• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

kevin1025

Banned
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but does anyone know about this Siege Digital Plus Edition that showed up on PSN today? It's much cheaper than the original edition (here in Canada it's $59.99 versus the regular $79.99 price) and says it's the base plus $10 of R6 credits.

This was the quickest/easiest hostage rescue I've ever taken part in. What were the other team doing?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ioSXADVJaQ

My friends and I don't take casual games seriously so we do things like what their team did there. We leave the hostage undefended, and all go roaming, or plan some stupid strategy where we try to stop them getting in the house. That said, while we might lose rounds we don't usually lose matches, even when messing around like this.

I keep encouraging my friends to do stupid things too. Like earlier today my team mate was the last guy left, playing as pulse, with the American shotgun. We were playing on the German(?) shipping map with the containers and control centre. Glaz was the last man alive, on the enemy team, on the roof across the way. "Just run at him, it doesn't matter, you're better than him and your shotgun is overpowered'.

Sure enough, he ran outside for 30 or so seconds, and killed Glaz.

Moments like that are funny. Sometimes it's good to just test what you can do as a team, or individual, especially in casual. I told my fiance to 'just go downstairs and kill them all, don't hesitate, just do it', and man, she really surprised me and wiped their remaining team members (3).

Any PS4 players wants to do a PUG?
10 players, 2 team captain (randomly chosen).
Draft pick, best 2 out of 3 matches. (Best 4 out of 7 rounds)

Is PUG the right term here? PUG means pick up ground to me, which refers to the act of organising a group of players together, from a selection of randoms that you do not know. That doesn't make sense...

I would be in but not right now, I'm tired.

Mentok

Banned
Any PS4 players wants to do a PUG?
10 players, 2 team captain (randomly chosen).
Draft pick, best 2 out of 3 matches. (Best 4 out of 7 rounds)

I would love to, but it depends on when we do this.

I finally got ranked, I'm a Silver III. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Gaz_RB

Is PUG the right term here? PUG means pick up ground to me, which refers to the act of organising a group of players together, from a selection of randoms that you do not know. That doesn't make sense...

I would be in but not right now, I'm tired.

Pick Up Game. mainly we just play a friendly Gaffer 5v5, best two out of three.

Pick Up Game. mainly we just play a friendly Gaffer 5v5, best two out of three.

I always thought PUG was public group, haven't used it since WoW though. Mainly just a group of randoms. I would love to get down on a pick up game with some GAFers, but won't be on til later tonight.

Let's set a tentative date for the 7th during the evening. All fun and games, nothing personal.
PS4*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
5.Berzerk-O
6.TheTrinidad
7.Chronospherics
8.US_Keihart
9.CarlosVato

Replacement:Longhornbevo

2 Team captain will be randomly chosen through RNG.
Team 1 has pick number 1, 4, 5, 8
Team 2 has pick number 2, 3, 6, 7

Team 2 picks the first Map and Game Mode. Team 1 chooses which side to start (Attack or Defend)
Team 1 picks the second Map and game mode with Team 2 choosing the side.
Third game undecided yet..

Gaz_RB

I always thought PUG was public group, haven't used it since WoW though. Mainly just a group of randoms. I would love to get down on a pick up game with some GAFers, but won't be on til later tonight.

You're right.
Pick Up Group is usually used in video gaming, for things like what you described.

Pick Up Game is more often used in team sports like basketball. A couple of guys standing around a court decide to play a quick game.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Let's set a tentative date for the 7th during the evening.

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
4.Evolved1?

Team 2 picks the first Map and Game Mode. Team 1 chooses which side to start (Attack or Defend)

PC?

Me!

Klyka

Banned
I love that people want Ubisoft to get rid of the 1HK headshots.

"b-but p-people spray and p-pray and just h-hit my head by l-luck! yes it's all l-luck!"

jesus this new generation of gamers is so horrible.
get off my VR lawn

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

BVFAzfL.jpg

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PSN ID TO THE REQUEST FOR A FAVORITES GROUP INVITE!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

KodaRuss

I love that people want Ubisoft to get rid of the 1HK headshots.

