• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Animator

I am close to lvl 100 now , we play dozens of rounds without any problem with our group. Yes the servers have problems but they are hardly the "I WANT A REFUND!" type. I remember what fucked up state BF4 was when it first launched, took EA two months to fix that shit. Siege is nowhere near as bad.

This is hands down one of the if not the best MP game I have played. I am not gonna let a couple of server problems get in the way of my fun.

KodaRuss

I still have yet to experience any real server issues. I am almost lvl 50 on PS4, maybe just getting lucky on playtimes. I am central time zone North America if that makes a difference.

I don't think I have ever wanted a game to work more smoothly than this one. If not for the horrible servers/connection issues tonight my friends and I would have been playing more of this, instead we just played Rocket League.

1 1/2 hours ago the game broke 20.000 concurrent Steam players.
http://steamcharts.com/app/359550

Over the last 3 days the max concurrent player count went from 17k to now 20k.
This is almost 1 month after release of the game, where other games usually have lost a big chunk of concurrent players already, Siege is increasing it's numbers instead.

According to Steamspy the game now also has over 260k Steam owners.

This is awesome and makes sense to me. I think the game is getting great word of mouth.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but 2 new operators will be released next month, 2nd day to be exact.
source

2/2 for Season Pass owners, 2/9 for the rest? Not sure how the early access to operators works. Pics:
WN8q6Ky.png

68LodG2.png

Hope those are placeholders for the women--they look pretty lazy. One of them has a mirrored body of the man on the left.

This is a weird statement to me.

You played untill level 40. That takes a big amount of time. That alone justifies the purchase? Im not sure how you define value, but if a game keeps you entertained for so long its worth it?

I did say struggled to level 40, I mean, have you seen my posts in this thread? If I knew about all these problems there would have been no way I would have bought the game and given Ubisoft money and no one else should either until they sort this out.

we play dozens of rounds without any problem with our group. Yes the servers have problems but they are hardly the "I WANT A REFUND!" type.

The classic "it's working for me therefore there is no problem" excuse. If you had spent most of your time over the past 3 weeks in menus waiting to find a match and looking at smoke screens you'd sure as hell want a fucking refund, too.

Or maybe you wouldn't considering how biased you are, I dunno....

E-flux

This is awesome and makes sense to me. I think the game is getting great word of mouth.

2/2 for Season Pass owners, 2/9 for the rest? Not sure how the early access to operators works. Pics:

Hope those are placeholders for the women--they look pretty lazy. One of them has a mirrored body of the man on the left.

Yes, at least so i would think that 2/2 for Season pass guys. Those are some ugly concept art characters. Yacht sounds like a cool map. I wish that they would someday make an skyscraper map, that would be bad ass.

The servers are down.....at 12:15 a.m. in EU. I swear this is the last Ubisoft game I've bought. Never again. This company is a damn joke since the new gen started. They can fuck off, I don't care.

SexyFish

Banned
Glad I didn't have any issues with PS4 servers for 4 hours straight... The server shit was incredibly annoying yesterday though.

Klyka

Banned
i just bought this game any advice where to start ..

watch the tutorial movies, then play through at least the first half of the situations, trying to do the objectives that are not "finish with 50hp". Note that you only need to do the objective for it to count,you don't need to actually win the round,just finish it.

Then use the nice stack of renown you now have to buy some operators on both attack and defense and jump into multiplayer :D

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
watch the tutorial movies, then play through at least the first half of the situations, trying to do the objectives that are not "finish with 50hp". Note that you only need to do the objective for it to count,you don't need to actually win the round,just finish it.

Then use the nice stack of renown you now have to buy some operators on both attack and defense and jump into multiplayer :D

thanks man! will try

Klyka

Banned
Servers at capacity.

Lmao ok Ubi.

I don't think that's what is actually happening right now btw, seeing how there are only 8500 concurrent players on Steam at this very moment.

I think Ubisoft is working on the server farm right now and because of that we are getting this error. Maybe they turned some servers off while adding new ones or something like that. I ain't no network engineer.

Can't wait for the new stuff.

There is an extra reason i can't wait for the new stuff:
This game is incredibly well balanced in MP. All the operators make a lot of sense there.
I think that it they make slightly less sense in T-hunt. I feel there should be more room for personalisation and fun there.

For the people who only play MP and don't want this: great. But shut-up. I'm not talking about mp. And no, the game won't be CoD because of more options for people to have fun with.

LMAO, the servers aren't down. Apparently it's this error

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1366137-New-error-cod-2-0x0000005E?

Servers at capacity. Loooooool.

I just...I can't.

I said it was this earlier, because the issues alleviate themselves during off-peak hours. Everything begins to work. I get rep for my matches, I can find matches, I don't crash to a smokey screen every time I match.

Ubisoft's servers are very clearly at capacity. It's something they should have been able to accommodate, and something they should be able to fix, very quickly. Depends how much of an oversight they have made though. Considering these problems are global, that means they're over capacity at all of their data centers, of which there are at least five.

Rather comically, you typically get better latencies, faster matchmaking and a more consistent experience from peer to peer games.

Oregon is a great map and it's easy to see why people would be tired of this dead-end matchmaking.

I'm joking, I'm glad it seems that no one has been hurt.

So everyone is pretty frustrated with the matchmaking and netcode right now, I was reflecting on articles I've written about this game.

