• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

garath

Fun stuff! I've been playing my assassin. I'm on 2-3 or something like that. It's a little rough, I have to get used to using the right combos. A lot of times I'm just button mashing and I get locked in some crazy long combo when I need to dash away. Whoops lol.

So really the only "grinding" for power is the cards and maybe a lucky weapon drop? Progression is the best power gain?

I need 1 more Fine Fur to max out my outfit. I have one and it says it's a quest reward item. Problem is I don't know which quest. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh and how much do you need to upgrade a weapon before you can turn it into a card? And how do you do that?

Alchemy

I got in some play time last night, played a couple of the main quests and tried the first side quest and barely failed. I jumped the gun and tried the side quest after completing 1-1, so I really had no idea what I was doing. Got squished by a bear ass.

The only thing I think will take some getting used to is holding L to initiate lock on. The delay screws with my timing since I'm so used to Z targeting in Zelda being instant.

Toki767

I got in some play time last night, played a couple of the main quests and tried the first side quest and barely failed. I jumped the gun and tried the side quest after completing 1-1, so I really had no idea what I was doing. Got squished by a bear ass.

The only thing I think will take some getting used to is holding L to initiate lock on. The delay screws with my timing since I'm so used to Z targeting in Zelda being instant.

I don't use lock on at all. Kind of annoying and not needed when you can manually control the camera.

Alchemy

I don't use lock on at all. Kind of annoying and not needed when you can manually control the camera.

I was starting to do this on smaller and easier to kill mobs, but still trying to use it with more involved fights. Going to need to find a good balance.

Raxious

are there any codes with the mercenary edition, and is it worth the buy vs de normal edition? keep in mind that eu prices are 49,99 for the normal and 69,99 for the mercenary edition.

Reason I'm asking about the codes is because I heard something about the Hong Kong version having a Gunslinger code.

Toki767

are there any codes with the mercenary edition, and is it worth the buy vs de normal edition? keep in mind that eu prices are 49,99 for the normal and 69,99 for the mercenary edition.

Reason I'm asking about the codes is because I heard something about the Hong Kong version having a Gunslinger code.

There aren't any codes. The guide book looks really useful though and the cards are pretty cool. All the DLC in the HK version is already included in the US version.

garath

I was starting to do this on smaller and easier to kill mobs, but still trying to use it with more involved fights. Going to need to find a good balance.

So far I've only been using lock on for the annoying straggler flying mob and bosses. I like always facing the boss mobs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Mine is still stuck in Secacus. I called them up and they said that they are having delays because two of the shipping facilities were hit by the hurricane.

So I'm guessing one of the ones closer to Philly from Edison was hit.

I swear I'll have P4G before RO at this point.

So for 6-10
First attack the shoulders then attack the head for max damage. Hitting the head without destroying the shoulders will kill you.

Actually super easy when you know that. Also anyone got a great splash potion card they wanna share?

Foxix Von

WOO! Just got my Swanky Merc edition. :D

Annd the box box is... a little worse for wear but it's at least not completely demolished like someone's was. And... holy crap is the CD a bitch to get out.

I'll hop on pretty soon! My tag is Fireclad

WOO! Just got my Swanky Merc edition. :D

Annd the box box is... a little worse for wear but it's at least not completely demolished like someone's was. And... holy crap is the CD a bitch to get out.

I'll hop on pretty soon! My tag is Fireclad

I just picked up my merc. edition too - took some pics of the outer box being smushed in the corners/edges :\ The inner contents were perfect though but still ... why did Newegg ship them in friggen bubble envelopes?

ZeroAKA

Is anybody else getting the same items from the same people on Near over and over again? It's kind of annoying to receive 14 game goods only to find out that 13 of them are old Ragnarok Odyssey items and the other one is a Treasure Park sheet. :/

Ponn

Banned
Is anybody else getting the same items from the same people on Near over and over again? It's kind of annoying to receive 14 game goods only to find out that 13 of them are old Ragnarok Odyssey items and the other one is a Treasure Park sheet. :/

I'm getting different items, only had one repeat so far Death Rock card. Coolest item so far is the Rad Staff, because its so...rad.

Now I just need the game, hurry the frick up with my 20 bucks Sony!

What happened to the card drops? After chapter 5 I have barely found any dropped cards. I did get a pretty friggin sweet drop from the Lizard in the 3rd extra quest. Basically puts my character in a very high tension state the whole quest and makes it so I do a lot of extra damage.

I seem to be getting the same items from the same 3 people.

Mondriaan

What happened to the card drops? After chapter 5 I have barely found any dropped cards. I did get a pretty friggin sweet drop from the Lizard in the 3rd extra quest. Basically puts my character in a very high tension state the whole quest and makes it so I do a lot of extra damage.
I think card drops are mostly random. The quests that involve killing large numbers of enemies tend to have more card drops in my experience.