"b-but p-people spray and p-pray and just h-hit my head by l-luck! yes it's all l-luck!"

jesus this new generation of gamers is so horrible.
get off my VR lawn

I am sure they wont take that away. It adds so much to the tension game. I havent really seen many people asking for that.

Currently, I really do not think anything is out of balance other than a few operators that are not that great (IQ and Tachanka). Hopefully Ubisoft keeps it the way it is because it definitely feels great at the moment.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So, haven't played the game in a week and a half or so - was busy with the holidays.

Got on tonight at rank 24 for some casual. Even lucked out and got a team full of cool guys with mics. Still ended up losing 4 out of 5 games. I just don't get it. But even then, wasn't having a terrible time, as two rounds in a row I got 4 and 3 kills, respectively - and then got a helluva drop on the enemy to plant the bomb.

Anyway, though... I love this game. But gotta say - and I hate admitting it because I do love it so much - but the netcode is going to fucking ruin this game for me.

I now have AT&T Gigabit internet, with - I fuck you not - 1-3ms ping on speedtests. In game, I'm typically the lowest latency in the game - typically sitting at about 40ms. Factor that with my 165hz ROG Swift monitor, and I really can't think of any reason why I should be experiencing any delays.

But, man, just tonight there were three occasions where I wondered how the ever-flying-fuck someone got the drop on me around a corner. I mean, I'm just sitting on defense, all their drones are dead, and I'm waiting around a corner with a shotgun. INSTANTLY, the moment I see them I pull the trigger - and yet they kill me. Killcam goes... and from their perspective, they were already 4 feet fucking past the entry way and had a full second to find me.

Is it the tickrate I heard about earlier? I don't know - but since the game is so heavily reliant on "getting the drop" on someone, it is extremely frustrating. :(

Mentok

Banned
Let's set a tentative date for the 7th during the evening. All fun and games, nothing personal.
PS4*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
4.Evolved1

If it's after 7 EST, add me to this! (PSN Berzerk-O).

Second game tonight where I'm rubberbanding everywhere - PC version. Anyone else experiencing this? Enemy ping is fairly high when this happens, dunno what's going on. Ubi servers having issues?

edit: lots of players both teams having ping issues, but never exceed 150.

Facing the same problem. It's been going on for a few hours now and it's nearly unplayable at this point.

Btw just got the game a few days ago and would be willing to join up in any games, barring these problems.

Facing the same problem. It's been going on for a few hours now and it's nearly unplayable at this point.

Btw just got the game a few days ago and would be willing to join up in any games, barring these problems.

I planted thermite on a reinforcement and the first time it just fizzled out (nothing blocking it on other side) with no detonation at the end. The second time, it fizzled out and six seconds later exploded out of nowhere.

Also rubberbanding all around, someone clutched by somehow landing a kill after the timer ended at the last second thanks to lag and multiple players instantly disconnected at once. My guess is that only some of the dedicated servers are having these issues.

edit (video of another match, featuring an accidental nade tk): https://youtu.be/zXtFtlJYOUA?t=97 (local recording, no upload bandwidth used - may have vulgar language from other players)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
4.Evolved1
5.Berzerk-O

I'm in!

Klyka

Banned
I don't get this game.

I don't understand how it makes me come back again and again. At least,I think I don't understand but I actually do:

Cause it's damn fucking good.

I don't get this game.

I don't understand how it makes me come back again and again. At least,I think I don't understand but I actually do:

It really is, they made a game with such a good core loop and fast pace that it is really shocking this is a AAA Ubisoft game. Everything down from the drone phase time to the round timer seems perfectly made for that 'one more game' feel.

On another note, what's everyones thoughts on the p90? The kick is real crazy and the low damage makes it tough for me to use in a lot of situations but I am finding some success using it as a short burst headshot machine due to the high rof giving me more 'chances' in a quick burst. Basically kind of like the smg-11 but not nearly as accurate or good.

