• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Mercenary Edition here (Puerto Rico/US), and regular/english trophies.

Reading around, there are a couple of reports:
1. That it seems that the trophies will pop in japanese only if you have your system languange set to anything other than english and 2. that it's a glitch on ther server (that was apparently fixed, but your pics are recent, so that might not be the case).

Here's a post from Gamespot's forums about it.

My game only arrived on Wednesday so I haven't had a chance to play very much yet, but I'm having the same thing with mine. EU/UK system, US PSN account, US Mercenary Edition, Japanese Trophies both in game and on the Trophy list.

As a result, I have no idea what trophies I'm getting, but I'm not a big trophy person, so I'm not overly bothered - it just seems rather strange.
I wondered if it was because I had the Japanese demo and a save on my memory stick when I started, but I'm not sure if, why, or how the two would attempt to communicate (and going by the thread you linked, it may be a coincidence anyway, as people there are having the same problem with no demo).

I guess the reason why my trophies are in Japanese is because I'm playing the game on English (United Kingdom) Vita language settings. Once I get home, I'll see if turning the game into English (United States) will solve the trophies problem.

B.O.O.M

That list does help. Damn drenched claws not until chapter 3 :( How's an assassin supposed to upgrade!!! lol

haha via Near man. I get some nice items on near all the time. I am rotating between swordsman, assassin and hammersmith now depending on the mission

B.O.O.M

yea, I wasnt expecting it at all. Was doing that gathering quest when Grendel suddenly appeared xD scared the crap out of me.

One of the extra missions you later get will be a Bonzed Grendel. I'm not touching that one till I'm done with the rest of the game lol. He is a hilarious yet annoying boss

My advice when you eventually fight him again..hit his ass first. No I'm not even joking

@nicoga: No problem

beason52

Neo Member
My copy still hasn't arrived from Newegg. After spending 5 days in NJ, its now in Maryland....wtf (I live in Philadelphia so went from being about 75 miles north of me to 75 south)...? Damn you Sandy!!!

Skroll was my bitch..compared to Grendel he was easy as hell for me. I even took down the Skroll + that ice wolf boss together

As for an items list, this might be helpful to you guys

https://docs.google.com/a/pdx.edu/document/d/130QdNWcrprwPrbdKxaYm0in3n2pW2_L8peVRVXc9tA4/edit?pli=1

I'll add this to the OT.

My copy still hasn't arrived from Newegg. After spending 5 days in NJ, its now in Maryland....wtf (I live in Philadelphia so went from being about 75 miles north of me to 75 south)...? Damn you Sandy!!!

I went through the same thing although mine finally came in. The problem I noticed was that it was scanned into more places than it actually went to, it seems. It went from North Jersey to Philly in an hour, according to my tracking. That's factoring in scanning and putting into trucks and such.. which means it must have never left NJ.

Played a few stages with Noi and my mind was BLOWN when I figured out that you have the ability to run/sprint.

What?! You can--
*experiments*
OMG. ;_;

Hold R to sprint, guys. Don't be like me and go almost 5 chapters without knowing how. ;_;

(I just checked and it's in the manual, but unhelpfully referred to as a "dash maneuver.")

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Came home from work to find this waiting for me today from New York to my door in the UK in three days! My weekend just became amazing.

If any other EU timezone types have imported and want to party up online let me know.

Volcynika

Partway through chapter 4 and really enjoying it. Need to play co-op more though, my friend I played with before isn't really enjoying the game that much. :/

Kazzy

In the midst of Chapter 7 now, and my weapon is starting to get a little long in the tooth. I will be sad to see it go!

https://docs.google.com/a/pdx.edu/document/d/130QdNWcrprwPrbdKxaYm0in3n2pW2_L8peVRVXc9tA4/edit?pli=1[/url]

So this is greatly appreciated!

Foxix Von

What?! You can--
*experiments*
OMG. ;_;

Hold R to sprint, guys. Don't be like me and go almost 5 chapters without knowing how. ;_;

(I just checked and it's in the manual, but unhelpfully referred to as a "dash maneuver.")

