• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

ss_lemonade

Now nearing the end of chapter 3. So far so good, though haven't tried online yet.

So how do we use classic RO BGM? Just keep playing until they get unlocked at the item shop?

Rootbeer

Banned
Been reading this thread off-and-on. Glad so many of you are enjoying it. I came *THIS* close to buying it Saturday... went to gamestop and they had no copies. Got Code Of Princess instead. I might try another gamestop... but I really should just wait until it's on sale at this point... Persona 4 Golden is just days away... I'd have no time :|

Raxious

so I just found out the US version works on a EU vita. now any1 here that has the US version imported and can confirm if it's possible to play online with it on a EU account?

Been reading this thread off-and-on. Glad so many of you are enjoying it. I came *THIS* close to buying it Saturday... went to gamestop and they had no copies. Got Code Of Princess instead. I might try another gamestop... but I really should just wait until it's on sale at this point... Persona 4 Golden is just days away... I'd have no time :|

Funny you say that. I bought this along with Assassin's Creed and NFS, because I was interested in them and because I went for the $100 get $20 back promotion, yet I've barely touched NFS and haven't played AC once because of this game.

I went for the knight outfit and could expand it to 90, so that was nice. Now I'm a mean, lean killing machine. Before it was no problem, but now I was hitting the 8 card max limit. Before where it was a no brainer to use 2 Lv1 Attack up cards rather than a Lv2 one (+20 vs +15) now I have to be more careful and the Lv2 card could make some sense.

Does anyone know what the status effects are? The manual mentions absolutely nothing about what they do.

izWBaTBOXn6Tt.jpg

hello friend (also jesus the vita camera sucks)
It must have been swallowed up in Chinatsu's hair.
Luckily it was not. I wouldn't be able to deal with the hair in my game, especially if it's long pink strands eugh

EDIT: Oh man the Mercenary Guide Book smells fantastic

Alchemy

So my shipment was missent by USPS, Amazon FedExed me a replacement. Going to dig into the game tonight, and probably mail back the first order to Amazon whenever that shows up. Excitement.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I suck so bad at this game.

I -finally- beat Grendel
5-9
. God that feels so good. Took me a bunch of tries and I sweated my last life down to 500 HP or so. Couldn't do it with Assassin or Cleric but finally managed to do it with Sword Warrior. Dude is built like a god damn tank.

sYrYO.gif

they finally have my copy ready for pickup, lucky lucky~

So lucky. Mine hasn't been updated since yesterday when it touched down in Lawnside, NJ. Hoping to see an "Out for Delivery" update tomorrow morning :\ I'm dying to play this game!

In regards to the OT - do you guys think I should add links to wikis, 'gaf impressions, and such?

Noi

So lucky. Mine hasn't been updated since yesterday when it touched down in Lawnside, NJ. Hoping to see an "Out for Delivery" update tomorrow morning :\ I'm dying to play this game!

In regards to the OT - do you guys think I should add links to wikis, 'gaf impressions, and such?

You just need to add a note in the OP saying that you don't need to beat Grendel in 1-6. ;D

I feel for you. You have had one hell of a time trying to get it, hopefully you get it tomorrow. Are their any wikis? I asked a couple pages back.

blackflag

I'm at the end of chapter 3. I still don't understand much about this game. Seems like not much is explained at all but it is still very fun.

Like why on earth would I ever buy a hat? What is tension? Game doesn't explain anything.

Oh god, you guys are really gonna make me purchase this. I've been following the thread silently and every time someone posts a picture, it looks awesome.

Is the online good? is it easy for a new low lvl character to get in? Is it really grindy?

Oh god, you guys are really gonna make me purchase this. I've been following the thread silently and every time someone posts a picture, it looks awesome.

Is the online good? is it easy for a new low lvl character to get in? Is it really grindy?

Online is the best part about it to me. It is dependent on the quality of connection you party mates have. But grouping up and slaying enemies and building a team hit meter above 300 is awesome.

maven

I shot some psn invites to the RO gaffers in the google doc. Will probably trawl through and add some more from this thread.

PSN: maven5000

Cleric is making me lazy. Don't know if I could manage without block/counter and free heals...

Foxix Von

Mine just touched down in my state this morning hopefully I'll see it within the next couple days too :D

My coworker bought a Liberation Vita bundle and then downloaded this and told me he quite enjoyed it, especially as a hardcore Monster Hunter fan. I took a gander through this thread while he was talking to me about it and I couldn't help myself... so I bought it. I just spent a good 30 minutes with it or so and it is quite fun. I really enjoy the combat, because there is a least some depth to it and the controls are extremely responsive. It'll be a tough grind to the upper echelons of gear and the like, but we'll see how things go for now.

Make that Liberation, Most Wanted and now Ragnarok Odyssey in the span of one week for my Vita... ugh, my wallet.

I'm determined to get some sleep tonight so I can play this with some of you tomorrow.

You buy another CE and wait for GameStop to hold it for a week.
dude why you gotta bring up shit memories

But if I do actually do that, I might get dupes! I don't want another Horo Horo card!

Noi

I'm determined to get some sleep tonight so I can play this with some of you tomorrow.

dude why you gotta bring up shit memories

But if I do actually do that, I might get dupes! I don't want another Horo Horo card!

Then you have dupes to actually trade with people!

Ryuukan

Surt...what the hell. I don't even know what to do to begin to start beating him other than attacking his side/back.

Get on burn resist cards, combo in the air repetitively on his side to avoid the lava, and fly high when he turns his hands into spiked maces because the sweep is massive and he brings them back and forth for a sure KO

There's more after him, but luckily he's the hardest imo

So today I got this update from UPS:

11/06/2012 05:13:00 DEPARTURE SCAN PHILADELPHIA, PA, US
11/06/2012 04:48:00 ARRIVAL SCAN PHILADELPHIA, PA, US

WTF? It's being route through Philly to get to my parent's house in south Jersey, AFTER IT WAS IN LAWNSIDE NJ. I'm assuming there was a giant mawing lava pit left behind after Sandy ripped the entire center of New Jersey out, exposing the mantle of the Earth - making it impossible for deliveries to traverse through it.

Ryuukan

So today I got this update from UPS:

WTF? It's being route through Philly to get to my parent's house in south Jersey, AFTER IT WAS IN LAWNSIDE NJ. I'm assuming there was a giant mawing lava pit left behind after Sandy ripped the entire center of New Jersey out, exposing the mantle of the Earth - making it impossible for deliveries to traverse through it.

No offense, but have you tried calling UPS at all to ask about this with a real person? You should stop raging over this and pick up the phone.

PS: My copy was delivered from the Lawnside NJ depot last Wednesday.

No offense, but have you tried calling UPS at all to ask about this with a real person? You should stop raging over this and pick up the phone.

PS: My copy was delivered from the Lawnside NJ depot last Wednesday.

Yup. I did call them and they said they have no way of contacting the actual shipping facility :( They literally said there's no direct way to call them. I think I want to try calling them again today...

I expanded a costume to 95 after being stuck in another at 55 for ages and now I'm cruising through the game, where I was having some real trouble before.

On the more difficult stages I just need to take the potion that ups your hp a lot to get over 5000, which pretty much makes it a cakewalk. Loving the cleric still. I dabbled in the other classes, but free heal is just too nice to pass up (though getting those potion usage trophies is gonna be a bitch).

One think I've never used is the counters though. I mean I got the trophy like everyone else, just playing the game, but I don't know how to do a counter with the cleric. I also very rarely block, since I think the cleric has some surprisingly powerful combos.

Top Bottom