• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Lockon

Still not ship yet from Newegg. Though, I just got Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle (second Vita!) and Assassin's Creed 3 to play while I wait for this to ship. But still, they better ship it soon since I like Ragnarok more lol.

The delays are understandable but still upsetting. I have no power at home and was looking forward to a few hours with RO :(

Awww, sorry, Salaadin. We've been hearing a lot of Sandy-related stuff from customers in that area. Units were even shipped early, but it sounds like a bit of a mess over there still. Fingers crossed for soon, though. Hope everything is fine on your end (only power outage, right?)

Not familiar with the site... but... The quality of some reviews in this industry... not soo good eh?

hmmm...

It's a smaller site, but they really seemed to like the game, and we really appreciate the review. They're also metacritic weighted, so they are somewhat known, but we'd love to see more reviews of course.

I've not finished it yet, mission 5-9 is giving me trouble, but I can say that YMMV on this one. It's best played in bursts, as trying to marathon this one will get old and fast. And it's not Monster Hunter, it's mission-based with a timer, so don't expect a free roaming game. Loot and equipment progression is divided up via chapters, so you can make more as you progress further. Co-op is fun, but you're restricted to the lowest player's missions. If you're on chapter 5 and someone else is on chapter 2, you can only do chapter 2 missions.

Any other questions, just ask.

Important question: Have you achieved the Poring Hat?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
H.Protagonist: LoL, I'll see about taking that Pic, haha. Game will be in my hands soon, but won't get to play it well until late in the night! :( But my brother will probably get to start his file on it (Only one Vita, but both big RO Fans... did I mention it was one of the biggest reasons for us getting the Vita? XD), and then I should just HOPE I see my Vita ever again...

this is a hat collecting game?

Ragnarok Online is THE Hat collecting game. Orc Helm for LIFE! Western Grace is Best Cowboy hate created (had a friend fight for hours to get this as a birthday gift for my brother), Hot Blooded Headband is a requirement in Strength Builds, and Angeling / Deviling hats were so nice to find after popping those Uber-Porings! Of you could just wear Poo-Poo hat on your head. Or a piece of Toast that hung out of your mouth... yeah, that counts as a Hat.

RO was doing this in the early 2000s, so any game that you heard of that does somthing similiar is a 100% RIP OFF! (o_o !)

They're not as Overly-Significant in Ragnarok Odyssey, but they're still a big point of personality. They're trophies of hard hunts, marks of flair, and emblems of dedication!

this is a hat collecting game?

ZbvTd.jpg
R3kHr.jpg

Absolutely. :D

JCizzle

So not only did NewEgg have my pre-order backordered, they also voided my order so I no longer have the $30 price. Extremely disappointed and I normally love NewEgg.

Nightz

I'm losing hope of finding this at Target after work today. Was hoping to save money with the B2G1. Might just go digital.

H.Protagonist:
Ragnarok Online is THE Hat collecting game. Orc Helm for LIFE! Western Grace is Best Cowboy hate created (had a friend fight for hours to get this as a birthday gift for my brother), Hot Blooded Headband is a requirement in Strength Builds, and Angeling / Deviling hats were so nice to find after popping those Uber-Porings! Of you could just wear Poo-Poo hat on your head. Or a piece of Toast that hung out of your mouth... yeah, that counts as a Hat.

RO was doing this in the early 2000s, so any game that you heard of that does somthing similiar is a 100% RIP OFF! (o_o !)

They're not as Overly-Significant in Ragnarok Odyssey, but they're still a big point of personality. They're trophies of hard hunts, marks of flair, and emblems of dedication!

it won't top TF2 ;P

So... outfit changes is quite limited eh (as in few armor sets)?

Still confused how the skills work, there is no leveling right? What is this card system?

And no offense to XSEED guy, and the review, but I kinda expected a more... well articulated review lol, felt like something out of a middle school newspaper tbh.

Alboreo

So not only did NewEgg have my pre-order backordered, they also voided my order so I no longer have the $30 price. Extremely disappointed and I normally love NewEgg.

This has me concerned. I may just go ahead and cancel my order now and order it at Amazon/digitally as opposed to risking having it cancelled and having to wait even longer.

Digital probably isn't going to happen, though. I only have a 4gb card.

Salaadin

Awww, sorry, Salaadin. We've been hearing a lot of Sandy-related stuff from customers in that area. Units were even shipped early, but it sounds like a bit of a mess over there still. Fingers crossed for soon, though. Hope everything is fine on your end (only power outage, right?)

