• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Kazzy

I was madam death in that drgoo room, had a blast with onix? Whoever that is on GAF lol

image.php

Edit: Beaten by seconds, SECONDS!

pyrandes

So that big bird for 4-10..not too bad on SP... took it out like last week's trash. and dropped the item i needed for some upgrades too. bonus!

That would be me! I was wondering who I was playing with, haha.

For reference, Onix = Noi X. Assassin Cross and all that. :) Makes it annoying to claim online cause it's also a Pokemon name.

Ahhhh okay well good fun! Sorry my gf wanted to Skype and my vita is my Skype machine lol

If anyone wishes to add me, I am, unsurprisingly, SpaceDrake on PSN. I'll be happy to heal people or serve as a dagger-armed distraction and die horribly. :V

ss_lemonade

Wow, didn't know this was from the same universe as ragnarok online (silly me for not reading). Plus if I'm not mistakened, its got some classic music too like the prontera theme? Looks like I just found my next vita game purchase

Noi

Wow, didn't know this was from the same universe as ragnarok online (silly me for not reading). Plus if I'm not mistakened, its got some classic music too like the prontera theme? Looks like I just found my next vita game purchase

Yup! I don't have all the music, but I can at least confirm the following RO tracks:
-Peaceful Forest
-I Miss You
-Tread on the Ground
-Theme of Prontera
-Great Honor
-Divine Grace
-Streamside
-Theme of Geffen
-Theme of Payon
-Labyrinth
-Under the Ground
-Ancient Groover
-Through the Tower
-Travel
-Plateau
-Nano East

And the tracks are numbered, so I'm still missing huge chunks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Damage is so low. Playing solo Hunter is a humbling experience into the end of Chapter 3. There's no way I could comfortably solo those areas.

Noi

Damage is so low. Playing solo Hunter is a humbling experience into the end of Chapter 3. There's no way I could comfortably solo those areas.

I kept wondering if marathoning the stages with you was such a good idea, haha. I was definitely worried that you weren't keeping up with weapon upgrades by that point, and you're going to need to swap to a giant killer to start fighting those things.

Edit: what the christ is this thing

8146913401_140653539a_z.jpg

Noi

Argh, if one thing aggrivates me it's that there's no easy way to message people in-game making this harder than it should be. ;.; We can try again tomorrow or something.

Haha, that's fine! If anything you can just shout out to any of the people in the thread, you might even be better off pairing up with someone who isn't 4 chapters ahead.

finally got some time in today, took out ch2's big bird.

For some reason, mage just randomly 'clicked' for me. There ground combos are pretty terrible, but triangle triangle circle in the air is extremely good for crowd management (and for killing those asshole beetles that are super annoying), and they aren't too shabby bossers.

I wish I have a clue wtf the 2 buffs do though. POS manual :S

A6rehhFCQAAOQ_v.jpg

Do hats do anything? can you stick cards on them?

rockx4

I just unlocked class change and tried every class for a few missions. I just can't get a feel for the other classes. I started as Sword Warrior though.

Edit: Favorite is Sword Warrior

Noi

Do hats do anything? can you stick cards on them?

Purely cosmetic. It seems the name of the game is allowing you to fully pick and choose/customize your appearance however you want without having to sacrifice functionality, though not all the armors expand with the same items.

Noi

Man, why do none of the big trophy sites have the english version of the trophy list? I've gotten all of my current ones without looking them up, but I'm curious about the last hidden trophy on the list. Japanese text says something about HP.

This game hates me for choosing a hunter. I can never get a bow drop.

Amen, brother! All I get are swords and hammers.

I said the same thing about Katars. The game hates giving you weapons for the job you're using period. :p

Wahz

Man, why do none of the big trophy sites have the english version of the trophy list? I've gotten all of my current ones without looking them up, but I'm curious about the last hidden trophy on the list. Japanese text says something about HP.

Healing parties members with total of 100000HP (by magic or potion with specific card)

Toki767

Party members? Does that include yourself?

...If not, I'm gonna have to steal Emilie's job and start playing Cleric.

People other than yourself lol. There's an ability on a card that will heal people when you drink potions. Just use that.

Noi

People other than yourself lol. There's an ability on a card that will heal people when you drink potions. Just use that.

I've seen that, but the only card with that ability that I've gotten also reduces the effectiveness of potions. Its dumb! :(

Toki767

So how is MP? it is easy to partner with friends, are random people usual internet jerks?

Pretty easy to group with friends. You can put a password on the room if you don't want unwanted company. The random people I've played with are friendly though.

Noi

So uh...this guy doesn't look so tough...
http://i.imgur.com/DAXkf.jpg[/IM]

Until you get up close to him and realize how tall the guy is...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CFgUs.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xoVVr.jpg

No problem.

Noi

Bah. I could only hit him for 20s and 30s. I probably need a new weapon or should refine the one I have.

You will feel really silly upon this revelation. I know I did.
You aren't limited to double jumps during bosses with special aura tension.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I kept wondering if marathoning the stages with you was such a good idea, haha. I was definitely worried that you weren't keeping up with weapon upgrades by that point, and you're going to need to swap to a giant killer to start fighting those things.

Edit: what the christ is this thing

8146913401_140653539a_z.jpg

Zombie bear?

And yeah, I'm going back and replaying stages here and there to beg for drops. Having the stages available is nice, though. :)

Mondriaan

Amen, brother! All I get are swords and hammers.
All my chapter 1-3 bow drops have been uniformly awful.

Possibly my best weapon drop so far is a magical staff with above average damage (for a staff) and two positive skills, one of them being potion splash. With that skill it seems that everyone in the entire area gets the same benefit from potions as the person (with the potion splash skill) quaffing it.

I suck as a mage, though. Everyone else I played with had close to 100% health during most of the quests, but I'm chugging potions to keep my health above 50% and only healing 1% damage to the rest of the party.

Awesome find, I'll add that interview to the OP.

Also, UPS is making me want to kill myself. Now I have this update:

"ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS[X]"

URHGRHGHGHRG!!!!!! Since it was updated at 5 AM (like the two previous weather updates) I assume it's just automated across the entire facility's shipments. I just can't forsee how they literally can't ship it unless bridges were taken out or the entire facility was damaged/out of power.. it's in TN, not New York -_- I'm pretty sure everything west of Philadelphia is perfectly fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
All my chapter 1-3 bow drops have been uniformly awful.

Possibly my best weapon drop so far is a magical staff with above average damage (for a staff) and two positive skills, one of them being potion splash. With that skill it seems that everyone in the entire area gets the same benefit from potions as the person (with the potion splash skill) quaffing it.

I suck as a mage, though. Everyone else I played with had close to 100% health during most of the quests, but I'm chugging potions to keep my health above 50% and only healing 1% damage to the rest of the party.

Yup - my bows are terrible. Literally terrible.

I'm going to be farming some 3-x stuff today after work though. I've got the nicer versions of every weapon (basic stuff sells for 100z, these sell for 500z) except a bow. Farming ahoy!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a couple of cards that buff up the party, the only catch is that I have to die first!

So ridiculous sometimes, haha. I wish there was a fusion system of sorts (or a forge ala GW2) to use the shitty cards and weapons we find to try and build better items. I've got a hammer I found with Def Down Lv2 and a trait that makes you more prone to bind. Why would you ever want that? The only positive thing about it is that it has slightly higher attack than other hammers of that level.

Top Bottom