• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Klyka

Banned
Around rank 25ish (forgot my rank) this game is finally starting to click for me no longer finishing maps with 0 kills because I don't know where they're going to come from, or where to defend. Or where to attack. Learning the maps is taking so long. There's so many places to go.

It has actually helped me to not only do the situations,but to play lone wolf realistic terror hunt.
The AI sits in some craaaaazy places

Keihart

Any PS4 players wants to do a PUG?
10 players, 2 team captain (randomly chosen).
Draft pick, best 2 out of 3 matches. (Best 4 out of 7 rounds)

When is this happening? i would like to participate.

Edit: NVM, reading now.
Edit 2: 7-9 PM EST , i can do that if you are still looking for more people.

dcelw540

guys would you recommend this game? Just because all my friends got it and they love it but my experience with the betas were pretty much waiting for matches. Also it's 80 dollars here in canada :/

Keihart

guys would you recommend this game? Just because all my friends got it and they love it but my experience with the betas were pretty much waiting for matches. Also it's 80 dollars here in canada :/

IDK if is worth it for you, but if you have friends playing it, then i would say that you are already all set up for it.

Gaz_RB

Oh yeah. I can't stop playing it. And I don't usually end up playing games for very long before moving on.

I'm recommending this game to everyone and everything in earshot. My parent's dog seemed interested, but idk if he'll end up getting it.

Fellow Canadian, it was $50 on Amazon about 2 days ago. I think it's around $67 now with free shipping, but that's the cheapest I can find :(

It's marked down from $80, and it may go back up to that price if you feel like acting now

I'm personally waiting for it to hit around $50 again.

Let's set a tentative date for the 7th during the evening. All fun and games, nothing personal.
PS4*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
4.Evolved1
5.Berzerk-O
6.TheTrinidad
7.Chronospherics
8.US_Keihart

2 Team captain will be randomly chosen through RNG.
Team 1 has pick number 1, 4, 5, 8
Team 2 has pick number 2, 3, 6, 7

Team 2 picks the first Map and Game Mode. Team 1 chooses which side to start (Attack or Defend)
Team 1 picks the second Map and game mode with Team 2 choosing the side.
Third game undecided yet..

Quoting for new page still 2 spots! Once it fills I'll rng the team captain and start the drafting by pm or on ps4 if we can chat

Drewfonse

I almost put Tchanka on my list. The best operator.

I'm trying to get a game where I successfully pull off a flank, set up his mounted gun, and wipe the enemy team with it through a wall.

I've come close so far, on the Clubhouse map if they attack your rooftop location you can mount your gun on the opposing building while they attack and tear through the wall on their side.

Any basic tips for using tachanka? I'm thinking about using him for a bit.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Make sure you have someone to cover your back and if there is trouble dont hesitate to get off the gun and move!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KVQ1O3U/

Slightly cheaper!

Let's set a tentative date for the 7th during the evening. All fun and games, nothing personal.
PS4*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
4.Evolved1
5.Berzerk-O
6.TheTrinidad
7.Chronospherics
8.US_Keihart

2 Team captain will be randomly chosen through RNG.
Team 1 has pick number 1, 4, 5, 8
Team 2 has pick number 2, 3, 6, 7

Team 2 picks the first Map and Game Mode. Team 1 chooses which side to start (Attack or Defend)
Team 1 picks the second Map and game mode with Team 2 choosing the side.
Third game undecided yet..

Count me in!

Best tip I can give is pick a better operator. Tachanka can have once in a blue moon kills with that MG, but what he brings to the table as far as team preparation and versatility is pretty terrible. Any proper team will have a Tachanka spotted and killed quickly, as if they're on the gun they are an easy target and if they aren't on the gun, then they are just a regular enemy to face. As opposed to the other, less popular defenders like Jäger or Kapkan or Bandit that have gadgets/dynamics that can help the team even if they aren't alive.

KodaRuss

Best tip I can give is pick a better operator. Tachanka can have once in a blue moon kills with that MG, but what he brings to the table as far as team preparation and versatility is pretty terrible. Any proper team will have a Tachanka spotted and killed quickly, as if they're on the gun they are an easy target and if they aren't on the gun, then they are just a regular enemy to face. As opposed to the other, less popular defenders like Jäger or Kapkan or Bandit that have gadgets/dynamics that can help the team even if they aren't alive.

Honestly Ubi needs to think about buffing him a little or something (not sure how they could) but he is almost a joke imo.

