• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

kiyomi

Just got into 2-2, gotta say that as noobish as this sounds, the Orc King kicked my butt a few times. Don't judge me >.>

Anyone still in the relatively early stages wanna burn through a couple of chapters tonight? I'm available for a few hours.

Oh, and this game sure loves to hand out trophies, I just wish I knew what half of them were for :O

So I'm going to attempt the Orc King or w/e tonight. I'm pretty confident in my handling of the assassin class, so wish me luck. If I fail I'll just grind some more, analyze his patterns more.

Just got into 2-2, gotta say that as noobish as this sounds, the Orc King kicked my butt a few times. Don't judge me >.>

Anyone still in the relatively early stages wanna burn through a couple of chapters tonight? I'm available for a few hours.

Oh, and this game sure loves to hand out trophies, I just wish I knew what half of them were for :O

If I get to chapter 2 I'll get online :)

OmegaZero

So I'm going to attempt the Orc King or w/e tonight. I'm pretty confident in my handling of the assassin class, so wish me luck. If I fail I'll just grind some more, analyze his patterns more.

It's really about his attack patterns. No grinding needed, really.
Look out for his dashing attacks and earthquake punch.
EDIT: Good luck. :)

kiyomi

Question, guys.

When an enemy is staggered with the little yellow stars around his head, is there something special I'm supposed to do?

'Cause I just bashed away at a Hill Giant for about 5 minutes, doing 1 damage each hit, when I finally got his meter down to red, and the yellow stars came up. I tried hitting him some more but then he just went back to perfect health?

Am I.. missing something? D:

If I get to chapter 2 I'll get online :)
Cool, I'm sending you a FR now. :)

Noi

Question, guys.

When an enemy is staggered with the little yellow stars around his head, is there something special I'm supposed to do?

'Cause I just bashed away at a Hill Giant for about 5 minutes, doing 1 damage each hit, when I finally got his meter down to red, and the yellow stars came up. I tried hitting him some more but then he just went back to perfect health?

Am I.. missing something? D:

1. That means they're stunned. You can use one of your circle attacks to launch them into the air or blow them away to a wall for extra damage.

2. If you're fighting something and only doing 1 damage, you might want to walk away and stop fighting it. :p

OmegaZero

Question, guys.

It means the enemy can be launched.
The target indicator turns red to indicate how close the enemy is to being stunned. There's no way to tell how much health the enemy has left IIRC.
EDIT: Beaten like a poring.

kiyomi

Cheers guys!

Does it have to be a circle attack that's charged up a bit? The standard ones don't seem to do much when the enemies are stunned.

2. If you're fighting something and only doing 1 damage, you might want to walk away and stop fighting it. :p
Noooo that's exactly the reason why I *would* attack it :p

I thought it might drop something good, but I died. :'(

The target indicator turns red to indicate how close the enemy is to being stunned. There's no way to tell how much health the enemy has left IIRC.

Aha, so that's what it means, not health.

Thanks again

OmegaZero

Cheers guys!

Does it have to be a circle attack that's charged up a bit? The standard ones don't seem to do much when the enemies are stunned.

It can be:
1) An aerial launcher (forward+circle).
2) A charged launching attack (hold circle).
3) A mid/end-combo launcher (like the finishers that send enemies flying across the map).

EDIT: Depends on the enemy though.

Ooh, me! I think I'm on 2-4 or 5.

kiyomi

name : GAF2
password : vita

woops, sorry I just disconnected someone. Turns out hitting the PS button isn't a smart move :D

Had a blast with you guys. Thank you so much for the help, and the fun I had KILLIN MONSTERS WITH YAS :D We must do that again soon. I'm going to practice my hunter skills more.

branny

So, I beat the game earlier today. I think it's all right but can be pretty frustrating until you know what to do. I solo'd every quest I cleared with a mage (which I'm assuming also made some things unnecessarily frustrating and others a cakewalk).

There are still three quests I have left to complete before I dive into the rest of those Extra Quests, though--the "slay 100 ___giants within 20 minutes" ones. I have no idea how to do these alone with a mage under that time limit. Firewall or Icewall would've made this a breeze, but nooo...

It seems totally impossible with the gear I have. That's, like, 25 every 5 minutes. Aerial firebolt is too slow for killing and bad for mobs, Heaven's Drive is too close range and risky, and Storm Gust does crap damage for how hard it is to get out. Jupitel/r Thunder seems like the best option for kiting until I can trigger DS mode, but the best strategy for mobs after initiating the most effective mage DS BnB (triangle, triangle, triangle, circle, circle for maximum HP return and damage in close quarters) gets me killed anyway. The aerial Heaven's Drive method of handling mobs doesn't work on giants, either. DS also doesn't speed up your swings, so it doesn't solve the problem of slow casting. =\

I feel like I need to change my cards and get better equipment, but I am not looking forward to some of the more ridiculous Extra Quests if I can't even handle some Ch. 9 ones alone. I've only briefly tested the other classes, but it seems like these giant quests would be pretty unrealistic for them to solo, too.

