• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Just had a big noob moment. In a room on 46 health, guy on my team starts unloading a piston on me, I turn around and blow his head off with my shotgun, messages me saying why did I shoot him and that he was healing me. Felt so bad :(

But there is no healing in this....

He's playing you.

Klyka

Banned
But there is no healing in this....

He's playing you.

I bet it was a Doc who thinks his "heal dart" can actually heal wounds,instead of just picking people back up.

OR he wanted to down him and then pick him back up with the dart which brings you back with 75 health I think?

Just once, last night. I have had some people close to that intensity level tho. I'm pretty decent at this game too, average about 10 kills a match and am constantly helping the team, so it's not like I'm asking for it. I mostly shared to re-rail the thread.

Oh ok, I thought it was more of a warning for what new types of deranged individual Siege might've spawned online.

Oh my god some of the games I had earlier

"Don't thermite through until we take this camera, they will use it to take a flank"

no response

*thermite thermites anyway*

We continue, all on the radar at all times, because we couldn't figure out which camera was spotting yet they opened the door leaving us pinned anyway.

"Don't go inside until you at least have an idea where they are"

Two of them go inside, get shot, die immediately.

Another enemy jumps out of the window, flanks and wipes the other two.

I just couldn't cope anymore. I'm sorry to to the team I was playing with (I think some were from GAF), but I couldn't continue to watch what was happening.

iMax

My favourite new technique is sending a drone to the bottom of an amor panel, looking for enemies, and shooting them through the panel with Glaz. So satisfying.

Raven117

Okay, I know this has been answered a million times, but how do we join up on the Ps4 Gaf group?

This game is a ton of fun.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community
can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join. You will not really be able to see who is playing online so it is best to join the favorites group via the instructions below.

To join the Favorites group
Follow these instructions:

If you are a member of the PS4 community, I added you to the Favorites group.

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:
BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

Note that if you left the chat you will not be able to join the favorites group. Please let me know if you need another invite to the group!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

Note that there are a few jerkoffs in the chat that post pictures and stupid shit unrelated to R6 grouping. Please Just block them as they pop up and ignore them. Sony does not allow anyone to boot people from a chat.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

Raven117

PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community
can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join. You will not really be able to see who is playing online so it is best to join the favorites group via the instructions below.

To join the Favorites group
Follow these instructions:

If you are a member of the PS4 community, I added you to the Favorites group.

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

Note that if you left the chat you will not be able to join the favorites group. Please let me know if you need another invite to the group!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

Note that there are a few jerkoffs in the chat that post pictures and stupid shit unrelated to R6 grouping. Please Just block them as they pop up and ignore them. Sony does not allow anyone to boot people from a chat.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

I do wish to join Rainbow 6 ps4 Gaf! My PSN Name is Tex117

Everdred

Was just listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY Day 3 cast and someone brings this game and up Jeff says 'it's basically a F2P game with how it's all based around micro transactions'. Makes me wanna scream into my phone, it's nothing like that!
Their coverage of the game has driven me nuts. They didn't really give the game a chance. It also doesn't help that these conversations for GOTY were recorded 3 weeks ago. This is coming from someone that loves Giant Bomb.

diamount

Banned
I still haven't got out of the habit for aiming for the body, I wish there was an easier way to practice aiming for the head. Because in Terrorist Hunt they are always standing up right?

Ceej

I have to say, I find that 99% of all games give me no emotional reaction, no rush, but I find this game utterly terrifying.

I'm playing the final situation in the chalet. I grab the hostage, release the hostage, run and prone in the bathtub like a tornado is coming: it is. I dispatch the first few souls with quick burst fire headshots before baiting them again by taking and releasing the hostage. I jump back into the bathtub and get ready to take out the next set of foes when I hear breaking and scuffling to my side. I quickly turn, fire and miss. He yells "FRAG OUT". At this point I had no idea they had frags out of the 10+ times I've played this mission. Clearly, I wasn't prepared for this eventuality and panic: I try to get out of the tub but can't. Spacebar doesn't stand you up apparently, so I'm scrambling for my prone key as milliseconds pass and leap out of the tub. Fuck the tango, I'll take my chances I just need away from instadeath. I sprint pass the tango, he misses me so I turn and fire. Tango down. I crouch and listen closely... more coming? No. Just the sound of my own turning boots on the ground. So let's try this one more time shall we? Tell them I've got the hostage, let him go and back in the tub.

