• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Valkrai

Would be nice if the ranking was a bit more transparent too, in terms of how close I am to the next rank and how close I am to dropping one!

I think it should be similar to the CSGO system tbh, especially making it a bit more difficult to derank or get promoted instead of it happening every match.

dezzy8

Would be nice if the ranking was a bit more transparent too, in terms of how close I am to the next rank and how close I am to dropping one!

Yeah I don't understand the ranking system. I could win 5 games straight as a Gold 1 rank, then lose one and drop back to Silver IV. I can't stand it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely. But it needs to be experience-led, not grind-led. This arbitrary figure of 25,000R in no way reflects the current balance of value within the game.

It basically boils down to you not liking the in-game cost, which is a legitimate (if smaller and easily fixed) complaint. Suggesting they increase the real-world prices of the content to compensate is the sad precedent.

iMax

It basically boils down to you not liking the in-game cost, which is a legitimate (if smaller and easily fixed) complaint. Suggesting they increase the real-world prices of the content to compensate is the sad precedent.

I'm going to leave this now as I feel we're just running around in circles. I'm saying they need to raise the real-world prices to compensate if they can't reduce the renown price.

If they're dead set on valuing operators at $5, and pride themselves in offering "free content to the community", then the in-game value should reflect that—and not pressure those unable to contribute the necessary time hardcore players can into purchasing "free content for the community".

I was fine with them funding DLC with cosmetic micro transactions. But backing less hardcore players into a corner with a more attractive $5 deal doesn't really sit well with me.

Kikarian

I've spent the past 15-20 minutes trying to get into a game. It joins a team fine but then hangs on the grey, smokey screen...A great but frustrating game.

arimanius

I've spent the past 15-20 minutes trying to get into a game. It joins a team fine but then hangs on the grey, smokey screen...A great but frustrating game.

My biggest issue with the game. If they can iron out the server issues then this game will be golden.

MoonGred

Any oceanic pc players? Just got the game yesterday and while it's extremely satisfying it would be even more so with a group of more mature players.
Last two games I played there were players just shooting team members at the start of the round.

Mentok

Banned
I'm going to leave this now as I feel we're just running around in circles. I'm saying they need to raise the real-world prices to compensate if they can't reduce the renown price.

If they're dead set on valuing operators at $5, and pride themselves in offering "free content to the community", then the in-game value should reflect that—and not pressure those unable to contribute the necessary time hardcore players can into purchasing "free content for the community".

I was fine with them funding DLC with cosmetic micro transactions. But backing less hardcore players into a corner with a more attractive $5 deal doesn't really sit well with me.

I agree we're going to disagree, even though I've said before that 25k is steep I like that they gave me the option to not spend money (as I've used for a previous example, I HATED that TLOU had mandatory microtransactions).

Yeah this is definitely needed. It seems so arbitrary right now. Like you can dominate 4 games, but then drop a whole rank because you lose once. Very weird.

Any oceanic pc players? Just got the game yesterday and while it's extremely satisfying it would be even more so with a group of more mature players.
Last two games I played there were players just shooting team members at the start of the round.

Add me: 'UnleashSonic'. I play semi-regularly and enjoy communicating with teammates and having a bit of fun!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You know guys, there might actually be people out there and even in here, who play the game cause they think it's crazy fun and just get renown while playing the game, instead of "grinding".

Those people might not give a shit about any new operators and directly grinding for them, they'll just pick them up whenever if they have the renown for it.

This is exactly it. So long as the new operators don't break the game, who cares

Grisby

I feel like putting a higher cost for new operatives is a little gross since it pushes you to the season pass more. Still, unless the new operatives totally break the balance of the game it really wont matter anyways, since I feel like the operatives in the game now don't offer a huge advantage over one another (yeah, some are definitely better than others, but I don't feel like they're broken).

Been taking a couple days off of the game, but itching to get back.

iMax

I agree we're going to disagree, even though I've said before that 25k is steep I like that they gave me the option to not spend money (as I've used for a previous example, I HATED that TLOU had mandatory microtransactions).

In retrospect, you are completely correct in that this is post-launch downloadable content we're talking about here, and not cut launch content. Your point suddenly makes a whole lot of sense to me, re-reading these posts. It's DLC that really could just as well be part of a paid pack.

