• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm wondering this, too. I haven't been able to join any GAFfers. It was different in the MGO GAF group when I still played that - if there was space in a party, any member could just jump in via the community. Not sure what the issue is with this one.

I am going to create a favorites group today for PS4 and invite everyone who is currently in the ps4 community. This should allow us to see who is online and coordinate matches better on PS4.

NeoGiff

The game seems to think I have the season pass, even though I don't. After every game today, it awarded me extra "Season Pass" renown.

I am going to create a favorites group today for PS4 and invite everyone who is currently in the ps4 community. This should allow us to see who is online and coordinate matches better on PS4.

Cool, thanks.

Not sure which version I should buy ( PS4 or Xbox One ). I know PS4 is 1080p, but then again, I own an Elite controller.

Is there anyone who played both versions and maybe used the Elite Controller?

cackhyena

Not sure which version I should buy ( PS4 or Xbox One ). I know PS4 is 1080p, but then again, I own an Elite controller.

Is there anyone who played both versions and maybe used the Elite Controller?

I haven't, but I just prefer the XB1 controller for shooters. Visually, it's fine. I don't think you'd regret going with the console that lets you play with that controller.

As long as you are prepared and keeping your crosshair at the window spots then window shooters shouldn't be a big deal. In fact they can be advantageous for attackers because it's so easy to take down a few defenders looking for easy kills as they put their head right in an obvious window hole.

Servers down again?

Every day at the same time. Fuck you Ubisoft.

I dunno about the servers, but just trying to keep a party of 4 together for a few rounds of Terrorist Hunt is proving a nightmare yet again tonight. The way the game handles parties on PS4 in general is a joke, kicking people out when changing modes etc. You can't even join on your friends. In 2015.

Ruken

Banned
I've heard good things and want to buy this game. As a big fan of old rainbow six, how similar is this to like rogue spear or raven shield? I know there isn't a planning mode, but can you still have another AI team clear huge chunks of the map on their own??

Valkrai

Hit detection still feels like garbage. I hit a Doc 3 times in the head with a AR33 and it didn't count. Only hit like 10 hp.

I'm done playing ranked with randoms. No callouts, no help, nothing.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my profile and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

To join the Favorites group, Follow these instructions:

If you are a member of the PS4 community, I added you to the Favorites group.

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:
BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF one. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

Note that if you left the chat you will not be able to join the favorites group. Please let me know if you need another invite to the group!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD
LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

nOoblet16

PS4 PLAYERS!

The community can be joined by selecting my profile and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

To join the Favorites group, add me as a friend or send me a message saying you would like to join and I will send you an invite. The group chat cannot be turned off so be aware if you spam in the chat I will remove you from the group. Please only use the group chat as a means to find people to play with and use the community board for general chit chat.

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

can you invite me to the group chat? You got me in your friendlist.

I've seen it happen a handful of times (maybe 3). It was a Jager too (alongside a Smoke) in one instance. Both were definitely in a squad of 3 or 4. The Jager guy even announced to the rest of the team that they'd be using the tactic. I followed both of them to the back of the plane, saw them get one or two kills,and then went apeshit on them. I killed the Jager guy and left the Smoke bleeding, then put my gauge to the hostage's face, killed her, and quit match. I Didn't want to be a part of such cheap ass shit/wins.

I mean, they can counter it, just don't move when you spawn and aim at the entry points of the plane, right away. I possibly exagerated it a little, you can't see them actually spawn in, just if they move a foot or two, and they always do. Plus if it's only jager doing it then it only works 1/2 of the time. What you did, shooting the hostage just seems silly, as it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination.

On any map on this game, if I'm playing Jager or Tachanka (his 40 dmg carbine is decent at mid-long range), I will kill someone in the first five seconds of a round, 50% of the time. It's not just the airplane. It's how this game is built at a fundamental level.

As far as I see it, it's part of the game. If Ubisoft want to fix it, they can, I don't mind that, but I'll always play a game as it is, and nothing Ubisoft have done has suggested they don't want the opening defensive offense to be a play people may employ.