Heart out of chest with every passing footstep that may not be mine. Flinch and gasp reflexively upon an unexpected death and a big sigh of relief upon extraction. I have never felt so relentlessly pursued by an artificial foe... didn't they read the AI manual where they wait patiently for me to come to them first? God I fucking love this game. And I say this as a fan of the originals. Outfuckingstanding.

Cutwolf

I've been trying to play this game, excited about the tactical and objective based nature, but every game just turns into tactical team death match. Across dozens of games (solo queue, to be fair), I have yet to see a hostage extracted, and I've seen maybe one objective completed, and then only because it was 4 on 1 and the 4 planted the defuser.

Does it get better in parties?

Freeman76

I've been trying to play this game, excited about the tactical and objective based nature, but every game just turns into tactical team death match. Across dozens of games (solo queue, to be fair), I have yet to see a hostage extracted, and I've seen maybe one objective completed, and then only because it was 4 on 1 and the 4 planted the defuser.

Does it get better in parties?

It will do of course.

Playing casual with randoms takes patience but then you do find good groups who know some tactics. Then your main battle is with the servers so you can stay grouped.

I'm listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY series now and they did Siege a disservice by describing it the way they did. It seems like all it takes for a game to be deemed "F2P" (a backhanded way of saying "not worth a dollar") is to ship without a single player mode. You'd think the online-only stigma wouldn't be spread by people who're supposedly well informed.

kvk1

It's mainly Jeff. Who seems more jaded and petulant in these discussions than he usually is.

If you go into the GOTY thread you'll see that most of us from here share the same frustration, and try to make it known that his statements are genuinely misinformed.

But this shit:

Giant Bomb, to me, is a horrible Website,run by terrible People who suck at their Job and spread misinformation and bad moods across the gmaing community.

Is wrong and doesn't really help.

KodaRuss

This round right here was THE most buttclenching round I have played.

HOLY SHIT down to the last moment of the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNlJ-9NY8bU

Nice win. Dumb mistakes by the opposing team and you made them pay. I dont know how many times I am saying "Make them beat us, dont go to them. They are the attackers we do not need to hunt them down to win." The urge is just too strong to try and go out and get the last attacker, when that is exactly what you want them to do.

KodaRuss

What do the Canadians do?
Use Maple syrup guns and say sorry? :p

But really why would they have US again considering they already have FBI.

Because 'Murica. The Canadian's will likely be in all red and riding a horse.

Really excited to see the Canadian Special forces actually.

Danny 117

Thinking of picking this up. Where are the players at? Mainly game on XBO and vastly prefer the controller for FPS but I also have a PS4!

You missed the round when you gassed me to my death :/

Yeah, I edited that out. I thought about including the part where I threw Smoke's gas grenade and it stuck in midair. I truly thought the graphics were just glitching out and I didn't think it would do that. I am still sorry, man. FORGIVE ME!

Thinking of picking this up. Where are the players at? Mainly game on XBO and vastly prefer the controller for FPS but I also have a PS4!

Not sure about the XBO community, but PS4 GAF community is going pretty strong and there seems to be a good amount of people playing at most times and we could always use more lol.

Is anyone in the GTA or close by?

Any chance I can get someone to shareplay the game with me? Id just like to try out the full MP experience for like 10 min

K.Sabot

Should be able to cook flashbangs if my character is gonna yell "THROWING A FLASHBANG" to where it's heard throughout the entire map.

It's a real assy item when the best application is to throw it, my character yell they're flashbanging, peek the spot before the flashbang explodes, and shoot them as they're turning around. I want pop flash strats.

Should be able to cook flashbangs if my character is gonna yell "THROWING A FLASHBANG" to where it's heard throughout the entire map.

It's a real assy item when the best application is to throw it, my character yell they're flashbanging, peek the spot before the flashbang explodes, and shoot them as they're turning around. I want pop flash strats.

I don't think the enemy team can hear your call-outs. It's mostly for your team's well being.

Keihart

It's hard to counter all shields + frags if you're not all ready for it, and equipped with nitros.

They trolled us good. It was actually kind of amusing.

I really think that Smoke is the best defender against shields, you have 4 AOE counting the nitro and high mobility, a precision weapon and a CQC one. But as always, you can get outsmarted regardless OTL

I really think that Smoke is the best defender against shields, you have 4 AOE counting the nitro and high mobility, a precision weapon and a CQC one. But as always, you can get outsmarted regardless OTL

Yup. I was playing as Jager mostly, but the last few days I have been loving Smoke. His SMG is insane and if I don't play dumb I can take out shields easily. Had a Montagne stuck in a corner the other day and just threw a smoke on him and watched him die. It was great.

Top Bottom