Why common sense tells us to avoid Rainbow Six Siege, yet I can't pass this one up

Rainbow Six Siege Review: Extreme Home Makover

I should have renamed this to Extreme Server Makeover! I deducted points from the review for matchmaking, network related issues, and other bugs.

Rainbow Six Siege is my game of the year, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone

Looking back, it's rather comical that I didn't take my own advice, and avoid this game. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed that I bought it though... I've had good experiences, but in terms of matchmaking and its technical issues, it's the worst experience I have ever had in a video game. In one of my articles I cite Chu Chu Rocket on the Dreamcast as a more coherent and fluid online experience. Ubisoft should be ashamed.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've had incredible times with this game but if this situation isn't sorted out soon I may not touch it anymore. Not out of spite or anything, just because of other things taking up my time.

So everyone is pretty frustrated with the matchmaking and netcode right now, I was reflecting on articles I've written about this game.

Why common sense tells us to avoid Rainbow Six Siege, yet I can't pass this one up

Rainbow Six Siege Review: Extreme Home Makover

I should have renamed this to Extreme Server Makeover! I deducted points from the review for matchmaking, network related issues, and other bugs.

Rainbow Six Siege is my game of the year, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone

Looking back, it's rather comical that I didn't take my own advice, and avoid this game. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed that I bought it though... I've had good experiences, but in terms of matchmaking and its technical issues, it's the worst experience I have ever had in a video game. In one of my articles I cite Chu Chu Rocket on the Dreamcast as a more coherent and fluid online experience. Ubisoft should be ashamed.
we ran into a major 15 minute freeze on Saturday.

3 friends were playing on PC and experienced a UPLAy shutdown that last over 15 minutes,
even on PS4 it was down.

the game is fun when it works but the UI sucks,
you cannot keep your party and change settings,
backing out to change settings causes you yo leave the party,
cannot toggle between silencer or not in between loadouts while selecting character

enewtabie

This game is fantastic. I've not played anything since Christmas. I put off Fallout 4, Lego Dimensions,Just Cause 3,etc. I wish I could swap weapons between operators . Otherwise, game is great and everyone should buy it. Could use some situations for Snipers using the HRT or something similar.

Easy Breezy

Neo Member
Myself and several friends are getting an issue where the game continually freezes since the last patch (combined it has done it probably 30 times in the last 2 days alone).

Anyone else experiencing this/is it a known issue (Xbox btw)?

manhack

I've had incredible times with this game but if this situation isn't sorted out soon I may not touch it anymore. Not out of spite or anything, just because of other things taking up my time.

They must of done something right this morning on PC I was able to play for about an hour with no issues. It gives me hope that they can at least fix the matchmaking issues at some point.

arimanius

I still have yet to experience any real server issues. I am almost lvl 50 on PS4, maybe just getting lucky on playtimes. I am central time zone North America if that makes a difference.

I'm in the CST as well and the servers are horrible during the day. They get better around 8 pm I have found.

crush7337

Banned
Do you guys recommend this for $45? The Steam sales over in a few hours, or should I just wait down the road to when the game is in a more stable state?

I also don't have a group on PC to play with yet, so I'd mostly be playing solo.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
we ran into a major 15 minute freeze on Saturday.

3 friends were playing on PC and experienced a UPLAy shutdown that last over 15 minutes,
even on PS4 it was down.

the game is fun when it works but the UI sucks,
you cannot keep your party and change settings,
backing out to change settings causes you yo leave the party,
cannot toggle between silencer or not in between loadouts while selecting character
To keep your party you have to quit when on the matchmaking screen. If you quit when you reach the end of match screen it doesnt take people out with you.

arimanius

If they fix all the server issues soon then I'm ok with them delaying the DLC. If they don't the game may be in a bad state by then lol

Do you guys recommend this for $45? The Steam sales over in a few hours, or should I just wait down the road to when the game is in a more stable state?

I also don't have a group on PC to play with yet, so I'd mostly be playing solo.

Ugh, personally I would get it. I love it, though I hate to recommend it, because Ubisoft really do not deserve your money right now.

Also, don't play solo, just play with people on gaf or whatever.

Ugh, personally I would get it. I love it, though I hate to recommend it, because Ubisoft really do not deserve your money right now.

Also, don't play solo, just play with people on gaf or whatever.

Which if you're playing on Xbox is nearly impossible. I love and hate this game so hard.

Animator

We had two full squads every night since the game came out. You dont have to play solo, just hop on discord and join us.

Grimsen

I played a ton of games last night, and had the loading screen bug once. I still recommend the game greatly. Now that the holidays are over, Ubi should get to fixing things on their end.

Klyka

Banned
You guys think there should be a thread made about the game's community actually growing,despite server issues and lukewarm pre-release buzz?

arimanius

I'm super curious what everyone's controller settings are on the PS4. I'm having a hard time finding a good setting. It's either two slow or to fast.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Day One: Back to work for the first time in nearly 2 weeks.

No more playing Siege for 25 hours a day with my GAF buds.

Infinite sadness sets in.
I'm all alone.
I'm super curious what everyone's controller settings are on the PS4. I'm having a hard time finding a good setting. It's either two slow or to fast.
I crank up the sensitivity for hipfire and reduce it pretty low for ADS. The game has some acceleration on the stick and a bit of dead zone that makes high speed ADS too squirrelly, unfortunately.

Top Bottom