• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

i r sad....one of the main reasons why I got a vita was for this game. And some jerk stole my vita from my backpack while in class...fukin ninjas!!! My game barely came too so here I am with the game but nothing to play it on....sad panda.....

Wow, that's really screwed up. Is there any way you can report that, see if they can find the person? It's probably another student.

Hey, I was charged with my Newegg order a little while ago! Hopefully this means it will ship out tomorrow. Can't wait to Hammersmith my way to victory and pound some heads in.

Mine was charged on the 29th, but it's been indefinitely delayed with that hurricane sandy bullshit. Still no update on the tracking and the people at Newegg and UPS both have no idea.

rockx4

Just had a noob moment. I completely forgot the Vita has a touch screen lol, I haven't played games on it in so long. Just found out I could just touch the potion icons to use them. Now I don't have to use the crappy select button (it sucks so much).

Roubjon

Mine was charged on the 29th, but it's been indefinitely delayed with that hurricane sandy bullshit. Still no update on the tracking and the people at Newegg and UPS both have no idea.

Way to destroy my dreams. I'll remain hopeful for a day or two until reality sets in. Not as bad as getting my Vita stolen, holy shit.

Iresecia

Neo Member
The online is being a bit odd right now. That aside, loving the game and the co-op play. Please tell me there is a priest outfit like from RO? Also, how do I get Prontera's theme?

anddo0

Hey, I was charged with my Newegg order a little while ago! Hopefully this means it will ship out tomorrow. Can't wait to Hammersmith my way to victory and pound some heads in.

My card was declined for whatever reason (nothing is wrong with my card). So they can't my mercenary edition :/

Screw them. I'll get the PSN version. I just think it's messed up I didn't even get a chance to fix the payment info like Amazon allows you to do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just had a noob moment. I completely forgot the Vita has a touch screen lol, I haven't played games on it in so long. Just found out I could just touch the potion icons to use them. Now I don't have to use the crappy select button (it sucks so much).

I'm going to pretend I already knew this...
I feel dumb

Okay, this is cool. I was having trouble beating the Ogre King so I just made an open room looking for help on the mission and two strangers jumped in and we rocked him. Fun!

I like this. Never could get into the MH games before- the controls never jived with me. This is more up my alley. I bought this game on a whim the other day, and I'm glad I did. Now onto Chapter 2- can't wait to try out some other classes!

Noi

Doing old chapters to farm some materials for refining. My best time fighting Orc Hero is about ~1:20.

...I have a hard time believing I was having trouble fighting the guy yesterday morning, now I just yawn my way past. I have a harder time taking out the High Orcs and Chiefs that he spawns more than the boss himself.

Emitan

Doing old chapters to farm some materials for refining. My best time fighting Orc Hero is about ~1:20.

...I have a hard time believing I was having trouble fighting the guy yesterday morning, now I just yawn my way past. I have a harder time taking out the High Orcs and Chiefs that he spawns more than the boss himself.

Really? Orc Hero totally beat me around until I finally killed him.

Noi

Really? Orc Hero totally beat me around until I finally killed him.

It's cause everything he does is 100% telegraphed with no subtlety like some other bosses. That and I play Sin, so I have more chances than the other classes to just weave out, weave in and continue the smackdown. The ONLY time I'm not constantly on him is when he summons his minions, and that's because they simply won't allow me to reliably hitting me without swatting me away.

For comparison, my current build:

Stats:
Assassin
HP: 2400
AP: 2900
ATK:249
DEF:52

Weapon: Wyn Bloody Roar +4 (75 ATK)
-Double Attack Lv.3 (Random chance of attacks hitting twice)
-Safe DS (Lowered cost for using DS at cost of reduced power)
Cards:
Shinobi - Crit Attack Up Lv.2, AP Up Lv.2
Leshy - Poison Attack Lv.3, Slow Starter (Lowers Tension gain speed, but raises the time it takes for it to reset)
Orc x3 - Orcish Spirit Lv.1 (Increases attack power and MAX HP)
Orc Hero - Heroic Bravery (Immune to Stun)

Most things I fight die quick, but I have to be on my toes at all times or else I die faster.

Way to destroy my dreams. I'll remain hopeful for a day or two until reality sets in. Not as bad as getting my Vita stolen, holy shit.

Same, there's nothing we can really do at this point because UPS came to a complete stop on monday and tuesday, still.. that means right now they're literally picking which packages go first, which is bullshit because we're going to get ours way outside the delivery. As long as I get mine unscathed I'll be happy but man, the wait and uncertainty is really lame.

