• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Noi

Can sword warriors counter attack or is that cleric-specific?

They can block, but counters are unique for Clerics, yes.

Edit: Devil Hair Band get. Now I'm looking the part!

8143793891_f7bfbee05a_z.jpg

Toki767

Chapter 4 down. That bird was tougher to beat than it's younger brother, yeesh. (Until I activated DS and destroyed it anyway.)

Two new outfits, Gunner and Samurai. Surprised to see even these extra jobs are getting represented here!

I'm still trying to beat chapter 4 myself. On 4-6 now, though I did do 4-7 already.

Noi

I'm still trying to beat chapter 4 myself. On 4-6 now, though I did do 4-7 already.

I could continue on for the night, but I think I'll take a break and start up AC:L. If I get bored, I'll just hop back and murder more porings.

Alchemy

Just watched the IGN review. The only mechanics the reviewer ever mentions are staples of Monster Hunter style games (not leveling while fighting), and fills the rest of the dead space with mindless complaining... but never complains about anything specific.

Now I remember why I don't visit IGN.

Mondriaan

Having trouble with 2-2, decided to try the Extra Quest...Wrecked the bear boss. o_O Wolves are quick I guess.

E: Damnit, I keep forgetting that the instruction manuals are ON THE CART. Lots of very useful info in there.
You only need to finish 2-3 to unlock class changing. Swordfighter is so much easier than hunter that it's not even funny.

I got through 2-2 as a hunter by spamming the machine gun attack someone else mentioned earlier and keeping my back to the wall. 2-3 is much easier than 2-2 (kill a bunch of birds IIRC).

Toki767

Chapter 4 boss here I go.

Edit: Okay that was a stupidly easy boss fight. Only used 1 potion and the whole battle lasted like 3 minutes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You only need to finish 2-3 to unlock class changing. Swordfighter is so much easier than hunter that it's not even funny.

I got through 2-2 as a hunter by spamming the machine gun attack someone else mentioned earlier and keeping my back to the wall. 2-3 is much easier than 2-2 (kill a bunch of birds IIRC).

Yeah, I managed to finish it. I was being careless haha. Hunter is still my favorite. <3

I tried Hammersmith on the extra quest with the bear. It's funny how much stronger that class is over Hunter. The wind up and delay make it a tough class - bear went down no issues, though.

I'm sticking with Hunter though, haha.

Noi

I think this can be said about every class. :p

Well, not every class has to get up close and personal to every enemy with no method of damage reduction but dodging. :V (Yes I know mages have close attacks, but that's not ALL they do.)

N1GCQ.jpg

This is Glast Heim alright.

Well, not every class has to get up close and personal to every enemy with no method of damage reduction but dodging. :V (Yes I know mages have close attacks, but that's not ALL they do.)

N1GCQ.jpg

This is Glast Heim alright.

Dodging still seems like the most efficient way though for pretty much all classes.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Asked Newegg to see what's up with my Mercenary Edition and they said it releases on the 2nd. No RO for me until next week =/

Tratorn

Damn, these impressions make me want to import the game, but I still have a big backlog and I want to support the eu-release of this game, so I have to wait... :/

What in the name of God And Jesus do you have to do to get the Orc King to drop a breastplate? Is it really totally random? How in the world am I supposed to upgrade my mace otherwise, I've killed the dumb bastard like four times already.

Noi

What in the name of God And Jesus do you have to do to get the Orc King to drop a breastplate? Is it really totally random?

You break his breastplate, silly. Just smack him from the front (in the air or on the ground) and it'll break eventually.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The drop rates in this game are very generous... heck, I killed the Bird Boss, and he drop his Card... TWICE! At the same time! Wouldn't even think it possible!

Thank Heaven for no 0.01% Drop chance!

Broken Parts dropping the proper item does seem to be pretty much 100% guarenteed. The hardest part then becomes not killing the enemy before you've broken off the desired part...

Those screenshots look great, urge to get this game is rising!

I don't know if I should use the $20 back on Nov 7 towards this game or towards R&C. I've never played one of the hunting games, but this looks like fun.

The drop rates in this game are very generous... heck, I killed the Bird Boss, and he drop his Card... TWICE! At the same time! Wouldn't even think it possible!

Thank Heaven for no 0.01% Drop chance!

Broken Parts dropping the proper item does seem to be pretty much 100% guarenteed. The hardest part then becomes not killing the enemy before you've broken off the desired part...

