• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

My Newegg order just shipped. I guess I'll be playing this in 3 days.

FFVIIguy is my PSN ID.

I hate you newegg. HATEEEEE.

ALSO. WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THE MERC EDITION BOOK HAD COMBOS AND ENEMY INFO AND IT WASNT JUST AN ARTBOOK!? UGHHHHHHHH. I canceled my merc edition pre-order because I thought it was just art, cards and such which is cool but I like more meaty useful extras (like combos and enemy info >.<).

H.Protagonist I BLAME YOU.

ALSO. WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THE MERC EDITION BOOK HAD COMBOS AND ENEMY INFO AND IT WASNT JUST AN ARTBOOK!? UGHHHHHHHH. I canceled my merc edition pre-order because I thought it was just art, cards and such which is cool but I like more meaty useful extras (like combos and enemy info >.<).

if you want someone to tell you it has enemy information and combos and tips and stuff

it has enemy information and combos and tips and stuff

if you want someone to tell you it has enemy information and combos and tips and stuff

it has enemy information and combos and tips and stuff

>.<
Well I wish you would have told me this last month or even earlier in this month. =p
I can't pre-order it now, all I have is my regular edition pre-ordered! Argh. I hope the gamestops near me will have extra merc editions now...but I somehow doubt it.

poring4.png

Your so cute! I'm gonna murder so many of you! <3

I hate you newegg. HATEEEEE.

:O But we did tell you! "... a 96-page full color ‘Mercenary Guide’ featuring a collection of art, quests, maps, and boss strategies"!

There's still time! You can still order it!

Do it for the boss info

Ilt2yl.jpg

The card list

a2Oqyl.jpg

The shiny embossed cover

6XKuEl.jpg

Do it... for the Porings

8HBBPl.jpg

oh baby cancelled my normal order from newegg and got the merc edition for $39. hell ya

not really sure why mine didn't ship yet but was able to switch it.

:O But we did tell you! "... a 96-page full color &#8216;Mercenary Guide&#8217; featuring a collection of art, quests, maps, and boss strategies"!

Do it for the boss info

Ilt2yl.jpg

The card list

a2Oqyl.jpg

The shiny embossed cover

6XKuEl.jpg

Do it... for the Porings

8HBBPl.jpg

oh my. It's so damn sexy. I pre-ordered when it didnt say anything about that...or i missed it multiple multiple times. I remember it saying Mercenary Guide and no solid details besides artwork.

But if he orders it now, he won't have it tomorrow!

And this. So much this.

oh baby cancelled my normal order from newegg and got the merc edition for $39. hell ya

not really sure why mine didn't ship yet but was able to switch it.

Wait $39?
How?

:O But we did tell you! "... a 96-page full color ‘Mercenary Guide’ featuring a collection of art, quests, maps, and boss strategies"!

Do it for the boss info

Ilt2yl.jpg

The card list

a2Oqyl.jpg

The shiny embossed cover

6XKuEl.jpg

Do it... for the Porings

8HBBPl.jpg

I'm okay with LE if i can get a manual like book with all my Vita purchase since welll. no Vita game comes with manual D:

oh my. It's so damn sexy. I pre-ordered when it didnt say anything about that...or i missed it multiple multiple times. I remember it saying Mercenary Guide and no solid details besides artwork.

And this. So much this.

Wait $39?
How?

Newegg preorder deals

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330899&page=2

edit

This is part of the invoice I got from newegg
79-558-019 XSEED RAGNAROK ODYSSEY MERC ED PSV
$49.99
$49.99
COM DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE
($12.00)
($12.00)

total is 38 bucks before tax

Yeah that booklet alone is worth the extra 10 bucks. It's basically an art booklet and mini strategy guide. That combined with the newegg discount, the OST and the cards, it's impossible to resist IMO.

How are you guys liking the FAQ so far? Is there anything else I could add?

Also, I'm curious if you guys prefer certain box art? I really like the Asian/HK box art, while the JP and NA ones are ok.

ZeroAKA

Can I order the guide separately? I've already made up my mind to buy RO digitally, but that Mercenary Guide looks so tempting...

kiyomi

Goddamn why do I have to be on holiday next week. WHY

VGPlus seem super friendly with the import though, so I can. not. wait.

Foxix Von

sometimes it's good to go cheap if you are near the place of shipping. lol.