Yeah, just a power outage. They say we should have it back by 4:00 est.
Everything else is good. Im in NE PA so we didnt get hit nearly as hard as some of the coastal areas. Im feeling really bad for the people out there. Hope they clean up that mess ASAP :(

But yeah, like I said, the delays are understandable. XSEED, Amazon, Newegg, etc couldnt control this and its a lot safer to just give those workers and drivers a few days off to let things settle. Ill survive without my game for a few days.

Who am I kidding!? RRRRAAAGE!

This has me concerned. I may just go ahead and cancel my order now and order it at Amazon/digitally as opposed to risking having it cancelled and having to wait even longer.

Digital probably isn't going to happen, though. I only have a 4gb card.

For what its worth, my Amazon order is listed as "shipping soon". No idea how soon that is is but its giving me some hope for a tomorrow or Thursday delivery.

Alboreo

For what its worth, my Amazon order is listed as "shipping soon". No idea how soon that is is but its giving me some hope for a tomorrow or Thursday delivery.

Yeah, I think I'd feel more comfortable with Amazon + one day shipping than risking having Newegg cancel my order.

Sucks that I'll be missing out on the Mercenary edition, though.

All pumped to buy the DL version...until I see it's priced 39.99 on the store too. I know the difference between 35.99 and 39.99 isn't a lot but I only had enough PSN store credit for the usual 35.99 price. Jerks.

H. Protagonist I blame this on you too.

All pumped to buy the DL version...until I see it's priced 39.99 on the store too. I know the difference between 35.99 and 39.99 isn't a lot but I only had enough PSN store credit for the usual 35.99 price. Jerks.

should try the $20 for $100 PSN deal.

Salaadin

Oh cool, when I tried to check out with it earlier it said the estimated delivery date with one day shipping would be the 5th. Now it seems to be okay. Ordered, thanks!

Awesome! Congrats!

What do they have listed as your estimated delivery date? It says that they wont tell you until checkout but Im wondering what it says. My order page still has today listed but I know thats not happening

Alboreo

Awesome! Congrats!

What do they have listed as your estimated delivery date? It says that they wont tell you until checkout but Im wondering what it says. My order page still has today listed but I know thats not happening

I chose two day shipping and it says it should be here by the 1st!

Hopefully the weather doesn't get in the way, although I'm sure it will haha. We're snowed in and I'm pretty sure the postal service isn't running atm.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I expected the Hardcore Gaming review to be much worse, the way people here were talking about it. Skimming over it, it sounds like a review written by a game enthusiast, rather than some stuffy quasi-gamer, who just reviews things for the paychecks.

In reality, that's exactly the kind of opinions I'd want to hear on a game like this, and the kind of energy I'd expect of a "Hardcore" gamer. This is the kind of person who'll realistically play this game for 200 hours on their own, not just for the 40 hours needed to review, mash on the combos without learning the system intricacies, and toss the story aside, while muttering something about "animu garbageplot!".

I don't agree with his observations on the soundtrack (I think it sounds great!), but otherwise, it seems like a fitting review for this style of game.

I always hate reading reviews from people who OBVIOUSLY hate a genre / developer style, and just spend paragraphs articulating, in wasted words, how they should never have tried to "review" the game in question, in the first place, as it's obviously not a game for them.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'll probably break down, get weak and buy this game at gamestop in the morning even though I really should be saving money for next month's games T__T

Uthred

That's disappointing. I prefer to stick with digital stuff but its aggravating that no-one follows Sony's example with the standard 10% off. After the decent price they had for Wots4 I was hoping Xseed would go with ~$35

Generally, I never see XSEED games appear (outside of offline) at more "casual" retailers until well after release dates, if ever.

Target List on the Web that it's not sold in stores, either.

Why should a King worry about topping a Prince? ;)

Yeah. We never get much retail space. :( Target, Best Buy and Walmart won't be carrying it physically.

So... outfit changes is quite limited eh (as in few armor sets)?

Still confused how the skills work, there is no leveling right? What is this card system?

And no offense to XSEED guy gal, and the review, but I kinda expected a more... well articulated review lol, felt like something out of a middle school newspaper tbh.

According to our RO expert in the office:

" There's three per job class, if I recall.
Plus there's a lot of extra outfits, like the Shinobi, Gunner, Pioneer, Thief, Merchant, etc.
I can't remember the specific number, but over 25.
Or maybe around 25-ish.
And you can customize the card capacity for each outfit individually"

And, I'm not offended. I didn't write the review. Also, fixed your post. ;)

Yeah, just a power outage. They say we should have it back by 4:00 est.
Everything else is good. Im in NE PA so we didnt get hit nearly as hard as some of the coastal areas. Im feeling really bad for the people out there. Hope they clean up that mess ASAP :(

But yeah, like I said, the delays are understandable. XSEED, Amazon, Newegg, etc couldnt control this and its a lot safer to just give those workers and drivers a few days off to let things settle. Ill survive without my game for a few days.

