• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

So.. Newegg has no idea what is going on with my order :( UPS updated the tracking with yet another "Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control" ... Ugh. The thing is, the price point for the Mercenary Edition after that Newegg coupon was golden for me, so I'm going to stick it out so I can get the best price - even though the wait is excruciating.

I got it From Newegg on Tuesday, but part of that was that I am in Memphis, so shipping from that distribution center is almost always a given.

What stinks is that I have been sick the last few days and have been unable to play :(

Feeling better today so add me and I will adventure!

PSN:Zippedpinhead

I got it From Newegg on Tuesday, but part of that was that I am in Memphis, so shipping from that distribution center is almost always a given.

What stinks is that I have been sick the last few days and have been unable to play :(

Feeling better today so add me and I will adventure!

PSN:Zippedpinhead

Mine was supposed to ship from there too but it's shipping to me in NJ... everything has been fine since yesterday though -_- Unless they're trying to say they lost it, wouldn't they have to actually claim it being lost or damaged though?

Roubjon

I emailed Newegg about my situation and they said that even though I pre-ordered August 6th I still got bumped. They still "have not received any update or notice about the stock for the time being." Argh.

Well, Virtue's Last Reward came in today, so if Ragnarok Odyssey doesn't restock by the time I finish that I'll just order it from Amazon, even though I really want to play it. I'm seriously aching for a hunting game, or hell, even a game that uses the analog sticks.

I emailed Newegg about my situation and they said that even though I pre-ordered August 6th I still got bumped. They still "have not received any update or notice about the stock for the time being." Argh.

Well, Virtue's Last Reward came in today, so if Ragnarok Odyssey doesn't restock by the time I finish that I'll just order it from Amazon, even though I really want to play it. I'm seriously aching for a hunting game, or hell, even a game that uses the analog sticks.

Thats why I ended up grabbing it on PSN. They can't seem to have any real info on it.

Caelestis

I like how this game got shipped on Monday from Newegg just to get lost in the hurricane Sandy limbo, yet ZoE got shipped two days later from them as well and it has already arrived. Rawr! :[

Lockon

Still don't know when Newegg will ship my Mercenary edition...I should have been playing this and DJ Max Technika by now, but noooo everything got delay and no word yet.

Emitan

Make a room Emilie

Just did.

8145038243_4bd5b71d5a_b.jpg
Meow :3

I ordered on Aug 3rd with one of their $10 off deals and I'm in the same boat :(

I don't want to buy now from somewhere else and lose the deal. I just that hope this doesn't happen with any the other preorders I have with them.

should have joined you guy at lunch. maybe another day. Is there anyway to go through your spoils at the end of the lvl? I see you can move left/right between the types but cannot seemd to be able to select the individual stuff i e a card.

pyrandes

should have joined you guy at lunch. maybe another day. Is there anyway to go through your spoils at the end of the lvl? I see you can move left/right between the types but cannot seemd to be able to select the individual stuff i e a card.

Hit the Send option, itll allow you to browse thru each individual category for your items and send them to your closet/stash

scy

Looks like my copy is out for delivery. Hooray!

Now I just need to find the time to actually play it...

Ok, picked this up. I played RAG:Online for about three weeks years ago. Not sure if this will be my cup of tea but I've always wanted to try a Monster Hunter style of game and I was a fan of PSO years ago. Being accessible is a plus.

Emitan

The two are vastly different. This one rewards you. RO punches you in the groin repeatedly and laughs as you try try try to get a card to drop.

Yeah but I like how it looks. Maybe I should install it and never play it like I do with every MMO.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I don't even think the monsters from Ragnarok Online are the same. Except the porings at least.

I've seen spores, angelings, and drops. And I think the ants are in RO, just look different.

Honestly, if you want to play RO, play a high rate private server, or maybe a medium. But it will get boring really quick. It's very repetitive and grindy. And it's the original hat collecting game, which also has low drops like cards. I think they have official f2p servers but from what I've heard they're the original rates which means it'll take you hours to get anywhere.

Prinny

I ordered on Aug 3rd with one of their $10 off deals and I'm in the same boat :(

I don't want to buy now from somewhere else and lose the deal. I just that hope this doesn't happen with any the other preorders I have with them.
I hope you'll get it soon. Once you have it we could play together, if you want :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't even think the monsters from Ragnarok Online are the same. Except the porings at least.

Some similarities as pointed out above (and there are def more), but there are a lot of different monsters, too. It's a nice change. I'd LOVE to see some of the later bosses appear as DLC, though...Stormy, Turtle General, Phreeoni, etc.

I will pay lots and lots of monies if this game releases tasty DLC.