There's something special that clicks with games like this. It really reminds me of playing PSO back in the day where you're really just kind of thrown into this new and foreign place and it's really just up to you and the rest of the community to figure out the mechanics. It should be absolutely terrible but under just the right circumstances it's so engaging.

Noi

The last boss in Chapter 8 is the Anti-Assassin. I'm gonna need some help for that one, though not tonight. :(

Volcynika

Oy, barely made it to Chapter 5. The boss of Ch4 was a bit too strong for my weapon. Went into DS mode and tore it up when I could.

B.O.O.M

I'm an assassin! Also I don't get how the Near stuff works honestly. D:

Go to your room, interact with the angeling on your bed, select accept gifts via near

and YAY finished off Ch.8 boss. Also finished the first mission of Ch.9. The missions in this are going to be INSANE

Toki767

I'm an assassin! Also I don't get how the Near stuff works honestly. D:

Sending an item through Near will gift it to anyone on your friends list basically. Then they go talk to the poring in their room and accept or relinquish an item. You can only have 5 Near items in your possession at a time.

Volcynika

Sending an item through Near will gift it to anyone on your friends list basically. Then they go talk to the poring in their room and accept or relinquish an item. You can only have 5 Near items in your possession at a time.

Ohhhhhhhh ok. Sounds neat. I would love a good weapon if you have one!

PSN is same as here.

Ponn

Banned
Any suggestions for a newbie. I created my green haired smarmy talking cleric and just ran out the door and complete the first quest just clearing a field. I haven't equipped anything yet, just started mashing stuff with what I had.

ZeroAKA

I found a bow with 100 attack and Burn Attack lv.2/High Upper. It's probably the only piece of loot I've gotten so far that's remotely worth sharing. :/

Edit: Wait, I think I read the number wrong. I guess that's what happens when you game at 3 am...

B.O.O.M

Any suggestions for a newbie. I created my green haired smarmy talking cleric and just ran out the door and complete the first quest just clearing a field. I haven't equipped anything yet, just started mashing stuff with what I had.

Don't worry about what class you choose cuz starting chapter two you will be able to change them as you please.

Don't sell items yet unless you really need the money.

On tough battles ask others for help...it makes life much easier playing online co op.

Have at least one guy who has played the game for long enough to have some nice weapons/cards etc. That way you can get those via near

kiyomi

I feel no remorse for importing this, and I'm doing exactly the same with P4G. A week or so may have been understandable, but months? Nope.

Exactly how I felt, I had no qualms about it either.

Played up to 1-5, game seems really cool. I want mah hats, though. I'm agonisingly close to having the materials for some junky headgear :p

Also, I will probably add some thread regulars later. I will put a note in the message saying who I am from GAF

Tillbo

Sorry another quick question...

My US copy of arrived today (I'm in the UK) and I've been playing online perfectly using my UK PSN account. Does anyone know if the game gets an update down the line will I be able to apply the update as usual and continue to play online?

(Sorry I'm new to importing on Vita)

Sorry another quick question...

My US copy of arrived today (I'm in the UK) and I've been playing online perfectly using my UK PSN account. Does anyone know if the game gets an update down the line will I be able to apply the update as usual and continue to play online?

(Sorry I'm new to importing on Vita)

Yep, no problems there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't target his body. As long as you try to hit the legs and tail, he won't split and become a nuisance.

My biggest issue is getting in damage range without being absolutely destroyed. So many conditions, the bellyflop is painful, and that fucker is fast.

I'm going to give it another shot tonight. Chapter 5 is finally starting to show some of the game's true colors of difficulty!

Fisico

Exactly how I felt, I had no qualms about it either.

Same here \o\

Btw I thought i read somewhere that the online was only playable by region, with the usal zones : America, Japan and Europe & Australia, but playing randomly online I was with some guy from the Philippines
Did I imagine reading that or is the online screwed somewhere ? (Trophies are no translated by example)

I bareeeeeeely beat him. Had no healing items left. D:

And right after posting that I use Hammersmith (who i havent used the entire game), a hammer I got from near (I think one of you gaffers posted it Scorpion something or the other) and DS mode and DESTROYED HIM BY SHEER BRUTE FORCE ALONE. FUCK. YEAH.

Top Bottom