• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

arimanius

I'm all alone.

I crank up the sensitivity for hipfire and reduce it pretty low for ADS. The game has some acceleration on the stick and a bit of dead zone that makes high speed ADS too squirrelly, unfortunately.

I'll have to try lowing it for ADS. I've been messing with the dead zones and sensitivity and still can't find a smooth movement and not over shoot my target.

I've read that close beta controlled better. Wonder what they changed.

I know and it's tearing me apart!

Oh, now you wanna play?!

I sent you a great many invites in the past week and you ignored them all. Is it because we scoffed at the Canadian operators? ;)

Hahaha yes. All that hate on the Mounties!! I was playing with a buddy so I ended up not joining. But im gonna be home for a couple of days so I can play finally!

To keep your party you have to quit when on the matchmaking screen. If you quit when you reach the end of match screen it doesnt take people out with you.

Thank you for this. I couldn't figure out what the trick was.

Do you guys recommend this for $45? The Steam sales over in a few hours, or should I just wait down the road to when the game is in a more stable state?

I also don't have a group on PC to play with yet, so I'd mostly be playing solo.

We had two full squads every night since the game came out. You dont have to play solo, just hop on discord and join us.
We do always have people in there. Or if you wait long enough, we get full rooms for sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll have to try lowing it for ADS. I've been messing with the dead zones and sensitivity and still can't find a smooth movement and not over shoot my target.

I've read that close beta controlled better. Wonder what they changed.
Dead zone as far down as they allow. Dead zones are garbage. Turn that all the way down.

Evolved1

Haha, great!

So you have yours set to "0" instead of the default "10"? I think I'm remembering the numbers correctly.
They make 10 (or maybe it's five) the lowest for some reason. Which is dumb, I should be able to set it as low as my gamepad will accommodate. Unfortunately you cannot adjust acceleration, which always feels best at zero, and while it's not as bad as some games, it's still present here. Acceleration is the reason people overshoot their intended target. It's gross. It comes from PC devs porting to consoles more often than not.

Dead zone and acceleration (a lot of of people confuse these with input lag) I am highly sensitive to, the way some people are sensitive to fps or tearing. It can ruin a shooter for me. Siege has mediocre analog control. Passable, but if they added the acceleration slider, to turn that junk off, it would be much better.

They make 10 (or maybe it's five) the lowest for some reason. Which is dumb, I should be able to set it as low as my gamepad will accommodate. Unfortunately you cannot adjust acceleration, which always feels best at zero, and while it's not as bad as some games, it's still present here. Acceleration is the reason people overshoot their intended target. It's gross. It comes from PC devs porting to consoles more often than not.

Dead zone and acceleration (a lot of of people confuse these with input lag) I am highly sensitive to, the way some people are sensitive to fps or tearing. It can ruin a shooter for me. Siege has mediocre analog control. Passable, but if they added the acceleration slider, to turn that junk off, it would be much better.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the deadzone myself, however, when I bump it all the way down it feels too loose or something. It's weird.

manhack

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/684031973992591360

Q35EfHj.png

I guess that clears that question up for good.

Seems like we are getting more activity from Ubisoft now that everyone is back to work. I assumed as much would happen today.

Maulik

Can't be said often enough but any PS4 gaffers should join the group message for this game so we can easily find one another and play. Been a blast playing with some of you guys on there.

I've tweaked them down some but I'll have to try them all the way down with a lower ADS setting as well and see how that feels. Thanks for the advice.

Dead zones at 0 will often cause controllers inputs to drift as the analogue stick sees wear. So that's something to consider in the long term, though I don't know how prone PS4 controller are to that issue.

It used to be a problem on PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, that's why in many cases the controllers themselves appear to have built in deadzones, artificially enhancing their durability.

Keep it at 0 by all means, but if you notice it drifting that might be the controllers long-term wear, in which case you may need to increase it a little, again.

Is this like headglitching in COD? How can they fix something like this?

Actually its the opposite, based on the video it seems like bullets are fired from a characters eye region, that means you have a hitbox vertically above your eye region, that protrudes higher than you can see when looking over cover. Unless I am mistaken, what this means is that you can't 'headglitch', because you can't poke a minimal amount of your head out from the enemy.