Most of the time free shipping options don't actually take all that long to get here. Unless the retailer is just kind of a jerk and actually holds onto the item for an extended period of time to coincide with the slower shipping. I ordered VLR from amazon and only just yesterday did I get an email saying they actually shipped it out.

Most of the time free shipping options don't actually take all that long to get here. Unless the retailer is just kind of a jerk and actually holds onto the item for an extended period of time to coincide with the slower shipping. I ordered VLR from amazon and only just yesterday did I get an email saying they actually shipped it out.

get prime. 2 day free shipping. lulz amirite. which is really 1 day shipping depending on size.

Foxix Von

get prime. 2 day free shipping. lulz amirite. which is really 1 day shipping depending on size.

Scratch that. Apparently amazon's tracking indicates that my package has already been delivered as of 3 this afternon. I haven't heard a knock on the door all day, and there's no package here. Fuck. I'm not sure what to do.

Scratch that. Apparently amazon's tracking indicates that my package has already been delivered as of 3 this afternon. I haven't heard a knock on the door all day, and there's no package here. Fuck. I'm not sure what to do.

did you check the back door?

newegg is pretty much free day 1 shipping if you live semi close to the warehouses (socal, NJ and Tennessee)

they usually have the pay $2.99 and get it shipped out same day. i usually do that with free 3 day UPS which is usually 1-2 days. pretty good .

Foxix Von

did you check the back door?

Yeah. I'm kind of confused. I just woke up from a nap and I'm still kind of out of it haha, I just noticed on the tracking page it said it was signed for by USPS? I've never seen this before so, I'm assuming by "delivered" they mean they sent it to my post office rather than my house?

honestly i've never had newegg has never taken this long to ship. Hopefully it will ship soon even though I just ordered the mer edition.

Yeah. I'm kind of confused. I just woke up from a nap and I'm still kind of out of it haha, I just noticed on the tracking page it said it was signed for by USPS? I've never seen this before so, I'm assuming by "delivered" they mean they sent it to my post office rather than my house?

they'd give you a pink slip in the mailbox then if it's held there. weird. may want to check the box too. lol

Foxix Von

they'd give you a pink slip in the mailbox then if it's held there. weird. may want to check the box too. lol

Already did. Everything is empty. I'm... very confused. Did a little googling and apparently fedex smartpost or whatever uses USPS as final delivery. So... I'm assuming they meant they delivered it at the post office and I should get it tomorrow.

Already did. Everything is empty. I'm... very confused. Did a little googling and apparently fedex smartpost or whatever uses USPS as final delivery. So... I'm assuming they meant they delivered it at the post office and I should get it tomorrow.

oh. i had that before. should call USPS to hold so you can go pick it up at the station ;P

Decided to calm myself and keep my regular edition and put the 10 extra towards AC:liberation so I can get both tonight/Wednesday.

I'll use my roomies Merc Edition - I just talked to him and I can use his book HUZZAH!

JCizzle

Wow. I got a back order notice from NewEgg and I ordered this three fucking months ago. That's super frustrating.

Any general idea when PSN US might have it up?

Wow. I got a back order notice from NewEgg and I ordered this three fucking months ago. That's super frustrating.

Any general idea when PSN US might have it up?

Yeah I felt this shit coming. That's why I canceled my order. Though it seems like newegg isnt the only one getting screwed by late shipments since gamestop says they dont ship from their warehouse tmrw and get em in store wednesday at the earliest.

Yeah that booklet alone is worth the extra 10 bucks. It's basically an art booklet and mini strategy guide. That combined with the newegg discount, the OST and the cards, it's impossible to resist IMO.

How are you guys liking the FAQ so far? Is there anything else I could add?

Also, I'm curious if you guys prefer certain box art? I really like the Asian/HK box art, while the JP and NA ones are ok.

F.a.q is a nice touch, and well written. Your efforts are appreciated good sir. Also, I like the box in the middle. It reminds me of that new Fir Emblem game's Box art for some reason.

What? Newegg backordered? Those of you that are geting shipment confirmation from newegg, what version did you order. My original order was placed 3 months ago for the reg ver and wasn't shipping. Now I changed it to the Merc edition and still nothing.

Roubjon

Yeah, my Newegg copy hasn't shipped yet either. I'm not worried about it though.

Btw, my PSN is Roubjon if anyone wants to add me.

Top Bottom