• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I cant even play T-hunt on PS4. The FPS is so bad. It's really choppy but in a weird way. I hope they fix this. I want smooth 30fps.

It reminds me of PC games that you lock at 30 FPS without much consideration for anything else. Just not pleasant to look at or play. Feels much worse then Destiny for example, which I switch between every now and then as I play Seige and it never bothers me as much as Seige in terror hunt does.

It reminds me of PC games that you lock at 30 FPS without much consideration for anything else. Just not pleasant to look at or play. Feels much worse then Destiny for example, which I switch between every now and then as I play Seige and it never bothers me as much as Seige in terror hunt does.

yea this is exactly how it feels. It's jittery. It feels the same as The Last of Us Remastered at launch. They had an option to keep the game at 30fps and it did not feel smooth what so ever.

yea this is exactly how it feels. It's jittery. It feels the same as The Last of Us Remastered at launch. They had an option to keep the game at 30fps and it did not feel smooth what so ever.

I recall reading that TLOU didn't have some shutter speed stuff adjusted for the 30 FPS option. Not sure how accurate my memory is being, or if that's even a factor for its lack of smoothness.

Also, Siege also has crazy input lag in terror hunt. I sometimes think my controllers broken since my character decides not to lean half the time. It's pretty much an unplayable mode for me, and also the reason I won't be getting that platinum anyone soon.

Deasnutz

Banned
PC version has been rock solid for me. Seems pretty active, post Christmas.

The terrorists can be pretty humorous at times. They have zero recoil too.

I am stuck on the connecting to servers screen on Xbox one. anyone else getting g these errors?

Yep, that's the name of the game.

If it's stuck looking for people or a game for more than two or three minutes, back out and try again.

If you get the smoke screen, restart the game.

If you get an error joining a squad, try to have another member host it, if that doesn't work restart the entire game.

Do the same with matchmaking errors with a squad. If one person initiates the matchmaking and you can't join a game, back up and have someone else try. Repeat until it works (could take 30 min to an hour)

If you are stuck synchronizing after a game. Back out, it never Synchronizes.

They really need to do something about the whole defending team leaving to spawn kill the attackers. Just went against a team with players that had a win loss ratio of 12+.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They really need to do something about the whole defending team leaving to spawn kill the attackers. Just went against a team with players that had a win loss ratio of 12+.
People can still get outside. Played a douche earlier that nitro'd us in the drone phase. We killed him, but only two of us survived the blast.

:/

Animator

Um... So I got to Article 5... Is there any reason why this map is not in the rest of the game?

It also seems to do a lot of really cool stuff that is seemingly made for one mission... It almost seems like what would be the start of actual co-op missions.

It will be. They announced they will be adding it to the multiplayer rotation soon.

nOoblet16

You know what I find funny, a lot of us made fun of the way the people were communicating in the reveal (for those that haven't seen it), like "As if people are going to talk like that"....sure enough, a lot of us communicate similarly.
Nope no one communicates like that, people made fun of the way they spoke with so much so much energy as if there was a real adrenaline rush going on not the fact that they were communicating often and telling others where they will go or what they will do. The use of military slangs or other kind of phrases that absolutely no one uses "I'm thinking death from above" and speaking with such a rush as if real lives were at stakes...that was what was fake about it and was made fun of.

In a real match when I am hunting or being hunted I would actually just ask everyone to stay quiet as I can hear better that way.

It's sad that we didn't get anything as intense as this. The sounds, the effects, the animations are so good here. Ubisoft please. Showing a game too early again.

That's not intense that's just fabricated for the sake of reveal, in the time they finish one round, an entire match can be finished in the final game. That cliche about that "one pro" enemy soldier taking down everyone until the hero team finally comes along just in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if every single shot was rehearsed before the reveal.

A lot of what you see in there has been removed for balancing reasons i.e. blowing up holes anywhere, being able to move hostage, a hostage with lots of animation would cause issues as well. If you don't believe me then as a defender, try to take cover near a hostage and see him/her constantly try to get in front of your gun which if not careful could accidentally hit the hostage even when you believe you are clear of them. Yes it brings in unpredictability but it's unnecessary in a game like this which is already very unpredictable.