For me, it's just the whole "free content for everyone" marketing that irks me a bit, in the context of just how much time it'll take for most people. I think a lot of it is going to be inaccessible for a lot of people for a considerable amount of time; certainly those who aren't hardcore players putting in several hours a day.

But then again, I guess that's the trade-off for getting this post-release content plan, isn't it? I just feel disappointed that I'm going to have to pay to enjoy this content because the 50,000 quarterly grind is just not going to be realistic for me at all, and considering the opportunity cost of that time against $10.

Anyway. My emotions are getting the better of me for a game I love too much but can't give enough time for. I'm sorry to anyone who took my confused rantings badly. I didn't mean to come off like that. <3

Klyka

Banned
In retrospect, you are completely correct in that this is post-launch downloadable content we're talking about here, and not cut launch content. Your point suddenly makes a whole lot of sense to me, re-reading these posts. It's DLC that really could just as well be part of a paid pack.

For me, it's just the whole "free content for everyone" marketing that irks me a bit, in the context of just how much time it'll take for most people. I think a lot of it is going to be inaccessible for a lot of people for a considerable amount of time; certainly those who aren't hardcore players putting in several hours a day.

But then again, I guess that's the trade-off for getting this post-release content plan, isn't it? I just feel disappointed that I'm going to have to pay to enjoy this content because the 50,000 quarterly grind is just not going to be realistic for me at all, and considering the opportunity cost of that time against $10.

Anyway. My emotions are getting the better of me for a game I love too much but can't give enough time for. I'm sorry to anyone who took my rantings badly. I didn't mean to come off like that. <3

I would like to point out one last thing to you:

The new Operators might be entirely unappealing to you and your playstyle and you might never want to use them.

I for example didn't unlock IQ because I want to play her. I unlocked her just because I could.

There might be 4 new operators released and you look at them and go "none of them are worth me grinding for them".

We are also getting the new maps and the new modes and there is no grind there, so it IS free and easily accessible content for everyone.

You know guys, there might actually be people out there and even in here, who play the game cause they think it's crazy fun and just get renown while playing the game, instead of "grinding".

Those people might not give a shit about any new operators and directly grinding for them, they'll just pick them up whenever if they have the renown for it.
i am having fun and i already picked out my favorites and run around smashing walls with a hammer.

back to basic Terrorist Hunt Classic is where it is at

How did you get it for 15?

I bought a Bullets or Blades code from a user on a different forum, OcUK to be precise.

Que? I don't get these posts. The in-game purchase stuff is entirely ignorable. Playing consistently, you can unlock all characters within a relatively reasonable period of time.

It's probably the least intrusive game in regards to advertising in-game purchases and DLC in a long time.

It isn't bothering me, yet. Well, unless I am forced to use the rookie guy because I haven't unlocked enough operators and the ones I have are already chosen. I just dislike boosters in general, especially when I can be called out for not having one active and according to one guy (this has only happened once to be fair) I was a waste of a slot. I didn't help matters as I didn't exactly perform well either, considering it was my second or third game.

As I said though, I don't really like any in game transactions, not just in this game, but in any. It's a personal grievance, but as I paid relatively little it's not a huge deal. If it was I would stop playing it.

It is very enjoyable though, I really like the terrorist hunt mode. I won't be going back to pvp until I have most of the maps and gadgets figured out.

arimanius

Why do people have the need to team kill at the beginning of the match? Just had a guy kill half the team and then leave. Hate playing with randoms.

SomTervo

Doesn't this image (posted by Klyka a few pages back) refute the F2P thing as much as the complaints about DLC/structure?

emAq26F.png

Also "three game modes" does Siege a huge disservice. I'd say it has 5-6.

iMax

Doesn't this image (posted by Klyka a few pages back) refute the F2P thing as much as the complaints about DLC/structure?

emAq26F.png

I don't know anything about the game but if heroes cannot be purchased with real money in Overwatch, then the situation isn't quite the same.

What we should be discussing is why the servers are a complete mess on Xbox. It's next to impossible to play with friends, and that's just trying to play casual. Good luck playing now ranked, for whatever reason. So fun and so frustrating. They should give you renown for the hours I've spent connecting/disconnecting to a "squad" and then waiting 20 to find another team, and then the disconnect when the game starts.