Klyka

Banned
It really is, they made a game with such a good core loop and fast pace that it is really shocking this is a AAA Ubisoft game. Everything down from the drone phase time to the round timer seems perfectly made for that 'one more game' feel.

On another note, what's everyones thoughts on the p90? The kick is real crazy and the low damage makes it tough for me to use in a lot of situations but I am finding some success using it as a short burst headshot machine due to the high rof giving me more 'chances' in a quick burst. Basically kind of like the smg-11 but not nearly as accurate or good.

I like the P90 cause of the large magazine enabling you to spam through a wall or towards a group of enemies and being able to put down a constant fire through it all.

I usually take the MP5 over it though

I have had some weird issues with Rainbow Six today on PC. I've been playing it the past few days just fine but today when I started it up it had a lot of problems getting going. When I launched it from Steam my computer kind of seized up for 10+ seconds before loading the game. When loading into matches I'm always 5 or 6 seconds behind my team as I seem to load in, but my screen is just black for the first few secs of a match.

I know the simple solution is to reinstall it, but it's a bit of a hassle to delete and then redownload a big game so I was hoping for some less nuclear options in regards to fixing it. I've already tried verifying the files to no effect (verifies fine, but still same problem). Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Klyka

Banned
I have had some weird issues with Rainbow Six today on PC. I've been playing it the past few days just fine but today when I started it up it had a lot of problems getting going. When I launched it from Steam my computer kind of seized up for 10+ seconds before loading the game. When loading into matches I'm always 5 or 6 seconds behind my team as I seem to load in, but my screen is just black for the first few secs of a match.

I know the simple solution is to reinstall it, but it's a bit of a hassle to delete and then redownload a big game so I was hoping for some less nuclear options in regards to fixing it. I've already tried verifying the files to no effect (verifies fine, but still same problem). Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Do other games installed on the same drive work fine?

Do other games installed on the same drive work fine?

Yeah no issue there. Only Rainbow Six. I thought it might have installed badly which does happen rarely but I've played it over the weekend when I got it just fine. I want to know why it just suddenly stopped working ok all of a sudden.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah no issue there. Only Rainbow Six. I thought it might have installed badly which does happen rarely but I've played it over the weekend when I got it just fine. I want to know why it just suddenly stopped working ok all of a sudden.

That's really weird man, sorry, can't really say why that would happen if you changed nothing.

Sky87

Check eventviewer to exclude the possibility of hardware issues (TDR's).

Also, SSD or HDD? If HDD, run a defragmentation analysis, it should be <5%.

Klyka

Banned
If I buy the Season Pass, will I get early access to the new operators permanently? Like will I still have to pay renown for them?

You will have them immediately unlocked for no renown cost at all and you get them on the earliest date aka 7 days before non season pass owners.

Keihart

Sometimes just the sound of mute's jammer is enough to stop a breach. I know if I hear that thing, I don't even attempt to breach without thatcher clearing it.

Yesterday, while playing as Thermite (as i usually do) i found out that you can actually disable generators atached to a reinforced wall by droping a frag just by the wall. I wonder if those frags can get to Mute's jammers too...

Check eventviewer to exclude the possibility of hardware issues (TDR's).

Also, SSD or HDD? If HDD, run a defragmentation analysis, it should be <5%.

No issues with any of that. Figured out the issue when trying to remember what changed between yesterday and today I remember installing DS4windows so I disabled that and it worked perfectly. For some reason R6 siege doesn't work nice with DS4Windows for whatever reason (anyone that might know why please reply). Thanks for the help though.

No issues with any of that. Figured out the issue when trying to remember what changed between yesterday and today I remember installing DS4windows so I disabled that and it worked perfectly. For some reason R6 siege doesn't work nice with DS4Windows for whatever reason (anyone that might know why please reply). Thanks for the help though.

You do not need to use DS4Windows, the PS4 controller is supported natively.

nOoblet16

There is absolutely no reason to pick the P90 over MP5. The more chances of headshot isn't much of a thing because of the kick (even when fired in bursts) when all you need is one shot. And with a P90 if your first few shots aren't headshots then the rest are not going to be that either. With MP5 atleast you have the accuracy and the stability for a reliable headshot, so that even if you miss the first bullet the 2nd or 3rd will hit.