Torraz

Grr. This is one of those moments where I hate my PAL PSN account and the vita's account system. It's only PSP games though, so I am still kinda tempted to switch to a US account, but getting accesss to PSN cards would be annoying and if I ever wanted to play stuff from the PAL account I would have to switch again...

On the other hand, direct access to VLR, this, and the recent atlus PSP games :|....

Toki767

Grr. This is one of those moments where I hate my PAL PSN account and the vita's account system. It's only PSP games though, so I am still kinda tempted to switch to a US account, but getting accesss to PSN cards would be annoying and if I ever wanted to play stuff from the PAL account I would have to switch again...

On the other hand, direct access to VLR, this, and the recent atlus PSP games :|....

You must play VLR with Aksys' localization. It's simply amazing. Better than the Japanese voices. Also, I think the dollar sucks so badly that buying off the US Store would actually end up saving you money in the long run lol

Iresecia

Neo Member
Kinda sad that I can only wear one headgear. What if I want a hat and toast in my mouth? Not that I can make toast yet...

Toki767

The DLC list for this game is sadly very little. Although it's nice to see most of the DLC is free with the exception of like 4 hats.

Torraz

You must play VLR with Aksys' localization. It's simply amazing. Better than the Japanese voices. Also, I think the dollar sucks so badly that buying off the US Store would actually end up saving you money in the long run lol

Hmm, interesting. On the other hand, if the regular PS+ is any indication, a PAL account might be the better choice in that regard.

Grr, **** this one-account system.

My local store actually sells US (vita) games but hasn't gotten either VLR or Ragnarok in yet :/. I think I should just be patient.

Toki767

Hmm, interesting. On the other hand, if the regular PS+ is any indication, a PAL account might be the better choice in that regard.

Grr, **** this one-account system.

My local store actually sells US (vita) games but hasn't gotten either VLR or Ragnarok in yet :/. I think I should just be patient.

PS+ is definitely better in Europe. You know what the real answer is? Buy a second Vita.

I just spoke with a guy from UPS and he said they started things back up yesterday, they were completely shut down monday and tuesday. He said it should still be en route, that it's just taking longer because of Sandy... :( the tracking still says EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL... ughhh :|

Torraz

PS+ is definitely better in Europe. You know what the real answer is? Buy a second Vita.

Haha, those white vitas really do look very nice, but I'm way too cash strapped for shenanigans like this at the moment. I'll try going with patience for a while longer. If Ragnarok did not have an online component I guess I could simply buy VLR and ragnarok on the US PSN, play through them and switch back to EU mode for PS+, but I think ragnarok will be a game i'll be returning to in the future.

Doombear

So seeing as how I may not have this until next week now, and you crazy kids will be over it by then (=P) what are lobbies looking like just in general? For just random pickups to play with?

I tend to solo offline (or online when it is possible) in MonHun, but kinda want to force myself not to. You all seem to have such fun ha. So just curious how many lobbies there appear to be, how hard some of you might be finding to just jump into any ol random game online.

Also I want a Devil Ears... or a Bapho Helm.

Toki767

Haha, those white vitas really do look very nice, but I'm way too cash strapped for shenanigans like this at the moment. I'll try going with patience for a while longer. If Ragnarok did not have an online component I guess I could simply buy VLR and ragnarok on the US PSN, play through them and switch back to EU mode for PS+, but I think ragnarok will be a game i'll be returning to in the future.

I definitely recommend both. How much would you be paying for the US copies anyways?

So seeing as how I may not have this until next week now, and you crazy kids will be over it by then (=P) what are lobbies looking like just in general? For just random pickups to play with?

I tend to solo offline (or online when it is possible) in MonHun, but kinda want to force myself not to. You all seem to have such fun ha. So just curious how many lobbies there appear to be, how hard some of you might be finding to just jump into any ol random game online.

Also I want a Devil Ears... or a Bapho Helm.

Online lobbies are very random. Lots of new people and very little people above Chapter 5.

Iresecia

Neo Member

I think you can get the same effect by just having a second memory card since the PSN accounts are bound to memory cards, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It'd be a cheaper alternative than getting a second Vita.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Actually, quite a lot of them are the same.

The Wolves are the same as the wolves in RO. Grizzly's are the same, too.
The Pigs are a take on RO's Savages.
The Orcs are the same. Orc Hero and King = Orc Hero and Lord.
Spores are the same. The Flying enemies could be a modified Chonchon. MoiMoi's are sure to be a derivitave of RO's "Lunatics".
Raydrics!

There are a lot of Original monsters, however (Like the Giants, and many of the Bosses). But it's very cool how the throwback enemies not only copy the basic design of RO enemies, but also their idle and attack animations, and even their loot.

Top Bottom