• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

moai

Great game but i have two questions: the game keeps putting me on the wrong data center and i have this weird bug where it gets stuck on the loading screen (the one that its just black with some white particles). Are these known issues?
Im on ps4, thanks.

kvk1

LevelCap posted a vid about damage for weapons, doesn't give you all the info you need but it shows a difference between in game menu damage and real damage.
Hopefully symthic does something to show us the data!

Level said that the MP5 only does 25 damage to the chest to a Level 1 armor! (where it states 40 damage in the menu)

that was matimio

https://youtu.be/p7Ly7ULalHM

good video though

and his twitch streams are fantastic, i highly recommend

EDIT: Nope, LevelCap did a very similar video apparently, my mistake!

https://youtu.be/mHv2T30943Q

What are "Situations"? Are they like co-op scenarios?

I am watching gameplay so much, it looks so fun. In one instance, a guy used his camera to hide inside a room, and the enemy outside was going prone to shoot it. It was just funny for some reason because the enemy was contemplating going in or moving on.

What ended up happening was a 1v3, because the guy who was using the camera droid wasn't with his team. He manages to repel to a window, take out one guy, then takes the hostage in a dicey move, while tossing flash at a doorway.

He gets outside, and starts getting shot, but actually successfully makes it. It was real tense.

How have the communities for this game on consoles done in past iterations like Vegas? I have heard a lot of good things, but these games have never been uber popular or mentioned often in MP circles.

I also perceive rapid price drops. $80 Canadian is way over the top, and I did get a game for Christmas, but now I really wish I was paying more attention to this thread instead :p

Freeman76

I am thinking about buying this but got a question.
Is talking to teammates key or would I be able to play successfully without chatting to others?

Thanks.

Im enjoying the hell out of it and i dont use a mic. Just play casual, its for casuals. I had some super tense moments and some great teamwork. The game is set up in such a way that it forces you to work as a team. Sure you get the odd doughnut but thats true for all games not just this. Im sure communication would make the game even more amazing but i dont have that opportunity most of the time and it isnt affecting my buzz.

Tarnpanzer

I hope so too. I mean i just started playing with my friends recently and it sucks getting no reknown and not being able to buy operators.

You get 6000 for getting 3 stars on all situations(easy), and 800 by watching the tutorial videos and another 200 through ubisoft club. Should be enough to buy many operators.

Whoa man. Watching gameplay where one guy is looking through a camera and his teammate is behind some aisle. He tells his teammate not to turn the corner because an enemy is moving up. Cameraman spots the enemy, then says "he's going to take out the camera". Enemy does just that, but he's marked anyway, so his friend pops out and finishes him.

Freaking cool.

It would have been cool if you could shout out text commands, sort of like in Rocket League. Not sure if the dpad is used for anything, but if some people really dont want to use mics, text commands can be super useful.

You can text chat just your team or everyone on PC.

Well yeah, but console users don't have that :p

Actually speaking of which, I'm half tempted to get this on PC, but I just want it for PS4. How heavy is the aim assist?

I am reading that a lot of people spray and pray and get lucky with headshots on consoles, is that true?

Animator

Is IQ the main character of the game or something. Finishing the secret Article 5 mission gives a IQ skin. Getting the season pass also gives a IQ only skin. It is lame because IQ is the one operator I never play with. :(

What are "Situations"? Are they like co-op scenarios?

:p

Single player missions. 3 starring them all unlocks a secret t-hunt mission on a new map (university campus).

Klyka

Banned
Whoa man. Watching gameplay where one guy is looking through a camera and his teammate is behind some aisle. He tells his teammate not to turn the corner because an enemy is moving up. Cameraman spots the enemy, then says "he's going to take out the camera". Enemy does just that, but he's marked anyway, so his friend pops out and finishes him.

Freaking cool.

It would have been cool if you could shout out text commands, sort of like in Rocket League. Not sure if the dpad is used for anything, but if some people really dont want to use mics, text commands can be super useful.

Did this exact same thing earlier with Twitch's shock drone. Guy was sitting in the kitchen on Plane and I drove my drone in, shocked him and ran, he turned around to shoot me and BAM my buddy shoots him in the back.

I have become an absolute lover of driving drones, especially the shock drone, during my team's assault and providing close intel around corners and such while they move up.

Sure,it's one less gun at that moment, but usually the intel is deadlier than my bullets would be :D

Back up to Gold I in ranked now. 12:1 win ratio.

Can't believe that single disconnection from before caused me to drop from Gold I down to Silver IV. Such a silly system, no transparency to it either. Really should tell you how much the matches are contributing to your rank when you're winning or losing, and have a numeric value to represent that rank, so that variation can be understood.

arimanius

Trying to play for the first time today. Wow my guy is moving all over the place and a kill cam showed the guy aiming at the floor and killing me instead. Lol

Maulik

I requested to join the ps4 gaf group if someone can send me an invite. Just got the game today.

PSN ID: Recipe4disastr

Smidget

"Glad" to hear it's not just me with server issues and not getting renown etc. hopefully it'll be back up just fine soon...

diamount

Banned
They have to sort these server issues out or people will abandon the game in their droves. Which means no money for cosmetics/season passes for Ubisoft.

They have to sort these server issues out or people will abandon the game in their droves. Which means no money for cosmetics/season passes for Ubisoft.

For reals. People set aside time to play with friends and the game is just not working.

A couple of days I can understand. Multiple days as issues get progressively worse? That's much harder.

Games practically unplayable half the time. It's such a fantastic game mired by so many problems that prevent you from getting into the actual game. I've had friends just quit and go play other stuff while I hope it ends up working.

I can't even recommend it to anyone in its current state. Ubi really needs to get their act together.

For reals. People set aside time to play with friends and the game is just not working.

A couple of days I can understand. Multiple days as issues get progressively worse? That's much harder.

Games practically unplayable half the time. It's such a fantastic game mired by so many problems that prevent you from getting into the actual game. I've had friends just quit and go play other stuff while I hope it ends up working.

I can't even recommend it to anyone in its current state. Ubi really needs to get their act together.

I'm crazy addicted to this game but the server issues are a little ridiculous. It also seems like they've removed the ability to re join a ranked game that you get dropped from. There are times when I feel like I'm playing a bargain bin 360 game.

I'm crazy addicted to this game but the server issues are a little ridiculous. It also seems like they've removed the ability to re join a ranked game that you get dropped from. There are times when I feel like I'm playing a bargain bin 360 game.

I don't even know what my rank is anymore. I can't remember the last time my rank or renown showed up post-game.

Peace Tea

Loving how with enough gunfire everyone's voice gets amplified to 11. Twitch's soft voice gets loud and out of character, and Smoke almost sounds like a total mad-man when putting his beauties in position.

Loving how with enough gunfire everyone's voice gets amplified to 11. Twitch's soft voice gets loud and out of character, and Smoke almost sounds like a total mad-man when putting his beauties in position.

Lmao, its so strange sometimes. It triggers the loud voices for me during the planning phase when I shoot to make openings sometimes and it always scares tbr fuck outta me. More so since I play with headphones via an amp to make it really loud.

Mentok

Banned
Ugh...I have to say this...this game is ASS when you have a party of 4. I've literally been waiting for a game for 20 minutes now. So damn annoying....

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Ugh...I have to say this...this game is ASS when you have a party of 4. I've literally been waiting for a game for 20 minutes now. So damn annoying....
Crazy to me this happens. Like there really are not a ton of people playing solo in casual? Really?

Top Bottom