It has its downsides too. Sometimes I get shot and killed by being greedy and trying to take more than I should, and it only works due to the over-emphasis on the drones finding the objective. At higher levels of play you will realise that it is equally significant to get an idea where enemy operators are. Most of the games I play in private or against ranked parties above gold 1 (rank) are composed of teams of at least three roamers. Use your drones to check the entry ways, not just to find the objective. When I do this with Jager I take down the entire doorway on Airplane, so it's very obvious what I'm doing.

Compared to the alpha and early beta where the defensive team could just run right outside the building though, defenders are really inhibited though. If you think this Jager nonsense is bad... then you don't even know. :p

Really, most times I've seen or done it, it's caught the attackers completely off guard and throws them off.

Thats why they need to introduce spawn location vote in casual too. its pretty fucking frustrating having to spawn and be downed a second later, because someone ripped down a barricade in the setup round and are just ADS near the spawn area on Plane. I am glad it hasn't caught on too much, atleast from my experience on PS4..

Kalentan

Um... Tried to join a MP... But nothing seemed to happen. It found players but then went to a blank screen with the background just slowly moving.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I think I may have figured it out..

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF one. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

Note that if you left the chat you will not be able to join the favorites group. Please let me know if you need another invite to the group!

sam777

I am thinking about buying this but got a question.
Is talking to teammates key or would I be able to play successfully without chatting to others?

Thanks.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I am thinking about buying this but got a question.
Is talking to teammates key or would I be able to play successfully without chatting to others?

Thanks.

you gotta talk to each other.. It is not the same game without the communication and can get super frustrating.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
None of my matches load. Just stuck on the loading screen...

Holy fuck, this game keeps getting more broken by the day.

It's literally getting worse by the day, I have no idea how that's even possible. I may just stop trying until they patch again because holy fuck is it frustrating rn.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!

The community
can be joined by selecting my profile and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join. You will not really be able to see who is playing online so it is best to join the favorites group via the instructions below.

To join the Favorites group
Follow these instructions:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

kvk1

None of my matches load. Just stuck on the loading screen...

Holy fuck, this game keeps getting more broken by the day.

I've won like 3 matches today and no reknown... Just stuck with that Data Synchronizing bullshit screen.

Yeah, 3rd (4th?) day of this now.

My worry is that the employees are actually on Christmas/New Year's vacation until Monday, and that this weekend will be even more of a disaster with the increased player count.

I hope not though, fingers crossed.

KooPaL

My worry is that the employees are actually on Christmas/New Year's vacation until Monday, and that this weekend will be even more of a disaster with the increased player count.

I hope not though, fingers crossed.

I hope so too. I mean i just started playing with my friends recently and it sucks getting no reknown and not being able to buy operators.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I think that's a safe bet, sadly. I wouldn't expect a patch until 2nd week of January at the earliest.

Anyone with PC mic issues figure out how to resolve them?

I have a Blue Snowball mic and for some reason no one can hear me in-game. Mumble/voice recorder both confirm it is working fine.

KodaRuss

Good idea, thanks for doing that. Been busy the past couple of days and have not been on but should have time this week.

I am excited to hear more about the DLC coming soon, two more operators right?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Good idea, thanks for doing that. Been busy the past couple of days and have not been on but should have time this week.

I am excited to hear more about the DLC coming soon, two more operators right?
Yup. Two Canadian operators. In January.

I was a long time Raven Shield player back in the day and loved the old Rainbow Six, played some Vegas, but then lost interest because it just didn't feel the same. Any Raven Shield players playing this right now that have some impressions?

LevelCap posted a vid about damage for weapons, doesn't give you all the info you need but it shows a difference between in game menu damage and real damage.
Hopefully symthic does something to show us the data!

Level said that the MP5 only does 25 damage to the chest to a Level 1 armor! (where it states 40 damage in the menu)

Top Bottom