• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Torraz

I think you can get the same effect by just having a second memory card since the PSN accounts are bound to memory cards, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It'd be a cheaper alternative than getting a second Vita.

I think you still have to do a factory reset to switch memory cards/accounts though, right?

I definitely recommend both. How much would you be paying for the US copies anyways?

Online lobbies are very random. Lots of new people and very little people above Chapter 5.

Around what I'd be paying for importing a hard copy from the US.

The problem would more be switching back and forth between accounts (resetting everything, rearranging icons, always watching that bloody intro movie, re-inputting the wifi data etc).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not even on Chapter 2. :/
I've been replaying missions for no reason. Old grinding habits die hard.

Yeah - since I'm not even to the point where crafting requires grinding (ala Monster Hunter), I'm not replaying anything. I've replayed 2 missions total - the first one and the Extra mission, both as a Hammersmith. I wanted to try it out (as I'm playing a Hunter). After that, it's just been pushing forward on the current missions.

kiyomi

Grr. This is one of those moments where I hate my PAL PSN account and the vita's account system. It's only PSP games though, so I am still kinda tempted to switch to a US account, but getting accesss to PSN cards would be annoying and if I ever wanted to play stuff from the PAL account I would have to switch again...

On the other hand, direct access to VLR, this, and the recent atlus PSP games :|....

Agreed, desperate to get my hands on this.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could get US PSN cards easier and my friends list could transfer across. Instead I'm sitting here like a chump waiting for either an import copy or months and months for the EU to get their stuff together

Iresecia

Neo Member
I think you still have to do a factory reset to switch memory cards/accounts though, right?

Around what I'd be paying for importing a hard copy from the US.

The problem would more be switching back and forth between accounts (resetting everything, rearranging icons, always watching that bloody intro movie, re-inputting the wifi data etc).

I remember asking about this before and someone said they kept a 4GB memory card for the purpose of friends and family being able to play without messing with his trophies. I never asked if he had to do a factory reset, but maybe someone knows.

Well I talked to UPS online (I saw the truck driver earlier) and they have no idea if it's in the Memphis center or if it was en route. Sigh what a disaster, they've never let me down this bad before. The sad part is my zip code isn't even in the shut down zip codes, far from them in fact ... AFAIK everything outside of North Jersey/Jersey Coast is fine now. I guess this will give me more time to finish other games before RO takes over my life :\

Torraz

I remember asking about this before and someone said they kept a 4GB memory card for the purpose of friends and family being able to play without messing with his trophies. I never asked if he had to do a factory reset, but maybe someone knows.

I'd be very interested in an answer to that.

Noi

So this just happened.

8145572051_0962bc9245_z.jpg

Looks like you CAN trade using Near, even with people who aren't local. Just gotta have people who play the game on your friend list when you hit "send to near". Nice find!
(That's Oyashiro-sama, if you didn't know. :V)

Iresecia

Neo Member
Looks like you CAN trade using Near, even with people who aren't local. Just gotta have people who play the game on your friend list when you hit "send to near". Nice find!

I've gotten stuff from people who didn't live by me before via near. Does adding the equipment to near remove it from your inventory?

got my merc edition. There is a small crease on the merc box and the top is beaten up. All of the stuff inside is still in top condition though. So I might just keep it.

O well

Toki767

That's good news. Now hook me up with some nice Chapter 6+ swords. :)

After playing this and ACIII back and forth, it's crazy how much of a difference native res makes in a game.

Been enjoying this a lot. The gameplay is a lot faster than I expected. Not sure how I feel about the non-leveling up system, though.

Noi

I've gotten stuff from people who didn't live by me before via near. Does adding the equipment to near remove it from your inventory?

I just tested it, and the weapon I added to near didn't get removed. So I guess it's basically gifting copies of a weapon/card you already have to friends, which is nice!

That's good news. Now hook me up with some nice Chapter 6+ swords. :)

Chapter 5-9 is a roadblock. :(

The thing i realized with orc king is, I tend to want to do air attacks, but I realize you can break his shit on the ground as well.

But seriously though, the lack of loading between screens, and the minimum loading and native res and super solid framerate....

I do agree with Sterling, this is one of the better vita games out there. Portable games aren't about graphics, but more about snappiness and quick loading.

Torraz

It's definitely possible to use a different account on a different card, but it's locked to one account per card and you do have to go through something of a lengthy process each time you want to change accounts/cards

There are guides on the internet, it's not difficult, but it involves deactivating the console and such

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DWsKE6tStQ

Why, Sony :(

Thanks. I was aware of that process as I have already changed a few times back and forth between my US and EU accounts. It's a hassle though, especially that intro video and inputting that wifi pass code, in addition to rearranging my icons and changing the backgrounds.

Toki767

The thing i realized with orc king is, I tend to want to do air attacks, but I realize you can break his shit on the ground as well.

But seriously though, the lack of loading between screens, and the minimum loading and native res and super solid framerate....

I do agree with Sterling, this is one of the better vita games out there. Portable games aren't about graphics, but more about snappiness and quick loading.

Yeah, this game really does have that pick up and play aspect that even Monster Hunter doesn't really have at times. Fast paced things you can play for 5 minutes at a time when you have time to kill type of stuff.

Noi

YEAAAAAH.

8145678476_34017d36c6_z.jpg

WHOSE YOUR DADDY.

8145647939_d2313f5b77_z.jpg

(I won without dying or using a potion. I can hardly believe it myself.)

Emitan

I need to farm 3-3 so I can upgrade my mace. Already at quest 4-9 before realizing where Proud Crests come from...

pyrandes

I need to farm 3-3 so I can upgrade my mace. Already at quest 4-9 before realizing where Proud Crests come from...
I need to find out where rusty iron can be gotten. Last thing i need to upgrade my sword some more.

Also need hero gauntlets.. But i know where to get those. That fight is a bastard.

Noi

Chapter 5-10's boss is such goddamn bullshit.

/rant

Edit:

8145825951_0693749059_z.jpg

I'm not looking forward to the eventual rematch.

OmegaZero

I'm at 1-4. :3
Haven't been playing much though.

EDIT: Just got my ass handed to me by a pissed-off grizzly in the first Extra Quest.
Whoa.

btkadams

agh i feel like i have been missing out so much! i am going to play this for the first time this evening. i'd love to join up with people if they are down for playing with a noob. actually, maybe i'll save that for the weekend after i get the hang of playing the game a bit. i have a feeling tonight will be tutorial heavy.

Managed to get the last Mercenary Edition at my EBGames without a preorder!! Now to decide whether to go Mage or Assassin on my first character. =D

satori

i r sad....one of the main reasons why I got a vita was for this game. And some jerk stole my vita from my backpack while in class...fukin ninjas!!! My game barely came too so here I am with the game but nothing to play it on....sad panda.....

ZeroAKA

I just found out that Tavern quests are more difficult than Guild quests. I was wondering why I've been having such a difficult time progressing in this game...

Toki767

I just found out that Tavern quests are more difficult than Guild quests. I was wondering why I've been having such a difficult time progressing in this game...

Yeah, I think they're like 25% more in the Tavern. Definitely made for multiplayer.

Roubjon

Hey, I was charged with my Newegg order a little while ago! Hopefully this means it will ship out tomorrow. Can't wait to Hammersmith my way to victory and pound some heads in.

Top Bottom