• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

No you can go straight to multiplayer if you want. I am not sure I would recommend it though, you will likely get slaughtered and be completely lost if you have not tried a couple of the situations or at least try terrorist hunt first.
That's weird since terrorist hunt and multiplayer are locked for some reason.

Random tip: Put a laser sight on your pistol and you can use it to bait people round corners when you want them to think they can get the drop on you. Aim laser down a corridor or whatever, then relocate a little with your assault rifle, aiming at where you expect them to be.

I always find tricks like this very amusing.

CSJ

The game is not P2P and the tick rate for server refresh is around 64 per second which is actually good.

What you had was probably the shotgun guy lagging. I've never come across the situation you described before.

Like I said, I've played a lot and I've seen this happen once so it's no surprise you haven't seen it either. But, I've seen similar just not at those extreme periods.

Yet the game was happy to update his shots, detecting the wall he hit just not where he's facing. This plays into the whole seeing someone kill you before you see them and I play a lot of custom 5 vs 5 play and you can speak to the people as you know them in teamspeak about what they say and what you saw.

I'm dubious about this 60 tickrate, it seemed good for a while but it feels like they've reverted.

haveheart

Banned
R6 is two totally different games on PC and PS4. PC is really slow paced peeking inch for inch into the smallest holes in barricades. The precision of m+k provoces a totally different playstyle.

PS4 is much more about tactics and not so much aim-skill. I definitely prefer this version.

But the bonus points/no points after round bug is really annoying...

R6 is two totally different games on PC and PS4. PC is really slow paced peeking inch for inch into the smallest holes in barricades. The precision of m+k provoces a totally different playstyle.

PS4 is much more about tactics and not so much aim-skill. I definitely prefer this version.

But the bonus points/no points after round bug is really annoying...

I agree with this, I had a go on the PC version recently and have the same sentiments. I'm glad that pre-release Ubisoft were demoing this on the console versions of the game, else I don't think I would have bought into the hype.

On PS4 if you make the right play, you can create scenarios where your kills are determined by your intelligence and strategy. On PC, where gameplay is much, much more twitchy, this focus on strategy is often circumvented by tactile ability.

Flanking and player movements are in turn, much more influential on the console iterations of the game, which makes kills and wins feel more satisfying, in my opinion as they are the result of intelligent gameplay rather than reactions and control. Of course dexterity is still a hugely influential factor on console too, but I feel it's more balanced across and strategy, than on the PC version of the game where the experience is skewed towards dexterity and reactions.

Overall though, it's not worlds apart, but this game is great on console for the same reasons games like TLOU Factions are great on console. The control schemes allow the experience to emulate the realistic capacity of human beings (most humans wouldn't have much luck spinning around, and attempting to headshot someone) and that places emphasis on strategy and intelligence.

haveheart

Banned
I agree with this, I had a go on the PC version recently and have the same sentiments. I'm glad that pre-release Ubisoft were demoing this on the console versions of the game, else I don't think I would have bought into the hype.

On PS4 if you make the right play, you can create scenarios where your kills are determined by your intelligence and strategy. On PC, where gameplay is much, much more twitchy, this focus on strategy is often circumvented by tactile ability.

Absolutely. I've seen 1v5 clutches on PC. I don't think these things happen that often on consoles.

I'm a long-time CS player and I love it for both tactics and skill. But you have 3/4 different types of grenades and a few angles to cover.

But that's not what R6 is about. This m+k aim and skill approach on PC really neglects all the cool gadgets R6 is built around.

edit: Nevertheless, I will still continue playing on both platforms. I find it highly enjoyable on PC and console but for different reasons.

Absolutely. I've seen 1v5 clutches on PC. I don't think these things happen that often on consoles.

I'm a long-time CS player and I love it for both tactics and skill. But you have 3/4 different types of grenades and a few angles to cover.

But that's not what R6 is about. This m+k aim and skill approach on PC really neglects all the cool gadgets R6 is built around.

edit: Nevertheless, I will still continue playing on both platforms. I find it highly enjoyable on PC and console but for different reasons.