It seems like this may have been designed this way, intentionally. If you wan't to shoot an enemy, your character has to look like he is actually able to see them. In the video they demonstrate an abundance of scenarios where the victim is being shot, yet he himself cannot see the person attacking him, because only the top of his head is poking out.

That makes sense to me. I would not want people peeking stairways showing only a pixel of their head for me to fire at. I think if people want to be aggressive then they should have to place themselves at a certain degree of risk.

I'm going to do some testing on PS4, and I'll post back on this matter.

Menthuss

Is this like headglitching in COD? How can they fix something like this?

It's not a glitch. This happens because, like a lot of other FPS games, the camera (AKA what you see as a player) is inside the chest of your character model, instead of inside your head. The problem is that in a slower paced, tactical shooter like Siege this becomes a problem much quicker than in say COD because of the slow and methodical movement.

Klyka

Banned
It's not a glitch. This happens because, like a lot of other FPS games, the camera (AKA what you see as a player) is inside the chest of your character model, instead of inside your head. The problem is that in a slower paced, tactical shooter like Siege this becomes a problem much quicker than in say COD because of the slow and methodical movement.

It's not in the chest. Not at all. it's actually slightly below the eyes. Around the chin area.

I think it would be a much bigger problem if it were in the top of the head, as players would consistently be shot by mere pixels of enemies. If anything, the perspective demonstrated in the video linked above makes a lot more sense.

They probably did it this way so that if you want to peek a window then you have to put yourself in harms way to do so, otherwise, with the bright light that often stems from them, you would have no chance of responding to these types of attack.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
I found the NeoGaf PS4 community but is there an easy way of joining games in progress etc? Or should I just hop in an open party and say hello?

What's the easiest way to join the gaffers on the PS4?

Evolved1

I found the NeoGaf PS4 community but is there an easy way of joining games in progress etc? Or should I just hop in an open party and say hello?

What's the easiest way to join the gaffers on the PS4?
You need an invite to the group chat, which you add to your favorites. Then you can see everyone playing and message or join them. We discourage actually posting in group chat though, as the spam-like updates annoy quickly.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

Drewfonse

I've had zero problems in 4 hrs on Xbox One today.

Some good team playing randoms, too. No team kills, very few early disconnects.

I went to get a refund on this yesterday with plans to re-buy it on Amazon with some credit I had with them. I initially paid full price at my local shop and I'd be saving $20. The guy at the counter asked if I was returning it because I didn't like it, before I could reply he said "yep, I knew it. Ubisoft just can't be trusted anymore". Then he went on this long diatribe about Ubisoft as a company and using their history as a way to write off Siege as a bad game.

I didn't realize Ubisoft had such a stigma behind it's name. Enough for people to seriously feel good passing on this game, anyway.

I went to get a refund on this yesterday with plans to re-buy it on Amazon with some credit I had with them. I initially paid full price at my local shop and I'd be saving $20. The guy at the counter asked if I was returning it because I didn't like it, before I could reply he said "yep, I knew it. Ubisoft just can't be trusted anymore". Then he went on this long diatribe about Ubisoft as a company and using their history as a way to write off Siege as a bad game.

I didn't realize Ubisoft had such a stigma behind it's name. Enough for people to seriously feel good passing on this game, anyway.

Did you tell him why then after he made that speech?

edit:

Is this really the image of the 4 new operators? That asian photoshop is just.....bad.

68LodG2.png

Evolved1

Looks like psn is giving siege servers a breather. lol

K.Sabot

Even after this patch that fixed the so called hit reg and server / client discrepancies, there's still ridiculous hit reg and peeker's advantage.

Even after this patch that fixed the so called hit reg and server / client discrepancies, there's still ridiculous hit reg and peeker's advantage.

I notice it a lot more in ranked servers than the casual. Maybe because the players are better, idk. It sucks sometimes tho.

Mentok

Banned
Did you tell him why then after he made that speech?

edit:

Is this really the image of the 4 new operators? That asian photoshop is just.....bad.

68LodG2.png

Yeah the two women look terrible. I also don't get why they're showing the US OPs as they won't be released for a while.

Evolved1

That's just bad art... their characters have been pretty awesome.

I wonder what her gadget will be. Shows a knife in the other portrait. I just want to know.

Probably the first female defender though. Guy has an AR w/ underbarrel, makes me think attacker.

Top Bottom