Lockon

Finally the game came in the mail today from Newegg. Took forever. Shipped since 11/2.

I hope I can catch up with some of you guys before playing online. Just barely started.

Kurod

Banned
Sorry to everyone in GAF2. Search said the room was green but as soon as I got in it steadily dropped to one then zero bars for everyone :(

Fun times, guys! Decided to drop off since there's 4 of you and 5 isn't exactly a viable number.

Had fun with you guys, Scholo, Mono, Tsumugi(whoever you are on GAF), and Silfer(you too!). Sorry to Zharf(?) and Mondriaan I left immediately!

And you should have played anyway, Kurod. Or at least tried again! ):

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally the game came in the mail today from Newegg. Took forever. Shipped since 11/2.

I hope I can catch up with some of you guys before playing online. Just barely started.

I just went out and bought a copy from Gamestop because I got sick of waiting. I received my copy from Newegg yesterday but I'm gonna return it. Or sell it, one or the other.

kiyomi

Sorry to everyone in GAF2. Search said the room was green but as soon as I got in it steadily dropped to one then zero bars for everyone :(
No worries! Hopefully next time :)

Fun times, guys! Decided to drop off since there's 4 of you and 5 isn't exactly a viable number.

Had fun with you guys, Scholo, Mono, Tsumugi(whoever you are on GAF), and Silfer(you too!). Sorry to Zharf(?) and Mondriaan I left immediately!

Yeah it got a bit confused at the end there lol. There was GAF2 with 3/4 people, I tried to join and I couldn't, and then by the time it cleared and I had messaged you, you had gone or something. No biggie, I'm super tired now D:

Had a ton of fun with you, Schobel and Silfer.

Did anyone in GAF2 room get an "Application Error"?
Yeah, in that last one we did. The game dumped me in the middle of it all :eek:

Anyway, game is a lot of fun, if there's anyone reading this who's on the fence - don't be :p

Yeah it got a bit confused at the end there lol. There was GAF2 with 3/4 people, I tried to join and I couldn't, and then by the time it cleared and I had messaged you, you had gone or something. No biggie, I'm super tired now D:

Had a ton of fun with you, Schobel and Silfer.
Yeah, I left because there were 4(including myself) in the room after I said you should come back and join. So I just decided to leave so you could join back.

EDIT: and yeah you didn't mention me but i had fun with you too

i guess

OmegaZero

Great ride. Thanks for the help Omega.

No problem. It was fun.

guys. Chapter 5 skoll was easy mode. I hope you arent talking about him. I beat him on my first try using my Healer =p

Well, I'm having more issues with those wolves and their dash attack.
If Skoll was by himself, it would be easy mode.

Wait, "Chapter 5 skoll"?
I'm going to have to face him again? And he'll be even harder?

Kurod

Banned

That last mission was a slide show. I figured my connection was the culprit and I didn't want to ruin everyone elses experience.

Noi

That last mission was a slide show. I figured my connection was the culprit and I didn't want to ruin everyone elses experience.

That's how I usually feel, haha. I've only had one specific 3-person group where my connection didn't get in the way that much. I work best in pairs for that reason. :X

Ponn

Banned
Chapter 1 boss destroyed me, I thought I was doing well. Maybe it would help if I learned how to heal with the cleric.

Ugh...play RO or math work due tomorrow, decisions.

Kurod

Banned
Warning! Desire sensor detected.

Needed 3 earth armor shards from Fenia for an upgrade. I got one each the first two fights I farmed her. In our next three fights she dropped none. Finally, I got 4 in the last fight. Freaking RNG.

B.O.O.M

No problem. It was fun.

Well, I'm having more issues with those wolves and their dash attack.
If Skoll was by himself, it would be easy mode.

Wait, "Chapter 5 skoll"?
I'm going to have to face him again? And he'll be even harder?

@bold: yep. You will even face off against Skoll and the ice Wolf boss in the same mission eventually as well.

depward

PSA: for 5-9 Grendal, instead of just spamming attacks, play a little smarter and for the love of god stay away from his sweat attack. I've tried like 15 times online and have never been sweated on yet fail the quest every time because teammates don't play smartly.

I really want to get together a better FAQ.. I've just been so damn busy these days - I was finally able to progress a lot last night both alone and online with some fellow gafers, so I'm even still learning stuff haha.

Top Bottom