• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Yeah what was already said - A good roamer can totally make a defense strategy by flanking the attackers. I'm getting pretty good at it as I've finally got a decent handle on all the maps (and I'm like rank 57 or something - it takes a long time to learn them!) so I like to roam, plus sitting and waiting makes me a nervous wreck. But you need at least 3 people around the objective(s) or there's the risk that OpFor just walks away with it while half the team is still alive. But a good roamer = godtier.

That's a bit of a relief. I've been playing for like 20 hrs, at level 13, and I still have very little sense of where everything is in each map.

arimanius

Anyone notice the brightness off on Xbox One. Started it up today and everything looks washed over. Like I've got my brightness settings cranked, which I dont.

It's playing well tho.

On the Ps4 I had to crank my brightness down from default 50 to 25.

On another note I'm getting pauses when I turn occasionally. Wonder if I need to mess around with the controller settings.

_woLf

What's the maximum party size for playing terrorist hunt with friends? And for other modes?

edit: another question. If I already used a bullets or blades code to get AC Syndicate, could I use a different code to get this?

terrible

Banned
What is the best sound setting if you're using headphones with a mixamp? I have it on hi-fi but the positional audio isn't great. I can hear things from a mile away but it's hard to tell exactly where it's coming from.

It should really in the OP, but I definitely recommend you turn off bloom completely. It makes seeing attackers in doorways actually possible.

That's a PC only option I assume?

nOoblet16

What are your thought on a rogue defender leaving everyone else to defend the room/hostage/container? My friends play with a guy who always wants to leave the area to go attack the attackers and he may get 4 kills in a round but it becomes super boring as a defender. I don't care if we necessarily win but more to have fun, and it's not fun waiting for only 1 or 2 attackers. Am I crazy or is he being a dick?
You need at least 2 roamers, when we play we usually have 3 roamers in positions that they can ambush attackers but also provide immediate support to other roamers if needed.

This is a single life attack defend game, which is why waiting is part of the game while defending.

Just to give you an example, there was a team who holed up in objective room and I took them all out on my own without even entering the room by using cluster charge.

You also don't wanna reinforce every bit of the room as you want to funnel attackers down a specific rouge, so if you leave a wall or two they will use that. You also want to make use of murder holes, which you can't if you reinforce the walls.

I just got the game 2 nights ago and wow it is alot of fun. I have been playing it a bunch with my friend or solo. All of the classes are fun and surprisingly different.
Only few things that are bad is the match making is sometimes slow and there are a few bugs, but nothing really major.
I need to join some of the gaf games maybe tomorrow.

I've had some excellent experiences when the defenders deliberately leave one side of the objective room 'open' (or at least comparatively softer than the other walls/windows)... really funnels attackers into traps and roamers, at least during the initial wave. If you break that with a few kills, their coordination usually falls apart.

Unfortunately, this only really works with good comms.

nOoblet16

On the Ps4 I had to crank my brightness down from default 50 to 25.

On another note I'm getting pauses when I turn occasionally. Wonder if I need to mess around with the controller settings.

It's an issue with the game, seems like a networking issue.
Also you should turn up the brightness imo, makes things easier to see.

What's the best set up for an elite controller on this?

Mostly the same, except for setting crouch/prone to one of the paddles.
And lean for two more paddles.

If you use only two paddles, then make sure to assign them for lean.

This is one game where it's more or less unnecessary as the game rarely requires a lot of input and doing multiple movement/action at a time just puts you at a disadvantage. So say you are in a fight and you decide to crouch/prone, in any other game it would give you an advantage while in this game you'll just get yourself killed as your character won't be able to hit anything while you do that.

Drewfonse

I'm not playing on X1 (PC here), but I can safely say this: use two paddles at minimum, with each corresponding to a lean direction.

I just can't get used to using the paddles on my elite. I assigned two of them to lean, but it just feels so awkward. And I hit them by mistake.

I like using the hair triggers settings with this game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
How do I get in on some PS4 action with you fine folk? I'm part of the community but it doesn't look like you can just jump into to sessions and what not.

Jb

I realized that this might be the funniest game I've played in 2015. So many random laugh out loud moments when someone does something spectacularly stupid, on our team or theirs. One time I managed to get the defender to shoot the hostage by circling around her with my shock drone. Good stuff :)

NeoGiff

How do I get in on some PS4 action with you fine folk? I'm part of the community but it doesn't look like you can just jump into to sessions and what not.

I'm wondering this, too. I haven't been able to join any GAFfers. It was different in the MGO GAF group when I still played that - if there was space in a party, any member could just jump in via the community. Not sure what the issue is with this one.

Drewfonse

Guys, this game is life right now

So true. I can count on one hand the number of games that have addicted me to this degree. And I've been playing video games for over 35 years.

Does anyone know which game clock time is accurate, the game hub one or the ubi R6 website? One says 65 hrs, the other says 40??

arimanius

You DEFINITELY have to. But no, It's not the settings. I get pauses like this too once in a while.

Glad to know I'm not going insane. I tweaked the deadzones last night and by tweak I mean all the way down. Really seemed to help.

It's an issue with the game, seems like a networking issue.
Also you should turn up the brightness imo, makes things easier to see.

