• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

Sorry for all the spam today from the other chat, last time I invite public plebs to join us!
LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

So many matches played tonight where one or two guys are just afk in terrorist hunt. If they're just doing this to get the upgrade points they're pathetic pieces of shit.

Need to apologize for earlier. I was in a shit mood. I wasn't trying to come off as some drive by poster and since I own this game and tend to try to play with GAFers with any game, I don't want to shit where I eat. I still think there are some legitimate criticisms to be had about the economy of this game and how closely it resembles a F2P game like HotS, but overall I am having a really good time with it so far and don't want to start shit if not needed.

Please don't lump me in with people like Jeff Gerstman. I heard his comments on this game before I bought it but read this thread and watched your highlight clips and that made me want to play a game that looked damn fun. He will defend points he is clearly wrong on until his face turns blue. I am willing to admit when I am wrong. I got some initial impressions wrong and the season pass thing was unclear. Do not think I am the same type of person that would say shit like, "playing a racing sim with a steering wheel is retarded." That is moronic and I am not in that same category of narcissistic opinions on games just because I felt a tinge of F2P economy in my first day with the game.

That is all. Sorry for anyone who I pissed off. Hope you can see I wasn't trying to drive by and not participate in the community of the game I am playing.

soultron

Banned
Think I encountered my first hackers on PC today. Dude shot me through 2 walls (after blowing a hole through the first by shooting it) without having line of sight on me. Really suspect. Happened more than once.

MoonGred

Server have been pretty stable on the pc so far, bar the weird synchronising bug, do you still get renown when that happens?

KodaRuss

Had some fun dealings with Fuze tonight.

I was Fuze and killed 3 defenders in the same room. Hit the room next door with my other fuze charge. Killed the other guy in there but somehow managed to TK my two buddies waiting outside the door. So two Fuze charges = 6 kills (two TKs... whoops)

Also saw the opposing team Fuze kill the hostage twice in the same game. He was a lvl 2 so I guess I can understand... kinda.

Keihart

They're not carefully balanced though, let's be honest.

On every map in this game, there are objective points that are significantly more or less viable to defend. Heck, even when I played in the pre-release tournament at Eurogamer, every even semi-decent team we played, would pick armoury of Hereford.

Luggage is by far the best defensive location on the plane.
Ground Floor House is an absolute nightmare to defend.
Strip club on Club House is awful, you can tear down the entire wall leading in on the ground floor.
Kitchen on Kafe Dostoyevsky is much easier to approach than anything on the upper floors.
Any ground floor defensive location almost immediately loses a) the ability to conceal the objective and b) the time pressure.

The reason there's so much variability in the viability of defensive locations is the lack of balance in regards to the ability to reinforce and oversee objective areas.

Also, I think Battlefront is crap, so you do not need to convince me that a Siege map is worth 3 Battlefront maps. I think Battlefield 4s maps are actually quite carefully designed, though. At least in many cases!

I really think you are wrong about spots, they vary a lot in what kind of advantage you are looking for. It dependes in how you are defending wich point you should be choosing.

Just to have a glimpse on how much though went into the placement of objectives, whenever you have a hostage the room is full of breachable entrances and when you are guarding a container there are very little breachable points.

I still don't get to see a real meta on this game, and i'm thankfull for it, it seems to be a very dynamic battlefield.

KaYotiX

Banned
Servers need to be beefed up, tired of being dropped especially when we are winning. 3rd time tonight I've been dropped when we are up 3-1. Happens to others as well.

Haven't had too many issues with the servers on PC, though it has been more spotty since the Steam sale and I assume Xmas break extra load. Had a couple 'synchronizing data' at the end of the match stuff tonight but the gaf discord still had two full parties going all night, even ranked.

Speaking of new game modes: I've said it before but absolutely no respawning modes please. It would ruin the game and split the playerbase as new players would flock there due to not wanting to sit most of the round out after early deaths, and thus never truly learn how to play the game.

I think a good idea for a game mode would be a ranked mode (so level restricted because it probably requires more general game knowledge) where the Drone phase is merged into the action phase. Just add a couple minutes on to the game timer and have it so Attackers still have to drone for intel but would need to dedicate some people to defend their droners in case defenders push out early. Defenders would also need to be more careful with putting up their defenses as attackers could forego droning entirely (of course they'd need to know where to attack) and so they would need to defend their own teammates while putting up defenses in case of early attacks.

