• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Personally, I don't mind that much when they find the objective.

I already know that they know where it's at and I have to adjust accordingly.

I find it easier to defend knowing that they have to get there.

The only time I care about that is if its Hostage. If they don't know where the hostage is they might shoot into the room killing the hostage or something so you win the round. Bomb or secure area, it really doesn't matter. They are going to find it because of the Castle barricades, barb wire, jammers, reinforced walls, etc...

The only time I care about that is if its Hostage. If they don't know where the hostage is they might shoot into the room killing the hostage or something so you win the round. Bomb or secure area, it really doesn't matter. They are going to find it because of the Castle barricades, barb wire, jammers, reinforced walls, etc...

Exactly, which is why if you occasionally missplace you castle barricades, reinforced walls, etc then there's a very good chance of missleading them.

In ranked at least, a lot of this game is mindgames, and conditioning is a big factor. If you conceal the objective the first time, yet remain in place (so the barricades, castle walls etc correspond with secure area or hostage location) then on your next defensive round (whether you won or lost the first one) instead reinforce and conceal a 'dummy' area, there's every chance you will conceal the real objective.

I'd like to give it a go in some matches. I know it will definitely work on casual due to the lack of communcation and lower skill level, but ranked is hard to say.

Klyka

Banned
Exactly, which is why if you occasionally missplace you castle barricades, reinforced walls, etc then there's a very good chance of missleading them.

In ranked at least, a lot of this game is mindgames, and conditioning is a big factor. If you conceal the objective the first time, yet remain in place (so the barricades, castle walls etc correspond with secure area or hostage location) then on your next defensive round (whether you won or lost the first one) instead reinforce and conceal a 'dummy' area, there's every chance you will conceal the real objective.

I'd like to give it a go in some matches. I know it will definitely work on casual due to the lack of communcation and lower skill level, but ranked is hard to say.

In ranked, they just see you through the walls anyway mate ;)

nOoblet16

It works non some map but ultimately it's unnecessary. The reason being you need to be well separated from the main objective for it to be effective, and doing that while still effectively hiding the objective using jammers and stuff is not possible more often than not. Suppose if you just do it in the room next door or the room in front then it changes nothing really as the enemy would know it's not the "reinforced room" but the room with the jammers. If they find the fake room then you'd be lucky for them to not find the real room within seconds given how small the preparation phase is...meaning you can't have been far from the objective.

You also have to keep in mind that often the drones are so fast that they find the room even before mute has had the chance to put all his jammers down. Most of the time when the objectives are successfully hidden are when mute works in tandem with bandit (who has to place both shock wire and battery so it takes longer to set up).

All of this basically means all you are left with at the end is a fake room that enemy knows about and a real room close to it that has minimal fortifications. It's an interesting idea and the game certainly doesnt stop you from using it, but the way the game works and the length of the round makes this strategy ultimately ineffective compared to just simply setting up defences normally.

Infact therr is an argument to be made that if an enemy finds an objective then you actually have a better idea of what route they might take to approach you. Unless it's hostage in which case hiding the objective is always better since it can cause accidental wins.

I would also like to experiment in ranked and casual with some 'path of least resistance' approaches.

Everyone seems to just barricade everything, but what if we let them engage us through certain windows and doorways, but not others? The garage on house is one that's always very well reinforced, but what if a team with Jager, lets them open up only the left side, have jager sit in the 3rd floor bathroom ready to open fire from a window, with russian carbines waiting to engage through the doorway from inside.

People always assume that by leaving something unreinforced their opponents have been negligent. I think there's ample room to manipulate those common conceptions to a round win.

It works non some map but ultimately it's unnecessary. The reason being you need to be well separated from the main objective for it to be effective, and doing that while still effectively hiding the objective using jammers and stuff is not possible more often than not. Suppose if you just do it in the room next door or the room in front then it changes nothing really as the enemy would know it's not the "reinforced room" but the room with the jammers. If they find the fake room then you'd be lucky for them to not find the real room within seconds given how small the preparation phase is...meaning you can't have been far from the objective.

You also have to keep in mind that often the drones are so fast that they find the room even before mute has had the chance to put all his jammers down. Most of the time when the objectives are successfully hidden are when mute works in tandem with bandit (who has to place both shock wire and battery so it takes longer to set up).

All of this basically means all you are left with at the end is a fake room that enemy knows about and a real room close to it that has minimal fortifications.

It's an interesting idea and the game certainly doesnt stop you from using it, but the way the game works and the length of the round makes this strategy ultimately ineffective compared to just simply setting up defences normally.