Kazzy

Just beat the Lizard boss in chapter 3. I looked at the mission rating and thought "well, this might be hard solo", beat it in just about 2 minutes! Now that I think about it, the same could be said for Chapter 2's boss.

Hammersmith, I salute you!

Kazzy

So what classes are all y'all sticking with atm?

I pissed and moaned about the Hammersmith initially, slow attacks, poor range, but dat power! It's all about managing your combos, you can effectively stun an entire mob in an instant with them.

I briefly dipped into a few other classes, with disastrous results! I didn't care for the Mage or Hunter at all.

Noi

8146421305_f71064cba0_z.jpg

I started with Cleric, and I think I'm just about to unlock the ability to switch classes. Not sure what I'm gonna try next- maybe the Swordmaster.

Question: can I sell all the crap I get from missions, or am I gonna need it for upgrades, etc. I know some items specifically say 'this is for upgrading weapons', but the items that have nothing to that effect in the description, can I just unload 'em for cash?

Noi

Well I didn't last long. Where are you Noi? Come beat Grendel for me while I sit back and relax.

If you're serious, make a room. :V

I started with Cleric, and I think I'm just about to unlock the ability to switch classes. Not sure what I'm gonna try next- maybe the Swordmaster.

Question: can I sell all the crap I get from missions, or am I gonna need it for upgrades, etc. I know some items specifically say 'this is for upgrading weapons', but the items that have nothing to that effect in the description, can I just unload 'em for cash?

Personally, I just stash everything in the chest. It never hurts to have the items in case you need 'em later, and you can sell chunks of them if you get too many later on. Plus it's not like you can't just do a few easy missions for money if you really need it.

Rule of the thumb though: Never sell Elunium, Emveretarcon, Phracon or any drop you get from a boss. You'll ALWAYS be using those.

Noi

Toki, try to pre-empt when he's going to start throwing his sweat everywhere. His pounce only homes on you if it hits you, otherwise he just jumps up on the same spot.

For the most part, most of his attacks can be dodged just by dashing towards him/under his legs. It seems a bit counter-intuitive, but hey it works.

Edit: We gonna try again?

Toki767

Toki, try to pre-empt when he's going to start throwing his sweat everywhere. His pounce only homes on you if it hits you, otherwise he just jumps up on the same spot.

For the most part, most of his attacks can be dodged just by dashing towards him/under his legs. It seems a bit counter-intuitive, but hey it works.

Edit: We gonna try again?

Lol sure. One more try. Maybe you should try hosting to see if the connection is better.

From the description yes. Haven't fought it yet.

It seemed like the easiest boss to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pfft, fine. I'll just go and kill him again on my own. :mad:

If anyone else wants to breeze through chapters, give me a shout.

If you're offering, I'm on 2-7 and I'd be happy to make a room to catch up to you guys. :p

Room is: drgoo/vita

OmegaZero

So, the Ogre king wasn't that hard.
I died once, but I had more trouble against Grendal or whatever it's called. Are you even supposed to be able to kill it in Chapter 1?

Noi

If you're offering, I'm on 2-7 and I'd be happy to make a room to catch up to you guys. :p

Room is: drgoo/vita

Be there in a moment! Just killed Grendel again to spite Toki.

So, the Ogre king wasn't that hard.
I died once, but I had more trouble against Grendal or whatever it's called. Are you even supposed to be able to kill it in Chapter 1?

There's a reason the chapter goal isn't to kill him. 40k HP, yo.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So how much content is in this game? Seems to be pretty meaty from what I'm reading.

6 classes to play, new places, enemies, and stages to go through along 9 chapters, bosses that vary from Size of a house to Size of a mountain, multiple looks and styles of weapons that change every few chapters, costumes for the 6 classes, their "legacy" outfits from RO, and even RO outfits from the extended classes...

And on top of all that, you had extra content added with the 3 expansions that were released for free in Japan. These added new weapons, a new stage (which I believe came with it's own enemies and boss?), and more.

No idea how much it is numerically, but It all seems like well produced, actual content. They re-use stages for loads of missions, but the stages themselves are very well produced, with each location having it's own visual identity and uniqueness. So you might see the same zone reused through lots of missions, but that "zone" is made up of an Ice cave, a hidden spring-like area, an outside moonlit path, a hidden retreat behind a waterfall, and a large grassy field, for instance.

So you shouldn't too much about hurting for content :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just finished a quest. You should be able to find it now!

You have no idea how happy it makes me to know that even Hunters have a hard time hitting those damn flying beetles, haha.

Hahaha - those damn beetles...

New page: drgoo/vita

Random d/c for anyone who tried to join...Try again!

Top Bottom