• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Mentok

Banned
What do the Canadians do?
Use Maple syrup guns and say sorry? :p

But really why would they have US again considering they already have FBI.

Lol yeah the JTF-2s sneak in, say "sorry" for the Americans' behaviour and then sneak out before anyone knows what's going on.

Seriously though, I can't wait for the new operators! I'm sitting on 35k renown, so my "bank account" is ready.

Animator

What do the Canadians do?
Use Maple syrup guns and say sorry? :p

But really why would they have US again considering they already have FBI.

Canadian operator will have a special where you can send in a c4 strapped to a beaver towards the enemy.

In other news I spent way too much money on this game because everytime I play with Manhack he has a new weapon skin and I have to go buy it too.

Canadian operator will have a special where you can send in a c4 strapped to a beaver towards the enemy.

In other news I spent way too much money on this game because everytime I play with Manhack he has a new weapon skin and I have to go buy it too.

The Canadian EOD guys I worked with in Afghanistan were bad motherfuckers.

Grimsen

I can't wait for the Canadian operators.

Got the season pass last night with a 20% off code, I don't want to grind to get em.

The Giant Bomb thing is disappointing. They, like a lot of reviewers actually, just dismissed the game after an hour or so. It's obvious from the amount of stuff they get wrong on the game.

NeoGiff

Ok, guys, can anyone tell me if I was in the wrong here?

Essentially, my friend and I were having a session. As you can see, a recruit (sometimes a sign of a griefer/team killer) shoots towards me/the hostage at the start of this video. He then actually shoots me. I still hesitate to do anything because it might have been an accident. He then fires in my direction again, so I kill him. The next round, we decided to keep an eye on him in case he tried the same shit. Lo and behold, he immediately turns to face me (I had chosen Blitz to counter this eventuality). I still give him a chance to fuck off, but the position he takes makes me suspicious because he has a clear view of my exposed back if I move forward. Then the rest of the video happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBRSRUCylI

I suppose what I'm asking is, could it have been double paranoia going on the second time? In that me staying behind him made him watch me closely too? I hate team killing, but what other choice did I have?

iMax

First gameplay from the Canadian expansion:

giphy.gif

iMax

Essentially, my friend and I were having a session. As you can see, a recruit (sometimes a sign of a griefer/team killer) shoots towards me/the hostage at the start of this video. He then actually shoots me. I still hesitate to do anything because it might have been an accident. He then fires in my direction again, so I kill him. The next round, we decided to keep an eye on him in case he tried the same shit. Lo and behold, he immediately turns to face me (I had chosen Blitz to counter this eventuality). I still give him a chance to fuck off, but the position he takes makes me suspicious because he has a clear view of my exposed back if I move forward. Then the rest of the video happens.

I suppose what I'm asking is, could it have been double paranoia going on the second time? In that me staying behind him made him watch me closely too? I hate team killing, but what other choice did I have?

I'd have done the same as you dude.

You weren't in the wrong at all. I am starting to REALLY enjoy this game, but playing with random teammates has to be the WORST. EVERYBODY here should join the GAF Community and play together because you never know what kind of moron will be on your team and it is a frustrating mess.

I REALLY think they should have a system in there where if you have a history of TKs, your friendly fire is just ricocheted. As it is, it sucks. You have to TK a LOT of people to get booted, it seems and somebody could kill the whole team at spawn before you even have a chance to vote to kick them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Canada is awesome. I used to go over there all the time.

I think the Canadian operators are going to be very useful / popular. Makes sense that their first op drop will be a strong showing, something people will want.

Okay, whatever Ubi did between yesterday and today was good stuff.

Aside from one minor hitch, I had 5-6 hours of flawless games. AND they earned me renown. Finally was able to get that rank 50 trophy.
p0QHO.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel like by now we should have some kind of blog post or whatever... "January" is pretty fucking vauge.

iMax

I feel like by now we should have some kind of blog post or whatever... "January" is pretty fucking vauge.

The six weapon skins are releasing on January 12. I'd bet the pre-release operators hit on the same day, and then the pack releases January 19.

Klyka

Banned
That would be nice if true, hope UbiSoft is doing it official. Would be interesting what the Canadian operator can do and what skills he has.

Well, if you have season pass the ops come out a week early, so that's nice.

I'll show em off a bit when I have them.

I REALLY think they should have a system in there where if you have a history of TKs, your friendly fire is just ricocheted. As it is, it sucks. You have to TK a LOT of people to get booted, it seems and somebody could kill the whole team at spawn before you even have a chance to vote to kick them.

I'll be on tonight once I get home from dinner and the movies and both of you goobs better be on.

Animator

hate dealing with uplay for party stuff... gonna be the death of it methinks

Not sure how much simpler it can get than clicking on someones name and hitting join. You do all organizing on discord anyway. Are you trying to organize parties by sending text on uplay or something?

Was just listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY Day 3 cast and someone brings this game and up Jeff says 'it's basically a F2P game with how it's all based around micro transactions'. Makes me wanna scream into my phone, it's nothing like that!

Catching up on the thread and just saw this...

That's so incredibly dumb.

iMax

Was just listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY Day 3 cast and someone brings this game and up Jeff says 'it's basically a F2P game with how it's all based around micro transactions'. Makes me wanna scream into my phone, it's nothing like that!

Typically ignorant.

I haven't used a single micro transaction and I don't intend to. Enjoying the hell out of it.

3DShovel

Was defending. Walked past a door. Died. What the fuck?

Check the kill cam.

An Ash on the opposite team shot through a door two doors deep. I happened to be in the line of sight of that shot.

Turned this shit off then and there.

Keihart

If you are gonna say that it's like a f2p game, you better mention that it's not structured arround micro transactions, saying otherwise is pretty much liying. At most, it's comparable with Lol but better.

Animator

What's the monetization plan here? Is the big thing paid operators and weapons, since maps are free?

Weapon skins. Everything else is free. I already spent like 60$ on skins and season pass simply because i love the game. They did the right thing by making game effecting content free. Community wont be divided.

Giant bomb is full of shit.

Saying the game is like F2P and all that is fucking bullshit and so ignorant on Giant Bomb. I remember reading something like that before and it put me off the game but having bought it people who say that couldn't be more wrong.

Top Bottom