The drones won't find the objective before mute puts the jammer down because on ranked you get to select the location. If for instance you pick third floor kafe refridgerator then the drones can't get there under 15s, and even then the hostage there is very easy to miss.

But yeah naturally it would be map dependent. I am thinking it might work best on Clubhouse and Oregon, since it often takes drones longer to find the objective on those maps anyway. The basement would be a good place for mute to hide it, as teams rarely use the basement unless something is explicitly in the basement. You could dummy the floor above.

I mean, in many instances they would accidentally find it anyway, but for a free round it could be worth it.

There are additional things you can do to slow opponents down too. For instance, use smoke to delay approaches through a corridor. Step outside the house for 5 seconds at the begging of the round on defense, they will think you are a defensive roamer hunting them, and waste time searching for you.

nOoblet16

I would also like to experiment in ranked and casual with some 'path of least resistance' approaches.

Everyone seems to just barricade everything, but what if we let them engage us through certain windows and doorways, but not others? The garage on house is one that's always very well reinforced, but what if a team with Jager, lets them open up only the left side, have jager sit in the 3rd floor bathroom ready to open fire from a window, with russian carbines waiting to engage through the doorway from inside.

People always assume that by leaving something unreinforced their opponents have been negligent. I think there's ample room to manipulate those common conceptions to a round win.
This on the other hand is a viable tactic and works a lot compared to decoy room.

A non reinforced wall will always get attention more than a reinforced since except for thermite no one can breach it.

Can I still join if you have place for private games ?

yupp 2 left. With you theres 1 spot left.

Let's set a tentative date for the 7th during the evening. All fun and games, nothing personal.
PS4*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Gaz_RB
3.alpinestars1980
4.nOoblet16
5.Berzerk-O
6.TheTrinidad
7.Chronospherics
8.US_Keihart
9.CarlosVato

Replacement:Longhornbevo

2 Team captain will be randomly chosen through RNG.
Team 1 has pick number 1, 4, 5, 8
Team 2 has pick number 2, 3, 6, 7

Team 2 picks the first Map and Game Mode. Team 1 chooses which side to start (Attack or Defend)
Team 1 picks the second Map and game mode with Team 2 choosing the side.
Third game undecided yet..

Team 1: US_Keihart, Mike_Hawk689
Team 2: Alpinestars1980, Berzerk-O, Gaz_RB

I think in a previous post I ranked these operators really low in my tier list

Here's to proving myself wrong

VDZ81T0.png

With that said, Glaz win loss is really low. My win loss average is 6.3 for games and between 3 and 4 for rounds, so that suggests that Glaz doesn't have the best influence on match outcome, even if he is landing kills. A big part of that is that it's difficult to clutch with Glaz, in my opinion.

When I'm last man, it often feels like the match is lost. In doors, in close quarters, Glaz's sniper can work, but it certainly isn't ideal.

Team 1: US_Keihart, Mike_Hawk689, Chrono, CarlosVato.
Team 2: Alpinestars1980, Berzerk-O, Gaz_RB, nOoblet16, TheTrinidad

Since there's only two left. n0oblet and Trini goes to alpine's team.
So far it's 4v5, We shall either pick a non-gaffer, or see if anyone wants to join our team and we will be set.

Gaz_RB

I could definitely see some uses for a bear trap.

It could stop people for a few seconds while they struggle to take it off. Once trapped, you can either try to take it off or aim your gun. Maybe teammates can help remove it. I could see some cool stuff. It seems like it'd be pretty obvious tho lol

Here's a quick overview of the teams, anonymized in case anyone didn't want their stats on display.

LJ7NvsY.png

It's actually relatively even.

I've been playing a lot of private skrims and such on Siege recently and it bothers me when the teams are one sided, but this looks like it has the capacity for a fun set of matches. Presuming the 5th player added to Keiharts squad is neither terrible or exceptional, on paper, the teams will be very evenly matched.

Here's a quick overview of the teams, annonymised incase anyonedidn't want their stats on display.

Ot6yddj.png

It's actually relatively even.

I've been playing a lot of private skrims and such on Siege recently and it bothers me when the teams are one sided, but this looks like it has the capacity for a fun set of matches. Presuming the 5th player added to Keiharts squad is neither terrible or exceptional, on paper, the teams will be very evenly matched.

lol holy shit

Updated with broadbandits profile

KFGeZqD.png

Alpines teams biggest strength is its consistency. Keiharts team are less consistent but on paper they have some players that are likely to get them out of bad situation.

I could see it going either way, as it seems GAF in general are above average at this game. Gaz, Alpine and Mike are some of the best players I've played with and the rest of you aren't to be scoffed at either.

Top Bottom