How many people are playing on PS4? Looking at grabbing the game but just wondering about numbers. Are there any official numbers like current and peak players in a 24 hour period for example? I'm not after a "I always get a game" type response, more after some hard numbers. Thanks.

packy34

I agree

Maybe a neutral hostage spawns in middle floor.
One team has to bring them upstairs. The other downstairs.

Could make limited spawns. 3 lives max, so you can respawn twice at best.

The game mode idea is good, but I never want to see respawns in this game. Having one life generally means you and your teammates act less dumb.

It really looks like a fun game, on the fence of buying, but like some asked on the previous page, some numbers from the ps4 anybody? Biggest concern are the server issues and the ps4 group is spamed with randoms.
So help me out, buy or not, info on myself, I play shooter since Soldier of Fortune, loved S&D in BO1, not in BO3. Fed up with the quick gameplay in Cod. What to do? How's the patch support, do they try to get the server fixed? Thx

Jb

How many people are playing on PS4? Looking at grabbing the game but just wondering about numbers. Are there any official numbers like current and peak players in a 24 hour period for example? I'm not after a "I always get a game" type response, more after some hard numbers. Thanks.

I'm not even sure how you would go about getting these numbers on PS4.

It really looks like a fun game, on the fence of buying, but like some asked on the previous page, some numbers from the ps4 anybody? Biggest concern are the server issues and the ps4 group is spamed with randoms.
So help me out, buy or not, info on myself, I play shooter since Soldier of Fortune, loved S&D in BO1, not in BO3. Fed up with the quick gameplay in Cod. What to do? How's the patch support, do they try to get the server fixed? Thx

Wow, forgot all about Soldier of Fortune. Anyway, coming from COD this game is going to be slowwwwwwwww. It's really all about patience, so if you're not cool with staring at a doorway for 2 minutes, literally, then you may not enjoy it much. Also, the recoil is insane (realistic) so unless you're using the shotguns, aiming and bursts are the only way to get kills. It is fun tho if you're into this kind of shooter. Watch a bunch of YouTube vids first.

As far as patch support, there's been one big one so far, but it did next to nothing to fix friend/squad server issues and very little for disconnects,etc. I think it's worse on the Xbox One tho. Hopefully January's patch is a giant leap in the right direction. But seriously even as pissed as I get at the servers, being disconnected, etc, I'm still stupidly addicted to this game. I can't stop playing. It never feels like a grind, it's just pure enjoyment.

What I adore about this game is that even the smallest tactical move performed on the fly can feel amazing simply due to the game's design.

I probably spent way too long editing this video together, but a really simple but cool situation unfolded earlier between my friend and I, as he baited Blitz into a trap and I killed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvqzwFcQijg

I'm surprised the two of you seemed to see this as a novel scenario. How do you kill shields if not with two people? I certainly do not engage them alone. Baiting them into team mates and nitros is the only way to kill them unless they're terrible.

Sometimes I stand in the open and pretend to run away, then turn around and shoot them. Usually that encourages them to aim with the pistol.

Klyka

Banned
I wonder if this game actually pulled off to sell more copies on the PC compared to (at least one of) the consoles. It did have sales on both Uplay and Steam and Rainbow Six has always been a more PC centric franchise.

On the other hand, this game has gotten great word of mouth,especially from console-centric streamers so I can see the console versions having sold well.

I'm surprised the two of you seemed to see this as a novel scenario. How do you kill shields if not with two people? I certainly do not engage them alone. Baiting them into team mates and nitros is the only way to kill them unless they're terrible.

Sometimes I stand in the open and pretend to run away, then turn around and shoot them. Usually that encourages them to aim with the pistol.

To kill them alone, just round a corner and wait for them to get closer, then rush and hit the shield away with melee,then just easily kill them.
Works a lot of times.

To kill them alone, just round a corner and wait for them to get closer, then rush and hit the shield away with melee,then just easily kill them.
Works a lot of times.

I find it a bit risky at times, as its contingent on them not being prepared. If they melee back they can get you and Blitz can often evade it with a flash.