Yeah, this game does feel like your phantasy star or w/e, but with rigged private server rates and what not :p

When do you start getting access to better hp pots though?

Been using the dinky starter ones, and I need to use up most my bag's to heal me up :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, this game does feel like your phantasy star or w/e, but with rigged private server rates and what not :p

When do you start getting access to better hp pots though?

Been using the dinky starter ones, and I need to use up most my bag's to heal me up :(

Gravity / GungHo decided to make their own Private Server hack... haha.

Better potions can be unlocked by doing certain free quest, I think? I know I unlocked some between Chapters 2 and early 3.

Also note that you can Turn on Dainsleif, do a good combo that gets you health, and then tap the screen again to turn DS OFF. A good way to save on potions, and stuff in some strong damage.

Gravity / GungHo decided to make their own Private Server hack... haha.

Better potions can be unlocked by doing certain free quest, I think? I know I unlocked some between Chapters 2 and early 3.

Also note that you can Turn on Dainsleif, do a good combo that gets you health, and then tap the screen again to turn DS OFF. A good way to save on potions, and stuff in some strong damage.
Oh didn't know it could manually turn off. Interesting.
Game isn't great at explaining like anything. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Screenshots? Screenshots! I can finally put that RO minus 70 screenshot folder to good use:

Heh, I used to take screens of everything in the early (Int'l Server) Days of RO... your screens remind me of such times. Everyone partying at the end of a quest, awkward closeup and camera-goof screens of oddities...

Yeah, but it kinda fits the arcadey nature. SO many games now-a-days explain everything twice-over at every second, that I'm actually happy that a game basically told me "PLAY ME!" and... that's it.

Kyon

Banned

In the quest where you get the ability it does say you can turn it on or off. Read everything don't skim through :p also at your room you can review tips by going up to the piece of paper on the wall

Marv_79

Neo Member
I’m desperate to play this game and can not wait for a UK release, if I download it from the US store on my PS3 and copy it across to my vita via my UK account on the PS3 will it work ok? Or will have to do some jiggery pokery with the vita’s account settings?
I realise I could import from the US but that would take ages and the prices on fleabay are extortionate at the mo.

Many thanks in advance for your anticipated help with my stupid question that probably has been asked many times before :)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I’m desperate to play this game and can not wait for a UK release, if I download it from the US store on my PS3 and copy it across to my vita via my UK account on the PS3 will it work ok? Or will have to do some jiggery pokery with the vita’s account settings?

I don't believe this will work, because I think you can only transfer / use a file on the Vita, from the account you DLed it with...

To test it, though, try DLing a free demo or such from the US, and then trying playing it on your EU Vita Account?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad to help:) Understand how you feel too... remember when it was revealed the Asian release had english... Rise to import skyrocketed! But managed to hold out!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Few questions I still don't seem to know the answer to...

1) Why are some missions different color on the screen during mission selection? I thought it was based on difficulty, but 2* and above are all the same color...

2) What are the impacts of the different gems? I know red raises DS meter, certain ones give very temporary stat boosts, but some appear to do nothing...

3) The little necklace/pendant in the bottom corner...That's your tension meter, right? What does it do? When you enter DS, it goes

4) What do the various runes due on weapons? I have some that are bronze, silver, and gold in color on my equipment selection screen. These each have different runes associated with them. Not sure what the deal is there yet, haha.

TheGrue

Is all the non-equipment loot that drops usable to make and purchase equipment or is some of it just junk that you can sell without thinking about it? If some is junk, is there an easy way to tell?

Mondriaan

It outlines all the weapon combos in a nice flow chart, but that's about it.
Page 45 mentions that the Dainsleif Icon should be tapped to activate DS Mode when the SP gauge is full, and tapped again to cancel DS Mode. Page 8 mentions R + Circle for activating/canceling DS Mode.

Page 48 mentions double tapping the touchscreen to reset the camera to face the direction your character is facing and that rear touchpad also can move the camera.

IIRC there's stuff in the in-game help that is not covered in the manual like the crystal/icon things that monsters drop when they die. I don't remember seeing anything in the manual or in-game help about quest color, though.

So what are the benefits of mp outside of making some bosses more manageable due to being able to transfer agro and what not.

Are there different drop tables?

Had a few d/cs last night which made the experience less than awesome.

Top Bottom