• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Is there a way to make private custom rooms or put a password on them? My friends and I keep having to kick randoms who trickle into our private room and we feel bad for wasting their time lol.

I'm getting reaaaallllly tired of the Choose Yor Own Adventure feel this games party system and matchmaking has. I swear every day the game manages to throw some new quirk at us. It always takes forever to get everything working with a full group.

Especially if people get kicked out while the game is running.
That is the most annoying part, had that a lot yesterday.

Klyka

Banned
Is there a way to make private custom rooms or put a password on them? My friends and I keep having to kick randoms who trickle into our private room and we feel bad for wasting their time lol.

Set it to invite only in the playlist options you made.

I'm getting reaaaallllly tired of the Choose Yor Own Adventure feel this games party system and matchmaking has. I swear every day the game manages to throw some new quirk at us. It always takes forever to get everything working with a full group.

Yea it's a serious buzzkill. You'd think that it would've been priority # 1 with a game like this, especially considering their competition asperations. I don't want to think about the hours I've spent resetting my game just to connect to my squad of friends only to be dropped as the match starts, then having everyone back out at the end of the game to pick up the guy that dropped. Or the waiting for 20 minutes to pick up a single player, or the repeated smoke screen. The beta was 100x better, at least the first one was.

It's sad that the game is so fun that we do it over and over daily, in the hope that we get a few games together. I was really hoping that the availability of Azure and the fact that multiplayer games have been around for a while now would've reduced the chances of games being this broken. But this one is broken from the ground up as far as matchmaking goes. Still can't connect to the servers on start up, and even get " sign in has changed error daily".

Mentok

Banned
Need to apologize for earlier. I was in a shit mood. I wasn't trying to come off as some drive by poster and since I own this game and tend to try to play with GAFers with any game, I don't want to shit where I eat. I still think there are some legitimate criticisms to be had about the economy of this game and how closely it resembles a F2P game like HotS, but overall I am having a really good time with it so far and don't want to start shit if not needed.

Please don't lump me in with people like Jeff Gerstman. I heard his comments on this game before I bought it but read this thread and watched your highlight clips and that made me want to play a game that looked damn fun. He will defend points he is clearly wrong on until his face turns blue. I am willing to admit when I am wrong. I got some initial impressions wrong and the season pass thing was unclear. Do not think I am the same type of person that would say shit like, "playing a racing sim with a steering wheel is retarded." That is moronic and I am not in that same category of narcissistic opinions on games just because I felt a tinge of F2P economy in my first day with the game.

That is all. Sorry for anyone who I pissed off. Hope you can see I wasn't trying to drive by and not participate in the community of the game I am playing.

I won't speak for everyone else, but I definitely didn't see it that way. Both you and iMax have a valid point that's the "opposite side of the coin" to the way some of us view it, that is all. Again, this model could go both ways. I mean if Ubi releases an operator that's just not balanced, I know I won't be happy (even with the fact that I have the renown to purchase) with the idea! But if the operators continue the trend of "can be useful, but not necessary", then I see this model as quite successful.

More than anything I want a few of my IRL friends to buy it and the cheaper it costs the better. I'll probably end up double dipping because half my friends are PC and the others PS4.

Speaking of PC, I am surprised and how shitty this ran on m 670 2GB. I know that is ancient for gfx card, but I can easily run AA and other effects high on other, seemingly more graphics intensive games. Any form of AA just crushed my frame rate below 60fps. The default AA settings made all the textures blurry as hell. I'll take jaggies over blur any day.

Sectus

Got these problems during a 3 hour session:
- Had to restart matchmaking after almost every match (whenever the "synchronizing" thing happened).
- Two times matchmaking put us into a screen where you'd see smoke and nothing else, and we had to restart the game.
- Got into a smoky loading screen at the start of a match where we'd have to wait 1-3 minutes before we started (and it only started once 2 people on the enemy team left).
- Very slow loading at the start of a match 4-5 times.
- A team mate lost connection mid game. Happened 2-3 times.

And I'm probably forgetting a couple of other issues. I really like the game, but Ubi Soft really needs to fix all these connection issues, and it's stupid it's been a big problem for so long.

Ralemont

not me
Really love playing Twitch on offense. Great guns, flashbangs are cool, and the drone is great for helping get rid of defenses around the objective room.