But yeah, meleeing them is a good last resort if you're sure you have a 1 vs 1 scenario.

Klyka

Banned
I find it a bit risky at times, as its contingent on them not being prepared. If they melee back they can get you and Blitz can often evade it with a flash.

But yeah, meleeing them is a good last resort if you're sure you have a 1 vs 1 scenario.

Against Blitz, never relax!

Wow, forgot all about Soldier of Fortune. Anyway, coming from COD this game is going to be slowwwwwwwww. It's really all about patience, so if you're not cool with staring at a doorway for 2 minutes, literally, then you may not enjoy it much. Also, the recoil is insane (realistic) so unless you're using the shotguns, aiming and bursts are the only way to get kills. It is fun tho if you're into this kind of shooter. Watch a bunch of YouTube vids first.

As far as patch support, there's been one big one so far, but it did next to nothing to fix friend/squad server issues and very little for disconnects,etc. I think it's worse on the Xbox One tho. Hopefully January's patch is a giant leap in the right direction. But seriously even as pissed as I get at the servers, being disconnected, etc, I'm still stupidly addicted to this game. I can't stop playing. It never feels like a grind, it's just pure enjoyment.

Thanks for the answer ^_~ Yeah SoF was so good back than, all about those body parts.
Slow is fine for me, burst fire also. Have watched a few posted here and some from a German youtuber. It looks fun and I'm curious if you speed up the playstyle just a little bit if it's possible to ads enemies. Sound whoring is a thing here? My X2 will be happy ^_^

Thanks for the info about the patch, will be waiting for that and see how it goes. Have fun in the meantime, maybe we will play someday together and thank you for the reply.

Thanks for the answer ^_~ Yeah SoF was so good back than, all about those body parts.
Slow is fine for me, burst fire also. Have watched a few posted here and some from a German youtuber. It looks fun and I'm curious if you speed up the playstyle just a little bit if it's possible to ads enemies. Sound whoring is a thing here? My X2 will be happy ^_^

Thanks for the info about the patch, will be waiting for that and see how it goes. Have fun in the meantime, maybe we will play someday together and thank you for the reply.

Yea your X2 will rock for this. Headphones or high volume is a must. There are times when playing fast can work. If you get in a firefight and they retreat back, you know they are going to reload and regroup, so sometimes storming them works, sometimes not. I run my zoomed sensitivity really high so I can walk (as opposed to crouched) and clear rooms quickly if a round is coming to an end.

Just remember that the game really shines when playing with a cooperative group, which is why it's almost criminal that squads are so poorly handled by the servers. The Christmas gifting has done a number on the quality on people in both casual and ranked which impacts the quality of the game some.

I thought that it would be difficult to beat the satisfaction I got from Halo 5s kills, the little tone when you get a headshot is incredible, but this game is something else. When you're playing as twitch and you drop three in a row with three shots is incredible. Or holding the hostage and headshoting the defender with a pistol as they sprint in to stop you is one of the best feelings ever in gaming.

Yea your X2 will rock for this. Headphones or high volume is a must. There are times when playing fast can work. If you get in a firefight and they retreat back, you know they are going to reload and regroup, so sometimes storming them works, sometimes not. I run my zoomed sensitivity really high so I can walk (as opposed to crouched) and clear rooms quickly if a round is coming to an end.

Just remember that the game really shines when playing with a cooperative group, which is why it's almost criminal that squads are so poorly handled by the servers. The Christmas gifting has done a number on the quality on people in both casual and ranked which impacts the quality of the game some.

I thought that it would be difficult to beat the satisfaction I got from Halo 5s kills, the little tone when you get a headshot is incredible, but this game is something else. When you're playing as twitch and you drop three in a row with three shots is incredible. Or holding the hostage and headshoting the defender with a pistol as they sprint in to stop you is one of the best feelings ever in gaming.

Ok you got me, going out buying it. Maybe you want to play with me. I send you a pm with my psn Id, where you located at? Will try it tomorrow. Tonight Cinema for me.

Disktrasa

Banned
Is there a way to see how long i have played the game? (Ps4)

I know i can see on individual operators how long i have played with them each, but is there a better way?

Ennosuke

Just bought the game for PC :) I have been watching this for a long time and finally decided to buy it, to have some fun.

Top Bottom