Who am I kidding!? RRRRAAAGE!

Glad to hear you didn't get hit too hard The flooding is definitely causing havoc in a lot of places. Cheers for the understanding on the wait.

HP SMAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSH!

Famassu

This is the first non-Limited/Collector's Edition version I get from XSeed. Feels kinda weird, but it had to be done if I (or, rather, my bank account) were to survive the onslaught of Vita games like this, NFS:MW, ACIII:L, Virtue's Last Reward & DJ Max Technik, among others (plus a couple of console games & GOG/Steam sales). :S

Concept17

Looks like I'll be swinging by Gamestop here shortly. Its a shame because I have credit at BB, and Target has B2G1 going on. =\

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
SWANKY MERCENARY EDITION GET!

Haha, loaded with Spore and Wolf Cards, haha. I would have liked a Fenia or Menia Card (Kawaii... or something...), but it's nice to find a High Orc Card (Perfect enemies for my old Ice Wizard to pick on), and the art and stock is really quite nice.

Love how the Merc Guide has "Chapter Break" art; So many nice little images that'd be great to see packaged together as a desktop image set for Vita (hint, hint.)

Time to take a short break from busy stuff, and show RO some love...

Oh, and I'm plesantly suprised to see an Ad for Ragnarok Tactics stuck in the Vita case ("Downloadable to your Vita system!" as it says), with ads for Sumioni and Orgarythm on back of that. Now all I need is a 50% off Sumioni sale / have it as part of Vita PS+ (I would have got this on release if I had a Vita back then...), and I'll be good!

(An Aksys games release advertised in the case of an XSEED published game... All GungHo/Gravity related I guess, so that's pretty cool)

Yeah. We never get much retail space. :( Target, Best Buy and Walmart won't be carrying it physically.

Such a shame for this time of year (exposure wise), but I like one thing about it: It makes it easier to buy with confidence on release date. A good reason why I'd choose this over AC:L or NFSMW, or many of the big console releases coming out in the next week or 2.

denshuu

My Amazon order now says Shipping Soon.

Still buying the digital version whenever the Playstation store updates tonight. Can't wait 'til Friday.

Animekatt

Got my Merc. Edition from Gamestop. Came in immaculate condition. I think I will always preorder niche collector's editions from them, since I've always gotten them in great/mint condition. Amazon has let me down lately with how they package up the boxes.

Too bad I don't have a Vita yet, but I've asked Santa for the white Vita/AC3:L bundle. ;)

Salaadin

SWANKY MERCENARY EDITION GET!

Haha, loaded with Spore and Wolf Cards, haha. I would have liked a Fenia or Menia Card (Kawaii... or something...), but it's nice to find a High Orc Card (Perfect enemies for my old Ice Wizard to pick on), and the art and stock is really quite nice.

Love how the Merc Guide has "Chapter Break" art; So many nice little images that'd be great to see packaged together as a desktop image set for Vita (hint, hint.)

Time to take a short break from busy stuff, and show RO some love...

Oh, and I'm plesantly suprised to see an Ad for Ragnarok Tactics stuck in the Vita case ("Downloadable to your Vita system!" as it says), with ads for Sumioni and Orgarythm on back of that. Now all I need is a 50% off Sumioni sale / have it as part of Vita PS+ (I would have got this on release if I had a Vita back then...), and I'll be good!

(An Aksys games release advertised in the case of an XSEED published game... All GungHo/Gravity related I guess, so that's pretty cool)

Such a shame for this time of year (exposure wise), but I like one thing about it: It makes it easier to buy with confidence on release date. A good reason why I'd choose this over AC:L or NFSMW, or many of the big console releases coming out in the next week or 2.

Nice impressions, thanks :D

XSEED always does a good job with their LE releases. I was dead set on RO digital until they announced the Merc edition. My Ys and TiTS LEs are all top notch so Im not too surprised that ROs is great too.

zeelman

Got my Mercenary Edition today. They had one more copy of the Standard Edition preordered, but the rest of their counter was filled with AC3.

What class is everyone starting with? I'm playing as an Assassin, but I don't know if I like it. My flurry of attacks don't stagger enemies like I would like them to. :(

Top Bottom