Mentok

Banned

I don't get this. Do you mean eventually it'll have 5-6 modes, or right now? Because right now it's 3. Also Overwatch doesn't seem to have any real-money microtransactions at the moment.

owlbeak

What we should be discussing is why the servers are a complete mess on Xbox. It's next to impossible to play with friends, and that's just trying to play casual. Good luck playing now ranked, for whatever reason. So fun and so frustrating. They should give you renown for the hours I've spent connecting/disconnecting to a "squad" and then waiting 20 to find another team, and then the disconnect when the game starts.
Same with PS4 right now as well.

It's impossible to get into a ranked match at all, you'll sit there for upwards of 20 minutes. Casual matchmaking sort of works, assuming you don't just get the "fog" loading screen which forces you to close the game and restart or hope you don't get disconnected in the middle of the game.. And after a match, it's a 50/50 chance whether you'll load into another match or have to quit and restart matchmaking, and if it does that it also doesn't give any renown for the match you just played.

Do u guys have any idea what the new modes are? I mean, realistically, what could they be? And how did survival and sharpooter play?

arimanius

Hey Ubisoft. Your servers are junk. Can't connect to a game. When I do and it finishes it locks on the bonus screen so I get no exp or renown.

I'll make you a deal. Fix your servers asap and I'll buy the worthless season pass. Lol

Mentok

Banned
Do u guys have any idea what the new modes are? I mean, realistically, what could they be? And how did survival and sharpooter play?

I'm assuming we'll see something like "assassinate the VIP", but beyond that I have no idea. I'm just hoping there isn't some kind of "last man standing" mode (i.e. TDM) because it's really not conducive to the structure of the game.

Hey Ubisoft. Your servers are junk. Can't connect to a game. When I do and it finishes it locks on the bonus screen so I get no exp or renown.

I'll make you a deal. Fix your servers asap and I'll buy the worthless season pass. Lol
Yeah the servers are the biggest reason why this game may not have legs with the masses. If they can't get it fixed, they'll lose their audience. Just look at what happened to SOCOM: Confrontation.

Klyka

Banned
I'm assuming we'll see something like "assassinate the VIP", but beyond that I have no idea. I'm just hoping there isn't some kind of "last man standing" mode (i.e. TDM) because it's really not conducive to the structure of the game.

We are literally playing Team Deathmatch right now :p

arimanius

They should have a mode that's opposite of bomb where the attackers have to destroy something. Something like destroy the game servers. Will be the most popular mode. Lol

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I will be renaming the current PS4 chat to public rainbow six and making an invite only chat for GAF. You have to send me a PM through GAF to get an invite to this one.

Please do not invite random friends into this chat as what has happened in the other chat is several members added other friends who are not gaffers to the chat and hey have been distruptive with spamming messages

People really do suck LOL!

So yeah, send me a PM for an invite to new GAF chat.

Has there been any update from Ubi about the God awful servers? Getting really old playing ranked amd the games not counting because of the "Date Synchronizing" freeze bullshit. Been happening for far too long.

Would be nice for a new mode to make more use of the map.

I agree

Maybe a neutral hostage spawns in middle floor.
One team has to bring them upstairs. The other downstairs.

Could make limited spawns. 3 lives max, so you can respawn twice at best.

kvk1

iMax

I agree

Maybe a neutral hostage spawns in middle floor.
One team has to bring them upstairs. The other downstairs.

Could make limited spawns. 3 lives max, so you can respawn twice at best.

Neutral objective game types with two attack teams would be amazing.

NeoGiff

What I adore about this game is that even the smallest tactical move performed on the fly can feel amazing simply due to the game's design.

I probably spent way too long editing this video together, but a really simple but cool situation unfolded earlier between my friend and I, as he baited Blitz into a trap and I killed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvqzwFcQijg

iMax

What I adore about this game is that even the smallest tactical move performed on the fly can feel amazing simply due to the game's design.

I probably spent way too long editing this video together, but a really simple but cool situation unfolded earlier between my friend and I, as he baited Blitz into a trap and I killed him.

Genius. Just goes to show how teamwork and comms can completely change a game!

Klyka

Banned

Ha, that's awesome man, we basically just did something similar in this round!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntnALrQVSb0

Danny 117

Holy shit I picked this game up for cheap due to a cheap Gold Edition (£27) on the Argentinian Xbox Live Marketplace.
Sorry PS4Gaf :(
Played 2 games already and my reaction is just wow. This game is so underrated, why aren't we hearing more about this? I hope it does well commercially.

Top Bottom