• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Tarnpanzer

Boot up the game on PC, see that I have 15 min left on my booster, and then literally cannot get into one freaking game for the next 15 min.

It's like you're screwing with me with these time based boosters, Ubi.

Those boosters are bs. They should be playtime, like 2-4h each, and not realtime.

Menthuss

I was in a tense ranked match, where at one point it was 1v4. I manage to bring it down to 1v1. Me and the last attacker have a shootout and we end up both hitting each other, leaving me with 2 HP. I then move around the corner to try and finish him off only for him to throw a smoke grenade at me with so much force that it killed me.

Newlove

You know what I find funny, a lot of us made fun of the way the people were communicating in the reveal (for those that haven't seen it), like "As if people are going to talk like that"....sure enough, a lot of us communicate similarly.

It's sad that we didn't get anything as intense as this. The sounds, the effects, the animations are so good here. Ubisoft please. Showing a game too early again.

Kalentan

You know what I find funny, a lot of us made fun of the way the people were communicating in the reveal (for those that haven't seen it), like "As if people are going to talk like that"....sure enough, a lot of us communicate similarly.

The scene where the guy puts the shield up and the player just... misses... So bad. XD

Also god damn the aiming of the pov player. I know it's meant to be a demo, but geez. They're all so bad. XD

Klyka

Banned
It's sad that we didn't get anything as intense as this. The sounds, the effects, the animations are so good here. Ubisoft please. Showing a game too early again.

c77consoles.jpg

;^)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I do wish it was like in the video in terms of distruction and the helicopter roaming about....

If I can't have the destruction.... can we have the helicopter T_T

Raven117

For the first time today soloed into a group mostly mic'ed up and were taking it seriously communicating yet not getting upset if we took a loss. (We never lost a match)...sweet goodness....this is how the game is meant to be played and is absolutely glorious...

Klyka

Banned
The lack of recoil on everything made that look terrible. Destruction clearly got downgraded though.

I still think, looking at that video, that there is actually TOO MUCH destruction in that demonstration.

Literally every single wall and surface is breachable and getting trashed by random bullets.
It's just too much, it creates way too many lines of fire, way too many spots to cover, etc...

Rur0ni

I still think, looking at that video, that there is actually TOO MUCH destruction in that demonstration.

Literally every single wall and surface is breachable and getting trashed by random bullets.
It's just too much, it creates way too many lines of fire, way too many spots to cover, etc...
That was actually the complaint I think was voiced when the reveal happened. "If that was toned down a bit, it would be perfect."

I'm mostly talking about the physics with walls breaking but that's probably some CGI added in post anyway.

But yea destruction everywhere sounds like a balancing nightmare when the gameplay is basically instagib. I like what we have now a lot more than what they showed a year ago.

E-flux

I don't think a helicopter would work at all as an spawn point, it would always win in ranked since it should be the safest to land on a roof. At least on current maps.

In the demo, you could play tug of war with the hostage. They took that out right? You cant move the hostage around?

Also, where the hell was the whole terrorist team when they got the hostage anyway lol

Deception

I don't think a helicopter would work at all as an spawn point, it would always win in ranked since it should be the safest to land on a roof. At least on current maps.
Ehh not really since you'll be able to hear the helicopter and know that they're coming from the roof.

welp it finally happened; a team noobish enough to all pack into a corner of a room to defend.

used fuze and finished with a 12:2 k/d ratio

E-flux

Ehh not really since you'll be able to hear the helicopter and know that they're coming from the roof.

Yeah, but you wouldn't really be able to stop their approach like you can now. Once you are on the roof you can go down from every position, when spawning from a location you still move to the house from one direction which can be intercepted. Unlike the roof.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
"Man,I wonder where the attackers are coming from! We should totally be fair and not set up in the position that we can easily shoot them from" :p

I'm talking about it being apart of the scene with it roaming around with the flood light on

Newlove

Just looking at the Shop...it's a bit irksome. All the nice looking camos are locked behind R6 Credits, including boosters, cool looking camo packs. All of this should be there to buy with Renown OR R6 Credits if you want a short cut. This is full priced game so it only seems right. There is a big emphasis on Renown but really, it doesn't feel like there's a whole lot to spend it on other than operators, a small selection of weapon camos and the same attachments for every gun.

Kalentan

Did the servers on PS4 just go down? Cause I was doing situations and it started to act up.

I really hope they fix this shit. It's really hampering my enjoyment of an otherwise very very fun shooter. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just looking at the Shop...it's a bit irksome. All the nice looking camos are locked behind R6 Credits, including boosters, cool looking camo packs. All of this should be there to buy with Renown OR R6 Credits if you want a short cut. This is full priced game so it only seems right. There is a big emphasis on Renown but really, it doesn't feel like there's a whole lot to spend it on other than operators, a small selection of weapon camos and the same attachments for every gun.
All future maps, modes, weapons, and operators are free.

Kalentan

They said they were looking into it....on like December 26th.

Anyway...

Anyone else think the Bombers in Terrorist Hunt need a serious nerf? When I shoot two entire pistol clips into them (and at their head mostly) and nothing happens and it causes me to fail Situation 10... It's starts to seem fucking bullshit.

I really like the sound effects in this game. They really add to the feeling of violence this game's combat has. The destruction goes a long way too, it all comes together very nicely. The blood splatters on the walls are also excellent.

Kalentan

Um... So I got to Article 5... Is there any reason why this map is not in the rest of the game?

It also seems to do a lot of really cool stuff that is seemingly made for one mission... It almost seems like what would be the start of actual co-op missions.

Top Bottom