How do people feel about her marksman rifle vs. long-range automatic?

kvk1

Has anyone been able to turn off the grain filter on the PC version? It's really annoying.

There is no grain filter.

I think you're confusing it with the Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA).

Try turning that off, or switching to MSAA to see if it looks better.

Nekrono

Really love playing Twitch on offense. Great guns, flashbangs are cool, and the drone is great for helping get rid of defenses around the objective room.

How do people feel about her marksman rifle vs. long-range automatic?

I think most people use her because of her FAMAS but I for one really like the marksman rifle combined with the 2x scope, it almost makes her feel like Glaz.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

Sorry for all the spam today from the other chat, last time I invite public plebs to join us!
LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

Got these problems during a 3 hour session:
- Had to restart matchmaking after almost every match (whenever the "synchronizing" thing happened)..

This is happening all night for our group. We're having to re-invite everyone to the party after every match.

The state of this game is a fucking joke at the moment. I can't believe it's been released with all these issues. Feels like I paid €70 for a beta.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
wow this game is completely fucking busted for me on pc right now. Just gonna wait for a patch I think.

Ooccoo

People seem mad that this game didn't get GOTY or something. But with all the technical problems that plague it, it's not even close to what I'd consider a classic. I had a blast when i rented this game, but I knew I'd have to wait 1) for a price drop and 2) for Ubisoft to actually care about the game. It's an online online game FFS, and they can't get it right.

I really wanted to play a good amount of this today but the game doesn't want to put me into a match
It's a shame because I really like this game

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
How many people are playing on PS4? Looking at grabbing the game but just wondering about numbers. Are there any official numbers like current and peak players in a 24 hour period for example? I'm not after a "I always get a game" type response, more after some hard numbers. Thanks.

The game is selling quiet well.
So, nothing to worry about.

Klyka

Banned
The game just broke 19.000 concurrent players on Steam for the first time

http://steamcharts.com/app/359550

This is despite server issues which apparently make a lot of people incapable of playing the game, yet the numbers are always consistent and even rise.

So, server issues seem to not hamper this community.

Boot up the game on PC, see that I have 15 min left on my booster, and then literally cannot get into one freaking game for the next 15 min.

It's like you're screwing with me with these time based boosters, Ubi.

Kalentan

Just got out of a game where 2 rounds we lost because we had a team killer who for some reason... No one could just kick cause what ever. Kept starting the kick too. However at the third round we managed to kick him and then it was just me and 2 other people with mics. We buckled down and managed to work together and come back 3 to 2 in a 3 v 4/5.

Klyka

Banned
Game is gonna have serious legs. It's only picking up steam.

The game for me and my friends went from "eeeeeh this looks ok but we'll pass" to me being in the beta and liking it, a friend saying "fuck it" and buying it, me then buying it, my other friends being all "eeeeeeeeeh" about it till the free weekend which made all 3 of them buy the game and then another friend getting it gifted by me for Christmas. So now we are 6 people who play this together every day and absolutely love it.

Game just hard froze for all 5 of my party on PS4 a minute ago while loading a map. We all had to quit the app and restart. Upon restarting we were informed that we had abandoned a ranked game and couldn't play again for a certain amount of time.

Fucking wonderful job Ubisoft. Just wonderful.

Klyka

Banned
how's the pc scene? im coming from battlefront which is kinda dead.

Concurrent players just on steam cracked 19000 today and so far the bar has been raised basically every two days, so the game is gaining more and more players. The community on PC is healthy and playing.

Cheddahz

Banned
I ended up playing my first match with a team that had all players with mics and let me tell you, I haven't had that much fun with a online shooter in years

Klyka

Banned
I ended up playing my first match with a team that had all players with mics and let me tell you, I haven't had that much fun with a online shooter in years

In the last 1 1/2 hours of game time I have gotten a single kill as an attacker.
Want to know why? Not cause I suck, but because I have been exclusively driving drones in close support of my teammates and calling out positions, scanning enemies, destroying equipment (shockdrone) and providing distraction by jumping straight into people's faces.

And it is one of THE most fun things for me to do in the game.

I literally just drive a camera around and talk to people and it's glorious.

Top Bottom