• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Have we established how "Montagne" is pronounced yet? I maintain it's "mon-tyne" but people online keep telling me I'm wrong :/

Man-Tang.

8YGGTBp.gif

GGs guys.

I was pretty catatonic in those games. due to a headache that I can't seem to shift. So I just stayed safe and scouted with drones most of the time. Well, that and the latency made me reluctant to poke.

Gaz_RB

My issue is that TLOU was only on one platform and I would feel bad if I didn't make sure all platforms were included in a RB6 tourney.

I'm also not sure this game has enough of a fanbase on GAF to fill a tourney.

Given the amount of ps4 players isn't as huge with gaf. I would continue with weekly games like this. Maybe make it a bit earlier to accomodate euro players. Until we have over 30 players ready for a tourney

Given the amount of ps4 players isn't as huge with gaf. I would continue with weekly games like this. Maybe make it a bit earlier to accomodate euro players. Until we have over 30 players ready for a tourney

there a ton of ps4 players. Plus we could also use outside friends like TLOU. We play on ps4 gaz, let's do a ps4 tourney. Others can copy for the other platforms

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR QUOTE ME ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PSN ID TO THE REQUEST FOR A FAVORITES GROUP INVITE!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

HAPPY TERRORIST HUNTING!

Animator

Krappadizzle flew too close to the sun tonight and got BURNED :D

Love it when the game matches you with the other team in discord totally randomly. It is such a "oh shit!" moment

Dirtiest bug I've been shown so far is putting a castle wall up in a doorway, breaking it down, then putting a deployable shield in that doorway. You won't be able to hop the shield and it'll have to be destroyed with nades.

edit: is the open mic bug back after the newest patch on PC?

Krappadizzle flew too close to the sun tonight and got BURNED :D

Love it when the game matches you with the other team in discord totally randomly. It is such a "oh shit!" moment

I just prove the point that even the best Rainbow Six:Siege player in the world(read:Me) can't do it all on their own.

I think a tournament would be fun.

We should allow friends of gaf in, so long as they are Captained by a member of gaf that posts here.

Some rules would need to be reworked. Host rotation is essential, as its a huge advantage in these p2p games and some specification on what to do in the event of disconnections would be needed. Normally, regardless of when the DC occurs, if the match has begun (prep or action phase) the round should continue as is. Otherwise on a larger scale this could be abused by individual players. As in, if they couldn't find the objective or their prep phase strategy didn't work, they could reset by dcing.

Genryu

Banned
You have to waste a nitro though.

I know this is pretty late, but I had to sleep and then go to work, but you don't have to use a Nitro to get up there, you can use a shotgun as well. I fucked up a little bit in the gif and used too many shots, but you can do it in 5 shotgun blasts, or 4 with the FBI Shotgun.

ezgif-1248507658.gif

Also, I pronounce Montagne like Champagne, because France.

Had a lot of really bad matches, with no match wins (playing with randos all night) for a while, was feeling really frustrated and then finally I got with two people using mic and working well together. We ran a few shutout matches even with two other randos swapping in and out. Feels sooooooooo good when it finally clicks in this game. Using the same operator over and over helps a lot. Knowing exactly what my load out is, exactly how my gun is going to feel when shooting it, etc makes a big difference for me at this point. I really like Rook for a noob defender. Your special is a really easy way to help your team out. Put the armor back down in the area you are defending...done. No crazy meta for your special use, no way to fuck it up (unless you forget to put it down) and then you can focus on smart positioning of yourself and help fortify. Still don't know my preferred attacker yet. Any noop friendly attacking ops?

Keihart

Had a lot of really bad matches, with no match wins (playing with randos all night) for a while, was feeling really frustrated and then finally I got with two people using mic and working well together. We ran a few shutout matches even with two other randos swapping in and out. Feels sooooooooo good when it finally clicks in this game. Using the same operator over and over helps a lot. Knowing exactly what my load out is, exactly how my gun is going to feel when shooting it, etc makes a big difference for me at this point. I really like Rook for a noob defender. Your special is a really easy way to help your team out. Put the armor back down in the area you are defending...done. No crazy meta for your special use, no way to fuck it up (unless you forget to put it down) and then you can focus on smart positioning of yourself and help fortify. Still don't know my preferred attacker yet. Any noop friendly attacking ops?

Maybe Twitch, if you scout correctly with her drone, you learn the maps better and can help your team spoting enemies and destroying traps. She has some great weapons too.

My favorite attacker is Thermite tho.

Maybe Twitch, if you scout correctly with her drone, you learn the maps better and can help your team spoting enemies and destroying traps. She has some great weapons too.

My favorite attacker is Thermite tho.

I have been using a lot of Thermite because I like his primary weapons. I just discovered these operator guide youtube videos by Serenity. They are really helpful for me already. I don't even have close to all the operators unlocked so I don't understand what most of their specials even do. I had no idea that is what Fuze did. No wonder I was confused when our heavily fortified position just started exploding with random small grenades.

I have been using a lot of Thermite because I like his primary weapons. I just discovered these operator guide youtube videos by Serenity. They are really helpful for me already. I don't even have close to all the operators unlocked so I don't understand what most of their specials even do. I had no idea that is what Fuze did. No wonder I was confused when our heavily fortified position just started exploding with random small grenades.

I've only watched a few but these videos are great! I'll definitely watch the rest

I've only watched a few but these videos are great! I'll definitely watch the rest

Yeah, I have watched probably half of them now and they are so helpful. It would have taken me another month of unlocking and playing with operators to know what each of them did so specifically. EMPs through walls... didn't know that. I also didn't know the ins and outs of Thatchers ADS. Def recommend these vids to new players.

Drewfonse

I've been playing for 14 straight hours. No shortage of people to play with for me so far! :)

Your k/d ratios with different operators become....understandable now. No offense, of course. But when I look at mine that is slowly inching up to 1:1 because of a horrible first 15-20 hrs, and I remember you talking about your Glaz's 3:1 as being a bit pedestrian, it really does become all relative to hours put into the game. And you just being really, really good at it. ☺

I'd love for ANY of my Operators to be more than 1:1 right now. My Fuze is pretty much 1:1. I know that k/d only tells a portion of the story, but it DOES tell a portion of it. And right now, my story is being told in fits and starts.

Top Bottom