• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Haven't had a single game give me xp today except for the ones I've lost in. Also I'm constantly getting paired with unranked people who are either terrible or actively antagonise me. I've literally gone down from silver 4 to silver 2.
/salt

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it eventually logs the game. I've always come back after a break from play and noticed extra renown in my account. Again, I could be wrong, but I think that is similar to the issues that Halo 5 was having at launch, and eventually you got your points.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Got this game yesterday, on Xbox. I really like it, but I got no renown for the five or six multi games I played.

They lock all this shit behind a xp grind and their servers can't even function properly to give me that xp. Awful.

arimanius

I love this game but all the server issues are going to kill it for me quickly. I've given up trying because it's so frustrating.

and I need the practice because I absolutely suck at it. Sorry R6 ps4 gaf!

Arnie

Of all the technical issues present just weeks prior to launch its a relief that the biggest issues with the game are largely server based, and only affecting users intermittently.

As long as they get things running smoothly within the next week they'll be fine.

Game is just superb.

Mentok

Banned
I love this game but all the server issues are going to kill it for me quickly. I've given up trying because it's so frustrating.

This is what I think is going to ruin quite a bit of the fanbase. I know as much as I love this game, once my "must haves" of this year drop, I doubt I'll play much. Some nights it just takes too long to get a party game going.

Jeez Chronospherics why so backhanded with the "people that don't perform very well" ? support players are gonna support and i would prefer that kind of player playing the role than someone obssesed with KDR because there is nothing worse than a player worried about KDR instead of winning the match.

I'm sorry. It wasn't intended as back handed at all, I don't even know what your statistics are like.

Though I feel you're making the false assumption that support somehow leads to a negative kill to death ratio, a good player supporting may not be getting as many kills, but they aren't dying either. Fuze is the only character that is going to have his stats significantly affected by his ability.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

I absolutely love the game, but these matchmaking issues are out of control. I would say, and I'm not exaggerating, 90% of my games haven't counted today because of "Synchronizing Data" screen after a game. To my knowledge Ubi have not even made a statement about this bullshit. Awful.

BioHazard

I absolutely love the game, but these matchmaking issues are out of control. I would say, and I'm not exaggerating, 90% of my games haven't counted today because of "Synchronizing Data" screen after a game. To my knowledge Ubi have not even made a statement about this bullshit. Awful.

Yep, same here. Only T-Hunt matchmaking seems to be problem-free. Pretty much the only reliable way right now to gain renown.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
That's the main problem of the game right now for me.The connections errors.

I disagree with the irrelevant adjective.

Having a natural born killer in the squad is far from irrelevant, pulling headshots after headshots can be a huge advantage.

if he does it while helping his team beat the objective then yes...if he camps in a corner does not help his teamates and generally plays to protect the ratio then no

so may cod players with high k/d are absolute sh##
a more reliable measure would be objective completion % or a win lose ration based purely off the amount of wins or lost rounds

Hatchtag

Banned
I really hate some of the menu design for this game.
Why can't I access the shop while looking for a match?
Why doesn't it display the name of the mode when a match is loading?

fuck. my whole squad gave up trying to play tonight due to these errors. some are saying they will be going back to blops 3 due to this frustration.

did ubi atleast say they are working on it yet? they had so many betas yet stuff still isn't working.

fuck. my whole squad gave up trying to play tonight due to these errors. some are saying they will be going back to blops 3 due to this frustration.

did ubi atleast say they are working on it yet? they had so many betas yet stuff still isn't working.

They're always 'working on it', but it was working as well or better than it is now since the alpha, so it's very unclear as to what that actually means.

Damn I just got this from Best Buy for $40. Now after reading through the latest posts I'm not sure I should open it.

I wouldn't recommend anyone spend their money on this in its current state. And this is coming from someone who's struggled their way to level 40 amid all the bullshit.

Hmm. Amazon Canada has it on sale for $50! Compared to the usual $80

Do you guys think Best Buy Canada would price match? I dont know why Amazon has such a price cut on it, but Im worried the price wont be this low for a long time.

elguero

Damn, even the tutorial missions had my palms sweaty. Can't imagine the level of intensity in multiplayer. Had a huge smile on my face the first time I rappeled upside down.

diamount

Banned
So with multiplayer being the shitshow that it is, I've been playing the scenarios. I'm up to the IQ one, how do you complete that within the timeframe? I'm really struggling.

I've been playing all night, and ever since 1am the games been very smooth, connecting to games very quickly, and always receiving rep.

Given that the current batch of problems began occurring just after Christmas, it seems to me that it's likely just an issue with sever load, per region. So it's something they can fix very easily, but something that they may not want to. It's not uncommon for developers to simply wait and let things stabilise as the initial rush decreases. It's still very close to the Christmas period, so there are a lot of new players attempting to get on.

That's not really an acceptable response though, but since these issues, on and off, have been persistent since the games alpha, I don't expect much more than that.

