• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Noi

Ooh, didn't know about the chapter affecting card abilities. But then again I'm only on Chapter 2. >.>

How long do the trade offers at the card counter last? Do they get rerolled when you go on a quest?

I think so? Maybe the last longer, but I don't trade often so I couldn't tell you. I mostly use it to get cards from monsters I haven't had drop before.

Do the expansions you buy from the tailor carry over to other armor?

Nope, just for that armor. The new armor sets you get usually start at the same or higher capacity than the older ones though, so unless you went into heavy duty material farming to expand capacity to it's very limit, you shouldn't have a problem switching between clothes.

Is there any reason to keep crap weapons? I mean is there a way to disassemble them for mats or anything?

Abilities on a weapon are improved once you refine them to +9, and you can then break the weapon and turn the abilities into a card. Personally, I automatically sell anything that has a negative ability, so I'm never short on money since most of the weapons I find now sell for 1000-1500 zenny.

garath

Game arrived :) Did the first 2 missions over lunch. I'm really liking the combat over Monster Hunter.

Getting a hang of the combat. It's pretty involved with the juggling and dashes. Definitely liking it.

Noi

what are you doing deviruchi

8148383778_c3f37bbe45_z.jpg

you aren't even in this game. silly deviruchi

Lockon

Finally my order is shipped! But still won't get it until next week :( It's being send from NJ, I guess their TN warehouse run out of stock.

Noi

And someone answer this mans question! How much content is there in this game in hours? Asked that a few times already, but no one seems to have read anything.

9 Chapters, with a boatload of Extra Missions that make the Story chapters seem tame by comparison. It's hard to gauge in "hours" because it all depends on how quickly to adapt to the game's combat, what job you pick, whether you choose to solo everything or play with groups, etc.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
9 Chapters, with a boatload of Extra Missions that make the Story chapters seem tame by comparison. It's hard to gauge in "hours" because it all depends on how quickly to adapt to the game's combat, what job you pick, whether you choose to solo everything or play with groups, etc.

Solo mostly, and I just need a rough estimate. Am I looking at a 40 hour game or a 400 hour game here?

Noi

Solo mostly, and I just need a rough estimate. Am I looking at a 40 hour game or a 400 hour game here?

I'm currently sitting at 29:30 myself, at Chapter 7. Though I've been dabbling at everything: getting materials for upgrades, playing online with GAF, re-doing solo missions for money, etc. I highly doubt I'd have gotten to Chapter 7 on my own without picking a job like Assassin.

So if you're just looking to beat the game, I'm gonna ballpark it at maybe 40 hours? I don't know how much harder the chapters are gonna get from my point on, and they're already pretty tough.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm currently sitting at 29:30 myself, at Chapter 7. Though I've been dabbling at everything: getting materials for upgrades, playing online with GAF, re-doing solo missions for money, etc. I highly doubt I'd have gotten to Chapter 7 on my own without picking a job like Assassin.

So if you're just looking to beat the game, I'm gonna ballpark it at maybe 40 hours? I don't know how much harder the chapters are gonna get from my point on, and they're already pretty tough.

Thats what I wanted to know, thanks :)

Toma

Maybe you can ask in a month or two when there are actually people who are finished with the game.

Of course I am aware that people might not have finished it yet. I was referring to the fact that people might have read something about the length in reviews or asian impressions.

Not unreasonable I'd say with the asian version being already out for, you might have guessed it, "a month or two." :p

Mondriaan

Of course I am aware that people might not have finished it yet. I was referring to the fact that people might have read something about the length in reviews or asian impressions.

Not unreasonable I'd say with the asian version being out for 2 months now.
Not sure why you think it would be useful for people to discuss something that they might have read about other people playing the Asian version. I guess we could discuss how long a speed run is as an indication of game length while we're at it.

AwRy108

Keep failing the first "Extra Mission" when I get to the boss bear-thingy BECAUSE THE CAMERA BLOWS IN THIS GAME. Why did they create an action-RPG that requires lots of dashing and dodging, and then make some of the environments tiny with lots of places to get hung up on.