As for the graphics, the game doesn't look any worse. The game actually looked like that during one of the alphas on PS4 and they changed it to what it is now for the purpose of visibility. It can already be hard as it is to see enemies in the final game. For a game like this it's always better to have "cleaner" visuals you know, I personally do not see much if any difference in tech between the reveal and this...despite the fact that aesthetically they look different.

Klyka

Banned
Nope no one communicates like that, people made fun of the way they spoke with so much so much energy as if there was a real adrenaline rush going on not the fact that they were communicating often and telling others where they will go or what they will do. The use of military slangs or other kind of phrases that absolutely no one uses "I'm thinking death from above" and speaking with such a rush as if real lives were at stakes...that was what was fake about it and was made fun of.

In a real match when I am hunting or being hunted I would actually just ask everyone to stay quiet as I can hear better that way.

You don't have intense adrenaline rush moments in this with frantic shouting? :(

vazel

Banned

Asking everyone to stay quiet is a horrible thing to do if you want to get better at a game where coordination with your team is key.

Watch a Truetalent match, he's really good at this game(he's Plat I rank on PC); you'll see constant communication and one or two shouting moments.

Rewind

Just looking at the Shop...it's a bit irksome. All the nice looking camos are locked behind R6 Credits, including boosters, cool looking camo packs. All of this should be there to buy with Renown OR R6 Credits if you want a short cut. This is full priced game so it only seems right. There is a big emphasis on Renown but really, it doesn't feel like there's a whole lot to spend it on other than operators, a small selection of weapon camos and the same attachments for every gun.

Would rather have paid skins than paid map packs/ops. At least with future ops they are buy able with either renown or premium currency. They gotta fund future support/content some way and I think the way they are doing it is totally fine.

Klyka

Banned
The DLC in this game makes it so that I will always be able to play with my friends no matter if one of us stops and comes back months later or not. That is the most important aspect for multiplayer DLC for me.

Have a dumb question, but yesterday after I got two attackers and two defender, I thought ok try the MP out. Do I really need a ubisoft club account to play online or were the servers down? Only option were ok or cancel, with cancel it put me back. Sorry never played a ubi game online

manhack

Have a dumb question, but yesterday after I got two attackers and two defender, I thought ok try the MP out. Do I really need a ubisoft club account to play online or were the servers down? Only option were ok or cancel, with cancel it put me back. Sorry never played a ubi game online

Everyone needs ubisoft account even on console.

Klyka

Banned
Thanks for the answer. Will set it up. How many characters did you unlocked before jumping online? Fastest way to get the gold? Seems like it will take some time in situations to get all.

I watched the three tutorial videos, played through about half of the situations while getting the non "50 health" objectives done (btw you do NOT need to win the situation for the objectives to count!) bought some guys and then jumped online. I think I finished the rest of the situations after my first 10hours of multi :D

I watched the three tutorial videos, played through about half of the situations while getting the non "50 health" objectives done (btw you do NOT need to win the situation for the objectives to count!) bought some guys and then jumped online. I think I finished the rest of the situations after my first 10hours of multi :D

Ah ok, thx, will look for the vids. I have the strange problem, that I will restart if I don't get all three stars. The situation with the hostage and the 7 min, couldn't do it ;_; Please tell me that you get also gold in online matches. What if the only characters I have are taken, do I get thrown out of the lobby.

Ah ok, thx, will look for the vids. I have the strange problem, that I will restart if I don't get all three stars. The situation with the hostage and the 7 min, couldn't do it ;_; Please tell me that you get also gold in online matches. What if the only characters I have are taken, do I get thrown out of the lobby.

Yes, you get renown in MP matches even in T-Hunt.
No, you can take another operator, if all operators are taken, you have to use the Recruit.

Klyka

Banned

The moment you do one of the objectives, it is done whether you win or lose,so don't restart,just play till you win or die and get that renown.

Asking everyone to stay quiet is a horrible thing to do if you want to get better at a game where coordination with your team is key.

Watch a Truetalent match, he's really good at this game(he's Plat I rank on PC); you'll see constant communication and one or two shouting moments.

It's really not though, if they don't have cameras and all they're doing is watching your camera, they should shut up and let you listen.

My headset has a button I can tap a few times and mic audio can be made quieter, or turned off. So I do that sometimes. But having people call out what I can already see or hear from my own screen is not helpful.