In the mean time, you can temporarily resolve the issues by having someone that's in off-peak hours relative to their region, do the matchmaking for you. If they launch the search you will connect servers for their region, and should experience less problems. No guarantees on this though, but maybe worth a try.

Not an ideal solution of course, but a potential option nonetheless. Either that, or they fixed everything at 1am this morning. Because it's been perfect for me all night after that time.

Hmm. Amazon Canada has it on sale for $50! Compared to the usual $80

Do you guys think Best Buy Canada would price match? I dont know why Amazon has such a price cut on it, but Im worried the price wont be this low for a long time.

If you think the price is that good, go for it, as I think... or at least hope, that in the long term this will be a fantastic multiplayer experience, but at the moment you will be in for a pretty nasty surprise when you realise that the game involves more time spent matchmaking, than actually playing the game. It's a nightmare, and I couldn't recommend it to anyone right now.

For every game I have that reminds how much I love this game, I get two that kick me in the balls to remind me how screwed up it is.

Coming off 2 straight wins I decided to get in another match before bed. The defending team immediately sprints out to the spawn points and camps as we look for the objective. We all die at the start. Next round, my grenade bounces off a window reinforcement that I had destroyed and kills me. Then we repeatedly die from them coming outside without a warning.

I decide to play another to even out my stats and I get dropped in a started match where the team is getting wrecked. This is all ranked too. Awesome

For every game I have that reminds how much I love this game, I get two that kick me in the balls to remind me how screwed up it is.

Coming off 2 straight wins I decided to get in another match before bed. The defending team immediately sprints out to the spawn points and camps as we look for the objective. We all die at the start. Next round, my grenade bounces off a window reinforcement that I had destroyed and kills me. Then we repeatedly die from them coming outside without a warning.

I decide to play another to even out my stats and I get dropped in a started match where the team is getting wrecked. This is all ranked too. Awesome

How does this happen? I don't understand? Are you suggesting they're leaving the house before the end of the drone phase?

How does this happen? I don't understand? Are you suggesting they're leaving the house before the end of the drone phase?

Yes, it happened to me as well. Evolved1 already mentioned it earlier in the thread.

There's some glitch that allows players to leave a building and roam the map while you're searching for the objective.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah dude. People are getting out and they nitro the spawn and shoot you in the back as the drone phase ends.

On multiple maps. Maybe all.

Yeah dude. People are getting out and they nitro the spawn and shoot you in the back as the drone phase ends.

On multiple maps. Maybe all.

How do they do it though? Are they nitroing walls to escape? I haven't seen this in 300+ matches. That's crap though. They will need to fix this asap, but knowing Ubisoft's support for this game thus far, that seems unlikely to happen.

How do they do it though? Are they nitroing walls to escape? I haven't seen this in 300+ matches. That's crap though. They will need to fix this asap, but knowing Ubisoft's support for this game thus far, that seems unlikely to happen.

I thought I saw it mentioned on here before, but this is he first I've seen it. There's probably a door or a wall somewhere that lets you out. Ive reported more than a few people tonight on Xbox for some pretty shiesty gameplay.

I thought I saw it mentioned on here before, but this is he first I've seen it. There's probably a door or a wall somewhere that lets you out. Ive reported more than a few people tonight on Xbox for some pretty shiesty gameplay.

Hmm, I mean, nothing will happen to them. They aren't cheating if the game lets them outside, even though it is bullshit. Circumventing a loophole in a games ruleset, isn't cheating in my opinion. Of course its detrimental and selfish, but there's no chance anyone will act on the actions of the players doing so. Everyone's frustration should be instead directed at Ubisoft, in the hopes of a timely fix.

I still remember Twisted Metal on PS3. Online problems were so damn bad, and the community moved on so incredibly fast. There were one or two servers up the last time I checked , but I cant even join them because I keep getting some error.

I am sure R6 is too strong to die that way, and Ubisoft will get things ironed out soon enough, but I wonder how many passerby fans will give up and forget about the game as a result.

Do we have any sales numbers for consoles yet by the way? I can see why this is popular on PC, but I wonder if console fans have caught wind of the good reactions.

I wouldn't recommend anyone spend their money on this in its current state. And this is coming from someone who's struggled their way to level 40 amid all the bullshit.

This is a weird statement to me.

You played untill level 40. That takes a big amount of time. That alone justifies the purchase? Im not sure how you define value, but if a game keeps you entertained for so long its worth it?

atr0cious

This is a weird statement to me.

You played untill level 40. That takes a big amount of time. That alone justifies the purchase? Im not sure how you define value, but if a game keeps you entertained for so long its worth it?
Why reward ubi soft for the poor showing they have right now? If I didn't get my my key super cheap, I would be really mad I spent money on this game. I spent as much time closing and restarting the game as I did playing it last night.

Top Bottom