• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Picked this up on PC, just played the first situation while its downloading. I'm getting that oldschool R6 feel from it!

I will def be interested in teaming up with Gaffers for mp. I'm usually on 8pm EST and after each night (assuming my son cooperates with bedtime :) )

What's the best way to look for teammates, just post in this thread?

We should start posting the PC Discord every couple pages here as I believe the link expires after a set amount of time. That's where everyone's been meeting up and organizing games on PC. Last night we had 4 full teams going for a good amount of time.

I agree with the bolded, I always try to play/learn from those who are better. Hell, I'll rematch a very close game, or a game where I felt outclassed.

And what about the rest? Do you not see players that fail to learn because they blame external factors? Players that will sooner blame circumstances like the fact that they were headshot, their gun didn't do enough damage, lag, hit registration etc. sooner than their own positioning, accuracy etc.

Not many people will die and accept the notion that the person killing them may well be a better player. Being defeated creates cognitive dissonance, and that dissonance is mediated by these external attributions. Although that process may make people feel better about themselves, it's also counter-intuitive to learning and becoming a better player.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
tfw you try to throw a frag grenade through a window while rapelling on the wall but it bounces off the windowframe and you rapidly try to descend but it kills you anyway. I have a lot of frag-related mishaps in this game. I wonder if I haven't actually gotten more self-kills and teamkills than enemy kills with them.

Klyka

Banned
And what about the rest? Do you not see players that fail to learn because they blame external factors? Players that will sooner blame circumstances like the fact that they were headshot, their gun didn't do enough damage, lag, hit registration etc. sooner than their own positioning, accuracy etc.

Not many people will die and accept the notion that the person killing them may well be a better player. Being defeated creates cognitive dissonance, and that dissonance is mediated by these external attributions. Although that process may make people feel better about themselves, it's also counter-intuitive to learning.

I think it has become very easy for people to say that something "messed up" and got them killed because we play on the Internet and the words "lag" "ping" and "hack" have basically become synonymous with online gaming.

I mean, OBVIOUSLY I should have won that firefight, but you know, lag.

tfw you try to throw a frag grenade through a window while rapelling on the wall but it bounces off the window frame and you rapidly try to descend but it kills you anyway. I have a lot of frag-related mishaps in this game. I wonder if I haven't actually gotten more self-kills and teamkills than enemy kills with them.

I think I killed a teammate with one once in the beta. You should recognise their limitations and use them in areas that you have a little more space. I use mine to get people out from positions I know them to be at though open doorways or windows, or chuck them through breaches and things like that. They're good right after a thermite breach if you have a good idea on enemy positions. You can use the smoke from the breach to conceal yourself while throwing the frag.

I think it has become very easy for people to say that something "messed up" and got them killed because we play on the Internet and the words "lag" "ping" and "hack" have basically become synonymous with online gaming.

I mean, OBVIOUSLY I should have won that firefight, but you know, lag.

Shadowplay is really useful in this respect. The kill cams aren't really accurate and neither is human memory of a firefight that lasted half a second. You can go back and see you actually didn't in fact track the head perfectly in real time and actually did miss some shots your brain told you that you hit.

Varth

Its been like a week since I played last time smoothly. Everything from THunt to MP ends up in awful rubberbanding and disconnections, and sometimes it cannot even validate content or go through matchmaking. What happened? It used to be pretty smooth before. Didn't see any patch.

PS4 EU here.

Its been like a week since I played last time smoothly. Everything from THunt to MP ends up in awful rubberbanding and disconnections. What happened? It used to be pretty smooth before. Didn't see any patch.

PS4 EU here.

Patch for consoles will be released this coming week, should fix some issues with matchmaking and rubberbanding.

Varth

Patch for consoles will be released this coming week, should fix some issues with matchmaking and rubberbanding.

Good to hear. Won't even bother with new ops or last 2 trophies if it keeps being a PITA like that. Aldo, what the hell does it mean that my data center "sbr" is "-1ms"?

Good to hear. Won't even bother with new ops or last 2 trophies if it keeps being a PITA like that. Aldo, what the hell does it mean that my data center "sbr" is "-1ms"?

SBR? No clue, -1ms, wow how is that possible ? Never had that, was always connected to weu with 32 ms.
SBR means apparently South Brazil.

Klyka

Banned
Shadowplay is really useful in this respect. The kill cams aren't really accurate and neither is human memory of a firefight that lasted half a second. You can go back and see you actually didn't in fact track the head perfectly in real time and actually did miss some shots your brain told you that you hit.

I agree,I always have it running and I upload a lot of the rounds I play because of it.

But the people we were talking about are not really the ones who will go and rewatch a firefight they lost and analyze it XD

Varth

SBR? No clue, -1ms, wow how is that possible ? Never had that, was always connected to weu with 32 ms.

Yep, so clearly its some kind of error. My ping is usually triple as yours. Seems like I should try to disconnect and reconnect to PSN to try and fix it. :

Yep, so clearly its some kind of error. My ping is usually triple as yours. Seems like I should try to disconnect and reconnect to PSN to try and fix it. :

I hope this will slightly fixes it for you, try to restart your modem or router too.
If not the patch next week should hopefully fixes that problem for you.

So I'm used to playing Solo and communicating with whoever has a mic on my team, most of the time no one. Casual I was doing well in winning most games. Ranked is a whole different ball game. I presume most people are running teams? Don't think I've won a game yet, although had an epic game last night where my team was 3-0 down and we tied it 3-3, but some idiot on our team team killed and then we lost.