Hopefully they can fix it. yeah I've been messing with the brightness the last few days. At one point I had it really low. I might try in the 30s but once I get past that the screen just becomes washed out.

So true. I can count on one hand the number of games that have addicted me to this degree. And I've been playing video games for over 35 years.

Does anyone know which game clock time is accurate, the game hub one or the ubi R6 website? One says 65 hrs, the other says 40??

gamehub counts all hours on the game including loading, menus, etc. I think the ubi site is ACTUAL in-game time

Had some fun private games last night. Guy I was with was messing with timers, defuse times, and mixing up the teams.

It was all good fun until the two teams had an argument. Problem was they were doing all this with 8 people in a single party, so the losing team of one match were annoyed that we were all sharing an audio channel.

I agreed, it was a fair point. The guy setting up the lobby couldn't understand the complaint, but I do think it ruined the games a bit without having a clear audio channel.

For whatever reason, the guy also set it to require 10 rounds to win. So seeing some of the killcounts was really amusing. In one of the matches I was on 23:2.

The opposing team kept getting annoyed that I was spawn killing them with Jager. I wonder if Ubisoft should address this? It is kinda unfair. If you pick the right spots you can see them as they spawn on some maps. On Plane especially you can actually shoot them within half a second of them spawning in. Additionally, with two players you can cover the entire outside of plane. It really is a bad map.

Clydebink

Neo Member
The opposing team kept getting annoyed that I was spawn killing them with Jager. I wonder if Ubisoft should address this? It is kinda unfair. If you pick the right spots you can see them as they spawn on some maps. On Plane especially you can actually shoot them within half a second of them spawning in. Additionally, with two players you can cover the entire outside of plane. It really is a bad map.

I haven't encountered this, but that sounds game-breaking. I hope it gets fixed before it becomes well-known.

Peace Tea

I haven't encountered this, but that sounds game-breaking. I hope it gets fixed before it becomes well-known.

I've seen it happen a handful of times (maybe 3). It was a Jager too (alongside a Smoke) in one instance. Both were definitely in a squad of 3 or 4. The Jager guy even announced to the rest of the team that they'd be using the tactic. I followed both of them to the back of the plane, saw them get one or two kills,and then went apeshit on them. I killed the Jager guy and left the Smoke bleeding, then put my gauge to the hostage's face, killed her, and quit match. I Didn't want to be a part of such cheap ass shit/wins.

Klyka

Banned
I've seen it happen a handful of times (maybe 3). It was a Jager too (alongside a Smoke) in one instance. Both were definitely in a squad of 3 or 4. The Jager guy even announced to the rest of the team that they'd be using the tactic. I followed both of them to the back of the plane, saw them get one or two kills,and then went apeshit on them. I killed the Jager guy and left the Smoke bleeding, then put my gauge to the hostage's face, killed her, and quit match. I Didn't want to be a part of such cheap ass shit/wins.

Uh, the defenders shooting out of entry barricades is a legitimate tactic, there isn't much wrong with it.

It can be a bit stupid on plane but them is the works, they'll probably fix that.

NeoGiff

Just had a really clutch C4 moment. We were boxed into a corridor, 3 on 3, and then explosions happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCqwlbdKb4

I'm sure they're glad to be rid of you.

Peace Tea

Uh, the defenders shooting out of entry barricades is a legitimate tactic, there isn't much wrong with it.

It can be a bit stupid on plane but them is the works, they'll probably fix that.

Nah, its a lame a tactic to use on new players. Ranked is the only place id expect it (i don't play ranked though).

Rainbow Six has a hold on my heart at the moment. Bought Xenoblade for Wii U and SOMA but every night when I get home its R6 that I boot up to play with friends. This game is so good. Matchmaking is terrible and searching for a game with 4 in a party is torture, but the game itself is so good and addicting.

Clydebink

Neo Member

I'm confused. The original poster was implying that the attackers had no time to reach cover. Are we talking about just shooting out of barricades or spawn-killing before the attackers could reasonably ready themselves for that particular tactic?

Finally have some working internet again. Was having major lag and disconnects last night and then my DSL just gave out completely. Hella frustrating as I have Wednesday's off work and like to stay up late on Tuesday, but not last night! Sorry ps4 bros, hope it doesn't happen again tonight.

Peace Tea

I'm confused. The original poster was implying that the attackers had no time to reach cover. Are we talking about just shooting out of barricades or spawn-killing before the attackers could reasonably ready themselves for that particular tactic?

Yea Klyka's post threw me of for a sec, but my post was in response to the second scenario you just mentioned (reading themselves).

As for shooting out of barricades, it probably harms the defender more, majority of the time anyway.

Valkrai

Yea Klyka's post threw me of for a sec, but my post was in response to the second scenario you just mentioned (reading themselves).

As for shooting out of barricades, it probably harms the defender more, majority of the time anyway.

Really, most times I've seen or done it, it's caught the attackers completely off guard and throws them off.

Peace Tea

Really, most times I've seen or done it, it's caught the attackers completely off guard and throws them off.

You're right. Damn I'm equating punching barricades with shooting them. It hurts the defender if the attacker can see them punching a barricade.

Top Bottom