• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Mentok

Banned
PSA: DON'T join the GAF favourites group!! It's been spammed by random people. It's probably going to have to be redone again.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PSA: DON'T join the GAF favourites group!! It's been spammed by random people. It's probably going to have to be redone again.
This chat is for grouping up only. Not general chitchat as people hate getting spammed with notifications.Sorry about the spam from some people. Please block the spammers because for some reason I cannot boot people from the chat.

If it gets out of control then i will remake it as invite only.

Kalentan

Um... Can a pistol do max damage (as in knock me down and kill me) with one bullet and not a headshot? Cause that is what just happened. No headshot, one bullet, dead instantly. Said the shot did 120% of my health.

Edit: Wow... I died cause my foot had gone through the wall when I was downed and they shot it... They need to fix that...

nOoblet16

Well yeah, but console users don't have that :p

Actually speaking of which, I'm half tempted to get this on PC, but I just want it for PS4. How heavy is the aim assist?

I am reading that a lot of people spray and pray and get lucky with headshots on consoles, is that true?

People spray and pray in Counter Strike too and can get lucky, at times they shoot the neck and it ends up as headshot..doesn't mean it happens often though.

There is no aim assist in ranked mode on consoles, and there is a small aim assist in casual mode. It's nothing like Destiny or pre Halo 5 Halo, it's subtle.

Was just listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY Day 3 cast and someone brings this game and up Jeff says 'it's basically a F2P game with how it's all based around micro transactions'. Makes me wanna scream into my phone, it's nothing like that!

Out of interest how much would it be to "buy" the amount of renown for all current operators?

I don't think you can directly buy renown, you can only buy boosters?

It's not worth it though, you can unlock all operators within 20hours game time, and there are most likely many that you would not want to play, depending on your playstyle. For instance, I do not play shields or low-armour attackers.

Drewfonse

People spray and pray in Counter Strike too and can get lucky, at times they shoot the neck and it ends up as headshot..doesn't mean it happens often though.

There is no aim assist in ranked mode on consoles, and there is a small aim assist in casual mode. It's nothing like Destiny or pre Halo 5 Halo, it's subtle.

I had no idea that console casual had a subtle aim assist. Sure doesn't feel like it has any to me.

I had no idea that console casual had a subtle aim assist. Sure doesn't feel like it has any to me.

Yeah I switch between ranked and casual daily and it doesn't seem to be any different to me.

I may have turned some things off in the settings though. I know I turned aim assist off for the TH mode.

cormack12

Gold Member
I thought aim assist was only for situations and normal TerroHunt?

I'm only playing casual at the moment but there deffo doesn't seem to be any aim assist.

K.Sabot

Was just listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY Day 3 cast and someone brings this game and up Jeff says 'it's basically a F2P game with how it's all based around micro transactions'. Makes me wanna scream into my phone, it's nothing like that!

It's Giant Bomb.....

Giant Bomb MO: Play for an hour, misrepresent it, none of the other GB members play due to the initial representation, reiterate the statement in the future until canonical.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Bomb MO: Play for an hour, misrepresent it, none of the other GB members play due to the initial representation, reiterate the statement in the future until canonical.

I love Giant Bomb more than is perhaps reasonable but this can be frighteningly accurate. But Austin also played RSS and didn't disagree with Jeff which is really disappointing.

nOoblet16

Can we have some love for Indian operatives for once in a game please...if there is any company that would be inclusive of Indians in their game, it's Ubisoft.

Gimme them Garud commandos with their TAR-21, MP5 and M4 Carbine.

oaEzSpQ.jpg

Or MARCOS with Galil, M4-A1, AK-103

Or this bearded badass from Para Commando with their TAR-21, FN FAL

Alienous

Can we have some love for Indian operatives for once in a game please...if there is any company that would be inclusive of Indians in their game, it's Ubisoft.

Gimme them Garud commandos with their TAR-21, MP5 and M4 Carbine.

oaEzSpQ.jpg

Silly soldiers, you can't pull a trigger with mittens on.