So do people not play terrorist hunt? I never see any streams for it and I'm planning to get the game solely for t-hunt.

Also seems to have a big European following on twitch as most streamers seem to be from there.

So do people not play terrorist hunt? I never see any streams for it and I'm planning to get the game solely for t-hunt.

Also seems to have a big European following on twitch as most streamers seem to be from there.

No clue why T-Hunt isn't that popular, I've noticed that too, guess people like PvP more than PvE, tried realistic on T-Hunt and it is a real good challenge.

Noticed that too, that it is pretty popular with European streamers.

People play T-Hunt, but on console it's 30 FPS, so it kind of sucks in that regard. The AI are also pretty awful. At best they can aim, but they are not very aware of their surroundings, and in many cases simply line up into doorways to die. It's not especially engaging after a few rounds, in my opinion. The only features that make it difficult are their sheer numbers and absurd accuracy on higher difficulties.

Games like this and Counterstrike are generally more popular in Europe, and European teams usually dominate the competitive scenes too, though there are plenty of people playing in the US also.

No clue why T-Hunt isn't that popular, I've noticed that too, guess people like PvP more than PvE, tried realistic on T-Hunt and it is a real good challenge.

Noticed that too, that it is pretty popular with European streamers.

People play T-Hunt, but on console it's 30 FPS, so it kind of sucks in that regard. The AI are also pretty awful. At best they can aim, but they are not very aware of their surroundings, and in many cases simply line up into doorways to die. It's not especially engaging after a few rounds, in my opinion. The only features that make it difficult are their sheer numbers and absurd accuracy on higher difficulties.

Games like this and Counterstrike are generally more popular in Europe, and European teams usually dominate the competitive scenes too, though there are plenty of people playing in the US also.
:( that sucks since I fell in love with Vegas 1 and 2 for t-hunt. After writing this game off I decided to give it a chance since I originally did the same thing with Vegas series before finding my niche in t-hunt. I never cared for pvp in Vegas, so I don't know how much mileage I can get from this one. I guess I'll grab this used and give it a shot.

:( that sucks since I fell in love with Vegas 1 and 2 for t-hunt. After writing this game off I decided to give it a chance since I originally did the same thing with Vegas series before finding my niche in t-hunt. I never cared for pvp in Vegas, so I don't know how much mileage I can get from this one. I guess I'll grab this used and give it a shot.

I really loved the T-Hunt in Vegas 1 and 2 too. Reason I play it from time to time, most people are more PvP unfortunately.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Very few people interested in watching PvE when they can watch PvP, at least for any individual shooter.

Doing the singleplayer situations and the one co-op one I found it nothing but monster closets. Monster closets don't seem like good design in general, much less in a game like this where there is a focus on clearing rooms.

What's peoples view of the 30fps sacrifice in T-Hunt? Personally I find it very jarring and don't see why they couldn't have had it at 60fps.

You could just buy it, play multiplayer with GAF, and pretend the people you play against are really smart AI.

BioHazard

Why does it seem like almost after EVERY match on PS4 it just hangs on "Please wait, syncing data" forcing everyone to leave and lose their points. Fucking infuriating. It takes way too long to get in and out of matches in this game

Why does it seem like almost after EVERY match on PS4 it just hangs on "Please wait, syncing data" forcing everyone to leave and lose their points. Fucking infuriating. It takes way too long to get in and out of matches in this game

Same problem applies to the PC version. It is annoying.

Is the map rotation messed up? I never get house anymore.

People have been saying that. I have been getting house on and off, perhaps less than the other maps.

I wonder though, is this the result of the matchmaking filters that people have available to them? If people are slowly yet consistently turning the same maps off, gradually the probability that certain maps will show up in matchmaking will be modified. Resulting in certain, less popular maps appearing less in the rotation.

I wonder if this is the result of that phenomena, or something is skewed on Ubisoft's end.

I turn all on the maps that I'm not very good at on, and turn the rest off, in the hopes of getting practice on the maps I need practice on. Those maps are house, consulate, kafe and another who's name I forget. I will rotate them around once I feel more confident with those maps, though thus far it seems that my preferences have little influence on map rotation.

Top Bottom