• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

F.a.q is a nice touch, and well written. Your efforts are appreciated good sir. Also, I like the box in the middle. It reminds me of that new Fir Emblem game's Box art for some reason.

Thank you, and me too! That box art is from the Asian release. I'm wondering if I can get an image of it so I can use it as an alternate box art :p

Wahz

How's the loot in this game?!
They also come as mission rewards
and there cards for looting
- Treasure Finder (better loot in breaking box crate)
- Snatcher (better drops when break enemy's weak point [Boss ?])
- Treasure Hunter (better drops when kill enemies)
- Luck Exchange (Better luck for finding cards, not necessary means better cards)
- Luck Up (Better Mission Rewards)

Don't know if same card can be stack, but I found there obvious difference between 3x Treasure Hunter & 4x Treasure Hunter, but also needed to consider extra Treasure Hunter cam from weapon itself.

Is it How does weapon/armor upgrading work?
Blacksmith only for weapon stuff, and there are Armor shop, Hat shop & Beauty shop/guy

How do stats work with weapons?
Other than initial one, all weapons has two skills attached, red color skill means skill down.
Also weapon attack value displayed as Red (below average), White (average) & Blue (above average).

How does offline and online work, in terms of difficulty?
Most important things is you got 3 lives in solo mode, and you still only got 3 lives among party memebers in co-op mode

Is it How does NEAR functionality work?
Plus Bronze Weapon Card or Weapon itself

anddo0

My Newegg order just shipped. I guess I'll be playing this in 3 days.

FFVIIguy is my PSN ID.

Damn Newegg. My order hasn't even been processed. I canceled the regular edition when Newegg offered $12 off. So I'm waiting on the Mercenary Edition. I doubt it's coming anytime soon though judging by these posts. I may go with the PSN version.

Newegg Merc edition shipped this morning.
Ordered months ago.

10/2 for my order. Though I had the regular copy pre-ordered for a while.

Lockon

Newegg still haven't ship my Merc edition yet! Grrr...I thought I might get it tomorrow or Wednesday since I live close to one of their warehouse.

Newegg still haven't ship my Merc edition yet! Grrr...I thought I might get it tomorrow or Wednesday since I live close to one of their warehouse.

Yeah it seems like a lot of people who ordered through newegg are getting hit. I called and was told that it wont ship and charge until tmrw so look then. If it doesn't then get super upset lol

demigod

Thank goodness i checked my email today, had the wrong card as payment and it declined, changed it and my merc copy shipped from newegg. I think i preordered somewhere in september.

Well, Newegg shipped my Mercenary Edition...but to my apartment in Connecticut, which I currently can't return to thanks to Hurricane Sandy. Stuck on the West Coast until it's safe to fly again, so who knows when I'll get my copy. Maybe this weather-imposed staycation will force me to wrap up VLR sooner rather than later and I'll have some time to squeeze RO in before P4G comes out.

Noi

I will have my swanky Merc edition tomorrow... hopefully, if my local GS's shipment comes as planned. I've cleaned up my current backlog just so I could focus on playing only this! :D

Just thought I'd check my Amazon account to see when the game would be arriving.
0Tpck.png

ko8hd.gif

I'm really hoping that this is just Amazon giving crazy delivery dates and that my title will arrive around the 6th but I've never really have had that great of an experience with Amazon.ca since I moved here a year ago.

ajim

Is this not coming out in Australia or something? Can't find it listed on the Aus playstation/vita website at all :S

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great game. Completed half of the quests and stopped playing until the online patch and got to the end after it's release. It might not be as deep as MH, but it's fun nonetheless.

Sintoid

Great game. Completed half of the quests and stopped playing until the online patch and got to the end after it's release. It might not be as deep as MH, but it's fun nonetheless.

Am I wrong or I read somewhere that western version of the game is natively patched with online play?

Roubjon

So Newegg says it's out of stock, which is probably why it hasn't shipped yet for a lot of people including me....Nuts.

You'd think the point of preorders is so the distributor can account for how many copies of the game to order so they can keep up with the demand.

This blows.

So Newegg says it's out of stock, which is probably why it hasn't shipped yet for a lot of people including me....Nuts.

You'd think the point of preorders is so the distributor can account for how many copies of the game to order so they can keep up with the demand.

This blows.

Both version are out of stock at Newegg.

Amazon doesn't even know when it will ship my copy lol. It's cool tho ill either pick it up whenever I'm near a GameStop or wait.

Got Godeater and vlr to play anyway

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Amazon shipping delay for me too. Will just get it digitally if they haven't updated the order status by this afternoon.

Salaadin

The delays are understandable but still upsetting. I have no power at home and was looking forward to a few hours with RO :(

Ponn

Banned
Was watching a Cleric vid yesterday and they look bad ass. I think I may go Cleric first instead of Mage. Their combos look cool with the mace, even if you have to be careful with your timing. I always enjoy being able to heal myself instead of relying on potions and coupled with their armor looks like they can soak up some damage. Should come in handy with my play style of just wading in and smashing things. I can build up strategies to use a Mage better later.

Macstorm

I've not finished it yet, mission 5-9 is giving me trouble, but I can say that YMMV on this one. It's best played in bursts, as trying to marathon this one will get old and fast. And it's not Monster Hunter, it's mission-based with a timer, so don't expect a free roaming game. Loot and equipment progression is divided up via chapters, so you can make more as you progress further. Co-op is fun, but you're restricted to the lowest player's missions. If you're on chapter 5 and someone else is on chapter 2, you can only do chapter 2 missions.

Any other questions, just ask.

tagrat

Is Best Buy not carrying this at all? It wasn't in their ad this week and I can't seem to find it listed online. I was really hoping to use store credit I had there to pick it up today :(

scy

According to Amazon, I may not be getting a copy while it's also shipping soon with an estimated arrival of today. I have no idea how to take this conflicting information yet, especially after my order of VLR was delivered to some magical missing location :(

Salaadin

According to Amazon, I may not be getting a copy while it's also shipping soon with an estimated arrival of today. I have no idea how to take this conflicting information yet, especially after my order of VLR was delivered to some magical missing location :(

Didnt they email you? I got one this morning stating that shipments were delayed and that theyll update the info as soon as they have it. Id ignore what the site says until you get that updated email.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
PSN is nicoga3000

Not sure what happened with my Newegg order, but it ain't coming. I think it might have something to do with changing my address of my credit card, so the billing didn't check out? I don't know.

Whatever the case, Gamestop still has my copy, so I'll likely go pick that one up today.

scy

Didnt they email you? I got one this morning stating that shipments were delayed and that theyll update the info as soon as they have it. Id ignore what the site says until you get that updated email.

I have two e-mails: One informing me about the shipping delay and the other informing me that there's a delay but it will be shipping soon (and then the site itself says shipping soon). Hence conflicting information! I'm in Texas so I imagine that the Sandy-induced problems wouldn't really be an issue for me :x

I think I'm more just bugged by the fact that my copy of VLR was delivered yet I have no idea to where :/ But I suppose that's an unrelated matter entirely.

Nightz

Gonna try to find this at Target after work today and buy it along with AC:L and NFSMW. Doubt I'll find it though. Anyone have any luck at Target?

Alboreo

What sucks is i'm going to get frustrated and end up buying it off the PSN

I don't think my memory card has enough space for it, or I'd do the same haha. I called my local Gamestop and they said that they don't have any either.

To Amazon I go, I guess. I wish I hadn't cancelled my preorder there and switched to Newegg. Bad move.

Top Bottom