Last night I was psyched about finding a mace with a level 5 strong sanctuary on it until I found out that the cap on health healed by a sanctuary per "tick" is 777. I think I have a different weapon that makes the ticks shorter. Need to give that one a whirl.

I think card drops are mostly random. The quests that involve killing large numbers of enemies tend to have more card drops in my experience.

Last night I was psyched about finding a mace with a level 5 strong sanctuary on it until I found out that the cap on health healed by a sanctuary per "tick" is 777. I think I have a different weapon that makes the ticks shorter. Need to give that one a whirl.

That's helpful to know. I had no idea there was a cap. Do you remember the name of the skill that makes the ticks shorter? I have a card that improves charging time of the mace and costs 10, but I can't really appreciate any difference in the charge time to activate the sanctuary.

Mondriaan

That's helpful to know. I had no idea there was a cap. Do you remember the name of the skill that makes the ticks shorter? I have a card that improves charging time of the mace and costs 10, but I can't really appreciate any difference in the charge time to activate the sanctuary.
Improved Sanctuary.

The other skill on that weapon is Gift :/. I'm wondering if there is any chance of picking up a rare card with that skill.

Ch. 6 & 7 have a ton of enemies and have received nothing of value.

garath

Any item drop lists out there? I'm looking for some drenched claws to upgrade my assassin blade to +2. Almost through chap 2 and still no luck. I've got a mage staff up to +2 though :(

I got to play RO for a bit last night - but I want to get my chops before I play online with you guys. I'm so torn - I really want to be a hunter but everyone saying they're really hard to solo with disdained me a bit so I went assassin.

Edit: Screw it I'm remaking my guy as a hunter. I want a challenge >:)

Mikor

I got to play RO for a bit last night - but I want to get my chops before I play online with you guys. I'm so torn - I really want to be a hunter but everyone saying they're really hard to solo with disdained me a bit so I went assassin.

Edit: Screw it I'm remaking my guy as a hunter. I want a challenge >:)

Hopefully its not too late for you to see this, but you can change jobs once you get to Chapter 2. Just tough it through Chapter 1 with your Assassin, and try the Hunter job afterwards!

Hopefully its not too late for you to see this, but you can change jobs once you get to Chapter 2. Just tough it through Chapter 1 with your Assassin, and try the Hunter job afterwards!

Ah nice - I'll just stick it out then. I've been pretty busy at work so I can't get to playing just yet :\

Verelios

Newegg just dropped off my game. Exited to play online, as I've just done 1-1 and 1-2. Damn, gonna get back to it after work.

What's the GAF room?

Grendel is kicking my ass and I keep getting app errors while playing online. Maybe later ill have better luck. As for the room just make one we have been use room gaf and pw vita

Sera O

Banned
I'm still having tons of fun with this. Currently in chapter 4-10 I think, about to serve up some devil-chicken. If anyone is up for multi later or wants some semi-skilled clerical help getting through earlier chapters, let me know. I'll probably be on 8pm pst or so and will check here.

So uh, why are my girlfriend's trophies showing up in Japanese?

I bought off the Canadian PSN and I know others who got the DL version have the Japanese trophies problem too. There's a link up-thread to XSeed forums. They said they were looking for a way to resolve this, but I don't know if they have gotten anywhere. I'm learning to enjoy the nebulous feeling of unspecified achievement.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I bought off the Canadian PSN and I know others who got the DL version have the Japanese trophies problem too. There's a link up-thread to XSeed forums. They said they were looking for a way to resolve this, but I don't know if they have gotten anywhere. I'm learning to enjoy the nebulous feeling of unspecified achievement.

I have the physical version and English trophies but on the Raptr site I think they show in Japanese. Kinda weird lol.

Sera O

Banned
I have the physical version and English trophies but on the Raptr site I think they show in Japanese. Kinda weird lol.

Yeah, it seems that there is something at the network level that causes some people's English trophies to revert to Japanese or something. But. . . when mine pop they are in Japanese - so I have no clue. I haven't checked to see what language they come up as on my PS3 though.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Yeah, it seems that there is something at the network level that causes some people's English trophies to revert to Japanese or something. But. . . when mine pop they are in Japanese - so I have no clue. I haven't checked to see what language they come up as on my PS3 though.
The Raptr trophy page has them listed as Japanese titles but actually have English descriptions.
QfPD8.png
I get this on my Vita though.

Also does anyone need flame pelts? Considering farming a few.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Tired of waiting.

Gonna hit up a Gamestop after work and just grab a copy and when the newegg copy ever comes, it's going back.

Top Bottom