• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

K.Sabot

ugh

as defender dude walks around a corner and instantly kills me:

me: "he must have prefired my spot as he walked out"

see their kill cam, he rounds the corner and looks at me for half a second before shooting me

ubisoft this has to stop

ugh

as defender dude walks around a corner and instantly kills me:

me: "he must have prefired my spot as he walked out"

see their kill cam, he rounds the corner and looks at me for half a second before shooting me

ubisoft this has to stop

I got shot by someone who claimed to be aiming at our Tachanka through the wall (after I called them out). I was several meters to Tachanka's right, and in the killcam, I see them aim right over my head, pop three shots, and I'm down. Tachanka? They were dead by the time I was killed.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm on now, gonna move to a bigger tv and send you an invite.

Also is Trini the only person who can send out invites to the new favorites group?

As long as one of the other members verify you are from gaf then I have no problem with them sending you an invite.

You can request it in the thread here or PM me and I will add you.

Simo

They need to force it so Defenders cannot go outside during the preparation phase not just throw up a fucking warning. Playing the Air Force One map and getting spawn killed because a defender was allowed to leave the plane and set up a C4 on the Attackers spawn and wipe us out instantly is bullshit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
They need to force it so Defenders cannot go outside during the preparation phase not just throw up a fucking warning. Playing the Air Force One map and getting spawn killed because a defender was allowed to leave the plane and set up a C4 on the Attackers spawn and wipe us out instantly is bullshit.

Wow, never experienced that one.

Wait what? I thought it was a thing already that you can't go outside while defending? It's just a warning? That is garbage. They should use the excuse that their are perimeter snipers setup on all the maps and if you are outside for more than 5 seconds you are instant killed.

Edit: Any PC crew on? I am still a noob but would like to play with people I can chat to, to start to learn some finer points of the game.

It physically bars you from going outside though. If you get killed then the preparation phase is over.

Simo

It physically bars you from going outside though. If you get killed then the preparation phase is over.

Not on that map unless it's a glitch?

It was the Preparation phase and while myself and the rest of the team had our drones searching for the biohazard container on the plane we got the notification that one of the enemy players were outside. This is was the second time he had done this. He apparently had an idea of where we would spawn so he threw down some C4 and moved backwards further away from the plane but near our spawn so once the Action phase commenced he detonated the C4 killing 3 instantly and shot the other 2 of us in the back within seconds.

Again the enemy defender was allowed to leave the plane during the Preparation phase so they could spawn kill us the moment Action phase started. I thought you were barred from leaving the AO if you're defending, though I've never tried to leave either, and I've never experienced this before. So I'm thinking it's either a glitch or maybe the open cargo hold lets you leave?

Might be a hack; who knows. I've encountered some questionable deaths especially from looking at killcams so it doesn't seem so unlikely. Really hope Ubisoft can get ontop of all the online foibles as soon as possible, it's hindering an otherwise stupendous game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
There is a movement glitch which uses the barricade system to push you through to the other side of the paper-thin barrier that goes up during the set-up phase. A few videos popped up showing it the other night. It seems like it takes some practice, but it's catching on more and more by the day.

I really hope they get these servers/matchmaking issues ironed out. Searching can be instant or take 5-10 minutes. And then the random disconnects.

Had a good 3-4 hours tonight on PC with the same group with no matchmaking issues at all and fast search times. They seem to be sorting it out. Only had one disconnect near the beginning but after that it was smooth sailing.

Animator

Yea we played for like 5 hours straight with no disconnects or renown problem/stuck at smoke screen. Smooth as butter tonight.

nOoblet16

It's not a glitch. This happens because, like a lot of other FPS games, the camera (AKA what you see as a player) is inside the chest of your character model, instead of inside your head. The problem is that in a slower paced, tactical shooter like Siege this becomes a problem much quicker than in say COD because of the slow and methodical movement.
That is what head glitching is though, it's not a glitch but that's the correct word.

Also it's not inside the chest, very few games do that (Killzone being one). The camera is above the neck for sure, if you want to test it then just stand in front of another player, if it was on the chest then you'll feel like your character is a dwarf.

Infact I dare say this is something that will be unavoidable even in real life because for someone at an elevation under you they will most certainly see the top of your head before you see any part of their body.