I've actually had loads of 1 vs 5 clutches on PS4, but I feel like I outsmarted them, rather than beat them with my ability on the controller.

Here's a video of some clutches from my first week of Siege.

In the second clip for example, if it were the PC version, the two prone next to a shield would have killed me. The fact that they were sat in a stupid place wouldn't have mattered because their accuracy and ability to respond to my peeking would have been far more lethal, and they wouldn't have been punished for their stupid positioning.

HiiiLife

I've actually had loads of 1 vs 5 clutches on PS4, but I feel like I outsmarted them, rather than beat them with my ability on the controller.

That's how most of my encounters are in the game. I love how Siege turns into such a battle of wits rather than a straight up firefight at times. Cannot say that for other FPS games I've played last gen, or this gen.

HiiiLife

The new operators are 25000 right? Jesus I better grind because I'm only at 6000. I thought I'd be sitting cushy at AT LEAST 20000 since I'm 51... But I guess I'm using my money on stupid shit and completely forgetting about it...

Lmao I killed someone with my shock drone. Took me five or six shots, lol. I'm still laughing.
I got someone yesterday within the first minute. Using the shock drone to troll the team as your team blasts in is a great distraction

And I love being montagne and walking into a room where a guy knows he is alone. They run away just terrified

Random tip: Put a laser sight on your pistol and you can use it to bait people round corners when you want them to think they can get the drop on you. Aim laser down a corridor or whatever, then relocate a little with your assault rifle, aiming at where you expect them to be.

I always find tricks like this very amusing.

I'm not sure I understand. Once I relocate and switch out to the AR won't they already not see the laser sight anymore.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I've played a few matches of t-hunt and I'm enjoying myself, I guess I just wasn't in the right frame of mind when I was playing the beta.

You were in the right mind. The alpha and beta truly did suck.

Too bad many consumers and media outlets made up their minds on the turd tests.

Klyka

Banned
You were in the right mind. The alpha and beta truly did suck.

Too bad many consumers and media outlets made up their minds on the turd tests.

We have many people going back on their words now though and writing "Rainbow Six Siege is amazing now!" articles though.

Total Biscuit put it as his top 6 game of 2015, basically saying "This looked like shit and now I can't stop playing it cause it's so good!"

Ralemont

not me
I'm not sure I understand. Once I relocate and switch out to the AR won't they already not see the laser sight anymore.

I think he's saying you can intentionally give away your position with the laser, then move somewhere else and wait for someone coming around the corner, aiming at the wrong spot.

PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

good! when my PC brothers are offline, I will hop onto PS4 :)
will join tonight

Hatchtag

Banned
God this game can make me hate it so much so quickly grrrrrrrrrrrrr

i had a match yesterday where i got shot and killed by a teammate trying to hit a drone, and it didn't look like i was hit at all on the replay. I about snapped when that happened.

I had the most amazing moment a few days ago where I snuck up behind three people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsDmhgrrF50

The Glaz outside be like:

giphy.gif

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
An interesting video on what works and doesn't. Didn't realize some of the stuff about the jammers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeQyk7G8-c&feature=youtu.be&t=166

Mute can have 2 walls blocked but only small wall reinforcements
The walls there equate to 4 small ones =)
good! when my PC brothers are offline, I will hop onto PS4 :)
will join tonight

I should have gotten it but I didn't want to buying it once was enough (for now)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sometimes just the sound of mute's jammer is enough to stop a breach. I know if I hear that thing, I don't even attempt to breach without thatcher clearing it.

Half an hour sitting in a lobby waiting to find a ranked game tonight. Finally found a game and then got the endless smoke screen. A night well spent.

I'm never buying a Ubisoft game at launch ever again.

Any PS4 players wants to do a PUG?
10 players, 2 team captain (randomly chosen).
Draft pick, best 2 out of 3 matches. (Best 4 out of 7 rounds)

Got a shock drone triple kill earlier.

Couldn't record because PS4 is full :( but it was funny. Naturally, they were all left on very low HP.

It was also in ranked, though we still lost the round... it was 4 vs 5, and the last guy killed me.

Top Bottom