On a side note nothing wrong with Ubisoft :p ,they are probably the best out of all the big publishers when it comes to trying things.

You do not need to use DS4Windows, the PS4 controller is supported natively.

I dont use it anyway, I just had the program running because I switch constantly between M+K controls for certain games and pad for others like Dark Souls or something. It's easier to leave the program running in the background than quitting out of it when I dont need it.

I dont use it anyway, I just had the program running because I switch constantly between M+K controls for certain games and pad for others like Dark Souls or something. It's easier to leave the program running in the background than quitting out of it when I dont need it.

Oh okay, thought you didn't knew about that :)

Klyka

Banned
Talked to a friend a bit yesterday about what we both like about the game and he had an interesting answer to my question of "What sets the game apart from other shooters you could be playing right now?".

He said "That the game takes camping into account and gives you tools for and against it,thereby making it a proper gameplay mechanic instead of a frowned upon behavior"

I thought about it a bit and I agree. In Siege no one ever really gets mad at "that guy just camping" or anything. Getting into a position and also gaining/avoiding intel on it is all part of the game.

Especially drones play a huge role in anti-camping as well as the breaching mechanic of course allowing you to bypass many camp spots.

nOoblet16

Talked to a friend a bit yesterday about what we both like about the game and he had an interesting answer to my question of "What sets the game apart from other shooters you could be playing right now?".

He said "That the game takes camping into account and gives you tools for and against it,thereby making it a proper gameplay mechanic instead of a frowned upon behavior"

I thought about it a bit and I agree. In Siege no one ever really gets mad at "that guy just camping" or anything. Getting into a position and also gaining/avoiding intel on it is all part of the game.

Especially drones play a huge role in anti-camping as well as the breaching mechanic of course allowing you to bypass many camp spots.
This holds true for any single life game though, especially if they have attack defend type game modes.

Counter Strike or COD's Search and Destroy mode (COD4 PC's Pro Mod version of Search and Destroy was really something special)

Pick up game refers to the act of picking up a 'public group' out of people you don't know from randoms, traditionally. Doesn't matter though.

So yeah, it's usually refer to a public game in one capacity or another.

Can I sign up for a slot Mike? I will be available on the 7th.

My character preference is Glaz, Twitch, Kapkan and Smoke. I thought I would say because that way the team captains can pick people who do not overlap on operator preferences.

Klyka

Banned
Pick up game refers to the act of picking up a 'public group' out of people you don't know fro m randoms, traditionally.

So yeah, it's usually refer to a public game in one capacity or another.

Can I sign up for a slot Mike? I will be available on the 7th.

My character preference is Glaz, Twitch, Kapkan and Smoke. I thought I would say because that way the team captains can pick people who do not overlap on operator preferences.

Your operators are bad and you should feel bad.

IQ for life!

Your operators are bad and you should feel bad.

IQ for life!

I almost put Tchanka on my list. The best operator.

I'm trying to get a game where I successfully pull off a flank, set up his mounted gun, and wipe the enemy team with it through a wall.

I've come close so far, on the Clubhouse map if they attack your rooftop location you can mount your gun on the opposing building while they attack and tear through the wall on their side.

Drewfonse

I don't get this game.

It really is. It's so fun. The highs are really high and the lows are teeth gnashingly low. I will say though, that when I don't angrily fast forward past my kill cam, they usually provide insight. Note to self, don't lie down under non-reinforced trap doors, drewfonse, just don't.

This has quickly, and u expectedly, become my all time favorite MP shooter, surpassing CoD4, which is a complete shock to me.

Absolutely neck and neck with Bloodborne for my 2015 GOTY, with both of them being all time favorites for me.

Around rank 25ish (forgot my rank) this game is finally starting to click for me no longer finishing maps with 0 kills because I don't know where they're going to come from, or where to defend. Or where to attack. Learning the maps is taking so long. There's so many places to go.

Top Bottom