CSJ

OMFG I can't believe I pulled this off. GOTY. Blitz is fucking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAim6VYg72E

You're lucky that the first person was actually looking away and not staring right at you, or the second one was actually facing you and got blinded! :p

I haven't played for a couple of days or so but the update/rotation is the worst I have ever seen in a game in my entire history of online FPS gaming, it's fucking amateur. The height of this was when a team mate was, on his screen; making a passable hole in a wall with his shotgun. Yet on my screen he was facing directly at me shooting his weapon.

This went on for around 8 shotgun rounds to the wall and reload.

It's a really good game, it's just in my opinion the one thing they should have got right before a lot of stuff.
I'm sure they'll sort it, unless they get stingy with the costs of how much bandwidth this will all cost when not letting us to host our own. Unless it's P2P and I'm talking shit but I don't think so.

nOoblet16

You're lucky that the first person was actually looking away and not staring right at you, or the second one was actually facing you and got blinded! :p

I haven't played for a couple of days or so but the update/rotation is the worst I have ever seen in a game in my entire history of online FPS gaming, it's fucking amateur. The height of this was when a team mate was, on his screen; making a passable hole in a wall with his shotgun. Yet on my screen he was facing directly at me shooting his weapon.

This went on for around 8 shotgun rounds to the wall and reload.

It's a really good game, it's just in my opinion the one thing they should have got right before a lot of stuff.
I'm sure they'll sort it, unless they get stingy with the costs of how much bandwidth this will all cost when not letting us to host our own. Unless it's P2P and I'm talking shit but I don't think so.
The game is not P2P and the tick rate for server refresh is around 64 per second which is actually good.

What you had was probably the shotgun guy lagging. I've never come across the situation you described before.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Pffft, I had 2 health. TWO. How can you guys ignore that? :(

Well yeah hip firing when the shield is up is very inaccurate. You have to point at the direction of the enemy and hope it connects. When you get a random headshot like that, it's pretty hilarious.

Klyka

Banned
Unless it's P2P and I'm talking shit but I don't think so.

Terrorist Hunt is P2P, the actual multiplayer is on dedicated servers that run with a tickrate of 60 and a movement update rate of 60 on PC and 30 (for now) on consoles.

Coolest thing I found out yesterday? The game allows you to create local custom games, aka LAN games.

iMax

Terrorist Hunt is P2P, the actual multiplayer is on dedicated servers that run with a tickrate of 60 and a movement update rate of 60 on PC and 30 (for now) on consoles.

Coolest thing I found out yesterday? The game allows you to create local custom games, aka LAN games.

Yeah, although only four of your friends can join which seems completely pointless. The rest have to manually browse for the server and it cannot be invite only, so randoms will come in.

Y0j1mb0

Bought this recently and IMHO it's one of the best competitive games I've played in recent years on the consoles ( PS4 here ). Aside from waiting a bit longer than usual getting into a match occasionally, the game kicks major ass. Currently only rolling with just one friend online, haven't experienced a real full squad communicating and actually working together. I can only imagine that being even more rewarding.

My PSN : k0wb0y-b33b0p

Anybody interested in rolling together on this, shoot me a friend request.
Just let me know you're from GAF in the friend request please.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The game is not P2P and the tick rate for server refresh is around 64 per second which is actually good.

Is asynchronous though, client refresh much slower even before factoring latency. It is why the peeking advantage which was huge at release is still fairly large.

the laser is purely cosmetic too, bullets don't go where it's pointing at. it just reduces hipfire spread. what a shame.

That isn't "purely cosmetic" as it is doing something, reducing hipfire spread. What you seem to be saying is that it doesn't accurately reflect your aimpoint at whatever range it is set for.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah, although only four of your friends can join which seems completely pointless. The rest have to manually browse for the server and it cannot be invite only, so randoms will come in.

How....how do....how do randoms come in via LAN?????

KodaRuss

Do I have to play through situations to get online?

No you can go straight to multiplayer if you want. I am not sure I would recommend it though, you will likely get slaughtered and be completely lost if you have not tried a couple of the situations or at least try terrorist hunt first.

Top Bottom