• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Noi

I can finally pretty much solo anything under chapter 9 now lol

It's not so much the bosses, but the mobs they summon that end up pretty much destroying me. I'm agile sure, but if I stop to try to take out one of a swarm of 8, I'm inevitably gonna get smacked, getting hit again once I come out of recovery or just... blah. Not to mention the boss himself isn't gonna give me a break (and if it's Skoll/Hati, can still pelt me with shit from afar...) :(

Toki767

It's not so much the bosses, but the mobs they summon that end up pretty much destroying me. I'm agile sure, but if I stop to try to take out one of a swarm of 8, I'm inevitably gonna get smacked, not to mention the boss himself isn't gonna give me a break (and if it's Skoll/Hati, can still pelt me with shit from afar...) :(

That's where the Sword Warrior comes in handy. When I tried that Skoll/Hati fight, I ignored the wolves and just focused on Skoll/Hati and the smaller wolves were just collateral damage.

Powerwing

Just bought this game (us import of mercenary edition, i'm in euroland ;-)). I hope i will enjoy this game, i'm not used to "monster hunter" kind of games but from what i read from this OT, it should be good.

Why does everyone just stick with 1 class?

I tend to switch it up every mission :X

Mostly because upgrading weapons to level 10 is sort of expensive.

It's not so much the bosses, but the mobs they summon that end up pretty much destroying me. I'm agile sure, but if I stop to try to take out one of a swarm of 8, I'm inevitably gonna get smacked, getting hit again once I come out of recovery or just... blah. Not to mention the boss himself isn't gonna give me a break (and if it's Skoll/Hati, can still pelt me with shit from afar...) :(

That's why I love my cleric. Over 200 defense makes mobs merely an annoyance, plus the free heal is nice (I'm so cheap with potions). The clerics air combos (with hercules lv3) are powerful enough that I've been able to solo everything till chapter 9.

I'm trying to slowly get to chapter 2 - sad I know. I've been so damn busy since I got it @_@ Once I can go hunter I think I want to try finding times I can play online with you guys.. problem is I can usually only do a mission or two at a time :\

hammersmiths2.png

Is it Reyn time?

Whoa whoa, let's not lose our heads though.

Roubjon

I beat the shit out of that Orc King. Hammer to the face all day.

So is there no armor customization in this game? Besides dye and hats?

Kurod

Banned
Anyone getting new near items from me? I hear some people are just receiving the same thing over and over again. I've been trying to change it up every day. Today I'm putting up an "Unstoppable Advance" card. It uses 3 slots but boosts your tension from the start and greatly increases tension gain. I'm at what I assume is full tension almost all the time thanks to this card.

So just curious, has anyone else here been playing the game with Japanese trophies? Because my copy automatically had them. :(

2012-11-08-215757.jpg

2012-11-08-195502.jpg

2012-11-08-195554.jpg

Canadian Mercenary Edition copy if it matters at all.

fernoca

So just curious, has anyone else here been playing the game with Japanese trophies?

*pics*
Mercenary Edition here (Puerto Rico/US), and regular/english trophies.

Reading around, there are a couple of reports:
1. That it seems that the trophies will pop in japanese only if you have your system languange set to anything other than english and 2. that it's a glitch on ther server (that was apparently fixed, but your pics are recent, so that might not be the case).

Here's a post from Gamespot's forums about it.

Ephidel

So just curious, has anyone else here been playing the game with Japanese trophies? Because my copy automatically had them. :(

2012-11-08-195502.jpg

My game only arrived on Wednesday so I haven't had a chance to play very much yet, but I'm having the same thing with mine. EU/UK system, US PSN account, US Mercenary Edition, Japanese Trophies both in game and on the Trophy list.

As a result, I have no idea what trophies I'm getting, but I'm not a big trophy person, so I'm not overly bothered - it just seems rather strange.
I wondered if it was because I had the Japanese demo and a save on my memory stick when I started, but I'm not sure if, why, or how the two would attempt to communicate (and going by the thread you linked, it may be a coincidence anyway, as people there are having the same problem with no demo).

Tillbo

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread but I couldn't find anything...

I'm from Europe and have imported the US Mercenary Edition which is due to arrive any time now.

I intended to play with my Euro PSN account, but will I be able to play online in this case or will I need to create a US PSN account to do this?

I am aware there may be DLC issues but I'm not clear on the online issue?

Tailzo

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread but I couldn't find anything...

I'm from Europe and have imported the US Mercenary Edition which is due to arrive any time now.

I intended to play with my Euro PSN account, but will I be able to play online in this case or will I need to create a US PSN account to do this?

I'm in Europe too. Starting to get hard trying to wait for an euro release. Any news on that?

It's fine. I've played JP games online with my US PSN account and it worked out.

kiyomi

Copy still hasn't arrived and everyone's racing ahead :'(

Here's hoping it arrives soon. I need to kill fat beasties.

Copy still hasn't arrived and everyone's racing ahead :'(

Here's hoping it arrives soon. I need to kill fat beasties.

I'm slowly progressing so you'll be able to play with me :) Also, Newegg had the gall to send this to me:

UPS has notified us that a package, or packages, in an order you placed with Newegg has been delayed due to Hurricane Sandy. We wanted to proactively contact you regarding this delay and provide you with details of the steps we are taking to resolve this issue.

LOL... this is days after I got my copy. I would normally return it because of the damage to the outer box but I'm worried about the stock of the merc. edition, so I'm keeping it. The inner contents were fine.

wow 5-9 Grendal is kicking my butt. I've had the timer get as low as 5 min and he just wont die. I don't understand how sometimes he flies across the area with his body slam and other times he goes straight down. That gets me every time. Any tips I have tried with both a swordsman and as an assassin

Macstorm

Had a great group and did co-op from 6-9 through 8-3 in just an hour and a half yesterday. And then tried tons of different groups on 8-4 and kept getting slaughtered. Well, actually my co-op buddies were mostly the ones dying to that boss. Are there cards that drop your number of lives, because sometimes we'd get a quest failed message after only one death. Not sure what was up with that.

Just switched classes from Assasin to hunter for fun. But I notice you can buy class outfits too, if your a hunter but wear an swordsman outfit does it switch you class?

Also should I be selling all my loot after a quest?

Foxix Von

Woo! Just cleared chapter 1 last night :D I'm having a lot of fun with this as the mechanics start clicking more. Really, really fun and I haven't even started playing multiplayer yet.

Kurod

Banned
wow 5-9 Grendal is kicking my butt. I've had the timer get as low as 5 min and he just wont die. I don't understand how sometimes he flies across the area with his body slam and other times he goes straight down. That gets me every time. Any tips I have tried with both a swordsman and as an assassin
His body slam will home in on you if you are hit by any of his sweat drops when he starts pounding his chest. When you see him start pounding either run away to avoid the sweat or go into DS mode and whale away to hopefully stun him before he can get his body slam off.

Top Bottom