When I am playing casual and someone picks him I just roll my eyes. While yes there are certain places where it can be useful defending particular rooms but you wont know what room or rooms you need to defend before you pick him. Pick Jager, Mute, Castle or Rook before him.

kvk1

Have his rounds go through shields. Maybe erect a small shield of his own around the mount, so he's not a complete sitting duck.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I just had the fucking stupidest team... the enemy disarmed the bomb.... while out numbered. .. Twice

They didn't even keep an eye on it

iMax

Have his rounds go through shields. Maybe erect a small shield of his own around the mount, so he's not a complete sitting duck.

That'd be a good idea for an offence operator. Armor-Piercing heavy weapon, single-rate fire, long reload for balance.

kvk1

That'd be a good idea for an offence operator. Armor-Piercing heavy weapon, single-rate fire, long reload for balance.

You can kind of deal with shields on offense with Ash, as she just blows them up. But it's not a clean solution.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
He doesn't need a buff. Just let him set down the damn gun wherever he wants. Let him set that thing up on a pool table if he so desires.

As of now, you can't put the fucking thing anywhere. God forbid someone drops the armor bag in the one spot you know will work. Smh.

I wouldn't mind the buff letting him damage shield users. But just letting you set up the weapon in more spacez would be a buff in itself.

manhack

I use Tachanka for fun a lot when we are steamrolling the other teams. I usually wait until after the prep phase to set him up so the enemy team doesn't know where you have him.

Mentok

Banned
It would be cool if we could get the teams sorted out tonight, maybe get some practice in before "the big showdown". This is going to be fun!

I use Tachanka for fun a lot when we are steamrolling the other teams. I usually wait until after the prep phase to set him up so the enemy team doesn't know where you have him.

Tachanka also benefits from having max armor and all the Spetznaz characters have the choice of the best reticules in the game.

I get yelled at for picking him, but heck I need the extra armor LOL. The two Germans and Pulse are way too low armor for my tastes.

Evolved1

Guys I might be busy for the pick up game. Fill the spot. Keep me in mind as an alternate.

Sorry. Life and stuff.

Mentok

Banned
Guys I might be busy for the pick up game. Fill the spot. Keep me in mind as an alternate.

Sorry. Life and stuff.

*If you wound up on my team* Oh man, that sucks but I understand. You'll be missed!

*If you wound up on the enemy team* Thank GOD! Who asked you to play anyway?! :p

Tachanka/Kapkan also have a pretty sick shotgun for it's RoF.

Evolved1

*If you wound up on my team* Oh man, that sucks but I understand. You'll be missed!

*If you wound up on the enemy team* Thank GOD! Who asked you to play anyway?! :p

Tachanka/Kapkan also have a pretty sick shotgun for it's RoF.
Haha. I love this game, but I'm middling, at best. The few times I've waded into ranked have been absolutely disastrous. My current ranked stats make it look worse than it really is (too small of sample size) but by this time next year, I'll be right there at the median. Most of gaf would eat my lunch lol.

Hatchtag

Banned

there's a room on the christmasy map for hostage where the hostage is set in a room with no entrances aside from the front, and you can just set up right in front of the hostage, giving full view of any entries. this is probably the most useful tachanka is, because it's the only time you can set him up where you actually want to set him up at.

arimanius

I'm getting a lot of connection to host lost tonight. Which sucks cause I'm actually doing decent.

Edit* I actually haven't been able to finish a match. Anyone else having this issue?

Saw a guy today in our Defending team pick Tachanka and during the preparation phase, somehow ran outside, saw the laser sights from the Attacking team, raised his turret and blasted them all once they actually spawned.

That's next-level shit. Cheating, but still, pretty crazy.

Stat!

Just purchased the game! Anyone on PSN wanting to play some terrorist hunting?

My PSN is Stat_09 - just send me a message/friend request!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP
WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR PSN ID FOR THE CHAT REQUEST

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

Newlove

My user profile failed to load (PC). Anyone else get that just now? I continued, and it loaded in the menu. My rank is the same but Situations etc. are all reset as if I've never played. Hope that's just a Ubisoft server issue.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you're going to play tachanka you need to know the maps. Get on the cameras first thing and then figure out where they're coming from. Setup your gun to cover the most likely point of entry from that spawn. Open up on them when they're on the other side of the door/window and aren't expecting MG fire, lol. Get your 1-2 free kills and then ditch the gun.

I've seen this work really well on small maps like the the ski chalet and the small house. You get their entire team running up towards a double door and just mow them down.

That said, if you fail the start you've picked probably the least utility for your team possible.

Flunkie

Banned
Alright, I started on PC, but I'm switching over to PS4, and need some people to play with. I'll definitely join that group, but hit me up if you feel like bustin some windows with a squirrel.

How do i invite from the gaf group without sending friend request?

Ps4

PEEEZY187

When you press invite you'll be able to select from a list of selections in addition to friends, one of them being Favorite Groups, which is where the Gaf group should be.

Top Bottom