And such a solid art style, with gorgeous colors!

Ponn

Banned
HAHA, wth, some Amazon reseller is trying to scalp a used version of the Merc Edition for $100 when its still available new from amazon for 49.99. What is wrong with people.

Kazzy

The Hammersmith is so lame...

I take it back, once you know all the combos it becomes really fun, especially when you can float and hurl enemies to the other side of the arena. I wish the range was a little better though, considering the hit you take in the speed department.

Lag isn't kind to this class.

Emitan

I take it back, once you know all the combos it becomes really fun, especially when you can float and hurl enemies to the other side of the arena. I wish the range was a little better though, considering the hit you take in the speed department.

Lag isn't kind to this class.

Move to North America, gurl.

Kazzy

2-9, I'll leave it there. I'm enjoying it so far, it definitely improves the more you play.

The initial tutorial (wall of text) does nothing to let you know about some of the features, though. I mean, I didn't realize that you could do the dodge maneuver until the second chapter. And the there is an actual combo system in place, which it never mentions.

Noi

Just realized that I can select what music plays on a Quest if I've bought a record from the music shop. It even has Ragnarok Online music. Doing quests while listening to Streamside, Theme of Prontera and Tread on the Ground. <3

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Having trouble with 2-2, decided to try the Extra Quest...Wrecked the bear boss. o_O Wolves are quick I guess.

E: Damnit, I keep forgetting that the instruction manuals are ON THE CART. Lots of very useful info in there.

pyrandes

switched to a sword warrior and made it thru 3-11. damn grendal is a tough cookie. forgot i can double jump in that scenario :/. but damn, does the sword warrior pack a wallop with my current gear setup.

then proceeded to try extra-2..and got pounded to the ground by orcs. ouch. that hurt a bit :/. not sure if ill play more tonite, but it definitely has its hooks in me now..

Noi

Chapter 4 down. That bird was tougher to beat than it's younger brother, yeesh. (Until I activated DS and destroyed it anyway.)

Two new outfits, Gunner and Samurai. Surprised to see even these extra jobs are getting represented here!

Top Bottom