• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Emitan

Just got a new weapon from the blacksmith but I need Hero's Gauntlets to upgrade it. I assume the Orc Hero drops those? I suck at fighting him ;~;

Emitan

I'm hosting a room if anyone wants to join. My internet has been shitting itself this past week so maybe that's why people are having trouble joining my rooms?

I'm hosting a room if anyone wants to join. My internet has been shitting itself this past week so maybe that's why people are having trouble joining my rooms?

I think its been a general issue with the online in this game lately. Usually takes 2 or 3 attempts for anyone to join my rooms or for me to join anyone elses and its been getting worse the last couple days.

Noi

fyi Emilie, the Orc Hero drops the Gauntlet in chapter 4-8. Don't need to do 10-2 to get it. :X

Edit: I get a gauntlet right after we get DC'd on the last attempt. @_@

Iskander

Neo Member
Just got the game from Newegg (finally!). Finished up through 1-5 so far; pretty fun stuff. My first "hunting" game, and we'll see if it stays interesting, but it's a nice looking, easy to play game, which is just what my Vita needed. (Easy as in easy to sit down and play, not necessarily in terms of difficulty...)

Mondriaan

ahhh makes sense. never used that much though, it just drags enemies over, doesn't stun them. just gets them closer when they wack me
The finisher (Heaven's Drive, I guess) is a circle of earth spears, which does reasonable damage and has some chance of stunning IIRC, but, right, you don't really want to drag over a strong enemy with gravity ball if you're not dragging them into something else like an almost activated cleric's exorcism circle.

Kurod

Banned
I was having a bit of trouble with Hrungnir as a swordsmen but switched over to hammersmith and loaded up on hercules level 2 and 1 cards. After beaking his shoulders I was doing 1500+ damage to his head with every hit (not counting the drill damage). He melted like butter.

Sera O

Banned
Just soloed the bird and am in 5-1 now. Anyone up for some c5 or below online?

Also, are cannonball tails from that bird boss? I need some for my bishop tutu. If so I'm gonna need to go back and farm it. I got talons and feathers but nothing else because it was tough to get behind him.

I was having a bit of trouble with Hrungnir as a swordsmen but switched over to hammersmith and loaded up on hercules level 2 and 1 cards. After beaking his shoulders I was doing 1500+ damage to his head with every hit (not counting the drill damage). He melted like butter.

holy hell that sounds sexy. When I do 300 with my ass or 400 with my mage im happy.
1500+ sounds like a damage wet dream.

Emitan

Just soloed the bird and am in 5-1 now. Anyone up for some c5 or below online?

Also, are cannonball tails from that bird boss? I need some for my bishop tutu. If so I'm gonna need to go back and farm it. I got talons and feathers but nothing else because it was tough to get behind him.

Yeah that tail is a real annoyance and you need it for the cannonball tail.

Cookie18

Has there been any new news as to when the game is getting released in the UK? I remember hearing something about it being a digital only game but I can't find anything for when it is coming out.

I have the option to import it for slightly cheaper than a new Vita game is in the UK so I am going to do that if there isn't any news regarding a release date.

Kurod

Banned
holy hell that sounds sexy. When I do 300 with my ass or 400 with my mage im happy.

I think it may be that Hrungnir just has a really really soft head. I'm back to doing 600-800+ damage now on normal enemies.

Is there a way to dodge hati's electric spin move?
I've only ever managed to avoid it once and that was by total accident. You can prevent him from doing it by breaking his "wing".

Ergh I had trouble with 1-8 soloing as a Mage, how am I even gonna try to beat Orc King? ): (Granted, I did almost do it without dying... so maybe I can do this...!)

I think it may be that Hrungnir just has a really really soft head. I'm back to doing 600-800+ damage now on normal enemies.

I've only ever managed to avoid it once and that was by total accident. You can prevent him from doing it by breaking his "wing".

ah, thanks! should make fights easier :)

Ergh I had trouble with 1-8 soloing as a Mage, how am I even gonna try to beat Orc King? ): (Granted, I did almost do it without dying... so maybe I can do this...!)

make sure you do air stuff. Mages excel in the air imo, get familiar with those combos and you should be fine.

make sure you use the buffs for damage boost and super armor.

Foxix Von

ah, thanks! should make fights easier :)

make sure you do air stuff. Mages excel in the air imo, get familiar with those combos and you should be fine.

make sure you use the buffs for damage boost and super armor.
That's basically the thing where you just charge the circle button right? I feel like such a noob.

Kurod

Banned

Went back to swordsman and found out that level 3 charge with the thunderer card does HUGE damage. Hitting giants with it does 1k damage on hit and another 2k+ damage when they hit the wall. Damn.

Went back to swordsman and found out that level 3 charge with the thunderer card does HUGE damage. Hitting giants with it does 1k damage on hit and another 2k+ damage when they hit the wall. Damn.

i love you. I'll have to try this out after im done with tests and catch up on sleep.

any tips against grendel?

surviving isn't the problem, but it does seem like It always break the gate when it's almost dead :S

Been just wailing at his ass most of the time.

Game's camera is not good for big bosses imo.

Toki767

any tips against grendel?

surviving isn't the problem, but it does seem like It always break the gate when it's almost dead :S

Been just wailing at his ass most of the time.

Game's camera is not good for big bosses imo.

Unless you're an assassin who can kill him before he reaches the gate, play it with others so he is distracted and doesn't reach the gate.

Noi

Chapter 8 missions are slightly making me regret my job choice. Lots of DPS, but no range, no stun and low rate to break boss parts... ;_____;

Top Bottom