POOR GAME DESIGN.

I've played hundreds of hours of PSO, PSP, and PSP2, and never had nearly this many issues with the camera or environments... and lock-on does not alleviate the issue!

Ryuukan

My current problem is the second extra misssion, 10-2, the orc king and hero. Failed it about 10 times now with 4 man online parties. :(

Toma

Not sure why you think it would be useful for people to discuss something that they might have read about other people playing the Asian version. I guess we could discuss how long a speed run is as an indication of game length while we're at it.

You sure are a smartass, huh.

1. I wasnt trying to stir up a discussion, but merely asked a simple question. Big difference.

2. I asked a question, someone gave me a perfectly valid answer and I am satisfied. We might even have people on here who played the asian version! :-o Shocking, I know! Besides I never asked for a speedrun time and you obviously have nothing substantial to provide to my question and simply aim to downplay the importance this question may have to me, so please shut up :)

Oooh and, just fyi:
There are websites that collect information like that because obviously not everyone has the same opinion as you do and may find that important. Shocking², I know!

P90

I am disappointed in the game. It is just meh for me. No story. Bleh characters. battle system is ok. I'm just not feelin' it.

Where is my Phantasy Star Vita in the same vein as PSP 1 and 2?

Tizoc

I'm rather confused about how the gameplay progression goes with this title.
Basically I just battle enemies, collect their drops/loot and then use what they drop to upgrade my armor and stats?

Mondriaan

2. I asked a question, someone gave me a perfectly valid answer and I am satisfied. We might even have people on here who played the asian version! :-o Shocking, I know! Besides I never asked for a speedrun time and you obviously have nothing substantial to provide to my question and simply aim to downplay the importance this question may have to me, so please shut up :)

Oooh and, just fyi:
There are websites that collect information like that because obviously not everyone has the same opinion as you do and may find that important. Shocking², I know!
You sure took a two line reply personally. It should be obvious that there are a lot of different factors in play for game length and I mentioned speed runs as an example of this. If you're looking for an "average player" hour count, maybe you should wait for them to finish, wiseguy.
B} (Deal with it.)

It's not even clear how you're going to measure something like "hours to complete" when many reports indicate that many people found that the game got too difficult at the end and stopped playing. Given that most people already don't "finish" the games that they get, are you looking for the amount of time people spend before they move on or how many hours completionists take or what? You don't say, so a smartass answer is in order (my other answer was taking how long it took to do chapter 1 and multiplying by 9).

Toma

Edit: Nvm. Blatant stupidity isnt worth sidetracking this thread even more. For the next time someone asks the same thing, just refrain from posting. There are people understanding the question, and you apparently dont.

depward

Was a hammersmith through 2-3. Tried swordsman - hey! I can damage mobs for around the same amount of damage but 5x faster!

I'm a hammer user in MonHun but it seems like - though still early in the game - the hammersmith doesn't deal as much damage as other classes.

Mondriaan

Was a hammersmith through 2-3. Tried swordsman - hey! I can damage mobs for around the same amount of damage but 5x faster!

I'm a hammer user in MonHun but it seems like - though still early in the game - the hammersmith doesn't deal as much damage as other classes.
I did a boss online playing as a mage with a sword warrior partner and the same quest with a hammersmith partner. The sword warrior run went faster, but I think the hammersmith run resulted in breaking more boss parts.

you gotta take advantage of the drill spin thing, and it's all about timing cuz you can't cancel out of wind up.

easily the hardest class imo.

maybe, hunter, dont know.

Noi

Hammersmith makes up for it with a much, MUCH higher Stun rate, being able to break boss parts faster, has wide, sweeping attacks that can hit groups at once and super armor for his attacks, as well as having the best launchers in the game. By comparison, the Assassin has probably the best DPS in the game in air and ground, but I will never stun anything, I can't touch things more than an inch away from me and my only launcher is terrible.

Top Bottom