Pro Tip:

When playing without a mic and on defense, jump in from of a hole that your team is actively engaging the enemy through. This will stop your team from shooting, giving you a brief opportunity to steal the kill. When you realize you can't get the kill, jump out of the way so your teammate gets shot, then return to the hole so you have a chance to pickup the kill while the enemy is celebrating/reloading. Then realize because a teammate is dead it's one less person on the map to take kills from you.

Pro Tip:

When playing without a mic and on defense, jump in from of a hole that your team is actively engaging the enemy through. This will stop your team from shooting, giving you a brief opportunity to steal the kill. When you realize you can't get the kill, jump out of the way so your teammate gets shot, then return to the hole so you have a chance to pickup the kill while the enemy is celebrating/reloading. Then realize because a teammate is dead it's one less person on the map to take kills from you.

Lol, know it well.

nOoblet16

Alpine you online?
Pro Tip:

Or get shot by both your teammate and the other dude.

90% of the time that works everytime.

Pro Tip:

My bible. Dead.

Animator

Something a lot of people still don't realize:

If you have a trapdoor in the floor of the objective you are defending it is good to blow that up so you can drop downstairs and flank the enemy when they think you are in the objective room. Turned around many a guaranteed losses to wins using this tactic.

Yes, it is South Brazil, and apparently when one datacenter does not respond to the game ping requests, it gets the -1 value and the game does a simple check for the smallest ping time to select the best datacenter...

nOoblet16

Something a lot of people still don't realize:

If you have a trapdoor in the floor of the objective you are defending it is good to blow that up so you can drop downstairs and flank the enemy when they think you are in the objective room. Turned around many a guaranteed losses to wins using this tactic.

Problem with that is you need a Nitro or shotgun, most players won't use a nitro for that...unless you have it on yourself. I don't play a class with a nitro and I don't like using shotguns so I have to depend on others for blowing it up.

g23

European pre-madonna
How's the PC community? just wondering because I would like to play this with mouse and keyboard.

I hate people who play this game. I'm sorry but I do. My friend and I join this game in progress. The three guys on our team appear to be a party together. My friend said, "I wonder the other two people quit because they were team killed." I was like nah maybe they just left. So the round ends and we spawned as attackers. My friend and I start to go to the objective and all the sudden my friend goes down. I was like what happened? I then saw a teammate shoot and kill him. Then I was shot and killed by another teammate. So there's nothing we can do. The three guys can't be vote kicked because they won't get enough votes. So screw people in this game. So annoying. It's just a waste of my time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Urgh why can't they remove the penalty for leaving a ranked match that already had quitters already? That and the total lack of ability to report players or mute them entirely/ignore them in matchmaking are my most wanted, basic-ass features.

On a slightly more positive note, I just managed to win a 2v5 match, lmao. Some douchebag killed my entire team and I could only get one up, and I got 4 or 5 kills, I don't remember. Enemy team got super cocky and I smoked them. It felt amazing.

I hate people who play this game. I'm sorry but I do. My friend and I join this game in progress. The three guys on our team appear to be a party together. My friend said, "I wonder the other two people quit because they were team killed." I was like nah maybe they just left. So the round ends and we spawned as attackers. My friend and I start to go to the objective and all the sudden my friend goes down. I was like what happened? I then saw a teammate shoot and kill him. Then I was shot and killed by another teammate. So there's nothing we can do. The three guys can't be vote kicked because they won't get enough votes. So screw people in this game. So annoying. It's just a waste of my time.

What dicks. They dont get auto kicked for TK'ing too much? People like this deserve a straight up ban.

People like this deserve a straight up ban.

jaime-lannister.gif

So what kind of new mode would you guys like to see?

Here's my random idea. Note that I dont have the game, so certain assumptions could be way off.

Infiltrate:

-Attackers must uplink data to an uplink station, located in two different areas on the map (plant a laptop)
-All Attackers carry an uplink laptop and can uplink the data.
-Attackers know where the uplink locations are by default
-Both uplink stations must be secured to win. Securing just one will give you 1 point, securing both gets you 2 points
-Attackers can use cameras

-Defenders start in an area of the house
-Defenders must search the house for both uplink stations (no more than one per floor) and defend the area from uplink, or seek and kill the enemy team.
-Defenders do not know the location of the uplink stations, but will be notified when an uplink is complete
-Defenders can use drones

-Both teams can fortify (I don't have the game so I don't know if this contradicts the existing operator roles)
-No drone/fortify phase
-The more operators there are in a room, the faster the uplink happens. This stops teams from splitting up and completing the objective too quickly.

Basically, defenders would roam around the house looking for enemies, and will either choose to fortify a known uplink station or seek out the enemy. The Attackers set up and fortify a room to complete an uplink, and must hastily complete both uplinks.

Basically, Defenders are searching the house while Attackers are trying to sneak in and complete the mission without getting detected.

I dont know how big Rainbow Six maps are, but they look really big, and I like the idea of having to use the entire map.

Mentok

Banned
I keep running into Castle players who are either braindead or pricks.
This guy was both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJlvuSZiuL8

I love how you kept on being polite..."Please put a barricade here." HAHAHAHA. Yeah last night was the first night I thought "Yeah this game isn't fun sometimes". First, I had two rounds of defend the VIP in terrorist hunt where the last terrorists glitched outside the complex in a location we couldn't reach. Then I jumped on to MP with randoms in which one game had 2 TKers, and the other had no one on mics all doing their own thing. Like zero coordination.

Top Bottom