Klyka

Banned

Giant Bomb, to me, is a horrible Website,run by terrible People who suck at their Job and spread misinformation and bad moods across the gmaing community.

How People can willingly give them time and Money, I will never understand.

But they are successful,so I might just not "get them".

Psykotik

Giant Bomb, to me, is a horrible Website,run by terrible People who suck at their Job and spread misinformation and bad moods across the gmaing community.

totally agree.

KodaRuss

I rarely go to Giant Bomb but it is usually quality stuff when I do check them out.

However, if their quote on R6 is all they said about the game in their GOTY show then that is a large mistake and hopefully someone corrects them for it or at least they recognize what exactly the game is.

If it were my job to be a games "journalist" then I would try not to misrepresent games like that but maybe I am asking too much of them.

I hope that this game ends up being a success in UBI's eyes because I want them to continue the franchise and hopefully make another one with a campaign on par with Article 5. I really enjoyed that mission as well as all the unique operators/countries that they brought to the game.

Agreed. They are really bad at their job.

I feel like your whole post is bait and will just derail this thread, which should be about RS and not GB. Also, what's with the weird capitalizations?

Klyka

Banned
I feel like your whole post is bait and will just derail this thread, which should be about RS and not GB. Also, what's with the weird capitalizations?

I am not known for "bait posts". I just stated my opinion on GB.

The capitalization comes from German Internet Explorer 11 which I had to use at work and was too lazy to fix :p

Calling them terrible people is way out of line.

Terrible people are those JROTC commandos that are barking out orders from the start of the match, going one by one through the roster giving extreme detail on how to use each character's special ability in defense. Then trying to organize the position of each player and how to react when the match starts. If Rook attempts to reinforce a wall before placing his body armor he's in your face like he's prepared to enact a military code of war zone law and execute you for insubordination. He reacts to your muting him by following through with the execution and then attempts to kick you from a server where the other 3 teammates are your friends and in your party. His tone is nothing but serious from the get go, and he continues barking orders as you watch the killcam and see the boot vote in the upper right corner.

Terrible people are those JROTC commandos that are barking out orders from the start of the match, going one by one through the roster giving extreme detail on how to use each character's special ability in defense. Then trying to organize the position of each player and how to react when the match starts. If Rook attempts to reinforce a wall before placing his body armor he's in your face like he's prepared to enact a military code of war zone law and execute you for insubordination. He reacts to your muting him by swift execution and then attempts to kick you from a server where the other 3 teammates are your friends and in your party.

Lol, that does sound terrible. Can't say I've experienced that yet.

Terrible people are those JROTC commandos that are barking out orders from the start of the match, going one by one through the roster giving extreme detail on how to use each character's special ability in defense. Then trying to organize the position of each player and how to react when the match starts. If Rook attempts to reinforce a wall before placing his body armor he's in your face like he's prepared to enact a military code of war zone law and execute you for insubordination. He reacts to your muting him by following through with the execution and then attempts to kick you from a server where the other 3 teammates are your friends and in your party. His tone is nothing but serious from the get go, and he continues barking orders as you watch the killcam and see the boot vote in the upper right corner.

That happened to you more than once?

Just had a big noob moment. In a room on 46 health, guy on my team starts unloading a piston on me, I turn around and blow his head off with my shotgun, messages me saying why did I shoot him and that he was healing me. Felt so bad :(

Drewfonse

Hahaha. Reason number 17 that I have it set so I can only hear friends. Yes, it puts me at a disadvantage in games like this, but boy is it worth it. I can't stand people who take games that seriously.

Although I must admit that I get antsy if a Rook doesn't immediately deploy armor.

That happened to you more than once?

Just once, last night. I have had some people close to that intensity level tho. I'm pretty decent at this game too, average about 10 kills a match and am constantly helping the team, so it's not like I'm asking for it. I mostly shared to re-rail the thread.

Top Bottom